Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #21 (August 14, 2020)

Well that was pretty stupid. At least it's not as bad as when Phi bursted 10 beys at once at the cruise, but this was still an incredibly unsatisfying conclusion and hardly a battle royale.
Why doesn’t anyone think of using a attack from the sky?
I don't know how I fell about the episode I didn't hated but it's nothing special which it should be . looks the half length episode effects is starting.
(Aug. 14, 2020  5:05 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Why doesn’t anyone think of using a attack from the sky?

Lol trust me when Aiga goes against Lean he is gonna use Infinite Dive xD.

+ my prediction was right Lean won this battle which is really surprising. I'm betting Hyuga will win next episode.
I'm quitting watching Beyblade anime, its too predictable. I can predict the whole thing right now. I'm not wasting my time on this. They're ruining people like Drum and Lui and Sisco for the sake of a newbie, who's gonna end up losing to the weakest people in the tournament.
Every season is the same thing, a villain rises, he's too strong, protagonists make themselves better and beat them. Why isn't it different? This whole thing sucks imo.
(Aug. 14, 2020  6:53 PM)Aadi Lui Wrote: I'm quitting watching Beyblade anime, its too predictable. I can predict the whole thing right now. I'm not wasting my time on this. They're ruining people like Drum and Lui and Sisco for the sake of a newbie, who's gonna end up losing to the weakest people in the tournament.
Every season is the same thing, a villain rises, he's too strong, protagonists make themselves better and beat them. Why isn't it different? This whole thing sucks imo.

What you're saying about the villain rising and the protagonists improving is the same for every single shonen anime. Don't single Beyblade out. And this newbie has been trained by Shu, second to Valt himself, so it wasn't absolutely terrible he won.
(Aug. 14, 2020  7:02 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2020  6:53 PM)Aadi Lui Wrote: I'm quitting watching Beyblade anime, its too predictable. I can predict the whole thing right now. I'm not wasting my time on this. They're ruining people like Drum and Lui and Sisco for the sake of a newbie, who's gonna end up losing to the weakest people in the tournament.

What you're saying about the villain rising and the protagonists improving is the same for every single shonen anime. Don't single Beyblade out. And this newbie has been trained by Shu, second to Valt himself, so it wasn't absolutely terrible he won.
It wasn't like this was some regular win, but I see where you're coming from. I kinda expected this to happen, but I was mainly hype for seeing the character interactions since some of these guys haven't met in person in the anime until now. I more hyped for the tag battle and the battles between older characters. The newer characters are ok, but I tend to appreciate characters like Aiga more after their main character/villain reign.

Especially hyped for the next episode. Lane may be cool, but he is a bit too op.
(Aug. 14, 2020  7:02 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote:

Atleast in other anime, the villain atleast has some arc, in beyblade, everyone is just hellbent on destroying the world. Same old story again and again. What's the point? What is so different about Lean? We saw Arthur destroying world champ, Phi destroying everyone, what's the point of this? Same old story again and again. Beyblade's creative isn't as good. Atleast other villains like Tomura Shigaraki or Dio have arcs, these guys have nothing. Phi was completely unknown, we didnt even know his backstory. Same was with Arthur, what is this? Watching the same thing again and again. Lean comes outta nowhere and beats a veteran like Lui who has been training for what like 7-8 years. I'm done.
(Aug. 15, 2020  5:50 AM)Aadi Lui Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2020  7:02 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote: What you're saying about the villain rising and the protagonists improving is the same for every single shonen anime. Don't single Beyblade out. And this newbie has been trained by Shu, second to Valt himself, so it wasn't absolutely terrible he won.

Atleast in other anime, the villain atleast has some arc, in beyblade, everyone is just hellbent on destroying the world. Same old story again and again. What's the point? What is so different about Lean? We saw Arthur destroying world champ, Phi destroying everyone, what's the point of this? Same old story again and again. Beyblade's creative isn't as good. Atleast other villains like Tomura Shigaraki or Dio have arcs, these guys have nothing. Phi was completely unknown, we didnt even know his backstory. Same was with Arthur, what is this? Watching the same thing again and again. Lean comes outta nowhere and beats a veteran like Lui who has been training for what like 7-8 years. I'm done.

