Beyblade Random Thoughts

Just a little update.
Throughout the process of bringing my beyblades to school, one of my friends has shown interest in attending a tournament Grin
He also bought the hasbro equivalent of dark knight dragoon.

My friends and I are also planning a beyblade parody mini series.. All I will say is that it may include the Waterfall technique.. That is if I can do it in time..
Is it just me or does Balro fit perfectly with Bahamida?
It appears that way at an angle, but part if Balro hangs over just a bit on one of Bahamdia's major contact points.
(Jan. 25, 2014  2:13 AM)"Kira Wrote: It appears that way at an angle, but part if Balro hangs over just a bit on one of Bahamdia's major contact points.

Which one? There are three.
My friend wanted proof that Beyblade was cool, so I obviously looked for some hard evidence. In the process, I found some false information.
I didn't actually ask this question, someone else did (Click to View)
We will hunt that person down and shove a ripcord up
If you want to prove to your friend how cool beyblade is, just go all sciencey on them. All the physics and stuff involved should be pretty persuasive. If not, just show by example, have them battle you, and if that doesn't convince them, all hope is lost...
When you battle them, make sure it's Attack vs Attack, though. Smashy explosions get people's attention.
I'd have to fly to them, seeing as they live in a different state, hah.
(Jan. 27, 2014  1:07 AM)Nano Wrote: I'd have to fly to them, seeing as they live in a different state, hah.

I used to live in seattle. Only one person I knew like to blade and only one person owned TT
Haha, whose ready for another one of my hasbro rants?

Why on earth does The hasbro thief Phoenix box show it having a yellow thief? *Ultra mega super facepalm*
A lot of products show different colors. Flame Byxis probably has the most misleading render compared to the actual products colors.

As you can see, TT does the same thing occasionally.

So going on a Hasbro rant just means your on the Takara bandwagon thinking its so much better when both are pretty much the same.
(Jan. 27, 2014  6:13 AM)Tri Wrote: A lot of products show different colors. Flame Byxis probably has the most misleading render compared to the actual products colors.

As you can see, TT does the same thing occasionally.

So going on a Hasbro rant just means your on the Takara bandwagon thinking its so much better when both are pretty much the same.
OMFG I just noticed that Flame byxis' CW is different in real life than in the anime...#NewbMoment
I wonder what else is different in real life Gasp

I haven't seen anyone able to do this recently, it might not be possible.
(Jan. 27, 2014  6:52 AM)Cake Wrote: I wonder what else is different in real life Gasp

I haven't seen anyone able to do this recently, it might not be possible.

I do that every time I battle...Especially with my poison Scorpio 230s. Gasp oh no! I've said too much already.
(Jan. 26, 2014  9:23 PM)Dual Wrote: We will hunt that person down and shove a ripcord up
If you want to prove to your friend how cool beyblade is, just go all sciencey on them. All the physics and stuff involved should be pretty persuasive. If not, just show by example, have them battle you, and if that doesn't convince them, all hope is lost...
I just died from that comment.

I kinda lured my friends in with the "we can be rich and famous if we're good enough" speech.
(Jan. 30, 2014  11:31 PM)Oddity Wrote: I kinda lured my friends in with the "we can be rich and famous if we're good enough" speech.
You told them you could be rich and famous if you were good enough at Beyblade? LOL now that's a good one :p
Well you could be rich
and famous
Just sayin'.
(Jan. 31, 2014  4:49 AM)Dual Wrote: Well you could be rich
and famous
Just sayin'.
Touché. If beypoints were a legitimate indicator of wealth, I would be poor af.
Honestly, the better you are, the poorer you would technically be because of tournament fees or hosting. It's all worth it, but I'm just saying haha
(Jan. 31, 2014  5:25 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Honestly, the better you are, the poorer you would technically be because of tournament fees or hosting. It's all worth it, but I'm just saying haha
More like the better you are, the poorer you are due to buying so many parts.

