Beyblade MMORPG/ONRPG

Hey guys. My name is Zero. I couldnt think of a better place to post this so here it is. I am developing a beyblade mmo right now and just need some programming help and a little spriting help also. Let me explain about the game. WARNING!! LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEXT! and Graphics are at the bottom!

Name: Blader Legends Online

Story: Thousands of years ago, war ravished the earth. This war had created a lot of pain and suffering throughout the land. There were 2 sides. The elementalist, and the Tamers. Elementalists used the powers of the different element such as Fire, water, earth, wind, lightning, and the forbidden, darkness. Tamers used the powers of the Animal spirits they controlled. Because they were so evenly matched, the war waged for centuries. Fighters used weapons know as Blades. Blades were just like swords however each individual blade was not like a regular sword and it they all had a special emblem embedded into them. Both sides had control of this power.

100 years before the current era, a man who went by the name "Zetsumei" appeared from the shadows possessing the unparalleled power of Darkness. He was a man born into the element states but due to the war, had lost his family and found himself at the Tamer states at a young age. His youth allowed him to not arouse any suspicion when he appeared at the tamer states wounded. He was trained in the ways of Taming before he went rogue and disappeared from the world for 10 years.
With his return, he brought the power of a great beast and the forbidden element. With this power of his, he was able to single-handedly wipe out towns and cities of anyone that stood in his way. His goal was to take over and end the war while pulling the world into an era of complete darkness.
Along came a man by the name of "Mikomi" just as the world was losing all hope. He, like Zetsumei, had gone through the same struggles throughout life and had also learned of a way to control both the elements and the beasts. However, he did not stand alone. He came along with 4 others and they called themselves the Ketteiteki. Due to the fact that they did not cling to their power and they allowed themselves to grow, they were able to unlock the divine power of the emblem that was marked on their blades. The energy released was so powerful that it created a spinning force. The force then solidified into what is known as a Beyblade. These Ketteiteki used the power of their elements, beasts and beyblades and put it it all together to destroy the kingdom of darkness Zetsumei was trying to create. These warriors ushered in a new era of peace with their beyblades and inspired others to find the true powers that lie withing themselves and their blades.

Decades later everyone uses beyblades, and due to the connection of the two warring sides during the battle against Zetsumei, everyone is now able to use elements and battle with Bit Beasts. There is still the lingering hatred that was left behind by Zetsumei in his sealed blade lost somewhere at sea. The hatred and power left behind is one to push the world into another great war, and it has now been found by a man named Chigiri.

Begin Blader Legends

In this game, you learn of the Legends that surround beyblades, the elements, and bit beasts as you grow and learn more about yourself and your blader spirit.

You will create your own character, and start the game. You will start in one of the three states. You must first enroll in the Beyblade academy. Passing the academy in like doing a tutorial. You will learn things from the npc's. There will be 5 grades. Each grade teaches you something new.
Grade 1 - Teaches you about launching your blade and how to control it and train it.
Grade 2 - teaches you about techniques and the different skills you can use with your blade.
Grade 3 - Teaches you about blade customization and what parts would help what stat.
Grade 4 - Teaches you about bit beats. How to get one, how they can help you improve your stats and so on.
Grade 5 - Teaches you about Blade elements. Elements to adapt your bit beast to or just to make your blade stronger if you dont have a bit beast.

After you are learning from each grade you must take an exam to ensure you learned what you should have. The academy is not mandatory but while being enrolled you will learn alot more and exp will be easier to get.

Once you have completed the academy, You can blade for money, enter tournaments, create a team of bladers, and just explore the beyblade world.

Graphics - This is probably what most people are looking forward to. I have completed a base, and i have alot floor tiles completed and i'm starting on buildings. I need help mostly on spriting the clothing, onto the base, and i'm going to start with the spriting of beyblades soon. along with launchers and such.

