Beyblade Random Thoughts

I used to be able to get JB to outspin MB, but only when near mint. Then they made JSB, and I love it, though its stamina performance is still just a little short of what I would want from it in Limited, it's still a very usable tip for various things.

Also asking again, because I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track after further developments - if anyone has a Hasbro or Brown Takara F230 they don't mind rendering permanently illegal in the name of SCIENCE!!! and like $15 or thereabouts for the other thing needed (should be available at any decently sized hardware/trades store, maybe also RC./Electronics Hobby stores if they stock parts and tools etc, may actually have some legal use for beyblade stuff too, looking into that right now actually) shoot me a PM. Obviously it also has to stay between us (and any Committee member who wants to know what's up) at least until complete.
Sorry if this is on the wrong thread but I saw this on youtube today.
Seems real by the packaging, and according to the copyright info it was made in 2008. It also happens to be based on an ancient ruler I believe. Really interesting overall.
I can't see the video on my mobile, but from your description, I think it's the same thing we discussed in the HMS Q&A thread yesterday: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-HMS-Q-A-...pid1202888
hey guys, just on a little problem.. I found out that Wolborg 2 and Wolborg MS has very similar designs..I wonder if the guy who designed Wolborg MS just thought wolborg 2 design is good...so he or she puts it to the wolborg ms design? any thoughts? maybe th!nk or cannon can help answer this?
Yes, Wolborg MS does look similar to Wolborg 2...I don't see what you're trying to say?
I felt this post doesn't really belong in the ask a question get an answer thread since it's more vague and can possibly allude to further discussion.

I am not at all involved in the current meta whether it be standard or limited but I was wondering since when did it become mandatory to post winning combinations and what were the reasons behind doing so?

I get that we are a community that might not get any bigger due to Takara not having released a new product in quite a while now. And that the progression of the meta should be done as a whole.

But really, this game is also meant to be competitive so I always believed that it's up to the discretion of the person as to if they wish to reveal their combos. I mean it's not like sports persons reveal their strategies to success, otherwise others would just follow suit. One of the challenges with Beyblade is to discover new combs and use them against unsuspecting foes but if you had to reveal it, it kinda takes the "joy" out of doing so. Yes it's also to balance the meta as well so that some just don't run rampant but it just takes a bit of the competitive edge of it away.

TL;DR: Why is it mandatory to reveal winning combinations?
Honestly, I really agree with Blah in this subject.

But, I think it's to "see how the Meta is doing" or something like that.

I honestly don't find it fair that while it is mandatory and we posted ours a few hours after the event, some regions/host do not post them at all and don't seem to recieve any "punishment" or even have to post them... It just doesn't seem to be enforced a lot.
I think, in reference to sports, it's not so much of revealing secrets to success as much as it is revealing a starting lineup. It also helps keep track of the metagame, as Leone19 said. Additionally, if a weird combo is used and posted, it can lead to tests that would discover new top tiers.
With Limited it's absolutely necessary to monitor the format's progression and inform decisions on the banlist. With others it's generally so that we have a good understanding of what's going on. In standard it might not be necessary at this point, but in Zero-G we're keeping an eye on F230 so it's necessary there too.
My point still being, it doesn't seem to be too enforced, considering several regions/hosts/placers rarely post the combinations- which doesn't seem fair to those who do.
That just means it needs to be enforced better.
(Mar. 30, 2014  8:09 PM)th!nk Wrote: That just means it needs to be enforced better.

That's what I've been trying to get across, haha.

I personally think (no pun intended) a mod or somebody should ask the hosts for the combinations via PM or in the topic; but just my thoughts on the matter.
I don't have anything more to add other than my complete agreement.
I second that. I am personally against mandatory combo posting, especially since people did it fairly often when it was involuntary, so I don't like to see certain locations getting around the rule while the rest of us follow the rules.
Okay, but if you put aside the not-inherent issue of some people not posting their results, the measure is generally intended to promote a faster evolving metagame and so on, which IMO is a good thing - you still get the element of surprise for at least one tournament but everyone benefits from things, as opposed to there being a serious incentive for keeping your new finds to yourself. As I said, winning combinations have also been very important in a lot of big discussions lately, and we are not only a competitive community - we're also one that seeks to fully understand and thoroughly examine the game, which the measure has helped with quite a bit. It also means no complaints about people 'leaking' combinations someone wins with at a tournament or unfair advantages to certain people for getting others to not do that.
I get that it's a necessity for still-developing formats and combinations that need to be watched closely; not arguing against the rule since it's already been made. I'm just saying that if we have to do it, it should be more enforced. I like Leone19's idea of a PM reminder once the results have been submitted, so hosts don't forget.
(Mar. 31, 2014  4:05 AM)L-PegasusBlader Wrote: According to this message translated into English, Sonokong is closing its beyblade.sonokong.co.kr website on March 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM KST.

South Korean message:

This can't be good. Unless if they want to remodel it for archival reasons, I hope this doesn't mean that beyblade will be discontinued in SoKo. (SoKo is South Korea)
Edit: It's Top Plate people!
Mm, basically what I figured would be the case, haha. Thanks for letting us know Smile
I am sure this is just a way to direct all the Beyblade traffic to their Top Plate brand, which does make sense.
Not to big of a deal, considering the fact that Top Plate is what they'd rather have receiving attention, since it's their own Toyline.
Has anyone notices how rock zurafa's rubber wing spin track sucks?
(Mar. 31, 2014  10:10 PM)Ray Sagittario Wrote: Has anyone notices how rock zurafa's rubber wing spin track sucks?

It can actually be top-tier with Flash Orion if I remember correctly, and it was good for Attack when it was released.
But it absolutely sucks on rock zurafa even a flame libra could beat it!
(Mar. 31, 2014  10:14 PM)Ray Sagittario Wrote: But it absolutely sucks on rock zurafa even a flame libra could beat it!

That's because you're using stock Beyblades, which in general, are not too great.
You have been told before that most stock beyblades suck :\

R145 is very good in limited in attack, balance and defence customs.