Beyblade Random Thoughts

What's wrong with Victory Valkyrie exactly? It got better results in the thread when compared to the same combos but with Valkyrie and Xcaliber and the results in general seemed great... If you mean in terms of a layer that actually KO well then yeah but otherwise I don't really get it.
That thread only tested against Odin. Against Deathscyther it seems to have trouble. I haven't had time for tests yet since I just got them last night, and it's totally possible that my initial impressions are wrong, which is why I prefaced it by saying it was based on a very small amount of experience. But would I feel comfortable using V2 in tomorrow's tournament? Nope.

Biggest issue with V2 IMO is that it decelerates so fast. It's so wide and un-aerodynamic that it runs out of hitting power within like ... 2 seconds.
I can't say if it's V2 or Variable but in videos the stock beyblade really does seem like it flowers for one hit before stalling the vast majority of the time. Either the studs on the tip cancel out whatever causes the bey to regain its motion (and I have seen similar with LF on right spin MFBs on rare occassions) or the AR provides a huge amount of tortional recoil. That is, recoil that acts against the bey's rotation, rather than in a linear manner.

Either V2 is exclusively for one hit wonder use or Variable is more defense/still burst than attack. I currently cannot speak for which.
I haven't even used Variable yet tbh hahaha
(Apr. 16, 2016  10:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Biggest issue with V2 IMO is that it decelerates so fast. It's so wide and un-aerodynamic that it runs out of hitting power within like ... 2 seconds.

That's exactly what I thought when I first tested it out. Need to spend more time with it too, though ...

Also, as you probably could tell from the winning combinations list today: I like Limited on Valkyrie ... so K2LP isn't a write-off for me haha.
I tested OHD against V2HX with ThermalG at Pyrus' house and honestly... Odin kept bursting me, sometimes I would get lucky and KO or Burst... I also tested DHD vs V2HX and just like Odin, Valkyrie self bursted but a lot more, Mitsu says it's all in the launch (he was launching DHD fairly lightly against V2HX, and honestly it worked really well, to the point where i lost all my clicks, and he only lost one or even none).
Quote:Mitsu says it's all in the launch (he was launching DHD fairly lightly against V2HX, and honestly it worked really well, to the point where i lost all my clicks, and he only lost one or even none)

The art of weak launching at its finest Grin https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-art...eak-launch
i really do wonder what was the softest and fastest rubber beyblade tip created, over all the generation.

DHD, it's a conspiracy.
Funny if newbies realize it's good and start believing in every recommended combo.
Considering the limited number of combinations possible, I think it's just coincidence ...

Suddenly regretting giving away a turquoise Deathscyther from RBV2 as a tournament prize — it's easily my favourite Burst Beyblade aesthetically and I realized mine is starting to get pretty worn. I don't even remember who got it LOL

I had forgotten the level that Deathscyther can wear down. I'll have to pick up some more.
Yes, the two I had brought are definitely too worn now. Good thing I bought five or six Deathscyther's, but I do not even know if I can trust it anymore...
(Apr. 17, 2016  10:05 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: i really do wonder what was the softest and fastest rubber beyblade tip created, over all the generation.

DHD, it's a conspiracy.
I think that award would go to Grip Attacker and Dragoon S. That blue rubber is definitely the softest and fastest I have seen. It's really too bad that inverted Storm Grip doesn't stay in well. Such a shame for all that good rubber to go to waste Crying
I find that it stays in pretty well on the black metallic Storm Grip, about as well as Defense Grip. It's far and away my favorite attack base for messing around with illegal stuff
For some reason I have difficulty reading the name, but aren't they just pencil cases?
Yeah, they're just pouches. It's interesting they include beycodes though Smile
I am not surprised, the anime is also supposed to have BeyCodes somewhere eventually. That was all part of TAKARA-TOMY's BeyCloud marketing strategy.
Ah, these pouches are an extension of the Kirin campaign, since they are meant to be able to house a PET bottle of 320 to 555 mL hah. https://twitter.com/o0wnw0o/status/722010712269164545

Sadly it does not look like it even gives a chance to enter the campaign for the Victory Valkyrie Rich Green Ver. or the Complete Case.
Are these drinks even sold in America? I sure as heck have never heard of them. Anyway those are cool pouches, almost comes off as a consolation prize for those who don't get the carry case they REALLY want.
(Apr. 19, 2016  3:18 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Are these drinks even sold in America? I sure as heck have never heard of them. Anyway those are cool pouches, almost comes off as a consolation prize for those who don't get the carry case they REALLY want.

Nope, they're not (aside from some specialty Japanese retailers probably).

You can get the pouches on Yahoo Japan Auctions.
(Apr. 18, 2016  7:48 AM)Zoroaste Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2016  10:05 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: i really do wonder what was the softest and fastest rubber beyblade tip created, over all the generation.
I think that award would go to Grip Attacker and Dragoon S. That blue rubber is definitely the softest and fastest I have seen.

While they are both the best rubber, Grip Attacker's base far outperforms Dragoon S's for attack due to surface area.

(Apr. 18, 2016  7:48 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: It's really too bad that inverted Storm Grip doesn't stay in well. Such a shame for all that good rubber to go to waste Crying
I find that it stays in pretty well on the black metallic Storm Grip, about as well as Defense Grip. It's far and away my favorite attack base for messing around with illegal stuff

For an illegal combo, why not use Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel's tip? Great for stamina and the base has better LAD than those the tip comes with.
Well the weird TV commercials for Beyblade are back...

(Apr. 18, 2016  2:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2016  2:07 AM)Beylon Wrote: That [promotional Kirin Victory Valkyrie] case sums up everything I have always said Beyblade could be. It's sleek, stylish, minimalist, yet unashamedly a case specifically for Beyblades. It is not plastered with crazy graphics, garish colors or anime characters but it still conforms to the true vibe of the Burst series. Its visual design gives an air of importance and legitimacy to the contents of the case. The interior looks practical and its carrying capacity seems about right for a day-trip.

And everybody obvious loves it.

Case closed.

To be honest, TAKARA-TOMY and Japan in general has been doing that for ages. It is just Hasbro who does the kiddish stuff. There might have been a similar case during Metal Fight Beyblade, I cannot remember.

Argh! I was looking for the original videos just a few days ago (in response to our discussion in the VV thread) but could not find them. In the end, I just put the whole episode down to a one-off freak marketing mistake anyway... And now you post this.

(Apr. 21, 2016  11:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well the weird TV commercials for Beyblade are back...

Oh my god.
Anyone noticed, there aren't any battle videos on Shining God MS on YouTube?
(Apr. 22, 2016  10:31 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Anyone noticed, there aren't any battle videos on Shining God MS on YouTube?

I think there was one against Bloody Devil MS but I forgot if its still around or not.