Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Mar. 11, 2017  12:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There will be a God Beyblade Design Contest in Japan. The grand prizes are ironically old Beyblades: a gold Victory Valkyrie, one of the Lost Longinus recolours, amaterios and Baldur. Secondary prizes are the blue and the black/gold Lost Longinus recolours. I believe that the deadline is April 14th 2017.

Wait, so would we be able to enter, and if so, how?
(Mar. 11, 2017  1:18 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Wait, so would we be able to enter, and if so, how?

You have to live in Japan and send a hagaki form with your drawing. In other words, you need a middleman there but there is probably a limit to how many entries can come from each household address. Traditionally, no one outside Japan has ever participated, as far as I know.
(Mar. 11, 2017  1:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You have to live in Japan and send a hagaki form with your drawing. In other words, you need a middleman there but there is probably a limit to how many entries can come from each household address. Traditionally, no obe outside Japan has ever participated, as far as I know.

Acck, oh well, I'm not sure I'd be able to get one. Unhappy
Did you notice that Kreis Satan and Drain Fafnir both have their letters S and F mirrored in the center?
(Mar. 11, 2017  3:58 PM)TL14 Wrote: Did you notice that Kreis Satan and Drain Fafnir both have their letters S and F mirrored in the center?

yeah, it's giving me insane OCD Tongue_out

I guess they're making them easily differentiable from the DL letters? idk
It would be cool if someone (either a WBO member or someone on Japanese Twitter) got their hands on a Lost Longinus/Oval pair where the Layer was heavier than the Disk. I would want to see how that would affect the Beyblade's performance, especially how likely it would be to burst.

Does anyone know if this has ever been recorded? Since Oval is only supposed to be about a gram heavier than L2 it's certainly possible for someone to have a super-heavy L2 and a super-light Oval, just really unlikely, especially since neither of them are parts that even the pro players would be buying tons of duplicates of.
Amaterios concept art/initial designs are very interesting:

[Image: C6tiT1ZV0AAzxwx.jpg]
(Mar. 12, 2017  2:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Amaterios concept art/initial designs are very interesting:

[Image: C6tiT1ZV0AAzxwx.jpg]

I was just going to post thisSmile
Well these initial sketches are amazingGrin
Thanks Kai-V.

The eight sided one sort of reminds me of the Fox clear wheel. I don't really like the previous designs TBH, although the first two in Design 1 are okay.
It's interesting how 3a is Horus, 1d is practically identical to the video game Okami and the one we got is something of a middle ground between the two.
My favorite Design is the fox design in the center. Smile
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that we don't get our 4 main beys ( Valkyrie, Spriggan, Ragnaruk, Kerbeus ) all at once for this generation? It just really makes me concerned for the plot of this series (if there is one anyway)
(Mar. 13, 2017  6:40 AM)BeyGabe Wrote: Is anyone else bothered by the fact that we don't get our 4 main beys ( Valkyrie, Spriggan, Ragnaruk, Kerbeus ) all at once for this generation? It just really makes me concerned for the plot of this series (if there is one anyway)

Kerbeus is no longer a main Beyblade, though. Kensuke had to move, and because of this he lost his protagonist role. 

I kind of like that they are shaking things up, actually. Now we actually get some sort of rival Beyblade (Kreis Satan) released alongside the protagonist Beyblades (God Valkyrie and Burning Ragnaruk).
(Mar. 13, 2017  3:51 PM)Hato Wrote: Kerbeus is no longer a main Beyblade, though. Kensuke had to move, and because of this he lost his protagonist role. 

I kind of like that they are shaking things up, actually. Now we actually get some sort of rival Beyblade (Kreis Satan) released alongside the protagonist Beyblades (God Valkyrie and Burning Ragnaruk).

Maybe if they do that BladerBreakers thing again? Like all becomes Valt's rival and leave his team and make there own team to battle against him in World Championship.
Another random thought: What if WBO made ultra high rpm launchers while hosting a tournament with large stadiums like the anime? Wouldn't the launchers sort of compensate the low stamina issues often seen with large stadiums?
(Mar. 13, 2017  4:06 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Another random thought: What if WBO made ultra high rpm launchers while hosting a tournament with large stadiums like the anime? Wouldn't the launchers sort of compensate the low stamina issues often seen with large stadiums?

Attack would be neutered though, destroying the balance.
(Mar. 13, 2017  4:30 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Attack would be neutered though, destroying the balance.

Still wondering how this is true. I can't exactly think of a driver that isn't already obsolete be rendered useless by a larger stadium.
(Mar. 13, 2017  11:01 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Still wondering how this is true. I can't exactly think of a driver that isn't already obsolete be rendered useless by a larger stadium.

You have less of a chance of making contact with the bey and if you do manage to hit it, it's gonna be difficult to knock it out. You'd need to scale up the beys and everything else for it to work.
(Mar. 12, 2017  8:56 AM)Wombat Wrote: It would be cool if someone (either a WBO member or someone on Japanese Twitter) got their hands on a Lost Longinus/Oval pair where the Layer was heavier than the Disk. I would want to see how that would affect the Beyblade's performance, especially how likely it would be to burst.

Does anyone know if this has ever been recorded? Since Oval is only supposed to be about a gram heavier than L2 it's certainly possible for someone to have a super-heavy L2 and a super-light Oval, just really unlikely, especially since neither of them are parts that even the pro players would be buying tons of duplicates of.

I don't know about the weight of his parts, but @[SUGOI-KONICHEWA] was actually using some L2O combos at WELCOME TO A&C GAMES IV this past weekend ... I don't think it ended well haha.
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:20 AM)Kei Wrote: I don't know about the weight of his parts, but @[SUGOI-KONICHEWA] was actually using some L2O combos at WELCOME TO A&C GAMES IV this past weekend ... I don't think it ended well haha.

How was he launching it? What was it exactly? There is no reason it should have performed considerably badly.
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: How was he launching it? What was it exactly? There is no reason it should have performed considerably badly.

It was good for most of the tournament but against a combo with Heavy and  Xtreme it would get knocked of balance and end up getting knocked out of the stadium. The combo I was using was L2.O.W/R
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:07 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: It was good for most of the tournament but against a combo with Heavy and  Xtreme it would get knocked of balance and end up getting knocked out of the stadium. The combo I was using was L2.O.W/R

Did you weak launch?
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Did you weak launch?

Nope. All 100% Hard launches
(Mar. 14, 2017  7:07 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: It was good for most of the tournament but against a combo with Heavy and Xtreme it would get knocked of balance and end up getting knocked out of the stadium. The combo I was using was L2.O.W/R

You also used L2OZ against my DHR, didn't you?