Well he's gotta win something. If Lane just lost every battle he wouldn't really be an antagonist. Since one of the themes of this show is the legends, it makes since that the antagonist would beat them, showing off his powers. I get what you're trying to say about Lui, but being veteran blader doesn't make him an invincible one. Lane had the advantage here if you think about it. First Lucifer is a defense type going up against an attack type. Second, Lui was caught off guard by Lane who just interrupted his match with Hyuga. Lui was getting pretty serious against Hyuga, so he had to have been a bit worn out. Third, this was the first time Lui faced a barrier like that. There are somethings you can't prepare for even if you train for 7-8 years. A barrier that doubles the size of the bey is one of those things.
Also, we kind of already know Lane's backstory. He's a rookie blader in New York who developed the first Sparking Bey and defeated everyone in his path. He wasn't satisfied and wanted more. He wanted someone to challenge him at the time. One day, Shu saw him battling and saw his old self in Lane, so he took him to the New York Bulls and told him he would do exactly everything he says. Shu did this to get Lane out of his deep hole of darkness. After some time he noticed that the only thing the training did was make Lane even stronger and more evil. So, he took him to battle Free, who had Geist Fafnir at the time. It was a cho-z bey versus a sparking bey. Lane broke Fafnir, giving him more confidence and increasing his "flare" and it has been growing ever since. If that's not enough of a background story, I don't know what is. With the knowledge of Lane's background I think it's safe to say that he isn't like the other burst antagonists. And we're only on episode 21, so you don't know what Lane will do or who he will become until the end. So to me it looks like nothing is getting repeated.
(Aug. 15, 2020  7:57 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2020  5:50 AM)Aadi Lui Wrote: Atleast in other anime, the villain atleast has some arc, in beyblade, everyone is just hellbent on destroying the world. Same old story again and again. What's the point? What is so different about Lean? We saw Arthur destroying world champ, Phi destroying everyone, what's the point of this? Same old story again and again. Beyblade's creative isn't as good. Atleast other villains like Tomura Shigaraki or Dio have arcs, these guys have nothing. Phi was completely unknown, we didnt even know his backstory. Same was with Arthur, what is this? Watching the same thing again and again. Lean comes outta nowhere and beats a veteran like Lui who has been training for what like 7-8 years. I'm done.

Well he's gotta win something. If Lane just lost every battle he wouldn't really be an antagonist. Since one of the themes of this show is the legends, it makes since that the antagonist would beat them, showing off his powers. I get what you're trying to say about Lui, but being veteran blader doesn't make him an invincible one. Lane had the advantage here if you think about it. First Lucifer is a defense type going up against an attack type. Second, Lui was caught off guard by Lane who just interrupted his match with Hyuga. Lui was getting pretty serious against Hyuga, so he had to have been a bit worn out. Third, this was the first time Lui faced a barrier like that. There are somethings you can't prepare for even if you train for 7-8 years. A barrier that doubles the size of the bey is one of those things.
Also, we kind of already know Lane's backstory. He's a rookie blader in New York who developed the first Sparking Bey and defeated everyone in his path. He wasn't satisfied and wanted more. He wanted someone to challenge him at the time. One day, Shu saw him battling and saw his old self in Lane, so he took him to the New York Bulls and told him he would do exactly everything he says. Shu did this to get Lane out of his deep hole of darkness. After some time he noticed that the only thing the training did was make Lane even stronger and more evil. So, he took him to battle Free, who had Geist Fafnir at the time. It was a cho-z bey versus a sparking bey. Lane broke Fafnir, giving him more confidence and increasing his "flare" and it has been growing ever since. If that's not enough of a background story, I don't know what is. With the knowledge of Lane's background I think it's safe to say that he isn't like the other burst antagonists. And we're only on episode 21, so you don't know what Lane will do or who he will become until the end. So to me it looks like nothing is getting repeated.

In the end he's a bad antagonist.
(Aug. 15, 2020  8:44 PM)kimeru Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2020  7:57 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote: Well he's gotta win something. If Lane just lost every battle he wouldn't really be an antagonist. Since one of the themes of this show is the legends, it makes since that the antagonist would beat them, showing off his powers. I get what you're trying to say about Lui, but being veteran blader doesn't make him an invincible one. Lane had the advantage here if you think about it. First Lucifer is a defense type going up against an attack type. Second, Lui was caught off guard by Lane who just interrupted his match with Hyuga. Lui was getting pretty serious against Hyuga, so he had to have been a bit worn out. Third, this was the first time Lui faced a barrier like that. There are somethings you can't prepare for even if you train for 7-8 years. A barrier that doubles the size of the bey is one of those things.

In the end he's a bad antagonist.

What makes him a bad antagonist? And also in your opinion what makes a good antagonist if Lane is a bad one?
(Aug. 15, 2020  11:05 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2020  8:44 PM)kimeru Wrote: In the end he's a bad antagonist.

What makes him a bad antagonist? And also in your opinion what makes a good antagonist if Lane is a bad one?

