Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #21 (August 14, 2020)

(Aug. 16, 2020  6:26 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  5:40 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well I think that everyone is jumping the boat too soon, lean has just been introduced in the anime and they had to show he was strong. I think we need to give the anime some time at least to develop a backstory for lean. I agree right now it doesn’t make sense at all as to how he defeated 3 legends at once, however if they can develop a back story for lean it would be great and I feel they are building towards just that. One possible backstory I have in mind is that he was inspired by Phi as a child and was terribly dissatisfied with Phi’s loss against Aiga and swore revenge.
What do you guys think Zeutron aadi Lui snoc @Admiral W.
(P.s how does one quote ppl with spaces in their profile name)

To be honest, I think Lane turns evil/is turning evil for the same reasons Shu previously did. We know that all bladers beyblade to have fun and win right? Indeed, but some desire this sensation of victory a little more than others. Based on this, I believe Lane started out just like all other bladers; having fun, battling with others, bonding with his bey all while growing stronger. Soon enough Lane learns that he is very special because he is very naturally talented at beyblade and he also realizes that he has crazy potential as well. As a result Lane grows more interested and committed to blading causing him to grow more powerful. Despite this however, Lane soon starts to become particularly obsessed with winning and begins to express distaste with losing to the point where he completely disregards the fun of beyblading in favour of the satisfaction of winning and being superior to those around him. This begins to take a slow toll on Lane causing him to become overly serious and distant from the people around him while he embraces his negative and aggressive emotions to make his bond with Lucifer stronger
which (as well all know) in turn, causes Lucifer to follow Lane‘s dark path as well. A short while after Lane has started blading like this, Shu discovers Lane at the New York tournament and you know the rest. Despite his fall to the dark path we can see that Lane isn’t completely evil since he cares for his hedgehog.
That makes a lot of sense tbh. If they can elaborate on this it would be extremely interesting to see a beyblade villan who is complex( like Brooklyn)
(Aug. 16, 2020  6:26 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  5:40 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well I think that everyone is jumping the boat too soon, lean has just been introduced in the anime and they had to show he was strong. I think we need to give the anime some time at least to develop a backstory for lean. I agree right now it doesn’t make sense at all as to how he defeated 3 legends at once, however if they can develop a back story for lean it would be great and I feel they are building towards just that. One possible backstory I have in mind is that he was inspired by Phi as a child and was terribly dissatisfied with Phi’s loss against Aiga and swore revenge.

To be honest, I think Lane turns evil/is turning evil for the same reasons Shu previously did. We know that all bladers beyblade to have fun and win right? Indeed, but some desire this sensation of victory a little more than others. Based on this, I believe Lane started out just like all other bladers; having fun, battling with others, bonding with his bey all while growing stronger. Soon enough Lane learns that he is very special because he is very naturally talented at beyblade and he also realizes that he has crazy potential as well. As a result Lane grows more interested and committed to blading causing him to grow more powerful. Despite this however, Lane soon starts to become particularly obsessed with winning and begins to express distaste with losing to the point where he completely disregards the fun of beyblading in favour of the satisfaction of winning and being superior to those around him. This begins to take a slow toll on Lane causing him to become overly serious and distant from the people around him while he embraces his negative and aggressive emotions to make his bond with Lucifer stronger
which (as well all know) in turn, causes Lucifer to follow Lane‘s dark path as well. A short while after Lane has started blading like this, Shu discovers Lane at the New York tournament and you know the rest. Despite his fall to the dark path we can see that Lane isn’t completely evil since he cares for his hedgehog.
Ok ok ik he's not evil but let's say if he was, caring about a pet doesn't really change that.
(Aug. 16, 2020  6:44 AM)kimeru Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  6:26 AM)Zeutron Wrote: To be honest, I think Lane turns evil/is turning evil for the same reasons Shu previously did. We know that all bladers beyblade to have fun and win right? Indeed, but some desire this sensation of victory a little more than others. Based on this, I believe Lane started out just like all other bladers; having fun, battling with others, bonding with his bey all while growing stronger. Soon enough Lane learns that he is very special because he is very naturally talented at beyblade and he also realizes that he has crazy potential as well. As a result Lane grows more interested and committed to blading causing him to grow more powerful. Despite this however, Lane soon starts to become particularly obsessed with winning and begins to express distaste with losing to the point where he completely disregards the fun of beyblading in favour of the satisfaction of winning and being superior to those around him. This begins to take a slow toll on Lane causing him to become overly serious and distant from the people around him while he embraces his negative and aggressive emotions to make his bond with Lucifer stronger
Ok ok ik he's not evil but let's say if he was, caring about a pet doesn't really change that.

I mean, that’s a good point but I do think it at least brings out a more humane side in a villainous character.

That's a good idea, I like how it's similar to Kylo Ren from Star Wars. But if he had a grudge against Aiga, he would have gone after him first. I feel beyblade is too lazy to give him an arc, and think that bringing all pros back will make us watch this series. But I ain't doing this all over again. The last character I liked was Shu in S2. After that, nothing. So it automatically creates a sense of doubt about this. I have a feeling they are not doing anything.

I'm willing to wait and see if they do indeed actually develop him. They didn't do so with Phi. Arthur got a little. We knew he wanted to change the current system of Beyblade so we knew his goal, but why he wanted to do that was a mystery. Right now all we know is that Lean wants to battle the Legends and eventually defeat Shu, but we have no idea why.
(Aug. 16, 2020  7:41 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

I'm willing to wait and see if they do indeed actually develop him. They didn't do so with Phi. Arthur got a little. We knew he wanted to change the current system of Beyblade so we knew his goal, but why he wanted to do that was a mystery. Right now all we know is that Lean wants to battle the Legends and eventually defeat Shu, but we have no idea why.

Well to be the best duh...xD
(Aug. 16, 2020  10:56 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  7:41 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm willing to wait and see if they do indeed actually develop him. They didn't do so with Phi. Arthur got a little. We knew he wanted to change the current system of Beyblade so we knew his goal, but why he wanted to do that was a mystery. Right now all we know is that Lean wants to battle the Legends and eventually defeat Shu, but we have no idea why.

Well to be the best duh...xD

It's seems kinda nebulous.
R.I.P Lean won I didn't expect that