Beyblade Random Thoughts

Hide them. If she can't find them, she can't throw then away behind your back. If she asks, tell her you gave then away or something.
It also helps if you can participate in some of our tournaments. Our userbase is usually above at least twelve years old, so that will show your parents that Beyblade is definitely not just what it is marketed as.
(Aug. 30, 2014  1:04 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2014  12:42 PM)~Pharmist~ Wrote: Well, thats it...my blading days are over. My mother gave away all my Beyblades and now I'm kinda depressed because I really miss them. She thinks I'm too old for Beyblades even thouh I'm 14. She thinks they are for babies and gave them to my annoying cousin, Johnny who is 6.

That's funny because I ran into a similar problem, but my mum is probably going to sell them in a garage sale or something, but I won't repeat the same mistake, I will fight for my right to beyblade!

She thinks it's a stupid kids game, though it COULD be a dangerous weapon if I wanted it to be Smile

Still I'm not happy my mum and yours does this, my dad doesn't mind but my mum really does and I could tell her it's my stuff and I will be upset but if I told her how bad I felt, she would say "Get over it, it's a stupid toy", and she is really pushing it for all my College preparation, and here I thought it was going to get better....ugh...

EDIT: Back when I was 10 she sold most of my plastics... I was still a kid, I barely had them for 2 years and she got rid of my Dragoon MSUV and Driger MS! Ah well it could be worse, like a Shining God MS, so thank goodness I never found one.

Hold on...
Are you sure that was an MSUV..?
I've never heard or seen of an international MSUV release.

(Aug. 30, 2014  12:42 PM)~Pharmist~ Wrote: Well, thats it...my blading days are over. My mother gave away all my Beyblades and now I'm kinda depressed because I really miss them. She thinks I'm too old for Beyblades even thouh I'm 14. She thinks they are for babies and gave them to my annoying cousin, Johnny who is 6.

Your mom is pretty dense TBH. My dad pretty much dislikes them; but he did try looking for them when he went to Japan.
My mom is accepting. If I tell her it's useful and rare, she'll usually let me buy it. Haha.

Be semi-interested in what your child is interested in. Otherwise, you'll end up being a bad parent.
(Aug. 30, 2014  4:30 PM)Neo Wrote: Be semi-interested in what your child is interested in. Otherwise, you'll end up being a bad parent.
This is like the perfect parenting advice. I wish my parents were cool and played games and stuff with me when I was a kid.
(Aug. 30, 2014  4:30 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2014  1:04 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: [quote='~Pharmist~' pid='1235290' dateline='1409398947']
Well, thats it...my blading days are over. My mother gave away all my Beyblades and now I'm kinda depressed because I really miss them. She thinks I'm too old for Beyblades even thouh I'm 14. She thinks they are for babies and gave them to my annoying cousin, Johnny who is 6.

That's funny because I ran into a similar problem, but my mum is probably going to sell them in a garage sale or something, but I won't repeat the same mistake, I will fight for my right to beyblade!

She thinks it's a stupid kids game, though it COULD be a dangerous weapon if I wanted it to be Smile

Still I'm not happy my mum and yours does this, my dad doesn't mind but my mum really does and I could tell her it's my stuff and I will be upset but if I told her how bad I felt, she would say "Get over it, it's a stupid toy", and she is really pushing it for all my College preparation, and here I thought it was going to get better....ugh...

EDIT: Back when I was 10 she sold most of my plastics... I was still a kid, I barely had them for 2 years and she got rid of my Dragoon MSUV and Driger MS! Ah well it could be worse, like a Shining God MS, so thank goodness I never found one.

Quote:Hold on...
Are you sure that was an MSUV..?
I've never heard or seen of an international MSUV release.
I'm not sure if it was MS or MSUV, my mind is kinda blurry but I got it from an old friend who could order stuff, sadly he is gone now.
So according to this video the diablo metal wheel that comes with the beyblade legends diablo nemesis is really loose and causes a loss in power. If anyone owns a beyblade legends diablo nemesis can they verify this?
(Aug. 30, 2014  7:02 PM)MBF1 Wrote:
So according to this video the diablo metal wheel that comes with the beyblade legends diablo nemesis is really loose and causes a loss in power. If anyone owns a beyblade legends diablo nemesis can they verify this?

