Beyblade Random Thoughts

Additional concept renders for what looks like Acid Anubis, but also Trident?
[Image: Beyblade_Burst_conceptrenders1.jpg]

But do pay attention to BeyGa's request above as well.
It just hit me. You know how beyblades that rotate left tend to be considered cool by most people. But what if that is due to most beyblades primarily rotating right. What if most beyblades rotated left, would that make right rotation cool? I mean spinning left essentially just cancels right spin. I'm not sure why it's referred to as spin-stealing when really it is in theory spin-cancelling.
(Feb. 26, 2017  11:12 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: It just hit me. You know how beyblades that rotate left tend to be considered cool by most people. But what if that is due to most beyblades primarily rotating right. What if most beyblades rotated left, would that make right rotation cool? I mean spinning left essentially just cancels right spin. I'm not sure why it's referred to as spin-stealing when really it is in theory spin-cancelling.
I once thought of that too, it's the idea of having that beyblade with the special spin direction, although dual rotation is what I really want.
(Feb. 26, 2017  11:18 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I once thought of that too, it's the idea of having that beyblade with the special spin direction, although dual rotation is what I really want.

Yh I think beys like vari ares and gravity Perseus deserve a lot more credit than people give them. Dual rotation is actually awesome.
speaking of dual rotation, i got my first LR beylauncher on ebay. so glad i finally got one. i know its way late but i still use mfb beys.
(Feb. 26, 2017  11:12 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: It just hit me. You know how beyblades that rotate left tend to be considered cool by most people. But what if that is due to most beyblades primarily rotating right. What if most beyblades rotated left, would that make right rotation cool? I mean spinning left essentially just cancels right spin. I'm not sure why it's referred to as spin-stealing when really it is in theory spin-cancelling.

welcome to the real world

All those "What if"s are part of Takara-Tomy's marketing strategy for Beyblade. They limit most of their tops to just one spin direction and save the opposite direction and dual spin for just a few releases to make spin direction a marketable feature.

Also, yes, dual spin is absolutely the bees knees. If you haven't already, you've gotta try HMS; every Beyblade can be launched in both directions. Might have been the shortest or next shortest lived series of Beyblade, haha.
(Feb. 27, 2017  1:58 AM)Angry Face Wrote: welcome to the real world

All those "What if"s are part of Takara-Tomy's marketing strategy for Beyblade. They limit most of their tops to just one spin direction and save the opposite direction and dual spin for just a few releases to make spin direction a marketable feature.

Also, yes, dual spin is absolutely the bees knees. If you haven't already, you've gotta try HMS; every Beyblade can be launched in both directions. Might have been the shortest or next shortest lived series of Beyblade, haha.

Actually I'm an old fashioned blader so hms and plastics pretty much define me xD. I actually only own two though right now. Slash riger ms and dranzer ms. The thing with hms was though unlike the mfb series beys, it was a risk to spin them during battle in the opposite direction to the original spin direction as they could get damaged sometimes (it's actually how my first dranzer ms ar had a piece broken off when I launched it leftwards)
(Feb. 27, 2017  2:05 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: Actually I'm an old fashioned blader so hms and plastics pretty much define me xD. I actually only own two though right now. Slash riger ms and dranzer ms. The thing with hms was though unlike the mfb series beys, it was a risk to spin them during battle in the opposite direction to the original spin direction as they could get damaged sometimes (it's actually how my first dranzer ms ar had a piece broken off when I launched it leftwards)

I feel you, man... Was it the metal piece?
(Feb. 27, 2017  3:21 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote: I feel you, man... Was it the metal piece?