Finally got to play again for the first time in over a year yesterday with my friend. We spent a good amount of time just goofing off with weird combos. It was really fun, reminds me of all the time we would play a few years ago.
This is probably due to my long hiatus, but the Limited format is seriously interesting. I think it kinda embodies the attitude that many of the anti-Basalt people had when banning Basalt was tossed about. Plus, you kinda can't just weight-sack someone with some MF-H (Huge weight Synchrom combo) TH170RF just because you have the parts. Which I like. (Though I must say that I really liked MF-H Basalt Kerbecs S130RF, once upon a time.)
(Feb. 01, 2014  9:33 AM)Temporal Wrote: This is probably due to my long hiatus, but the Limited format is seriously interesting. I think it kinda embodies the attitude that many of the anti-Basalt people had when banning Basalt was tossed about. Plus, you kinda can't just weight-sack someone with some MF-H (Huge weight Synchrom combo) TH170RF just because you have the parts. Which I like. (Though I must say that I really liked MF-H Basalt Kerbecs S130RF, once upon a time.)

You think it sounds interesting? Man, wait til you play it, so good.
And yes, a lot of the people who pushed for it this time around/contributed to discussions leading to it/the initial banlist etc were people who fondly remembered the times before Basalt and BD145 (heck, in very early unofficial discussions that led to it there was skepticism about having 230 and co around, but it's not actually a problem without basalt being able to slam down on everything with it and still be a pain to KO, MF-H Libra TH220/230CS is along those lines, able to mess lower stamina combos up etc, but it's extremely easy to KO.) For a lot of us, it was almost a direct reaction to the power creep that began with Hell Kerbecs and Basalt Horogium, which made all of these older parts useless. Zero G IMO contributed a lot in that regard by having wheels of similar weights to that when Unsynchromed, I think (though really I have no clue about the discussions that led to it being official - I know Ingulit pinned a whole lot on it being a successful format, but yeah).

If you want to discuss it in more depth etc, The Limited Subforum's Random Thoughts thread would be the place to go - I'm more than eager to chat about this kinda thing there, I really love the format and am ecstatic to see it be an official WBO thing so yeah. Grin

Anyway, I hung out with r0ckbull today, and hanging out with him always reminds me what my favourite part of blading is. It isn't competition, it isn't even competitive combos - it's hanging out with friends and messing around with random parts in whatever stadiums you have and seeing what works. Heck once in a while you even stumble onto something interesting/potentially competitive useful too, but mostly it's so much fun to see what you can do throwing together things that aren't quite so formulaic as many competitive combos, and seeing what wins etc. The other stuff is still fun, but for me, that is where the love is at. Shoutout to Duo Cygnus LW105JSB for being a total beast (and then MF-L Ifraid Wyvang D125BSF, I think it was, for finally managing to make it scrape out).
Well, I made a custom beyblade (again)! This time, i used a scooter wheel for spin steal and increased stamina (there is a ball bearing in the center). I then used a struxx ball connecter as a tip, which i fastened it in with hot glue . All I need is a clear wheel to launch the bey with. once I get my beys back, i'll perform tests (which the score will obviously be 20:0).
(Feb. 01, 2014  6:22 PM)tac1017 Wrote: Well, I made a custom beyblade (again)! This time, i used a scooter wheel for spin steal and increased stamina (there is a ball bearing in the center). I then used a struxx ball connecter as a tip, which i fastened it in with hot glue . All I need is a clear wheel to launch the bey with. once I get my beys back, i'll perform tests (which the score will obviously be 20:0).

Sounds interesting, however:

You realize that is illegal, right?

You can discuss it in the Illegal Combinations topic. Tongue_out
(Feb. 01, 2014  6:25 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2014  6:22 PM)tac1017 Wrote: Well, I made a custom beyblade (again)! This time, i used a scooter wheel for spin steal and increased stamina (there is a ball bearing in the center). I then used a struxx ball connecter as a tip, which i fastened it in with hot glue . All I need is a clear wheel to launch the bey with. once I get my beys back, i'll perform tests (which the score will obviously be 20:0).

I know. Im using it for testing. Why would i bring a spinning scooter wheel that makes diablo nemesis feel like a feather into a tournament?
(Feb. 01, 2014  6:27 PM)tac1017 Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2014  6:25 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

I know. Im using it for testing. Why would i bring a spinning scooter wheel that makes diablo nemesis feel like a feather into a tournament?

I understand that, no need for the sarcastic remark.

I'm pointing out that Illegal Combinations/Modifications is where to discuss is and it's tests; as it is not a legal Beyblade for testing.

Tongue_out