Beyblade Random Thoughts

A rubber Jaggy could be like R2F or LRF that works in either direction. Regular Jaggy... It kinda sucks.

Related: What do people think of LF?
LF kinda sucks. Now L2F, that woulda been awesome.
(Sep. 27, 2016  7:13 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: LF kinda sucks. Now L2F, that woulda been awesome.
L2F?
I mean, we already got LRF.
(Sep. 27, 2016  7:13 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: LF kinda sucks. Now L2F, that woulda been awesome.

Hmmmm I wonder what those two L's would mean... I know one of them is Left.
(Sep. 27, 2016  6:37 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: A rubber Jaggy could be like R2F or LRF that works in either direction. Regular Jaggy... It kinda sucks.

Related: What do people think of LF?

Left Flat was an awesome concept imo, just wish it worked better. A Right spin version of it would have been cool, but what would the name be? RGF? Tongue_out
Or RIF, for Right Flat. Hey if SW145 can be Switch 145, RIF can be Right Flat.
SW145 was Switch Wing 145, wasn't it? You might get away with RiF but not a capital I in there.

My second L was intended to be for Low because the only reason for LF to be as tall as it was was that it was molded after a rubber tip. The plastic one didn't need the same structuring so could easily have been half the height for some interesting low attack combos or even just the ability to get under opposing 230 combos with your own.
Someone compiled most of the Hasbro Beyblade commercials since Plastics, and the difference through history is really glaring. I never thought they focused so much on customization in the very beginning.

(Sep. 28, 2016  4:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Someone compiled most of the Hasbro Beyblade commercials since Plastics, and the difference through history is really glaring. I never thought they focused so much on customization in the very beginning.

Well the anime itself had a bigger focus in customization (or at least upgrading), so it makes sense in that context.
Probably more so a coincidence though.
^ I watched all of the commercials. Funny how it kinda downgraded in Burst (it's just bleh now). The early commercials were definitely more exciting and energizing.
I just tried out Burst Beys in the Tornado Stadium with the BeyStadium Standard Type fence on top. It's so much fun. Grin I also tried out Plastic Gen in the Tornado Stadium but that didn't work that well.
I really don't think (or hope) that that Burst promo reel is an actual "commercial."
Getting some really cool results with Valktryek Heavy Variable. Will try to get a test up sometime soon.
(Sep. 28, 2016  5:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Getting some really cool results with Valktryek Heavy Variable. Will try to get a test up sometime soon.

Awesome to hear that.

Btw you tried using Limited with it? I heard its pretty good on Valtryek
I've heard that too but never seen evidence for it (and I think the difference would be difficult to perceive with any certainty).
With Hasbro's Burst parts now being legal, we probably need to agree on some kind of standard for dealing with Hasbro's Disks and Drivers, because the official names are nearly unreadable, extremely similar strings of numbers and letters. I'm fine with calling the Energy Layers by their new names (they're close enough to the Takara names to be recognizable, while still being different enough to be noticeable). Reading D06 or whatever does not offer that same recognizability. Hasbro's TA01 is different from Takara's Accel, yes (and I'm sure we'll find that plenty of other parts will be subtly different), but calling it "Accel (Hasbro)" conveys the needed information in a much more readable method. Alternatively, labeling them as "TA01 (Accel)" would also work and would be more accommodating to any new Hasbro players coming into the community (though I suspect they will like the Takara names far more than the Hasbro ones lol). We could also use only Takara's names for the Drivers, since a Hasbro Energy Layer implies a Hasbro Performance Tip, meaning that something like "Kerbeus (Hasbro) D07 (Heavy) Zephyr" would be the longest possible name.

Of course, the abbreviated form will still be a bit messy, especially considering that the first and last parts don't necessarily have to be the same manufacturer as the middle Disk... The solution that comes to mind is just adding a (T) or (H) after each part, but even that's a clumsy fix.
I know @[~Mana~] is closely considering that issue for the wiki, too.
The plan for it is basically finished. I'll have more to share very soon Tongue_out
Isn't it just so weird how Unicorn has pearl white teeth but they're bad? That seems so ironic.
Posting this way too good of a meme on behalf of @[✱]:

That comparison pic alone is brutal. Man, Hasbro Burst really looks like trash.
^ Worthy enough to be featured on iFunny. XD
(Oct. 02, 2016  3:06 AM)Mitsu Wrote: [Image: w_Ud_WL9d.jpg]

Name a more iconic duo.. I'll wait.

(Oct. 02, 2016  3:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That comparison pic alone is brutal. Man, Hasbro Burst really looks like trash.

They may indeed look like trash, but they don't (all) perform like trash! I did pretty well with the Hasbro Valtryek at the Toronto tournament today. Eee
Not surprised! I like mine, too!