An antagonist that actually has problems or an antagonist that actually feels human or isn't super predictable, tell me how much do you know about his personality other that he's calm sometimes and he's angry when battling or he has a soft side for his hedgehog? Really interesting antagonists are ones who can do things to surprise you or ones who can lose from time to time and show actual motivation to get stronger and ones who actually show growth and that's not even it , it's also the fact that all bursts antagonists have become too similar to the point where you can easily predict how they'll be beat. So tell me exactly what you enjoy about Lane and what makes him a good character.
I mean all Lean really wants is to be the best and defeat all legendary bladers there is no bad thing about that but he seems to break beys which I mean he did it to Ragnaruk so that Hyuga can get in there is that but I still don't think he is the final antagonist like I said multiple times.
(Aug. 16, 2020  1:24 AM)kimeru Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2020  11:05 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote: What makes him a bad antagonist? And also in your opinion what makes a good antagonist if Lane is a bad one?

An antagonist that actually has problems or an antagonist that actually feels human or isn't super predictable, tell me how much do you know about his personality other that he's calm sometimes and he's angry when battling or he has a soft side for his hedgehog? Really interesting antagonists are ones who can do things to surprise you or ones who can lose from time to time and show actual motivation to get stronger and ones who actually show growth and that's not even it , it's also the fact that all bursts antagonists have become too similar to the point where you can easily predict how they'll be beat. So tell me exactly what you enjoy about Lane and what makes him a good character.
I understand where you are coming from. However, for me, I enjoy seeing most of the growth and progression from the protagonists. The antagonist is the one who truly challenges the protags and causes them to surpass their abilities and grow even more. I see a good antagonist as one who has a serious internal struggle, but takes it out on people externally. I think Lane does that pretty well. All he wants to do be challenged and improve his abilities, thus growing his "flare." He's willing to do that no matter what (he won't care if both your bey and arm are broken, he only cares about his own goals, poor Ranjiro lol). Something specific to Lane that I enjoyed seeing was his sudden rise. In the manga he went from rank 481 to 5 in one day, then to A rank 1 the next day. I also likes how he gets the legends serious. We get to see things from them (and in Free's case different sides of them) we haven't seen before. Don't you like seeing that? To me, an enjoyable antagonist is one who, from his initial debut, is incredibly powerful and whose story and growth is revealed through flashbacks. And what people need to realize here is that Lane JUST started Blading so obviously his background isn't going to be very in-depth. Everyone just wants to see backstories about this antagonist, but if he just found out about Beyblade what could it even be? Some people completely dislike him because he's beaten a blader they like. I get they don't like seeing Lui losing, but what's the point of new bladers if they just keep losing to the old ones? Part of the Revolution Hikaru and Hyuga talk about is the incoming surge of these new bladers who will replace the older ones. Besides, I get that you've formed you're opinion about him, but all I'm trying to say here is don't completely cross him off the list because we've only seen him for like 7 episodes (3 and a half episodes internationally).
(Aug. 16, 2020  2:39 AM)Blazing Sol Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  1:24 AM)kimeru Wrote: An antagonist that actually has problems or an antagonist that actually feels human or isn't super predictable, tell me how much do you know about his personality other that he's calm sometimes and he's angry when battling or he has a soft side for his hedgehog? Really interesting antagonists are ones who can do things to surprise you or ones who can lose from time to time and show actual motivation to get stronger and ones who actually show growth and that's not even it , it's also the fact that all bursts antagonists have become too similar to the point where you can easily predict how they'll be beat. So tell me exactly what you enjoy about Lane and what makes him a good character.
I understand where you are coming from. However, for me, I enjoy seeing most of the growth and progression from the protagonists. The antagonist is the one who truly challenges the protags and causes them to surpass their abilities and grow even more. I see a good antagonist as one who has a serious internal struggle, but takes it out on people externally. I think Lane does that pretty well. All he wants to do be challenged and improve his abilities, thus growing his "flare." He's willing to do that no matter what (he won't care if both your bey and arm are broken, he only cares about his own goals, poor Ranjiro lol). Something specific to Lane that I enjoyed seeing was his sudden rise. In the manga he went from rank 481 to 5 in one day, then to A rank 1 the next day. I also likes how he gets the legends serious. We get to see things from them (and in Free's case different sides of them) we haven't seen before. Don't you like seeing that? To me, an enjoyable antagonist is one who, from his initial debut, is incredibly powerful and whose story and growth is revealed through flashbacks. And what people need to realize here is that Lane JUST started Blading so obviously his background isn't going to be very in-depth. Everyone just wants to see backstories about this antagonist, but if he just found out about Beyblade what could it even be? Some people completely dislike him because he's beaten a blader they like. I get they don't like seeing Lui losing, but what's the point of new bladers if they just keep losing to the old ones? Part of the Revolution Hikaru and Hyuga talk about is the incoming surge of these new bladers who will replace the older ones. Besides, I get that you've formed you're opinion about him, but all I'm trying to say here is don't completely cross him off the list because we've only seen him for like 7 episodes (3 and a half episodes internationally).

