Beyblade Burst God Episode #04 (April 24th, 2017)

04) Whirlwind! Tornado Wyvern!!
旋風!トルネードワイバーン!! 
Senpū! Torunēdo Waibān!!
April 24th, 2017

Source: Source: http://imgur.com/42vmf3d?r

The friendlies begin with Wakiya and Boss's match. Ragnaruk struggles to battle the Evolved Wyvern. Wakiya is put forward again to battle in the second game, against Valt. Valkyrie faces a bad matchup in Wyvern and can't land a good attack.
why are they shoehorning the beigoma beyclub members into bc sol
sense, this does not make

at least recruiting waikya is more believable than recruiting rantaro
They aren't. If you read the previous episode's summary, Wakiya is on a different team who are battling BC Sol in a friendly match.
(Apr. 08, 2017  5:00 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: They aren't. If you read the previous episode's summary, Wakiya is on a different team who are battling BC Sol in a friendly match.

oops
 [Image: 29k9Mz5.png]
Well it's kinda shoehorning, considering how they haven't met any new characters of plot significance except for Free and maybe Sisco. Wakiya's appearance is definitely weird, and Rantaro's self-esteem would probably get reduced to nil after battling Wakiya. They've had a strong "rivalry" back in Japan, so Wakiya showing up definitely means Rantaro's getting the shaft... again. Seriously, does anyone even care about Rantaro at this point? He's supposedly the strongest blader when we first see him, and now he's just a weak filler. Hell, even one of the posters don't have Rantaro on the team, so what the hell did TT create this character for? He has no chemistry with any of the characters except for Hoji and maybe occasionally Kensuke, and the "rivalry" is obviously forced, so where's the point?
(Apr. 22, 2017  12:45 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Well it's kinda shoehorning, considering how they haven't met any new characters of plot significance except for Free and maybe Sisco. Wakiya's appearance is definitely weird, and Rantaro's self-esteem would probably get reduced to nil after battling Wakiya. They've had a strong "rivalry" back in Japan, so Wakiya showing up definitely means Rantaro's getting the shaft... again. Seriously, does anyone even care about Rantaro at this point? He's supposedly the strongest blader when we first see him, and now he's just a weak filler. Hell, even one of the posters don't have Rantaro on the team, so what the hell did TT create this character for? He has no chemistry with any of the characters except for Hoji and maybe occasionally Kensuke, and the "rivalry" is obviously forced, so where's the point?

He's basically Valt's best friend which you seem to be ignoring despite it being glaringly obvious..... Anyway hopefully with this season he'll come back into some relevance.
(Apr. 22, 2017  1:16 PM)Ultra Wrote:  
He's basically Valt's best friend which you seem to be ignoring despite it being glaringly obvious.....
Which is also, kinda forced. You don't exactly see Rantaro influencing Valt's decisions that much, and when we see them actually talking to each other, it's often in a goofy setting or an "emotional" scene that we're somehow getting invested in. Yet, since there was never any buildup to the emotional scenes, I naturally didn't give a damn about it. I did try to invest in it, but I can't since there's nothing that allows me to do so. Even the screenwriters added in Naoki's analysis of Rantaro's influence towards Valt, which is a negative value. That's basically saying that Rantaro's being a drag here.
For me, as long as the anime is fun to watch, I'm fine with it. Almost every anime series is completely disposable, due to a lack of deep and interesting development, but I'm not over critic about a kid's show like Beyblade. If it entertains me, if it put a little simle on my face every Monday, which is a day that's really bad for me, I don't need to look for something to criticize about the anime.
(Apr. 22, 2017  1:37 PM)BeyGa Wrote: For me, as long as the anime is fun to watch, I'm fine with it. Almost every anime series is completely disposable, due to a lack of deep and interesting development, but I'm not over critic about a kid's show like Beyblade. If it entertains me, if it put a little simle on my face every Monday, which is a day that's really bad for me, I don't need to look for something to criticize about the anime.
While I definitely see the reason why not to over-analyze the anime and it's easy to dismiss it as just another kids' show, the complete abandonment of characters is just far too distracting. If you rewatch the whole series, you can definitely see how Shuu's storyline is carefully crafted, how Daina undergoes his transformation and his inner struggles, how Wakiya tries his best to keep up with Shuu, etc. These are all very carefully crafted and placed into the story, and the messages that they convey are very powerful as well, and that's what I like about this series, even though it has no magic star fragments or evil bey storylines that's been flooding the metal saga since day one. We can clearly see how the creators dumped their heart and soul into this show, and I do appreciate it. Yet, I can't help but feel disappointed after seeing how some characters that's supposedly in the spotlight getting out of it for no apparent reason. It's like being promised a fulfilling experience, but the show never really delivers it. I am not trying to nitpick, but this problem is far too glaring that I couldn't help but notice. It just didn't make a lot of sense that they tried so hard on developing other side characters and not even bother trying to do the same with Rantaro.
@[Bastillon] I do agree with a lot of your points and Rantaro definitely feels the least developed, however I think the creators make him serve for comedic purposes more than anything, it's the same case as Benkei from MFB and people know how much I didn't like THAT, not to mention he never got an upgrade but Kenta did.

