Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 18, 2016  9:17 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: http://www.darksucks.com/store_lambda.html#

Let's get some ruby tipped beyblades.

Hey! My girlfriend bought me one of these with a ruby tip! It's really awesome!

They're really expensive though. But they're honestly the most impressively made tops I've ever played with. They spin so well. And there's times I'd spin it, forget that I spun it, and then minutes later I'd hear the sound of it falling over like... Whoa. That was a long time...
I feel as though, for beyblade application, I'd much rather a Ruby Flat than a Ruby ball tip.
After reading some of the recent messages in the Xeno Xcalibur thread, it has come clear to me that there is one clear issue with Burst, and that is the parts being released.

The meta is currently filled with Stamina, Defense, and Stamina-Defense hybrids. While this is may seem to change later on, we already have some of the best Layers. What we have right now is a small, more compact, and round Layers. Neptune is an example of this which has both the stamina and the defense; something important in this metagame. This may seem fine, but that brings me to something NEET brought up: the wider the (diameter of the) Layers, the easier it is to Burst. Dual Layers are currently being released, and are usually wider than their counterparts, meaning that (theoretically) they will mostly likely be easier to Burst.

This could mean that DeathScyther, Neptune and Wyvern would be top tier for much longer, as we have already seen what they did to Wild Wyvern, and K2 still being outclassed by Neptune and Wyvern (even though the size is pretty much on point with the original). Neptune itself is on par with Wyvern for Defense, and has better Stamina, which really makes it the better option considering it's versatility. And considering what was said above, I would find it hard to make a better Defense (and Stamina) layer than Neptune.

But one of the bigger, continual problems is the lack of a good attack Layer. So far, the best attack Layer in the game, Valkryie, is disposable after 20 rounds. The only good substitutes to Valkryie would be Xcalibur and maybe Minoboros so far, with V2 and D2 both being bad. It seems that the Layers will either have bad attack points (which is the case for both V2 and D2), or be too wide and be easier to self-Burst (which has not happened yet, luckily). Along with that, if we do manage to get an Attack with good contact points, there is also the diameter of the Layer which would allow for it to Burst easier.

Let's keep hoping new Layers will be better, since it seems that the only good parts we are getting are just Disks and Drivers.
I personally think if people could master the use of Xcalibur it could be better than Valkyrie, but that's only personal thinking, not necessarily true :D
Just to add, wide Layers are also easy to knock off balance, scrape more easily, etc.
adding onto what Hato said

something needs to be done to make the larger layers viable, the larger layers need not just good teeth but great teeth. they are already easier to burst due to their size, but at least adding something like great teeth can reduce how easy it is to burst.

a disk should be made that can allow for a plastic part to be put on like CWD's, this disk should be around the Weight of ring, but because the plastic part can be put on it , the gap between the disk and layer is reduced and is more fixed and less wobbly, making it harder to burst, with the trade-off being the the low weight of the disk.

from the tests that i've seen, the dual layers are just bad, their previous generation versions are much better.

i hope for future releases the blades are more compact, around the same size as the first gen burst beyblades not including large layers like trident.
Yeah I agree. I think the second biggest thing is the size to weight ratio. They are putting out larger layers that aren't really any heavier. Once they go some weight to them, they could have some decent stamina. That still doesn't solve the burstability problem, but it's something. In fact it would probably make their burstability worse. Outward weight distribution is great for stamina, but it's exactly what you don't want for burstability. It will be interesting to see what develops and becomes good in the future, in that light
And yeah, that's what I was thinking too, NEET, their solution to burstability should be something to do with a sub AR or 2 part disk. Hopefully next system. But hopefully once they get done simply making all the existing layers bigger and worse, they can move on to unique design concepts that actually use their size to their advantage. It wont be easy, if it is even possible, but I hope that they can do something with the layers in this system and not make them completely useless. Maybe if whatever they do next system is disk based, then we can come back to these layers at actually find uses for them at that point
What if one community had a dual layers only tournament? We could see how the game looks without Valk, Death, Wyvern, Neptune, Odin, etc. We could see if it's more balanced/fun or if it seems too different. I'm not suggesting that we have two formats, just a test.
I think the time for that will be when Hasbro releases them. I have already thought about it and the fact that if Hasbro releases Dual Layers only, I will be forced to use them if I get local tournaments going, because it wont be fair using the better single japanese layers.
at first i thought about one of the future burst layers having the flywheel effect, where majority of the Weight is on the outside, then i realised this would be a terrible idea for the burst system.

not being able to focus most for the Weight on the outside is disadvantageous for attack types, as it reduces the amount of "attack power" or "impact" the layer could have.

this generation most likely will be dominated by defense and stamina, because of how advantageous centralised weight is, the fact that the beyblades are compact with centralised weight just makes them even harder to burst

i don't want to have to use my valkyries, so i hope TT releases a better attack layer soon, with more compact nature, or even if it is larger with more centralised Weight.
Actually, Layers with most of the weight focused in the outside would be good. The flywheel effect will actually increase Burst resistance, by making the Layer harder to slow down (force on the Layer which isn't hitting the Disk causes Bursting, so you want to minimize the effects of that force with mass and high inertia). The only problem is that, as Hato said, wider Layers are easier to Burst because of more torque on the teeth.
Miniboros hasn't actually been tested all that much, has it? How is Storm Spriggan at attack?
(May. 20, 2016  4:24 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Miniboros hasn't actually been tested all that much, has it? How is Storm Spriggan at attack?