If you are talking about the ultimate balance mode, it is in fact its gimmick which is perfectly normal.
If it is in normal mode, then probably you would want to send it back.
(Aug. 30, 2014  7:36 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:

If you are talking about the ultimate balance mode, it is in fact its gimmick which is perfectly normal.
Im referring to the normal mode. In the video its unusually loose.
(Aug. 30, 2014  8:03 PM)MBF1 Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2014  7:36 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:

Im referring to the normal mode. In the video its unusually loose.
I suppose you mean the flywheel is on top of the core frame? If it is the case, then this may be a production failure as I own a Diablo nemesis as soon as its release from Japan, and it works oerfectly without flaws or loosening until now.
I was just thinking how different and potentially more exciting Beyblade could be we had other arena's to play in. Like the wide square stadium. Just trying to imagine how different the Metagame would be, especially for attack types. Obviously flat tips wouldn't work due to that shape, ridge and numerous other reasons. Regardless, its fun to speculate just how Beyblade would work in different arenas and a format with a randomized arena or something.
It would definitely open the doors for more combination discussions with different metagames. The Wide Square doesn't completely eliminate all attack types, since rubber based tips perform quite well in it. Would require more strategy and planning if multiple stadiums were used in a tournament, which is also a plus.
Perhaps we should have a multi-stadium format. Haha, that would be pretty awesome. The unpredictability of different stadiums could negate dominance of "top-tiers" and open a lot of potential for experimentation outside and during tournaments.
Any form of attack would probably, and this is pure speculation, utilise a survival-like tip and an aggressive attack ring.
Of course, if attack is negated in a metagame, then defence obviously will follow.
That would be awesome, but the problem is that there aren't many balanced stadiums that aren't legal. For example, the Super Attack stadium would completely discourage people from using stamina and probably most defense, so you'd have everyone using attack: the type that has the greatest advantage in that situation.
So beyblade legends are just remaking metal fusion,metal masters,metal fury? What about Shogun Steel/Zero G?
In such a format, say if Wide Square stadium was legal, nobody (almost) would used attack. I think the format would work if you had a limit of how many Beyblade you could enter with and you can select your beyblade after the arena has been decided.
Wasn't the normal hyperblades diablo loose too?
I know mine was.
I have 2 diablo wheels, and they're both loose.
So is it only with the Hasbro diablo? It may just be a manufacturing defect I guess.
Even my Takara Diablo is a bit loose. It just has to do with manufacturing variances I guess. Some parts won't fit all that well but still pass QC anyways, and you get a loose fit.
I have an original hyperblades one.
I remember it being tight. (lost core)
Really? Mine is doing fine without loose problems.

BTW someone is talking about playing in flat square stadiums, I can guarentee that is even worse than closed stadiums.

From what I saw in China fakes stadium, where one of them are exactly square shaped, attack types tend to wobble inside the stadium and barely moves unless the launch was tilted, as it tends to have different sides to touch the floor rather than one sided like the bowl shaped stadium does. This makes launching an attack hard.

Besides, without a slope to let beys to stay in the middle makes attack types hard to hit the target without moving vigoursly, although in most cases the stadium is small enough for collisions to happen more frequently.

Under these cases although stamina types will dominate, it however is undeniable that it makes game fun.
Um, none of the Takara stadiums are perfectly flat, even the wide square has a slope.

So here is something. Is a defence type really a type as much as it is anti-meta. Here's my case: Attack Types are supposed to knock out a Beyblade, stamina types are supposed to spin for as long as possible. The sole purpose of Defence however is to literally not get knocked out, in other words its purpose is to counter Attack Type Beyblades. Now, while it can be argued that an Attack Type Beyblades sole purpose is to knock out a Stamina Type Beyblade, look at some of the results that we have had with Attack VS. Defence in all of Beyblade, Top Tier Attack Types have and quite frequently had over 50% against Top Tier Defence. I could go on for ages but here is just one more vague point:
- Without Attack, defence cannot exist. Without Defence, Stamina Can exist (they'd probably just be slightly more defensively orientated.

Now this is not about hitting down Defence Types. It's more about reclassification. Defence cannot be considered a type. Defence is a direct results of offensive dominance. Hence, Anti- Meta.

I would've made this a thread going into a lot more detail, but unfortunately, it probably would've been closed haha.
(Aug. 31, 2014  6:35 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Um, none of the Takara stadiums are perfectly flat, even the wide square has a slope.

So here is something. Is a defence type really a type as much as it is anti-meta. Here's my case: Attack Types are supposed to knock out a Beyblade, stamina types are supposed to spin for as long as possible. The sole purpose of Defence however is to literally not get knocked out, in other words its purpose is to counter Attack Type Beyblades. Now, while it can be argued that an Attack Type Beyblades sole purpose is to knock out a Stamina Type Beyblade, look at some of the results that we have had with Attack VS. Defence in all of Beyblade, Top Tier Attack Types have and quite frequently had over 50% against Top Tier Defence. I could go on for ages but here is just one more vague point:
- Without Attack, defence cannot exist. Without Defence, Stamina Can exist (they'd probably just be slightly more defensively orientated.

Now this is not about hitting down Defence Types. It's more about reclassification. Defence cannot be considered a type. Defence is a direct results of offensive dominance. Hence, Anti- Meta.

I would've made this a thread going into a lot more detail, but unfortunately, it probably would've been closed haha.

I think it's also because Attack types are mainly for KO and Stamina Types are for OS? While Defense types can be either, and I suppose that's like a balance type but I'm not are myself but I see what you mean.