For most people, it doesn't make sense how a rookie beats a blader who at this point has about a decade of experience. The fact you stated that his backstory isn't in depth since he started only makes it worse. It's not like new characters always have to win either. I like how they portray Hyuga and Hikaru, having their moments against legends that show they're good, but never outright beating them. Whether it's scoring a point or making them interested without winning gives them time to shine as they build up experience. Now in the anime and manga they're doing pretty good, so maybe taking a legend down now doesn't seem so far-fetched.
(Aug. 16, 2020  2:54 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  2:39 AM)Blazing Sol Wrote: I understand where you are coming from. However, for me, I enjoy seeing most of the growth and progression from the protagonists. The antagonist is the one who truly challenges the protags and causes them to surpass their abilities and grow even more. I see a good antagonist as one who has a serious internal struggle, but takes it out on people externally. I think Lane does that pretty well. All he wants to do be challenged and improve his abilities, thus growing his "flare." He's willing to do that no matter what (he won't care if both your bey and arm are broken, he only cares about his own goals, poor Ranjiro lol). Something specific to Lane that I enjoyed seeing was his sudden rise. In the manga he went from rank 481 to 5 in one day, then to A rank 1 the next day. I also likes how he gets the legends serious. We get to see things from them (and in Free's case different sides of them) we haven't seen before. Don't you like seeing that? To me, an enjoyable antagonist is one who, from his initial debut, is incredibly powerful and whose story and growth is revealed through flashbacks. And what people need to realize here is that Lane JUST started Blading so obviously his background isn't going to be very in-depth. Everyone just wants to see backstories about this antagonist, but if he just found out about Beyblade what could it even be? Some people completely dislike him because he's beaten a blader they like. I get they don't like seeing Lui losing, but what's the point of new bladers if they just keep losing to the old ones? Part of the Revolution Hikaru and Hyuga talk about is the incoming surge of these new bladers who will replace the older ones. Besides, I get that you've formed you're opinion about him, but all I'm trying to say here is don't completely cross him off the list because we've only seen him for like 7 episodes (3 and a half episodes internationally).

For most people, it doesn't make sense how a rookie beats a blader who at this point has about a decade of experience. The fact you stated that his backstory isn't in depth since he started only makes it worse. It's not like new characters always have to win either. I like how they portray Hyuga and Hikaru, having their moments against legends that show they're good, but never outright beating them. Whether it's scoring a point or making them interested without winning gives them time to shine as they build up experience. Now in the anime and manga they're doing pretty good, so maybe taking a legend down now doesn't seem so far-fetched.

It kinda does make sense when you take into consideration the fact that the anime and manga always make sure to stress that Hyuga, Hikaru and Lane are very naturally talented at competitive beyblade and have very high potential. Its the whole reason Shu and Rantaro/Valt took them in. Is it the greatest way to portray them? No, but does it work from a technical standpoint? Yes, It admittedly does.
(Aug. 16, 2020  3:57 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  2:54 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: For most people, it doesn't make sense how a rookie beats a blader who at this point has about a decade of experience. The fact you stated that his backstory isn't in depth since he started only makes it worse. It's not like new characters always have to win either. I like how they portray Hyuga and Hikaru, having their moments against legends that show they're good, but never outright beating them. Whether it's scoring a point or making them interested without winning gives them time to shine as they build up experience. Now in the anime and manga they're doing pretty good, so maybe taking a legend down now doesn't seem so far-fetched.

It kinda does make sense when you take into consideration the fact that the anime and manga always make sure to stress that Hyuga, Hikaru and Lane are very naturally talented at competitive beyblade and have very high potential. Its the whole reason Shu and Rantaro/Valt took them in. Is it the greatest way to portray them? No, but does it work from a technical standpoint? Yes, It admittedly does.

