Beyblade Random Thoughts

When Zero-G first arrived, we expected it to be a revolution in the game. A change from the meta-game of that time, which was HEAVILY dominated by Defense and Stamina types. Duo, Phantom, Death, etc etc.
Thankfully though, Flash provided the much awaited change.
Coming back to Zero-G though-
Seeing the swaying stadium, we all expected it to be a game where Attack types would have a nice enough chance to win. Its sad to hear that the Zero-G scenario too, is dominated by Stamina types(even I, like Temporal, have very less knowledge about Zero-G; so what I read here is new for me). :\

Then again, I hear that swaying KO is still an effective method to win. Moreover, I also read in the BBG-28 thread(in a post by Kei) that a Dual-Spin wheel would be a great way to execute SKOs; because a beyblade spinning in the opposite direction has an upper hand in getting a decent SKO. Back when I left, Dragooon had been dominating due to its great spin-steal ability and probably also because of the reason stated above(opposite spin gets more self-KOs). Sooo, has it not been possible to defeat Dragooon Stamina combos by using an aggressive right-spin combo? The latter would probably score an SKO, no?
If it is a right-spin wheel dominating, has a Dragooon combo not been used to score an SKO? B: D and BWD - from what I can see - are not the type of tips that would be invulnerable to the swaying of the stadium(as most Sharp tips are, from what TT has claimed and seemingly proved). So, why are they not SKOed easily?

I ask only to with a view to learn. Smile
that's why i said we need more like left spin CWs than L/R CWs, with the synchrom we can make a L/R with two chrome wheels, a left spin one and a right spin one, but it's so common one line of beyblades can be left spin (Dragoon, L-Drago, Dragooon) that seems more "normal" to think a L/R, but, come on, Synchrom can make it, variety of Left Spin is what beyblade lacks nowadays
Technically, we certainly can make an "L/R Synchrom" using two Chrome Wheels spinning in different directions, but it wouldn't be "L/R" in the true sense of the word...
You'd need to interchange the position of the two Chrome wheels in order to change between spin-directions. As that is not allowed in-battle, that isn't quite significant.

L/R wheel has its own advantages-
It provides versatility of course...
It allows a person to use both spin-directions in-battle, in accordance with the WBO Rules. It is a big plus point especially if you enter a battle without knowing the spin-direction of your opponent's bey(which is quite possible if your opponent hides his bey till the end/deception tactics/if you suck at recognizing Chrome wheels like I do).

Variety in left-spin is always welcome anyway, haha! But the release of an L/R Chrome Wheel would at least revive the excitement of all bladers(after things have remained quite dormant in recent times, with a very few good releases), if not prove itself to be a game-changing part. Wink

EDIT-
P.S. All of a sudden, it feels like I know a lot about Zero-G, haha! It is probably a facade, though. Tongue_out
Janstarblast: In Zero-G, spin direction is very important with sway. I don't know why, but for some reason, a right spin CF combo can't sway a left spin BGrin combo very much, but a right spin CF combo will destroy a right spin BGrin combo. The same thing happens with left spin sway against right spin stamina. That's why so many people use Dragooon BGrin- the only way to beat it is to use left spin sway, which is niche, or BGrin/EWD/BWD in right spin. Therefore, a lot of people end up using stamina.

That's where a multi-directional chrome wheel comes into play. With a multi-directional chrome wheel Synchromed and on CF, spin direction wouldn't matter. You could sway your opponent by always going on the same spin direction as them.

As for BWD, I don't own it, but a lot of members have said it resists sway pretty well.
Thanks for the reply, Shinobu.
Now I clearly understand what Kei meant to say.

As for BWD, I thought that it wouldn't resist sway well (after looking at its pictures of course). Then again, even I do not own it, and nor do I have any experience with Zero-G.

Thanks again, for all the information. Smile
(Jan. 26, 2013  5:26 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Thanks for the reply, Shinobu.
Now I clearly understand what Kei meant to say.

As for BWD, I thought that it wouldn't resist sway well (after looking at its pictures of course). Then again, even I do not own it, and nor do I have any experience with Zero-G.

Yeah, the rule is that if you are in the same spin direction as your opponent, you'll have a much easier time swaying/KOing them. As I was saying in the BBG-28 thread, and as ShinobuXD explained here, that's why a multi-directional Chome Wheel would be so powerful; spin direction wouldn't matter anymore.

Why not? Everyone knows that sharper tips have better resistance to sway, so looking at BWD, I would think it was obvious that it would be good at that, in comparison to something like WD or B:D. It can still be swayed to some degree, but it isn't nearly as bad as WD or B:D are when placed up against an opponent in the same spin direction.
Blader DJ is online!! My beyspirit is ignited!
Shouldn't Yuki's bey be some kind of telescopus bey, after the telescope constelation? I mean he lives in an observatory for pete's sake
True dat.

But well, he is an astronomer, and it is Mercury, hah.

(Jan. 27, 2013  8:41 AM)Kujikato Wrote: True dat.

But well, he is an astronomer, and it is Mercury, hah.

I was thinking of the element.
If zero g is so dominated by such a narrow range of combinations, then people should start finding and using combinations which exploit that. If everyone who complained about it spent that time finding a solution to the dominance of stamina I daresay the situation would be vastly different.

