Beyblade Random Thoughts

[Image: 2mwdnwz.jpg]

Incase your Infinity Nado is too weak, do the Zero G thing and give it this hideous Synchrome, I'm serious, this is like Zero G Synchromes except it looks like an uglier Death wheel shape, it's bad enough that a single wheel is already heavy, and that these have metal track/base, but clearly another metal wheel thing needed to be added to make this "thing".

And apparently the top wheel can be flipped upside down and still be launched. I still can't believe I didn't know they had synchrome like gimmicks.
(May. 09, 2015  3:29 AM)Kei Wrote: I think there's something to be said for the fact that the WBO has always been focused on the hobby first and foremost. Obviously it isn't the case with all girls, but a good majority of them seem to be more interested in the show than the hobby.

Kai-V has always wanted to make the Anime/Manga wiki–Beyblade Spirit–more of a focus as a division of the WBO, but it's never really got off the ground in a big way.

As for the Toronto community specifically, @[Crimson] and @[Minion] still attend tournaments, but much less frequently recently. Unhappy Crimson was became pretty active in the Toronto tournament scene a few years ago, actually.

Sorry to dredge up this old post, just logged in for the first time in a while. I didn't really lose interest in the community, but I have a really busy social life on weekends when most IRL events are hosted and I don't have a full day to commit to it. I also think MFB is a joke. It never held a candle to plastics or HMS. It's flashy and gimmicky but the battles are so one-sided.

The TV show, while it has fantastic character designs, just wasn't very interesting, and didn't have the soundtrack that the first gen show did. It just felt like they dropped the ball with the new series and I could never get as stoked about it.

I wouldn't say that my anime/toy tastes have changed much since I was 12. xP I juts have /more/ interests now.

EDIT: And with that, I am going to spend the day preparing for Anime North and listening to the beyblade sound track Grin
(May. 20, 2015  8:57 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: [Image: 2mwdnwz.jpg]

Incase your Infinity Nado is too weak, do the Zero G thing and give it this hideous Synchrome, I'm serious, this is like Zero G Synchromes except it looks like an uglier Death wheel shape, it's bad enough that a single wheel is already heavy, and that these have metal track/base, but clearly another metal wheel thing needed to be added to make this "thing".

And apparently the top wheel can be flipped upside down and still be launched. I still can't believe I didn't know they had synchrome like gimmicks.

This is the bootstrap from Mainland China?
(May. 21, 2015  9:29 PM)Meta madness Wrote: My favorite beyblade is spongebob!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rz3nB3MjU

And mine is Ben 10!

[Image: Ben_10.jpg]

I still come across these at one of my local convenience stores. When I was younger and new to Beyblade, I thought this was like the coolest thing, lol.

Minion Wrote:I also think MFB is a joke. It never held a candle to plastics or HMS. It's flashy and gimmicky but the battles are so one-sided.

Now that's just a matter of opinion, personally.

I also know that I don't play competitively in either Plastics or HMS, though in our present meta game, we're offered a pretty solid gameplay (Attack beats Stamina, Stamina beats Defense and Defense beats Attack, for the most part, at least). And obviously, if it's a match of something like Attack and Defense, the matches would most likely be one-sided and wins being in favor of Defense. Attack in this case would not be what do use against it, whereas in Plastics or HMS, they could have had more of a chance.
(May. 21, 2015  9:55 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
(May. 21, 2015  9:29 PM)Meta madness Wrote: My favorite beyblade is spongebob!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rz3nB3MjU

And mine is Ben 10!

[Image: Ben_10.jpg]

I still come across these at one of my local convenience stores. When I was younger and new to Beyblade, I thought this was like the coolest thing, lol.

Can you say, "Laughing material?"
(May. 21, 2015  2:56 PM)TenshouTsubasa Wrote:
(May. 20, 2015  8:57 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: [Image: 2mwdnwz.jpg]

This is the bootstrap from Mainland China?

To be quite honest, Infinity Nado did a synchrome concept a little better, oh yeah I said it, they didn't need to resort of making the wheels asymmetrical and the way they can flip wheels is good.
I understand that beyblades are ``improving``over time, but they should stop trying to improve them and just re release plastic gen, hms, and metal fight. the idea of beyblade ``trending`` just to stay relevant, in general, is sickening. soon it`ll just die. they`ll be no different than any other top toys because the originality will be gone. just my opinion.
I agree, it will only get harder for them.

Also, kids like a fair fun and varied game of beyblade of the three mentioned system, sadly, 4D and Zero G are the series guilty for this. I for some reason LOVE watching Beyblade Real Life when they use those systems as I see combos have fairer matches and it's less predictable.
(May. 25, 2015  9:55 PM)Phantom Indo Wrote: I understand that beyblades are ``improving``over time, but they should stop trying to improve them and just re release plastic gen, hms, and metal fight. the idea of beyblade ``trending`` just to stay relevant, in general, is sickening. soon it`ll just die. they`ll be no different than any other top toys because the originality will be gone. just my opinion.