The degree to which they're portraying that natural potential in Lane's case Is the problem. Natural talent can only take you so far as we've seen Hikaru's and Hyuga's case. With Lane it's a bit much.
(Aug. 16, 2020  4:17 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  3:57 AM)Zeutron Wrote: It kinda does make sense when you take into consideration the fact that the anime and manga always make sure to stress that Hyuga, Hikaru and Lane are very naturally talented at competitive beyblade and have very high potential. Its the whole reason Shu and Rantaro/Valt took them in. Is it the greatest way to portray them? No, but does it work from a technical standpoint? Yes, It admittedly does.

The degree to which they're portraying that natural potential in Lane's case Is the problem. Natural talent can only take you so far as we've seen Hikaru's and Hyuga's case. With Lane it's a bit much.

Yeah it is too much. I guess Lane is just a one shot wonder or something.
(Aug. 16, 2020  1:24 AM)kimeru Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2020  11:05 PM)Blazing Sol Wrote: What makes him a bad antagonist? And also in your opinion what makes a good antagonist if Lane is a bad one?

FINALLY!!! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME! Every beyblade antagonist has the same personality, dastardly and angry. This whole series is in wrecks after S2. And they arent trying to save it. Same old thing again and again.

(Aug. 16, 2020  2:39 AM)Blazing Sol Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2020  1:24 AM)kimeru Wrote: An antagonist that actually has problems or an antagonist that actually feels human or isn't super predictable, tell me how much do you know about his personality other that he's calm sometimes and he's angry when battling or he has a soft side for his hedgehog? Really interesting antagonists are ones who can do things to surprise you or ones who can lose from time to time and show actual motivation to get stronger and ones who actually show growth and that's not even it , it's also the fact that all bursts antagonists have become too similar to the point where you can easily predict how they'll be beat. So tell me exactly what you enjoy about Lane and what makes him a good character.

What backstory did he have? He was dark since we saw him. Its as if these kids are born with darkness with them. Its literally the same thing again and again being shoved down our mouth. If u wanna look at baddies with proper arcs, look at Shigaraki or in movies Darth Vader, they had such amazing arcs and their descent to dark, but no. Beyblade aint following anything. They will do the same thing again.
It was ok with Phi, but now it's kinda gettong repetitive. Phi was interesting since he had that mystery, frightening, and motivation factors. Didn't care about being king, just wanted to destroy all. Kinda the first time that happened from the get go, but at least he was rumored to be strong from the beginning, so it made sense. Not like Lane who's a little too strong for it to not be called plot armor by the masses.
Well I think that everyone is jumping the boat too soon, lean has just been introduced in the anime and they had to show he was strong. I think we need to give the anime some time at least to develop a backstory for lean. I agree right now it doesn’t make sense at all as to how he defeated 3 legends at once, however if they can develop a back story for lean it would be great and I feel they are building towards just that. One possible backstory I have in mind is that he was inspired by Phi as a child and was terribly dissatisfied with Phi’s loss against Aiga and swore revenge.
What do you guys think Zeutron aadi Lui snoc @Admiral W.
(P.s how does one quote ppl with spaces in their profile name)
(Aug. 16, 2020  5:40 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well I think that everyone is jumping the boat too soon, lean has just been introduced in the anime and they had to show he was strong. I think we need to give the anime some time at least to develop a backstory for lean. I agree right now it doesn’t make sense at all as to how he defeated 3 legends at once, however if they can develop a back story for lean it would be great and I feel they are building towards just that. One possible backstory I have in mind is that he was inspired by Phi as a child and was terribly dissatisfied with Phi’s loss against Aiga and swore revenge.
What do you guys think Zeutron aadi Lui snoc @Admiral W.
(P.s how does one quote ppl with spaces in their profile name)

To be honest, I think Lane turns evil/is turning evil for the same reasons Shu previously did. We know that all bladers beyblade to have fun and win right? Indeed, but some desire this sensation of victory a little more than others. Based on this, I believe Lane started out just like all other bladers; having fun, battling with others, bonding with his bey all while growing stronger. Soon enough Lane learns that he is very special because he is very naturally talented at beyblade and he also realizes that he has crazy potential as well. As a result Lane grows more interested and committed to blading causing him to grow more powerful. Despite this however, Lane soon starts to become particularly obsessed with winning and begins to express distaste with losing to the point where he completely disregards the fun of beyblading in favour of the satisfaction of winning and being superior to those around him. This begins to take a slow toll on Lane causing him to become overly serious and distant from the people around him while he embraces his negative and aggressive emotions to make his bond with Lucifer stronger
which (as well all know) in turn, causes Lucifer to follow Lane‘s dark path as well. A short while after Lane has started blading like this, Shu discovers Lane at the New York tournament and you know the rest. Despite his fall to the dark path we can see that Lane isn’t completely evil since he cares for his hedgehog.