[Image: mockupbeyblademmo.png]

Thats just a mockup to show a little of how things will be like. This should not be like the final copy.
well ask questions and such. i want to hear your feed back. and Dont hate please, just trying to have some fun

FOR ALL INFO ON THE GAME AND DEVELOPMENT, GO TO: http://w11.zetaboards.com/BladerLegendsOnline/index/

[Image: blo.png]
Okay I hate double posting but i just want to give an update as to progress. I am a one man team but i work fast.
Graphics Completed:
Poses
Walking
sitting
jumping
Picking up the blade
Launching the blade
running
and Defeat.
I'm pretty sure those are all the poses i need.
next is Hair, i have 3 different hairs completed for the whole base.
Element effects - I have Lightning, and Fire, completed!
Beyblade Template completed.
Tiles
Grass, Sand, water, gravel, mud, pavement/concrete, hills, snow, cave, winter tree, benches, and yea.
I'll try to keep you guys updated and, also i might start my own forum so i dont bother this one. so stay tuned.
nice im gana play it when it comes out or you gana have a donador gear
thx, whats a Donador Gear?
like if you pay you get some stuf
sorry for the 2 post but ist like i give you 20$ i can get some stuff like a rare bey or something like that like a membership in runescape
when i go to town il get a 25 visa and make donation on the project o are the beys mfb hms or plastic
oh, naww everything is free, however, if you would like to donate to help support the game server and the game, thats fine by me. But making money isnt why i am making the game.
Its a Sad day when i have to Double post. Warning Large amounts of text!
Just another update
Bit Beasts
A Bit-Beast is a powerful animal spirit that can inhabit a beyblade. Bit-beasts differ in size and shape and have different attacks.
There are different types of Bit Beasts. Cyber bit beast, Ascended Bit Beast, Dark Bit beast, and Normal Bit Beasts.
A Normal Bit Beast is gained through a mission or in rpg terms, a quest. In the begining of your mission you are asked a few questions about what type of animal you would like to become partners with. every animal has a different location. Depending on its specialty. The animals range from realistic to mystical. From Tiger to Pegasus. You search for the location where the Beast spirit lives. Once you have found the beast, you awaken its slumber. The Creature instantly transforms into beyblade form. That is when you must launch your beyblade. Depending on if the beast specializes on endurance or attack or defense, it might attack immedietely or defend and wait for you to lose your rotation. When you battle the beast, it will be incredibly strong. You must use the knowledge taught at the beyblade academy and your exp battling beyblades to find an alternative to defeat the beast. If you loose to the beast, there is a 50% chance your blade will be shattered, and your character will black out and return to the nearest hospitol. If you manage to win, the beast will turn into a sealing mark on the floor. You must then spin into the seal to ensure the beast is sealed withing your Blade bit. Once you spin into the seal a bright light will appear and the bit beast is yours. You are then given a chance to name your bit beast. you then leave the area. Once you have left you can never return, or even enter any other beast location.

Dark Bit Beasts are a stronger and evil version of your regular bit beast. To have a dark bit beast you must already posses a bit beast and must find a Kurai Shiki base. When found you will be asked if you would want to gain Tremendous power. If you say no you will have to battle them and you wont win. They have designed the stadium so that only a dark bit beast can win. If yes you are then taken to a stadium. You are taught that every bit beast has 2 sides. Light and dark. When you first fight the bit beast, it is easier for you to win against it because it is also having a battle against itself. To get the dark bit beast you must battle the light part of the bit beast. You are taken to a stadium underground that is used specifically to battle the light side of the bit beast. You Must win. If you lose, your bit beast becomes weaker. But you can still try to fight the light side again. If you win, your bit beast gains a huge power boost in all stats. You will then be capable of learning dark skills that you couldnt learn because the good side was stopping you.

Ascended Bit beast are the stronger but Greater version of your regular beast. You must go through the same steps as getting a dark beast, but instead you must find a Ketteiteki shrine and tell a priest you would like to abolish all of the evil from your beyblade. He will then take you into a room on the highest floor of the shrine. There you will battle the dark side of your bit beast. if you loose, you do not become weaker or stronger, and can try again anytime. But if you win, You gain a power boost in all stats also. The boost is not as great as the Dark side but there are alot more skills you will be able to learn than the dark side would be.

Cyber Bit beasts are the cyber version of any bit beast. You cannot have a cyber bit beast if you clam any other type of bit beast. To gain one, you must head to a blade lab. head to the lowest floor. You will then meet a proffesor. He will explain to you about the history of the cyber bit beasts. He will then run some tests on you. Once test are complete, you will then be tested on how well your blading skills are(battle the professior). If you win or last x amount of time against him, he will give you a cyber bit beast of your choice. The Cyber Bit beast will be weaker than regular bit beast but gain more exp faster than any other type of bit beast. So it is possible for one to become stronger. There is no good or bad side of this bit beast so you automatically have access to every skill if you have reached the prerequisites. Also Cyber Bit beast cannot gain an element adaptation.