As much as I love plastics and HMS this is a completely unrealistic proposal. Trending? How is updating trending? It's perfectly normal to replace something old that is no longer popular (by the time plastics and HMS ended the TV series that drove the series weren't doing well anymore) and rebooting. Also rereleasing would be short lived and there would be no new show to drive it. The franchise has continued because they brought out new systems. So no in fact that is the reason it has not died and not come back despite what you think. It has lasted 10 + years because it has rebooted and updated. Yes the two generations are markedly different but that doesn't mean they cannot both be original.
I think it's better to have a series that's basic than simply rereleasing it but have a new layout, it's pointless but it's kinda like a reintroduction. That's what I was getting at, unfortunately it will only get gimmickier as it goes on to ridiculous lengths.
(May. 25, 2015  11:45 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think it's better to have a series that's basic than simply rereleasing it but have a new layout, it's pointless but it's kinda like a reintroduction. That's what I was getting at, unfortunately it will only get gimmickier as it goes on to ridiculous lengths.

You say that as if the original series didn't have loads of gimmicks. And that's apart from the Magnecore and Engine Gear series in general. Also despite people's unhappiness at the start of the gimmicky series of Zero G it's a great format. Gimmicks make it more interesting for the children who it's aimed at. You may not like it but Takara Tomy isn't interested. Gimmicks have been around since the beginning of beyblade and they aren't go anywhere.
(May. 26, 2015  12:14 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 25, 2015  11:45 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think it's better to have a series that's basic than simply rereleasing it but have a new layout, it's pointless but it's kinda like a reintroduction. That's what I was getting at, unfortunately it will only get gimmickier as it goes on to ridiculous lengths.

You say that as if the original series didn't have loads of gimmicks. And that's apart from the Magnecore and Engine Gear series in general. Also despite people's unhappiness at the start of the gimmicky series of Zero G it's a great format. Gimmicks make it more interesting for the children who it's aimed at. You may not like it but Takara Tomy isn't interested. Gimmicks have been around since the beginning of beyblade and they aren't go anywhere.

Not like that! I mean system layout in general, with things like 4D, Magnacore and Engine Gear, I'm interested to know what could come many years later, the only things I know are some sort of Gyro or Digital Beyblades of some sort. I know Zero G is a good system, I like it but it's not my favourite.
I love gimmicks if they are as new parts in a good system, but when the system as a whole is too gimmicky then to me, it makes gimmicks seem less special, at least to me, and having gimmicks as the default system layout can sometimes be mixed, like the EG system.

Also, yeah, I know Takara Tomy isn't interested but I'm allowed to not like something, and it's not as if I disliked them in the first place, but I just wanted to give an idea on what I like.
http://www.wikihow.com/Know-the-Name-of-Your-Beyblade

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I appreciate that someone took the time to make this little guide to teach the naming system of MFB, but on the other, the incorrectly labeled parts in the guide's pictures irk me... Makes me wonder if the author labeled them that way out of simple ignorance.

EDIT: http://www.wikihow.com/Control-Your-Beyblade
wow
dj excuse me for my lack of faith but just wow
And the author must believe this too...
(May. 28, 2015  1:43 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: http://www.wikihow.com/Know-the-Name-of-Your-Beyblade

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I appreciate that someone took the time to make this little guide to teach the naming system of MFB, but on the other, the incorrectly labeled parts in the guide's pictures irk me... Makes me wonder if the author labeled them that way out of simple ignorance.

EDIT: http://www.wikihow.com/Control-Your-Beyblade
wow
dj excuse me for my lack of faith but just wow
And the author must believe this too...

Pfffhahahahahah! That second link made me haha so much, they've clearly been drinking too much of that Beyblade anime kool aid, why would anyone need to clear their minds to launch, it's not like focusing watching my Beyblade would help but we could only hope.
Just a random beyblade modification i did! It's very fun to play with it Grin

Pretty sweet mod; I would love to try that. Do you know what it was that you used for the rubber bottom?
(May. 31, 2015  12:02 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Just a random beyblade modification i did! It's very fun to play with it Grin

And I thought Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode) was fast ... that's incredible. Bring it to the next tournament!
The speed reminds me of the Sabertooth battle striker with it's gigantic tip.
(May. 31, 2015  1:21 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Pretty sweet mod; I would love to try that. Do you know what it was that you used for the rubber bottom?
I honestly have no idea what that was, it was just on the kitchen counter and i decided to take it *crossed fingers it wasn't important* lol

And i certainly will Scott, we're gonna have some fun with that GRF lol

Edit:
I found out what the rubber piece is, so it turns out its like a resistor from wood collision between drawers in like the kitchen, i found a picture of them (I have the "advance" one)
This is a bottom Ginga wishes he had.
I've seen Coat Sharp tips nearly that fast.
(May. 31, 2015  2:07 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: I've seen Coat Sharp tips nearly that fast.

CS obviously has some aggression, though if it's close to the speed of that, they've clearly been abused in battle, lol.
(May. 31, 2015  2:18 AM)Mitsu Wrote: CS obviously has some aggression, though if it's close to the speed of that, they've clearly been abused in battle, lol.

Nah, some hasbro ones just have way too much rubber.