Beyblade Random Thoughts

It's still not a synchrom, and unlike a synchrom it's also not competitively legal. Cool, though, the way LDD/LDG are made makes their metal frame somewhat exploitable like that, though when 4D started takara really stopped trying to make illegal setups using legal parts impossible (though ED145/W130 and perseus did it earlier, thanks to the way metal frames are made, the 4D ones are much more overpowered, I guess).
(Aug. 10, 2012  5:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: It's still not a synchrom, and unlike a synchrom it's also not competitively legal. Cool, though, the way LDD/LDG are made makes their metal frame somewhat exploitable like that, though when 4D started takara really stopped trying to make illegal setups using legal parts impossible (though ED145/W130 and perseus did it earlier, thanks to the way metal frames are made, the 4D ones are much more overpowered, I guess).
And I found out how to make homemade BeyWheelz,how to make a BigBang Persues,and a bunch of other stuff.

(Aug. 10, 2012  4:23 PM)Ingulit Wrote: RANDOM TESTING ME GUSTA

Okay, yeah, to make a defensive spin stealer RDF is a must. Once you get it the difference will be night and day, RDF just straight-up never falls over. I've actually tried using RDF on an LDG spin stealer solely because it precesses so well, despite the rubber potentially hindering spin steal.

Currently I'm looking into ANTI-spin steal and RDF is being a champ, providing a solid amount of defense while also giving a custom an insane amount of precessing time. If I had two RDFs to test with I'd probably have posted a custom by now along these lines.

I've seen people use MLD BD145 before but I have to say I'm not a big fan of it myself. Mint Flash will KO it basically now matter what tip you use just because it's still too light, and BD's disk makes it harder to spin-steal against lower opponents since they won't hit MLD's rubber. On top of all that, it can't precess worth a darn either thanks to the spikes.

So, most of your testing was against Flash, yes? How'd the customs fare against more standard stamina/defense? Also, once you get Death you should try testing any spin stealers against it as for some reason Death has an uncanny ability to never lose a spin steal contest (remember that anti-spin-steal custom I was talking about? Yeah, Death plays center stage in that). If you come across a spin stealer that beats something like Death ____ (AD145/W145)WD then you're really on to something.

EDIT: Lol, I just realized this post gives away almost all of my anti-spin-steal custom, haha

If you're looking for counters to spin stealers, try MF(-H) Gravity Perseus CH120 WD/EWD. I've found that it's heavy enough to stop Meteo almost instantly, but light enough that in right spin, it can spin steal off of LDG/LDD customs. It gets KOed pretty easily, but it can beat every non-Attack custom I've thrown it against.

Ditto your edit Smile
(Aug. 10, 2012  4:23 PM)Ingulit Wrote: RANDOM TESTING ME GUSTA

Okay, yeah, to make a defensive spin stealer RDF is a must. Once you get it the difference will be night and day, RDF just straight-up never falls over. I've actually tried using RDF on an LDG spin stealer solely because it precesses so well, despite the rubber potentially hindering spin steal.

Currently I'm looking into ANTI-spin steal and RDF is being a champ, providing a solid amount of defense while also giving a custom an insane amount of precessing time. If I had two RDFs to test with I'd probably have posted a custom by now along these lines.

I've seen people use MLD BD145 before but I have to say I'm not a big fan of it myself. Mint Flash will KO it basically now matter what tip you use just because it's still too light, and BD's disk makes it harder to spin-steal against lower opponents since they won't hit MLD's rubber. On top of all that, it can't precess worth a darn either thanks to the spikes.

So, most of your testing was against Flash, yes? How'd the customs fare against more standard stamina/defense? Also, once you get Death you should try testing any spin stealers against it as for some reason Death has an uncanny ability to never lose a spin steal contest (remember that anti-spin-steal custom I was talking about? Yeah, Death plays center stage in that). If you come across a spin stealer that beats something like Death ____ (AD145/W145)WD then you're really on to something.