EDIT: I'm also not keen on the fact that Rantaro is being used as a test dummy for new beyblade releases, in the case of DF and eventually TW, also U2 and X2 in the previous series. It's also the case for many characters who own boosters and live out their advertising purpose in Burst.
(Apr. 22, 2017  6:28 PM)Jinbee Wrote: @[Bastillon] I do agree with a lot of your points and Rantaro definitely feels the least developed, however I think the creators make him serve for comedic purposes more than anything, it's the same case as Benkei from MFB and people know how much I didn't like THAT, not to mention he never got an upgrade but Kenta did.

EDIT: I'm also not keen on the fact that Rantaro is being used as a test dummy for new beyblade releases, in the case of DF and eventually TW, also U2 and X2 in the previous series. It's also the case for many characters who own boosters and live out their advertising purpose in Burst.

I agree with Jinbee. Y2 is a prime example of this, as it and R2 are the butt monkeys of the series.
(Apr. 22, 2017  8:10 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I agree with Jinbee. Y2 is a prime example of this, as it and R2 are the butt monkeys of the series.

Y2's case is sad really, because while he was never used for new releases, he still lost a huge number of times, not counting his loss against Daina, Yugo lost 4 times! Only winning once against a generic blader. Even when he lost to Daina cheating, Daina mislaunched just as bad as Yugo did but Yugo lost a burst finish rather than just one point. In the manga, Yugo was fairly strong, even though Rantaro was still being used as a punching bag against his Yggdrasil there too. To make it on topic with this episode, I have a feeling that after Wakiya inevitably loses to Valt, he'll be beaten around by newer releases or forgotten more.
(Apr. 22, 2017  6:28 PM)Jinbee Wrote: @[Bastillon] I do agree with a lot of your points and Rantaro definitely feels the least developed, however I think the creators make him serve for comedic purposes more than anything, it's the same case as Benkei from MFB and people know how much I didn't like THAT, not to mention he never got an upgrade but Kenta did.

Xhaka was only seen to lose once in the entire series though, or twice including the offscreen implied lose to Lui. And considering Zac ended up losing to Valt in the semis too, you can argue that an objective skill comparison can't be drawn between the two (Xhaka and Zac). So I don't see how X2 was used as a test dummy. Nor can I see how U2, which never fought new releases, can be used as a test dummy either. It's more that they have to lose to Valt or else the story can't progress, but that applies to all characters in this series, as I expect Free will eventually lose to Valt sometime, as will Lui.
(Apr. 23, 2017  1:48 PM)HyperGalaxy Wrote: Xhaka was only seen to lose once in the entire series though, or twice including the offscreen implied lose to Lui. And considering Zac ended up losing to Valt in the semis too, you can argue that an objective skill comparison can't be drawn between the two (Xhaka and Zac). So I don't see how X2 was used as a test dummy. Nor can I see how U2, which never fought new releases, can be used as a test dummy either. It's more that they have to lose to Valt or else the story can't progress, but that applies to all characters in this series, as I expect Free will eventually lose to Valt sometime, as will Lui.

Erm no, you totally misunderstood me. I said Rantaro was used as a punching bag against X2 and U2.
(Apr. 23, 2017  2:55 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Erm no, you totally misunderstood me. I said Rantaro was used as a punching bag against X2 and U2.

Whoops Grin
(Apr. 24, 2017  11:19 AM)beyimmortal Wrote: Is the episode up??

Do you see a link? No? There is your answer. 

It was just released to today, and only a few hours ago from when you posted. You really are impatient.
Every single week is the same thing. There's always one impatient guy that can't just seat back, relax and wait for someone to upload the episode. Everybody knows that, eventually, the episode will be up. Thing is, people have their own lives, need to do their own things, download and upload an episode takes time, plus there's the time zones situation, since people from all around the world access this forum.

Still there are some kids that don't understand this and they're usually very impatient. Tired

Well, here's a link to the episode I downloaded from the CoroCoro Channel. I hope you enjoy.
https://yadi.sk/i/FR_s2HWB3HHuMc
(Apr. 24, 2017  1:10 PM)BeyGa Wrote: Well, here's a link to the episode I downloaded from the CoroCoro Channel. I hope you enjoy.

Thank you BeyGa
Does anyone have a working proxy that can access CoroCoro's youtube channel's region-blocked content? My old VPN IP address died so now I can't access it myself.
I think the impatience of some people here are not unfounded. Sure, it's clear that the episode would be up every Monday, but the time of upload had always been ambiguous. I'm assuming it's around 12:00 GMT?
Thank you for uploading the episode, @[BeyGa].

So yeah, I've finally seen the episode. It actually felt different to the previous episode honestly.

After watching it...

(Apr. 24, 2017  2:17 PM)BeyGa Wrote: After watching it...