'course, if stamina can't be reliably knocked out because of the stadium design, then it brings the entire zero g format into question, but I really doubt that's the case.
(Jan. 27, 2013  12:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: If zero g is so dominated by such a narrow range of combinations, then people should start finding and using combinations which exploit that. If everyone who complained about it spent that time finding a solution to the dominance of stamina I daresay the situation would be vastly different.

'course, if stamina can't be reliably knocked out because of the stadium design, then it brings the entire zero g format into question, but I really doubt that's the case.

It isn't the case. It's just, as always, Stamina is the easiest type to use and do well with.
IMHO, it seems like people are completely forgetting that you can still use a smash attack combo in the Zero G meta. Theoretically smash would destroy most stamina combos even in the Zero G stadium. I think people are too stuck on the fact that the only way to KO an opponent its to sway KO them.
I've always found stamina too risky, in that a well-launched defender in bb-10 at least, was usually able to KO any given stamina combo enough to have a chance of winning (though I always was most familiar with the basalt bd145 era). Canada has long had a very stamina dominated metagame wheras most other places often seemed to be more stamina/defense hybrid dominated, which I think is the difference in our views.

KainHighwind: that is my suspicion, though I did wonder if that was because the stadiums were unfriendly towards regular smash combos.
(Jan. 28, 2013  5:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: KainHighwind: that is my suspicion, though I did wonder if that was because the stadiums were unfriendly towards regular smash combos.

I am not fully convinced that is the case. After seeing how things went during the BSF/SB/RSF tests I did, Phoenic Blaro E230CF had a few pretty impressive Smash KOs. So I cant help but wonder if that can be exploited with a track and tip better suited for Smash.
Name: HDSK A.K.A (Hellldragonslayerking)
Method:
Part 1
I made a homemade BB-10/Zero G stadium (Looks like a bb-10 but spins) And i put marbles (About 20) and I launch my combo and if it knocks out lets say 15 i try launching harder and try to knock out 18 or 20.
This does not benifit your beyblade it self, it benifits your launching skills and how hard u launch. When it knocks out all the marbles at once ill go to Part 2.
Part 2:
I then take it to the bb-10 and then i will get 1 marble and put tht marble in the middle of the stadium to practice my FLOWER PATTERN (I use mostly attack types). I time how long it takes to knock out the marble (most of the time it takes :10 to :20). This benifits how well ure aunching is and how to time your attacks.
Part 3:
This part i put up my combo against top teir combos
Defence: MF-H Basalt Bull BGrin
Attack: MF-H Flash Pisces CH120R²F, and MF-H VariAres Ch120LRF
Balance: MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB
I use these combos make it trickier for me to KO it , Those r me 3 steps of beyblade trainning
Tips for bladers reading My post:
This trainning skills r not for ever combo its only for my way of trainning. DONT JUDGE ME
So you just launch harder...you don't need marbles or anything to help with that, though dumbells would work quite nicely.
(Jan. 29, 2013  12:17 AM)HDSK Wrote: Defence: MF-H Basalt Bull B:D

I can't help but lol at that. B:D is in no way top tier in Defense; it's better suited in Stamina, and your 230MB would do much better for Defense. Albeit no top tier, it's much better than... B:D.
Actually, in a wobbling stadium, BGrin is one of the best Defense parts. May not produce the same results if the stadium custom made, though.
I've heard some moderator say it before; There are too many faces already, but I kind of want there to be Zero-G Stone Faces. I'd like to have a Bregirados/Genbull/Revizer Face.

There isn't really a "WBO Random Thoughts", so this seemed like the most appropriate place to post this.
(Jan. 30, 2013  1:09 AM)Wombat Wrote: I've heard some moderator say it before; There are too many faces already, but I kind of want there to be Zero-G Stone Faces. I'd like to have a Bregirados/Genbull/Revizer Face.

There isn't really a "WBO Random Thoughts", so this seemed like the most appropriate place to post this.

I was thinking the same thing, I guess we have a similar face called the "Stone Face" [Image: stoneface.png]. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to be a Zero-G face though. I also think they don't have Zero-G Stone Faces probably because Zero-G and MFB Faces have different shapes.
The Zero G faces are being created, IIRC. They will use the regular template for them.

This shouldn't be discussed here anyways.
I'd hate to add on to this but, you're right, Wombat. There is no "WBO Random Thoughts" thread. But there is a WBO Faces Discussion thread, haha. Use that, not this topic.
(Jan. 30, 2013  12:58 AM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Actually, in a wobbling stadium, BGrin is one of the best Defense parts. May not produce the same results if the stadium custom made, though.

In zero g stadiums it is good at withstanding wobbling. That does not amount to being " one of the best defense parts in any wobbling stadium", and seeing as wobbling or not, b: d still can't take a hit from a marshmallow, even in bowl like zero g stadiums, it should not be touted as even a "good" defense part without clearly noting that any defensive ability it has only applies to SKO- and even there, it's hardly rs.
I spoke with Kei about the state of Beyblade last night. I don't know how many of you were around for the death of HMS but it feels very similar. A few pages in CoroCoro is not a sign of anything really – probably Takara Tomy has some agreement with them that mandates this, and of course they still want to push the product they have even if it's not incredibly lucrative. With both the anime and manga ending, their primary marketing source is basically gone.

Winter is coming.