Each has its own positive and Negative aspects. Which will you pick?
ahaha!!! Have fun
And please gimme feedback, i need to know what you guys like about it and what could be better and so on.
nice but you really should make the game first instead of starting on the story : )
also your not the only one with a Beyblade MMORPG ; )
on a last note i would really need of someone to handle the sprite parts of Beyblade Gravity : )
And i need someone to handle the programming part of Last Blader Tongue_out, you have your own mmo?
yeah beyblade gravity and most of the programming is done for V1
and i got a topic here for beyblade gravity so search if you can : )
Do you have msn? If so add me ___________
ok then : )
Alright guys welcome back. Update number 3.
so theres a 50% chance i'm going to be merging with beyblade gravity to get the game done faster but anyways let me explain training.

Training
In this game, you dont go into the wild or a forest, find 'Bandits' or wild animals to fight and deafeat to get stronger. No grinding. In this game, once you have a beyblade it starts off at lvl one with 30-60 seconds of spin. There will be dojo's and Training facilities to help you train each stat. Attack, Endurance, and Defence. If you are even in all three fields your blade is classified as a combination type. You gain exp whenever your blade hits an object(excluding another player). Depending on what stat you try and strengthen will help the lenght of time you spin. training strength increases your blades capabitlity to damage an opponent or the environment. You can test your blades strength with trees. If you rip your blade against a tree, if stong enough to take all the damage away from the tree the tree will be cut down. You can train power on trees and on wooden dummies or even against other bladers. You can train endurance by riping into the grass or sand, or even water. Your blade will spin longer than most. And defense is trained by taking damage and repairing your blade.
How to spin your blade you ask? easy. You hit the Launch key, probably L and you click onto the spot you want your blade to land on. Once you have done so, the beyblades view will become your view and you control the blade with the arrow keys. Blade speed, will be determined by your endurance, and Power level.
The three stats = Attack, Endurance, Defense, Each stat levels up individually because you might not train them the same way. The stat at the highest level determines what type your bey is. If they are the same level, your bey is a combination type(i think i said that already >.> becoming redundant). Your Blade level is An overall level that every blader can see if they look at your info. They will not be able to see what level your stats are at though. Bit beasts are gained through the overall level. once you have reached the level and completed a certain task that you gain the bit beast. To return the blade you just hit the R key. And you have complete control of your human character again.
Now heres a little mockup i made. updates without graphics are kinda lame Tongue_out
[Image: Battleinparkmockup.png]
Peace and feedback
Looks pretty good!
MFB, HMS or Plastics?
i have decided that is is going to me HMS. MFB doesnt seem that awesome to me yet and plastics are waay too weak. Do you think you would play?
I would play, but how about using the old bit beasts mixed with new ones? HMS has random chips like samurai and einstein etc.
Lol, uhm the bit beasts in this are just like the ones you would find in metal fusion or Grevolution. But you unlock and name your own bit beast. they will look like nothing from the ones in the series
cool looks really awesome is it out? it looks great infact a bit better then beybladebattles.com.
i posted the link to this page on 5 other websites they all love it
Any updates about the game? Im really looking forward to you completing this game. Btw how are you going about with the blades are you creating your blade at the begining while your creating your character or will you be given a choice of blades?
Looking pretty good, waiting for the next update.
preety nice story line make some more extra game only blades
This looks absolutely fantastic. Do you need any help at all (mapping, scripting, spriting)?
This looks very well designed but I have a suggestion about the Bit-Beast's why not have something like a Mastery feature every time you use your bit-beast in a battle the Mastery gains 1% and when at 100% You've mastered your bit-beast and the bit-beast would now be able too have a special skill unlocked or maybe something along those lines.

I was also thinking it could have a Friendship % and it can only be mastered by battling and executing skills you've learned same thing as Mastery you gain 1% but when it's at 100% your Bit-Beast is able to have a Keep on going skill which enables your Bit-Beast to keep on fighting when its hit by an attack that could end the match your given an option to keep on going which somehow double its stats and gain all its stamina back for a minute or soo.
(Remember these are just suggestions not saying you should do it or not just thought it would be a nice idea thanks you even take the time to read this Zero or anyone else ^^)
I can't wait to get on it sound really good