Beyblade Random Thoughts

Not to mention Duo. Pretty much the #1 Stamina wheel in the game ATM.
Wow, idk how I forgot duo.
XD

I love Duo. It's like my spirit partner. Used it since my first tournament. HOW COULD YOU FORGET IT!!! JK

Genbull and Dragooon (Doragon lol) are pretth cool too.
(Aug. 22, 2014  3:25 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:49 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:14 PM)Poseidon Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Whine-about-your-breaks

It'd be cool if we could get other formats off play, additional formats rather than just Limited, Standard and Zero-G. Maybe something that incorporates 4D more, since they are banned in limited and outclassed for the most part in Standard and Zero G apart from Flash (I'm talking mostly about MW, BTW) . Slightly unrealistic perhaps, but it would definitely be cool.
Plastics and HMS Zero-G pls.
those are formats.

Poseiden: Phantom (MF-L Phantom Cygnus 80MF) and Diablo (MF-H Diablo Kerbecs Bd145RF) say hi.
No.
I mean Plastics and HMS in Zero-G Stadium format.
Today for no particular reason, I decided to clean my entire beyblade collection and gear. Most of them were looking and behaving no different to before, but my B:D was better in performance lol.
Also, my Phoenix [which I mentioned before] left a scratch [due to the missing plastic that my Gryph tore out] on my middle finger because I had this brilliant idea of touching the ring while it was spinning at high velocity.
I don't know if mentioned this in my last post in this thread, but I lost my Burn Quetz because the beylauncher string dragged it somewhere lol.
(Aug. 22, 2014  4:29 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2014  3:25 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:49 PM)Neo Wrote: Plastics and HMS Zero-G pls.
those are formats.

Poseiden: Phantom (MF-L Phantom Cygnus 80MF) and Diablo (MF-H Diablo Kerbecs Bd145RF) say hi.
No.
I mean Plastics and HMS in Zero-G Stadium format.

Yeah lets make Bearing Core even more OP than it already is lol!

Also, I honestly think I'd prefer a brand new line of beys, something that doesn't link to MFB; I feel it would be good to start from scratch again #UnpopularOpinion
BEYBLADE HAS A NEW SEASON! I was in target today and saw a brand new stadium with a new logo that said "beyblade legend".
(Aug. 22, 2014  1:58 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Also, I honestly think I'd prefer a brand new line of beys, something that doesn't link to MFB; I feel it would be good to start from scratch again #UnpopularOpinion

Frankly, I've put wayyy too much money into MFB already to have any desire for a new, completely separate system. I would hate to have spent hundreds of dollars on MFB only to turn around and have a new system that everyone gets excited about and sucks the life out of the MFB community in a massive wave of hype as everyone switches to the new system. Sure, there's HMS/plastics tournaments still around, and the same would apply to MFB, but there would not be as many as the newer system would have, unless there was some flaw in the system that keeps people from being interested in it (like the main-series Beyblades all become XTS).
Question for the committee: if an entirely new series was created, would MFB tournaments still get processed for Beyranks, or would they become like HMS & Plastics?
Anyone notice how expensive Storm Pegasus is nowadays? It's like £20 including shipping. That's like double the price from when it was released.
(Aug. 22, 2014  9:12 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Question for the committee: if an entirely new series was created, would MFB tournaments still get processed for Beyranks, or would they become like HMS & Plastics?

That's a good question. It's hard to say. I've always been a proponent of separate rankings for different formats to begin with (along with a global ranking that combines them all), but it just hasn't been feasible (and wasn't a opinion everyone shared), and it may become too confusing if it were to happen.

It might stay the same simply because if a new series were to be released, everyone would have equal opportunity to purchase parts easily and at a reasonable price. But the reason why Plastics and HMS are not included in the rankings is because a) They are completely different systems and b) because of part availability.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

(Aug. 22, 2014  11:59 PM)Ultra Wrote: Anyone notice how expensive Storm Pegasus is nowadays? It's like £20 including shipping. That's like double the price from when it was released.

