Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Mar. 16, 2017  6:40 PM)Kei Wrote: Yami did beat my DHR with L2KH in the Swiss Rounds 3-1 or 3-2 (two of his round wins coming via OS), to my amazement. I think there's definitely some difference in the molds of Hold because in my testing, L2 on Hold absolutely never outspins Deathscyther no matter what launch technique I try. I also didn't know how to launch against it properly going into that battle, but figured by the end that doing a relatively hard launch in the centre is the best bet; if you get knocked off balance and your opponent's Hold is good, you will probably lose.

That being said, we discovered later on that DHD shuts down L2 on Hold completely. Generally speaking, L2 isn't actually that great against Deathscyther. If I had to rank its (competitive) Stamina/Defense opponents from hardest to easiest opponent for L2 on a very general level, it would be like this:

1. Dark Deathscyther (Hardest)
2. Deathscyther
3. Wyvern
4. Neptune
5. Odin (Easiest)

You guys, don't just talk about Layers...

In all seriousness though, how Lost Longinus performs on Hold is more closely related to the variant of the Hold and how the user launches it (the balance of the L2 is also important, but that's beside the point right now) than the Layer of a right-spinning opponent. The Disk and Driver of the right-spinning opponent will be a larger determinant in whether L2 Hold will be able to outspin it. Right-spin Revolve with a Life After Death Disk (Spread, Ring, Infinity) seems to be L2 Hold's biggest weakness (you will need to weak launch it in case the L2 user tries to go for the KO, which they should as soon as they know they're up against right-spin Revolve) as it can outprecess Hold and outspin it by a few rotations by rolling on the Disk.

The variant of the Hold probably also plays a big factor in what L2_H can outspin. There is going to be natural variance between how freely the tip of Hold spins and how much the tip "tilts" up and down - hypothetically, I would think the ideal hold spins very freely and only tilts at a very small angle, if not remaining completely flat with the rest of the Driver. My Hold is good enough for me to be able to OS Deathscyther/Odin/D2 Heavy Defense with L2SH consistently (so is Sniper's, he 3-0ed a Heavy Defense setup with L2GH a couple months ago), apparently Yami's is even better if he could OS Revolve with it (though you weren't using Infinity), and maybe Mitsu's isn't as good as mine if he couldn't beat DHD with it.

Just for reference, I Sliding Shoot my Hold at about 10/20% power near the center of the Stadium, if you're wondering how I'm launching it to get these results.

(Mar. 14, 2017  8:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2017  8:55 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK, but why is nobody using Lost Longinus Gravity Hold and weak launching, knowing that it wins very easily against most Beyblades?
i guarantee @[Yami] was using L2KH weak launched at A&C because it absolutely dominated at my tournament.
OK and why did he suddenly not dominate at Toronto?

He did dominate with L2KH in Toronto for the most part - his one loss in Swiss was when he decided to use VKT rather than L2KH against JesseObre's DHD and lost 2-3, and he only didn't make it past the first round of the finals because he was unlucky enough to be matched up against Kei (in a Deck Format second encounter no less).

There's just way too many factors at play to make such generalizations about Burst, or Beyblade as a whole - it's very rare for anything to be absolute.
I'm hoping for a disk frame that is made out of rubber so that it can slow the opponent down or steal spin depending on the spin directions and one that is like SA165. :)
(Mar. 17, 2017  6:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: He did dominate with L2KH in Toronto for the most part - his one loss in Swiss was when he decided to use VKT rather than L2KH against JesseObre's DHD and lost 2-3, and he only didn't make it past the first round of the finals because he was unlucky enough to be matched up against Kei (in a Deck Format second encounter no less).

There's just way too many factors at play to make such generalizations about Burst, or Beyblade as a whole - it's very rare for anything to be absolute.

Thank you for those details, that seems rather different from any answer I got so far, oddly.
SO UM
APPARANTLY ALL THE CORE DISCS WEIGH AT LEAST 21g
https://twitter.com/f_kouno/status/842683721945767936

this is insane
(Mar. 17, 2017  2:07 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: SO UM

this is insane

This is awesome. Smile

this is insane

weight creep creepin' on in

prepares wallet
(Mar. 17, 2017  7:42 PM)Cake Wrote: weight creep creepin' on in

prepares wallet

And the most insane part is that the frames weigh an extra 2g too

That's like 23-24g

Oh Lordy
The shape is also really important. Even if the disk has 1 or 2 grams more, if it is unstable while spinning it will be completely useless, like most of the disks released so far.

this is insane

Well, no point buying gen 1/2 Burst then. Hopefully gen 4 will stabilise it before it gets out of hand.
(Mar. 18, 2017  2:41 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Well, no point buying gen 1/2 Burst then. Hopefully gen 4 will stabilise it before it gets out of hand.

You think Drivers like Reboot, Loop, and Flügel are going to outclass Xtreme, Orbit, and Revolve? I don't think so, haha. The future isn't so dim; there will still be good reason to pick up older releases for awhile at least.
[Image: 68rfb4.png]

Huh, seems like Leotoy has his Beyblade Burst God stuff in. Gotta say, I do like the outside packaging for it.

https://youtu.be/Q885mRphc1s
Alao, I am noticing a bit more over finishes with these beys, with harder bursting from what I assume to be because of the springs in the layer. But I could be wrong since its just first impressions from a few videos haha XD
Has anyone mentioned the fact that in MFB there seems to be a destructive 'gene' common in dragon like beys? (L-Drago, Dragonis, and even Shogun Steel Dragoon and Bahamoote.) I mean, to me, it feels like whether they blader is trying to be destructive or not, if it's any of those beys, something gets wrecked. And I don't mean just the blader they're battling, though that is often the case anyways. Wink I mean the stadium, or the area around the stadium, etc. They just seem to wreck things. And I know other beys have done this too, but it seems more consistent in dragon beys. I don't know, it's just a little something my friend and I joke about. The 'destructive dragon gene'. Anyone else notice this?
(Mar. 17, 2017  6:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: He did dominate with L2KH in Toronto for the most part - his one loss in Swiss was when he decided to use VKT rather than L2KH against JesseObre's DHD and lost 2-3, and he only didn't make it past the first round of the finals because he was unlucky enough to be matched up against Kei (in a Deck Format second encounter no less).