EDIT: Lol, I just realized this post gives away almost all of my anti-spin-steal custom, haha

Meteo L Drago BD145CS beats Phantom B: D, but I don't know whether it was a fluke or not, because Meteo beat it quite a couple of times. I didn't test against defense because Basalt was the best defense wheel I have, and my BD145CS was with the Meteo combo.
My Ultimate DX Set and Death Quetzalcoatl came! *happy dance*

(Aug. 10, 2012  4:23 PM)Ingulit Wrote: If you come across a spin stealer that beats something like Death ____ (AD145/W145)WD then you're really on to something.

I was trying to make a spin-stealer with my new L Drago Guardian, I tried L Drago Guardian DF105WD and after it tied 5 times with Death Aquario AD145WD, I stopped.

Also, I just noticed that DF105's wings face the left.
wtf takara, it's DF not QuadrupleLW
I really shouldn't be posting so many times in a row, but I think this should be enough content to warrant it.

Death (Attack) Pisces CH120/145MB

What I had in mind was a combo which grinds your opponent. And the heights really matter on this combo. Use CH145 when you battle BD145, and for some reason, CH120 does good against Phantom AD145WD, but not against Duo AD145WD.

I chose Death as it is kinda uneven in attack mode, so it can grind the opponent, I guess. Then Pisces is just to expose the spikes and not get in the way. Then CH120 as it can change the height which is very useful for this combo, and lastly MB because it has decent stamina and doesn't get knocked out as easily as WD. I was using RDF at first, but it had way to little stamina.

Death Pisces CH145MB vs. Duo (Stamina) Pegasus II BD145CS
DP CH145MB : 17 wins (17OS)
DP II BD145CS : 3 wins (3OS)
Death win rate : 85%

Death Pisces CH120MB vs. Phantom (Stamina) Cancer AD145WD
DP CH120MB : 12 wins (12OS)
PC AD145WD : 8 wins (8OS)
Death win rate : 60%

Death Pisces CH145MB vs. L Drago Guardian (Absorb) BD145RDF
DP CH145MB : 1 win (1OS)
LDG BD145RDF : 19 wins (19OS)
Death win rate : 5%

Death Pisces CH145MB vs. Duo (Stamina) Pegasus II AD145WD
DP CH145MB : 8 wins (8OS)
DP II AD145WD : 12 wins (8OS)
Death win rate : 40%

I guess this is a half success attempt at making a combo? Oh, and could someone help me test against Duo 230MB?
Look at you, testing stuff and all.
(Aug. 12, 2012  6:18 AM)Ladidumdum Wrote: Look at you, testing stuff and all.

Female version of Inguilt XD
I didn't know people on this site had genders. I thought we were all some random new species.

I think Fusion Hades, Meteo L-Drago, and L-Drago Destructor/Guardian should be counted as BeyWheelz. rubber and all??? ahaha.
(Aug. 12, 2012  6:26 AM)TriSix Wrote: I think Fusion Hades, Meteo L-Drago, and L-Drago Destructor/Guardian should be counted as BeyWheelz. rubber and all??? ahaha.
No. Beywheelz are in their own class of awesomeness. No beyblade can ever live up to their ranks!
(Aug. 12, 2012  6:32 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2012  6:26 AM)TriSix Wrote: I think Fusion Hades, Meteo L-Drago, and L-Drago Destructor/Guardian should be counted as BeyWheelz. rubber and all??? ahaha.
No. Beywheelz are in their own class of awesomeness. No beyblade can ever live up to their ranks!

I bet Kai-V will disagree...

But everyone loves Beywheelz more than regular beys! They outclass them in every single way!
Not performance-wise, of course, but they are fun to play with.
(Aug. 12, 2012  8:45 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: But everyone loves Beywheelz more than regular beys! They outclass them in every single way!