Wow, really? Just checked and prices on eBay for TAKARA-TOMY BB-28's do seem high. Glad I've held on to a NIB one with a black string BeyLauncher since 2009, then!
I definitely agree with the decision behind not ranking Plastics & HMS, but I would like to see MFB stay in the ranks just because this forum has been around for the whole time the series was out and part availability/cost isn't as much of an issue, at least for now. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it haha

In other news, just found out that I was actually right in calling HMS "Hard Metal System" when I first heard about it. When I heard people referring to HMS as "Heavy Metal System" on the forum a year or so ago I started doubting myself and thinking I'd just gotten the name confused. Literally just found out that it is an abbreviation for both.
(Aug. 22, 2014  11:59 PM)Ultra Wrote: Anyone notice how expensive Storm Pegasus is nowadays? It's like £20 including shipping. That's like double the price from when it was released.

It's because of the beyblade anime. In the anime Storm Pegasus is the best beyblade in the world and never lost, so kids think so, and buy it. That's why Storm Pegasus is so rare and not Storm Capricorn or Dark Gasher, because Tobio and Tetsuya are losers in the anime.
(Aug. 23, 2014  2:14 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:

It's because of the beyblade anime. In the anime Storm Pegasus is the best beyblade in the world and never lost, so kids think so, and buy it. That's why Storm Pegasus is so rare and not Storm Capricorn or Dark Gasher, because Tobio and Tetsuya are losers in the anime.

It has lossed though... But your point still stands, I suppose.
Considering how expensive some of the Dragoons and Dranzers are, it might be a good idea to stock up on Pegasus/Leone/L-Drago variants to sell in the future.

This is on topic but may sound weird, but does anyone else think in like 5-10 years Bandid Genbull will become the next Apollon? I know it sounds kind of absurd now, but think about it.

They have similar backstories:
  • Random Booster prize in last RB before production was cut off
  • popular either for looks/anime (Apollon) or competitive value (Genbull)
  • Not-as-good Hasbro versions
and probably one other thing that I'm missing.
Perhaps that Bandid Genbull is an OP bey ?
The Orange F230 from RBV3 is going to become very expensive, I would imagine.
@everyone about prices It's funny how a Shinobi Genbull can sell for 9 dollars including shipping but a Bandid Genbull goes for like $45. Fortunately, it has gone down to $35 or thereabouts, which is a good enough improvement on the price. But here's a worthwhile set, considering that you get 7 more beys for an extra $12.
I'm just bugged that eBay sellers utilise the fact that WBO has found Genbull, F230 and TB to be immensely competitive to increase prices.
I got a Shinobi Genbull for $2 Wink
(Aug. 23, 2014  3:59 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I got a Shinobi Genbull for $2 Wink

WUUUUTTT??? HOW?
2$ O.o ? Is it used?
(Aug. 23, 2014  3:59 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I got a Shinobi Genbull for $2 Wink

*sees a doctor from fainting due to excitement*

WUT? How did you get a TT bey for just $2? Hopefully it is mint and genuine. But putting that aside, we would all like to know where you got it!
It's most definitely genuine haha
Got it on Ebay... I'm pretty good at finding deals.
Ugh! I was pissed last night! I was bidding on these two random booster items for 7.00$ and outta no where some jerk raised it to 12.00$. I was so close to winning!
(Aug. 23, 2014  3:56 AM)ƒ¡$h Wrote: I'm just bugged that eBay sellers utilise the fact that WBO has found Genbull, F230 and TB to be immensely competitive to increase prices.

They only sell it for that high because it is labeled as 'SUPER RARE' on the packaging.

On a slightly different note, anyone else notice how RBV3 Stardust Pegasis is becoming hard to find? I honestly think its along the same path that RBV2 Legend Pisces is going through.