Somehow the plastic bit even though it rotated in a circular motion without parts sticking out like with the dragoon ms ar, it still somehow broke off.
I really loved HMS for it's dual spin, it seemed to do it beautifully and the system is generally really durable I find so their dual spin doesn't seem to damage parts as much as I would expect. I really don't like that MFB started the trend in making spin direction exclusive. I mean they did the same for the first plastics but that was the first ones and they later implemented the ability to switch SGs. I guess having one spin does make the game slightly less possible to make too many spin steal combos, but Dragooon spin steal combos does a good enough job boring me, if not better.
(Feb. 27, 2017  9:55 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I really loved HMS for it's dual spin, it seemed to do it beautifully and the system is generally really durable I find so their dual spin doesn't seem to damage parts as much as I would expect. I really don't like that MFB started the trend in making spin direction exclusive. I mean they did the same for the first plastics but that was the first ones and they later implemented the ability to switch SGs. I guess having one spin does make the game slightly less possible to make too many spin steal combos, but Dragooon spin steal combos does a good enough job boring me, if not better.

Like I said, to me spin steal feels more like spin cancellation and as u just mentioned it gets boring to sit there for like a minute watching two tops make a simultaneous sleep out. My metro l drago always used to do that in my old vortex stadium. (I still don't have a bb-10 #sedlyf)
(Feb. 27, 2017  10:04 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: Like I said, to me spin steal feels more like spin cancellation and as u just mentioned it gets boring to sit there for like a minute watching two tops make a simultaneous sleep out. My metro l drago always used to do that in my old vortex stadium. (I still don't have a bb-10 #sedlyf)
Yes you can call it spin cancellation but reason it's called Spin-Stealer because if you launch, let's say meteo l-drago DF105WD slow or it got slow due to battling, it will get faster if a bey spinning faster till it gets same speed as it's opponent. IMO it's more of spin-sharing as if right spin (let's say Genbu Genbu SA165WD. Lol my combo) launched slower and Meteo launched faster, Genbu will spin faster too (though against synchorme. Meteo can get slower too due to pushing a much heavier bey will make it lose spin velocity faster).

But reason they used word "stealing" because to make it feel little darker or just to make it sound better.

I think Spin-Cancellation sounds more like a Defencive Type word it which can work better with something like Gravity Perseus which spins in Left too and can use opposite direction of opponent to reduce impact/recoil of it's opponent.
(Feb. 27, 2017  8:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Yes you can call it spin cancellation but reason it's called Spin-Stealer because if you launch, let's say meteo l-drago DF105WD slow or it got slow due to battling, it will get faster if a bey spinning faster till it gets same speed as it's opponent. IMO it's more of spin-sharing as if right spin (let's say Genbu Genbu SA165WD. Lol my combo) launched slower and Meteo launched faster, Genbu will spin faster too (though against synchorme. Meteo can get slower too due to pushing a much heavier bey will make it lose spin velocity faster).

But reason they used word "stealing" because to make it feel little darker or just to make it sound better.

I think Spin-Cancellation sounds more like a Defencive Type word it which can work better with something like Gravity Perseus which spins in Left too and can use opposite direction of opponent to reduce impact/recoil of it's opponent.

Here's the thing tho.
9/10 times the beys will have a simultaneous sleepout. That's why I'd rather refer to it as spin cancellation. While the bey does in theory pick up spin as both beys decline in stamina at the end of the battle. I've tested with my old Meteo (best one for this concept) and the bey always had a constant simultaneous sleepout. It's good for causing draws. But maybe customised there might be a combo that allows it to "spin steal" meaning using the stolen spin to outlast the opponent. Though I can imagine a balanced tip like WD for that kind of combo. I tried B:D to make a zombie combo but it just rips off balance each time.
(Feb. 28, 2017  7:51 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: Here's the thing tho.
9/10 times the beys will have a simultaneous sleepout. That's why I'd rather refer to it as spin cancellation. While the bey does in theory pick up spin as both beys decline in stamina at the end of the battle. I've tested with my old Meteo (best one for this concept) and the bey always had a constant simultaneous sleepout. It's good for causing draws. But maybe customised there might be a combo that allows it to "spin steal" meaning using the stolen spin to outlast the opponent. Though I can imagine a balanced tip like WD for that kind of combo. I tried BGrin to make a zombie combo but it just rips off balance each time.

