Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 14, 2012  3:56 AM)(Billy) Wrote:

What you're experiencing is Force Smash, and Phoenic's isn't very good. :\
I see what you mean now... For my Theory to work Pheonic would have to be facing as in the Top part of Synchrome but it is reversed under as the bottom for Force smash to be the only method. While if Pheonic was in the normal postion under the wheel which is not possible my theory had a chance but as it is, it's nothing more than force smash... time to get more idea cracking...
This is just ridiculous it been little over A YEAR AND A HALF since new hasbro stuff has come to my local store we still only have up to poison virgo at most and it has been like this SO LONG i hate it and hasbro needs to pick their act up.
Alright, so to start this post off, I will be talking about LAD. Both Right and Left Spin Beys can have it. In MFB, using a free spinning track such as TR145 works quite well as it can roll over. Now I thought about a combo that could potentially work. Free spinning tracks are great for LAD because when they roll on the floor when on a right-spin/left-spin combo, its actually spin equalizing with the stadium floor. This sounds crazy but happens because since the free spinning track spins in the same direction as the Bey, when it rolls over, the stadium floor is actually " moving" in the opposite direction. This is hard to explain but the Bey ends up regaining its overall balance thanks to its potential circular shape and the spin track free spinning ability.

This is just a random thought and I could be completely wrong. However, the I combo I had in mind had to do with combining TR145 with MB. The reason I thought of this set-up was because MB has a high tilt. Combining this with TR145 's rolling ability on the floor can potentially add more LAD to a combo.

I definitely would use the heaviest possible face and wheel combination which is MSF-H Dragooon Dragooon. The reasoning behind this is that I'll have higher chances of surviving in a battle versus an attack type if I'm heavier.

Dragooon Dragooon can spin equalize efficiently and effectively and so this combo should be able to OS defense types effectively. Since MB moves a bit more when it gets worn, it can OS a stamina type or potentially even KO it.

So, the combo I thought of is: MSF-H Dragooon Dragooon TR145 MB
Interesting. Smile

I think that Metal Dranzer's AR would have excellent survival ability in left spin.
It does have zombie use in left spin.
I just won an Advance Averager for 11 bucks, NIB. Sweet.
hws the hasbro scythe? i might get it. is it legal?
(Aug. 15, 2012  3:06 PM)Bazooka Wrote: hws the hasbro scythe? i might get it. is it legal?

All parts released by Hasbro are legal.
(Aug. 15, 2012  3:06 PM)Bazooka Wrote: hws the hasbro scythe? i might get it. is it legal?

You can check its testing thread....
Summary- It sucks.
So far, the main Hasbro wheel that's proven to have even a sliver of use is Cosmic, no? I remember reading that, but the results rarely went over 60% in its thread.
(Aug. 16, 2012  2:34 PM)Temporal Wrote: So far, the main Hasbro wheel that's proven to have even a sliver of use is Cosmic, no? I remember reading that, but the results rarely went over 60% in its thread.

Yes, it is.

Even though the results rarely went over sixty percent, it has been deemed as the best Attack wheel available to Hasbro. Weight is still an issue I believe... Its not too heavy...
However, even at that low weight, it has been said to have more aggression than Flash. If you'd read people's posts; they say that the KOs were wild. It KOed things further than a Flash did.

Even though the overall results weren't inspiring, it certainly is promising. Smile

Never a replacement for Flash, but probably a substitute for Flash for Hasbro bladers(as of now).
Hopefully, not all Hasbro wheels are miserable. I'm actually pulling for Phantom to be decent. At least as useful as Burn, hopefully more. Looks like as far as Hasbro is concerned, Basalt remains king.

Also: Break out the R145/S130RF combos, hah!
(Aug. 16, 2012  2:43 PM)Temporal Wrote: Hopefully, not all Hasbro wheels are miserable. I'm actually pulling for Phantom to be decent. At least as useful as Burn, hopefully more. Looks like as far as Hasbro is concerned, Basalt remains king.

Also: Break out the R145/S130RF combos, hah!