You might be able to argue that I was unlucky too on some levels! Yami was coming into the very well-documented and active Toronto community, so he would have had the opportunity to gather a lot of information about several of the finalists from the Winning Combinations and our tournament reports. We didn't have that luxury on the same level (of course, there has been some combos for him listed in the past, but not for Deck, and not to the same extent as Toronto). It's difficult playing against someone like that, even if you were able to observe a bit throughout the event.

I think everyone definitely overlooked the possibility of him using L2 Hold going into this tournament because it is a total non-factor in Toronto to date, and I personally completely forgot about it (and didn't have the same level of knowledge about it as you do) because of that in combination with my own abysmal experience with the combo. I'll have to try to get some more (hopefully better) Hold Drivers ... I appreciate your insights!

It's always interesting when different communities meet, and it was no different at WELCOME TO A&C GAMES IV. I'll maybe expand on this a bit more when Mitsu posts his tournament report.

(Mar. 17, 2017  6:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: There's just way too many factors at play to make such generalizations about Burst, or Beyblade as a whole - it's very rare for anything to be absolute.

Absolutely. But we would be sitting here forever if we tried to explain every possible variation of a situation or part. :) To me, it's always implicitly assumed that every assertion made about Beyblade on here is to be taken with a grain of salt to one degree or another; Beyblade isn't a game that can be totally simplified. But for the sake of discussion and pointing people in the right direction, I don't think it hurts to make generalizations sometimes as long as they are acknowledged as such and as being born from personal experience that can certainly vary due to any number of factors (manufacturing variance, launch techniques, specific combos, etc).
(Mar. 18, 2017  3:03 AM)Angry Face Wrote: You think Drivers like Reboot, Loop, and Flügel are going to outclass Xtreme, Orbit, and Revolve? I don't think so, haha. The future isn't so dim; there will still be good reason to pick up older releases for awhile at least.

And you think Xtreme, Orbit and Revolve won't see a rerelease?
(Mar. 11, 2017  12:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There will be a God Beyblade Design Contest in Japan. The grand prizes are ironically old Beyblades: a gold Victory Valkyrie, one of the Lost Longinus recolours, amaterios and Baldur. Secondary prizes are the blue and the black/gold Lost Longinus recolours. I believe that the deadline is April 14th 2017.
We have to draw only the layer or the full beyblade?
(Mar. 19, 2017  6:36 PM)Aoi Valt Wrote: We have to draw only the layer or the full beyblade?

Basically the full Beyblade, because you need to show what the Beyblade's "God Abilities" are, and that is the term they use to indicate the gimmicks of the God Layers and the new Drivers too.
[Image: 2qiwzsp.jpg]
...Legasp! I thought this stadium was extinct! Major props to the one person that can actually afford that though haha.
(Mar. 20, 2017  6:45 AM)The SuperKirby64 Wrote: [Image: 2qiwzsp.jpg]
...Legasp! I thought this stadium was extinct! Major props to the one person that can actually afford that though haha.

What website is that?
Technically that price is not even really expensive hah. It is not like those rare CoroCoro lottery prizes that are over 40,000 yen...
(Mar. 20, 2017  2:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Technically that price is not even really expensive hah. It is not like those rare CoroCoro lottery prizes that are over 40,000 yen...

The stadium is not worth anywhere near $179 and it pops up on YJA regularly.
(Mar. 20, 2017  7:54 PM)Ultra Wrote: The stadium is not worth anywhere near $179 and it pops up on YJA regularly.

Does it? He seemed to be saying that it was very rare...
(Mar. 20, 2017  7:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Does it? He seemed to be saying that it was very rare...

He's clearly never looked at YJA. Also I don't know what that site is but it's expensive. It's $100 shipped on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Takara-Tomy-Beybl...B0006J83BI
Hey, guys! Remeber sometime ago, when we had that little episode with this guy, stealing some BeyTubers content and reuploading to his channel? Well, he got his channel deleted and that was a relief. Thing is, looks like he's back, and doing the same thing. So, if you make Beyblade videos, take a look at his channel and, please, report him once again. It's so unfair to have people stealing our content. :/

Here's the link to his new channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCODSNNM...=0&sort=dd

And how do I know it's the same guy? It's practically the same name and it's the exact same channel description. :(

Thanks for your attention, guys.
(Mar. 21, 2017  10:14 PM)BeyGa Wrote: Hey, guys! Remeber sometime ago, when we had that little episode with this guy, stealing some BeyTubers content and reuploading to his channel? Well, he got his channel deleted and that was a relief. Thing is, looks like he's back, and doing the same thing. So, if you make Beyblade videos, take a look at his channel and, please, report him once again. It's so unfair to have people stealing our content. Uncertain

Here's the link to his new channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCODSNNM...=0&sort=dd

And how do I know it's the same guy? It's practically the same name and it's the exact same channel description. Unhappy

Thanks for your attention, guys.

To think that someone actually went through the effort of downloading others' videos to upload as their own. 

I've sent a report.