Not necessarily, I would say that at least half the time, the Beyblade that stole spin is able to outspin the opponent. 

Plus really, this is just the same old matter of whether the glass is half empty or half full: the truth is that one Beyblade was spinning more weakly than another and stole some of its spin, and we choose to favour it in the term just like you take the decision to call the glass half empty sometimes. You could call it spin-giving too if you wanted to place the focus on the opponent, but that would not be smart. It makes sense to concentrate on the Beyblade gaining advantage.
(Feb. 28, 2017  7:51 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: Here's the thing tho.
9/10 times the beys will have a simultaneous sleepout. That's why I'd rather refer to it as spin cancellation. While the bey does in theory pick up spin as both beys decline in stamina at the end of the battle. I've tested with my old Meteo (best one for this concept) and the bey always had a constant simultaneous sleepout. It's good for causing draws. But maybe customised there might be a combo that allows it to "spin steal" meaning using the stolen spin to outlast the opponent. Though I can imagine a balanced tip like WD for that kind of combo. I tried BGrin to make a zombie combo but it just rips off balance each time.

TBH it's not always the case, there are actually quite a few things which make opposite spin bey OS it's opponents. 
[*] Precession of it's tip:- ability to stay upright at low rpm without falling over. For example WD, BGrin, EWD, BWD [kinda lol] and W2D. If you have more precession then you opponent (like MB vs WD), you will able to stay spinning upright at very slow speed at which your opponent will already start scraping .
[*][u[ Weight Distribution[/u]:- like bey with better weight distribution will mostly have higher precession then it's opponent and will mostly win, like Gravity vs Meteo, if you keep them on same tip and track and spin Gravity in right and Meteo in left, you will see Gravity wins most of the time despite Meteo is much better for spin stealing due to it's rubber, why you ask? Because of better weight distribution of Gravity. As far as I know, Lower and Wider weight distribution is, it will be better for against opposite spin matchups.
[*] Shape:- firstly to spin steal from opponent, you need some contact point where opposing beys can latch on and give you spin (for that gear like shape of Gaia Dragoon G/MS's AR/SAR or Kraken wheel's shape are known as best but you can optionally go with a shape which have absolutely no recoil like Duo/Death/Scythe (possibly Orochi?) or Hasbro Tripio AR so you can still "share spin" from you opponent due to friction or impact of opposing bey but won't able to steal/equalize as much spin as something like Meteo but you won't give much spin back ethier so the you will slow them down too and in end they won't able to spin "equalize' much from you and lose (here Weight Distribution and Precession comes in play).
[*] Material:- If your bey's main contact point (a.k.a. Fusion Wheel/Attack Ring/Sub-Attack Ring/Chrome Wheel/Crystal Wheel) made of some grippy materiel like Rubber, it will able to spin steal better then other beys (which use Plastic and Metal) but you will also give same amount of spin back (so if your opponent is spinning slower, it can "steal" spin from you too) which can give your opponent an advantage if they have better precession and/or better weight distribution then you, but if you are using something like Metal (shape comes in play here), you can avoid giving much spin back as it's as it has less grip with opponent's wheel so when you will hit them, you will just slip of them and give least spin back. From what I know plastic should be middle of Metal and Rubber but it depends on what type of plastic you using, like POM has less friction/grip then normal plastic and whatever material hasbro use in there burst has more grip and friction then normal plastic.
[*] LAD:- LAD is also very important for opposing spin matchups. Like if you are using almost same beys like Gravity SA165EWD vs Gravity SA165EWD, if you keep your on Attack Mode and your opponent use Stamina (a.k.a. Defence lol) Mode, you will able to get just half or 1 rotation, which can win you battle (p.s. According to WBO, you have have to make 1 full rotation to win battle so half spin won't help much lol) (Weight Distribution and Precession comes in play here too lol).