Yes, Basalt does continue to rule...
While Gravity and Cosmic do have the potential to KO this thing, Hasbro stadiums do not allow the use of Attackers.
As Basalt remains the supreme Defense/Stamina wheel, there's no doubt in it being the current ruler.
Only if it wouldn't grind away the opponent's Stamina... Hell would've been better... Argh!
Even in BB-10s, in some metagames you get a LOAD of Hasbro-bladers, so you almost know exactly what to expect. Know your local metagame; it will help.

Also: I wonder if in the areas where Takara-Tomy beyblades aren't common S130 and R145 attack combos will become more common because of the lack of weight from Hasbro wheels...
(Aug. 16, 2012  2:34 PM)Temporal Wrote: So far, the main Hasbro wheel that's proven to have even a sliver of use is Cosmic, no? I remember reading that, but the results rarely went over 60% in its thread.
Definition:Hasbro SUCKS

(Aug. 16, 2012  3:10 PM)Temporal Wrote: Even in BB-10s, in some metagames you get a LOAD of Hasbro-bladers, so you almost know exactly what to expect. Know your local metagame; it will help.

Also: I wonder if in the areas where Takara-Tomy beyblades aren't common S130 and R145 attack combos will become more common because of the lack of weight from Hasbro wheels...

I myself am a Hasbro blader, haha! Grin
I know my local metagame quite well too, which was dominated by Earth for the most part... Things may change now, though!
Seriously though, Basalt is the only competitively viable wheel(in today's 40+ metagame; which is rapidly shifting to 50-60+ metagame thanks to Zero-G) made available to Hasbro bladers, usable in BB-10s...
Its a rather sad state, but yeah.

I also like that theory of S130/R145 Attack combos becoming more popular among Hasbro bladers. R145 is a classic anyway, so that has already earned its fair share of popularity(especially because of its use in ant-attack). S130 is one part that's yet to have its role in the Hasbro meta...
It'd get to it soon enough, though! S130 is a great height for Flash, but I wonder if the same holds true for other Attack wheels too...
I've always been an S130 fanatic so I put it on pretty much everything. I think S130 was one of my favorite tracts for perseus and variares. Not to low but not to high.

Also Jan, I don't have a hasbro stadium to confirm this, but I was battling in my friend's one time. I had a tough time koing Meteo L Drago CH120EWD. It kept bouncing off the walls above the pockets and back into play. Do you think we could use it as a counter to high smash attackers? XD
(Aug. 16, 2012  3:14 PM)Kid Death Wrote:
Definition:Hasbro SUCKS

Actually, there is talk of Cosmic being better than Big Bang.

On the S130/R145 note, I was thinking about the weight. Since Duo is not a super-threat in early rounds in a lot of tournaments in some places, I think it could do well in certain metagames. Like how some combos were more common in Italy than in the States, some states could focus on heavy tracks because of the excessive Basalt use. And things like MF or XF would become a LOT ore useful. That could definitely come in handy. Theory like this makes things fun. It's not just the combos anymore. The metagame and area you live in matters a lot.
On the topic of Hasbro-

Why does Basalt dominate in Hasbro, when, from my experience, it has a glaring weakness to Earth? I understand that Earth would probalby get KOed by Cosmic, but it shreds Basalt, chews it up, spits it out and parks its car on top of it. I know that Basalt beats everything else, but it was the same with Earth (destabilizers were made to beat Earth, IIRC.)
Well, Earth is largely used on higher tracks. In Earth-based LTSCs, it can indeed be annoying, but on the other hand, not every Basalt combo is equal. Basalt ___ BD145RF, for instance, can KO Earth. On MF, an OS win for Basalt isn't that far-fetched. Besides. People get carried away with Basalt anyway.
Even Basalt and Earth won't really do much at some point. It seems like the trend with Beyblades is that the wheels keep getting heavier.
But the average North American does not have those parts heavier than Basalt. That's the whole point. Can a different metagame be building slowly based on Hasbro's less-than-stellar releases? As far as Hasbro is concerned, even in a BB-10, Basalt is still the king. In other words, with Hasbro beyblades getting lighter, will a different approach be successful against other Hasbro-only users in lieu of access to Flash? Maybe MF Cosmic ____R145/S130RF/MF will do.
Ive been seeing fake beyblades at 711's in my neiborhood recently. Its from Rapidity.
My Kerbecs CW is only 3 grams even.

I guess that's what I get for buying Hasbro carp.