It hasn't been tested with Xtreme because nobody's found it to show any promise, but there's a 3 page discussion about Minoboros here if you're interested: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Minoboros-Discussion

As for Storm Spriggan, its teeth are so shallow that it sadly bursts way too easily to be viable for attack. A real shame.
Storm Spriggan's teeth are even worse that Chaos', so it is pretty much useless to test it.

EDIT: Sniped by Battle Brad.
I've wondered if the recoil from Storm Spriggan's design was just way too high and the only thing they could do to resolve the issue was to make it essentially worthless. It's surprising that they'd make Shu's Beyblade so underwhelming.
(May. 20, 2016  4:05 PM)Cake Wrote: Actually, Layers with most of the weight focused in the outside would be good. The flywheel effect will actually increase Burst resistance, by making the Layer harder to slow down (force on the Layer which isn't hitting the Disk causes Bursting, so you want to minimize the effects of that force with mass and high inertia). The only problem is that, as Hato said, wider Layers are easier to Burst because of more torque on the teeth.
i guess i'm thinking of it more like a seesaw or wrench, where if majority of the weight is focused on the outside, with less on the inside it would be easier to turn, which increases the chances of the beyblade bursting, whilst if most of the weight is focused on the centre with less on the outside, it would be harder to turn, resulting in less chance of burst.

anyone who know's more on physics on the subjects of forces, moments, and the flywheel effect, and possibly centripetal force, please elaborate on how weight distribution on a burst beyblade, affects the chances of it bursting.

on a whole other note i wonder if interchangeable teeth will ever become a thing.

(May. 20, 2016  4:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I've wondered if the recoil from Storm Spriggan's design was just way too high and the only thing they could do to resolve the issue was to make it essentially worthless. It's surprising that they'd make Shu's Beyblade so underwhelming.
at least it comes with unite, which is good...right?
(May. 20, 2016  4:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I've wondered if the recoil from Storm Spriggan's design was just way too high and the only thing they could do to resolve the issue was to make it essentially worthless. It's surprising that they'd make Shu's Beyblade so underwhelming.

I bet it was there just to be a test dummy for their commercials, allowing Victory Valkyrie to burst it easily.
i decided to test SD vs WD for pure stamina based combos
stamina Vs stamina
it was 50/50 for both, they are both great, but for this stamina vs stamina, the thing that matters is usually which is launched first and launch power

i regret everything it was an insanely boring 20 rounds, i fell asleep on one of the rounds.
with this i decided to take a week off blading, no more blading for an week.
i never want to do something like this again
Stamina testing is incredibly boring, haha

I usually listen to music while doing long tests like that to pass the time.
We caught another fraud who stole @[soumadri]'s beyblade pics and is selling those beys as his own

Read the pinned post here
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialWBOTournamentsIndia/
Cool, this is the kid who won the model contest between Kids-Tokei and TAKARA-TOMY for Beyblade commercials: http://www.kids-tokei.com/jp/blog/grandp.../post-6801

You do not see him that much in the current commercial out, but based on the other behind-the-scenes shots we see, he might appear in other ads.
Wow, that is such a refreshing series of photos. With adult models they look like a model in every shot but here you can tell when he's posing (which he definitely does well) and when they've just got an inbetween shot of him being him. It's cool to see a model looking like a normal human being, even if they are just a kid.
Hi people!
I am making a new channel for beyblades and need ideas for names.
The channel will consist of my collection, images of beyblades, beyblade concepts, sticker sheets and customisations! Plus more! All this is based off the original beyblade series.

To get you an idea of what I'd like,
Kai is my favourite character, dranzer, blitzkrieg boys, Russia, I live in London, I'm a perfectionist, a designer, detailed work, love beyblades!

I like one worded names but don't min two worded names if it has a ring to it.
I don't want it to contain the word channel!

Names I have so far
BlazingPhoenix
ChaosAngel
SoulBlazer
Like the idea of having 'Project' eg projectbeyblade

I'm open to suggestions, as you can see the names I've come up doesn't really reflect what I'm achieving so you can see yourself I'm open to suggestions
Now all purchases of this beyblade product come with a FREE copy of the Spongebob Squarepants DS video game!

http://www.amazon.com/Takaratomy-Beyblad...s=beyblade
(May. 28, 2016  2:45 AM)Kevo Wrote: Now all purchases of this beyblade product come with a FREE copy of the Spongebob Squarepants DS video game!

http://www.amazon.com/Takaratomy-Beyblad...s=beyblade

lol are they are real?

if yes. let me guess

hmm sonokong?