Oh man, I hope that was sarcastic.
A rolling wheel will never surpass a spinning top ...
(Aug. 12, 2012  1:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: A rolling wheel will never surpass a spinning top ...

amen to that sister! I mean I don't hate beywheelz but still if people think beywheelz are gonna overthrow beyblade...they got another thing coming..
On an unrelated note, apparently TAKARA-TOMY's fiscal year has a weak start. However, it is not because of Zero-G or anything : Transformers sales have also declined a lot. It is like nobody wants to buy toys anymore, hah.
(Aug. 12, 2012  1:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: A rolling wheel will never surpass a spinning top ...

BeyWheelz : They see me rollin', they hatin'.

I told you Insomniac she would disagree...
(Aug. 12, 2012  2:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: On an unrelated note, apparently TAKARA-TOMY's fiscal year has a weak start. However, it is not because of Zero-G or anything : Transformers sales have also declined a lot. It is like nobody wants to buy toys anymore, hah.

LOL! The last line is a classic!

Speaking of decrease in Beyblade sales, I always knew that it was gonna happen.
The worst move they made was putting Beyblade on a severely long hiatus. That was probably the time when all popularity went down completely. Instead of compensating for the loss of popularity during the HMS era, they closed down the market for what seemed like a century... :\

Transformers has pretty less scope for collection IMO, haha!
Unless one is a die-hard Transformers fan, it actually isn't necessary to get TOO many of those figures. They do not have any unique features; I mean most of them are similar to each other except for the few changes in design.
Comparing it to beyblade, each bey performs differently in a battle. Hence if anybody plays the game competitively, he'd need to stock up on most new releases...
I do not know much about Transformers though, so I'd quit nagging about it. However-
(Aug. 12, 2012  2:05 PM)Clonetos Wrote:

amen to that sister! I mean I don't hate beywheelz but still if people think beywheelz are gonna overthrow beyblade...they got another thing coming..

True dat! Beyblade wont die like this!
(Aug. 12, 2012  2:07 PM)Ickle Wrote: BeyWheelz : They see me rollin', they hatin'.
+1

They use tires for cars. Cars help transport over 1 billion people everyday, 24 hours a day. There are almost 600 million cars today and that is not even counting bicycles. Consensus is that wheels make the world spin round!

(Aug. 12, 2012  4:29 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Transformers has pretty less scope for collection IMO, haha!
Unless one is a die-hard Transformers fan, it actually isn't necessary to get TOO many of those figures. They do not have any unique features; I mean most of them are similar to each other except for the few changes in design.
Comparing it to beyblade, each bey performs differently in a battle. Hence if anybody plays the game competitively, he'd need to stock up on most new releases...
I do not know much about Transformers though, so I'd quit nagging about it. However-

You called for a transformers fan? Well you pretty much nailed it, they don't serve much of a purpose. I mean they all are sitting on a shelf collecting dust, haha.
(Aug. 12, 2012  8:18 PM)Insomniac Wrote: They use tires for cars. Cars help transport over 1 billion people everyday, 24 hours a day. There are almost 600 million cars today and that is not even counting bicycles. Consensus is that wheels make the world spin round!

Until hasbro makes beywheelz for cars that transport me to walmart, I vouch that spinning tops are better than rolling beywheels.

Random thought: Lol wouldn't it be cool to have "beyblade hubcaps"? Like the spirit shield and axle or whatever its called on the side of your tires? I would buy a pair. 0.0

I would buy Beyblade window decals :3
(Aug. 12, 2012  4:29 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: LOL! The last line is a classic!

Speaking of decrease in Beyblade sales, I always knew that it was gonna happen.
The worst move they made was putting Beyblade on a severely long hiatus. That was probably the time when all popularity went down completely. Instead of compensating for the loss of popularity during the HMS era, they closed down the market for what seemed like a century... :\

Transformers has pretty less scope for collection IMO, haha!

No no, you have not understood Beyblade's history at all. Takara had to suspend Beyblade production because its popularity was very low, not the contrary. It was probably way too low to be worth continuing (with Dragoon and the others).

Transformers sales from TAKARA-TOMY apparently rely mostly on exports, which does mean that, for some reason, Japan would be purchasing less toys lately ...