[/list]

If you see if I missed anything do let me know beyhaha Smile
does anyone know why they stopped having beyblade world championships after 2012?
(Feb. 28, 2017  10:57 PM)Shu_kurenai Wrote: does anyone know why they stopped having beyblade world championships after 2012?

No idea. Was there tourneys outside the wbo? If so I wasn't aware and I was around like 8 years ago on the wbo. Hmmm the world really is a small place (This probably don't fit at all in this contact but it sounds cool so I said it anyway).
(Feb. 28, 2017  10:57 PM)Shu_kurenai Wrote: does anyone know why they stopped having beyblade  world championships after 2012?

World Tournaments can be expensive since they have to rent a place to host the event, fly out participants and some other costs. Its understandable why they don't do more, in my eyes.

The trend seems to be 1 World Championships during a series (there was one in Plastics, and one in MFB), so I would expect another in Burst in 2018.
(Mar. 01, 2017  12:34 AM)Hato Wrote: World Tournaments can be expensive since they have to rent a place to host the event, fly out participants and some other costs. Its understandable why they don't do more, in my eyes.

The trend seems to be 1 World Championships during a series (there was one in Plastics, and one in MFB), so I would expect another in Burst in 2018.

Adding to that they will also have to hold qualifier to select who will play at world championship and have to pay for prizes and advertising it too

+ have to pay all people who work to host these events.

having a World Championship level tournament is extremely expensive

spoilt-spoiler (Click to View)
[Image: 2cxj2w8.jpg]
Excuse the horrible lighting/picture quality but...
...are worn-down Unite drivers supposed to stand up on their own? o_O
If it is flat enough, yes I guess, haha.

On a different topic, here's a nice wallpaper that I ''made'' that you guys may like :

http://i.imgur.com/gEFqQIV.png
I stumbled across this video recently while searching for picture references for the Burst Dragoon and it's pretty cool.

If Dragoon S is as good at spin-stealing as shown in this video, the meta may/may not get even more one-sidedly rekt by stamina lol. I'll have to remember to do some tests once my L2 and White Dragoon arrive.
So, there's an update for the Hasbro Burst App.  Well, what I found has really caught me off guard.  For some reason, I have Über Unicrest Down Needle in my collection.  This is probably a glitch, but hey I got a free Beyblade!

Edit: Yeah, there's also a chance that you can't get on.  Luckily the tutorial fixes it, but I no longer have Über Unicrest... They also fixed the Hyper Horusood glitch in the tournament mode, so it is now safe to play.  Also, Yugen Yegdrion is now called Yegdrion Y2 instead of just Yegdrion.  Also, name of the parts and dual layers are in the customize battle.
Recently I've been trying to track down the (older) Beyblade community in the Tokyo area. I didn't search too hard and didn't have much luck, but during my search I began looking into the beigoma community. I'm kind of disappointed with Burst, there's just certain aspects of this series that and I don't like and from what I've seen online it looks like beigoma plays close to Metal Fight or HMS. the original Metal Fight releases from 2008 are my favorite Beyblade system by far, so I'm really hoping to try out beigoma.

I quickly realized that, for whatever reason, it was far easier for me to find beigoma groups than Beyblade groups. I think it's due to the fact that beigoma is a traditional toy, I really can't say for sure. But I managed to find a beigoma group in Akabane (Where I lived until November). I found them a few weeks ago, but their next meeting isn't until March 5th (tomorrow) and I've just been waiting for that. I sent the leader of the group a message saying that I was looking to make friends and practice Japanese, and that I'd like to give beigoma a try but they never replied. Finally got a reply tonight, they told me to come by at 3 pm tomorrow and they'll teach me how to throw (beigoma are launched by wrapping a string around the top and throwing it). I'm really excited for this, I'll take photos and write up a post afterwards about my experience. Smile