Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 16, 2014  7:04 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: So anybody have bey(s) that they keep away from their normal ones? Comfort beys? I sure do Tongue_out

I do... i have kept my beys in organized manner in separate shelves / boxes ... from new to old, used to NIB/NIP, then near MINT and MINT ones separate, beys that will be used specifically for tournaments in another box and so on .. *too many boxes*
Its always good to get them in proper order....
I do everything I can to keep my Hot Fire recolor Hell Kerbecs in pristine condition. I won it in a tournament, and the paint color is carpity carping awesome. That MW will NEVER touch another Beyblade, in or out of battle.
(Jan. 16, 2014  9:44 PM)Cake Wrote: I do everything I can to keep my Hot Fire recolor Hell Kerbecs in pristine condition. I won it in a tournament, and the paint color is carpity carping awesome. That MW will NEVER touch another Beyblade, in or out of battle.
That's sounds awesome! half of me regrets using my omega dragonis but half doesn't since I love using omega Grin. I use my fav Recolored MWs a few times then never again XD
I don't. I wouldn't care if it was a super-shooster-rare-bey. I'll use it for testing. After all, data seems more better to me, haha.
(Jan. 16, 2014  9:49 PM)" L Wrote: I don't. I wouldn't care if it was a super-shooster-rare-bey. I'll use it for testing. After all, data seems more better to me, haha.

I kept it mint for like 4-5 days, then I couldn't help myself Tired
(Jan. 16, 2014  9:44 PM)Cake Wrote: I do everything I can to keep my Hot Fire recolor Hell Kerbecs in pristine condition. I won it in a tournament, and the paint color is carpity carping awesome. That MW will NEVER touch another Beyblade, in or out of battle.

I have NEVER launched my Hot Fire Hell Kerbecs and my Silver Gravity Perseus S130MB, I do what I can to make sure the paint will never chip, since they are somewhat rare recolours.
Those beys will never touch a stadium forever. I love how both look with the paint not chipped on them Smile
My cousin refers to the paint thats chipped off metal/chrome wheels as battle scars. Hopefully he realizes how terrible makes it look in a few years XD. His Phoenic is barely can have any paint in a few months XD.
After my stadium got stolen I bought the Galaxy Pegasus DX set to get a new one. I have never used the Beyblade, but I've been tempted to use that mint TT R2F on many occasions. From my experience with Hasbro's RF and TT's LRF the bar really helps the control the Beyblade has and keeps it from shaking.
(Jan. 17, 2014  1:56 AM)Wombat Wrote: After my stadium got stolen I bought the Galaxy Pegasus DX set to get a new one. I have never used the Beyblade, but I've been tempted to use that mint TT R2F on many occasions. From my experience with Hasbro's RF and TT's LRF the bar really helps the control the Beyblade has and keeps it from shaking.

What bar? I think I heard of it but I don't know what it is.....
Some R2F's have a bar for support. It's on the back.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Galaxy_Pegasus

The Galaxy Pegasis article has info on the R2F moulds for ya.
FWIW shaking can often be helped a lot by cleaning your stadium thoroughly - I use hand sanitizer which has alcohol in it with a tea towel, it is amazing for getting rid of the buildup from rubber tips that then accumulates on said tips, and the improvement in aggression and controllability of rubber tips is very noticeable (buildup on tips reduces their grip, and seeing as I watch beyblade movement pretty closely it's painfully obvious when it's building up fast enough to affect the movement of a tip launched completely clean). It's also really good because it evaporates, though I do wipe down with a damp and then dry cloth to make sure there's no residue. Will be interesting to see if it's practical to do during a tournament, though.

On topic, I'm actually surprisingly torn about part wear - I really don't like scratching paint or chipping/wearing my parts, however:
(Jan. 16, 2014  9:49 PM)" L Wrote: I don't. I wouldn't care if it was a super-shooster-rare-bey. I'll use it for testing. After all, data seems more better to me, haha.

L absolutely nailed it - especially for me, with international postage prices in Aus and my own laziness, odds are I'm never selling this stuff anyway, so the data comes first. I will hold off using a part if it's absolutely hopeless (for example, I'm never using my Divine from Divine Chimera, because between the weight and shape there's no way it'll work, however as Mold 2 Sol is heavy for a pre-maximum series MW, I did use it), but if I think there's a chance of it being useful and that odds are no one else is going to test it, then as much as it pains me I will absolutely use any part.
But I do have a separate container of recolors or things I don't want to use/want to keep for display. Most of them are cases where I have another copy of the parts, though.
I have no issue with using potentially competitive parts, even if they are really nice-looking; I've been scraping up my nice Pegasus, Libra, and gold Perseus fooling around with Limited customs. If I had a Phantom Orion Skeletal Ver. (which is basically my Holy Grail of beyblades) I'd use anyways it if it were significantly heavier than either of my other 2 Phantom wheels. However, since Hades is banned in Limited, and non-competitive in normal Beyblading, I have no real reason to be scraping it up yet Smile
I just got all my rare stuff from YJA, and I will never EVER use them because they look so beautiful. So I disagree with what you guys are saying.
Man, finally got caught up with the metagame and the new formats ! I'm happy the game balanced as it is now, the competition should be exciting this year!

And I see F230 is a scary part but of course, there's always going to be a custom or part that'll be more superior than the other in the future.
Do you guys think I should inbox my Red Phantom Fox MS or wait for another one to come by and then unbox it?
(Jan. 21, 2014  12:03 AM)Shining Dog MS Wrote: Do you guys think I should inbox my Red Phantom Fox MS or wait for another one to come by and then unbox it?

I'd wait for another one and unbox it.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot, I'm going to be on the hunt for the Silver Quetzalcoatl and Pre HWS LDrago both NIB. They've been my favorite before Beyblade had progressed this far. They're both so beautiful!! The only person I think could have it is Kei. But I'll wait just a bit more .
(Jan. 21, 2014  12:08 AM)Hov Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2014  12:03 AM)Shining Dog MS Wrote: Do you guys think I should inbox my Red Phantom Fox MS or wait for another one to come by and then unbox it?

I'd wait for another one and unbox it.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot, I'm going to be on the hunt for the Silver Quetzalcoatl and Pre HWS LDrago both NIB. They've been my favorite before Beyblade had progressed this far. They're both so beautiful!! The only person I think could have it is Kei. But I'll wait just a bit more .
They have the silver quetz on ebay and I got Ldrago 105f off amazon.
The L Drago 105F is so cheap on Amazon. Look there Smile And as for the Prototype Quetz, I believe roux has it. PM her.
Both of those are actually pretty cheap on Ebay or Amazon, like SDMS said. I think I got my pre-HWS Lightning L Drago for less than $10 and it comes with a left spin string launcher.
(Jan. 21, 2014  12:08 AM)Hov Wrote: I'd wait for another one and unbox it.

I have the WHF 09 Gold L Drago 105F ... and I've used it *gasp*.
Honestly, I wouldn't have used it. The Gold L Drago is "0".
(Jan. 23, 2014  12:13 AM)Shining Dog MS Wrote: The Gold L Drago is "0".

What do you mean?
I mean it's soooo smexy.
(Jan. 22, 2014  8:22 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2014  12:08 AM)Hov Wrote: I'd wait for another one and unbox it.

I have the WHF 09 Gold L Drago 105F ... and I've used it *gasp*.

Hahaha, if I ever come to Canada I'll buy you a drink for that.