Beyblade Burst DB Episode #16 (July 9, 2021)

(Jul. 04, 2021  12:55 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:46 AM)Instarez Wrote: My bad it says that he’s actually trying to surpass Valt, however to surpass someone of course you have to be on the same level. That’s common sense. Some random super weak blader can’t beat Valt. However if he has Valkyrie and if he can use it like Valt, he gets to be on the same level, and then would hypothetically use it better and in turn be stronger.

It's his goal. Just because it's his goal doesn't mean he's there yet. Doesn't mean he's on Valt's level. It was Kitt's goal to surpass Valt, but he never reached Valt's level. Rashad is working towards that. He's believes the only way to get there and to get strong is by using Valtryek; he says exactly that in episode 11. He's emulating Valt in order to try and reach and surpass Valt.

Again there's nothing to suggest he can use Valtryek as well as Valt can, and as I stated before, just because he's using Valtryek doesn't mean he's on Valt's level. Rashad doesn't have a connection to Valtryek, especially not one nearly as strong as Valt's connection to Valtryek which is what makes all difference in the end.
I never said he could use Valkyrie as well. If you read my post I made it clear that to achieve his goal he’ll have to do that. He can’t right now.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:58 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:55 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It's his goal. Just because it's his goal doesn't mean he's there yet. Doesn't mean he's on Valt's level. It was Kit's goal to surpass Valt, but he never reached Valt's level. Rashad is working towards that. He's believes the only way to get there and to get strong is by using Valtryek; he says exactly that in episode 11. He's emulating Valt in order to try and reach and surpass Valt.

Again there's nothing to suggest he can use Valtryek as well as Valt can, and as I stated before, just because he's using Valtryek doesn't mean he's on Valt's level. Rashad doesn't have a connection to Valtryek, especially not one nearly as strong as Valt's connection to Valtryek which is what makes all difference in the end.
I never said he could use Valkyrie as well. If you read my post I made it clear that to achieve his goal he’ll have to do that. He can’t right now.

It seemed to me you were saying he's already on Valt's level and could use Valtryek as well as Valt could. My bad if I misunderstood what you were saying. In either event the reason he's using Valtryek is because he thinks it's the only way to become strong, he's not using it to prove he's on Valt's level. He's emulating Valt and using Valtryek because he's thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level.
I think rashad will lose this one simply to fuel him up and make him jealous of valt because his the one that have the strongest valkyrie and make him abandon valkyrie and go to the dark path then he'll surpass/beat valt later on probably around the last few arcs.
I'm really not interested in the whole "dark path" direction I hope they don't go that route. I'd prefer Rashad be the antagonist without necessarily being a villain. Making him Bell's main rival I think is the better bet.
(Jul. 04, 2021  1:30 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm really not interested in the whole "dark path" direction I hope they don't go that route. I'd prefer Rashad be the antagonist without necessarily being a villain. Making him Bell's main rival I think is the better bet.

Yes I hope we end up having rashad as a main rival. But its more likely Rashad will be the villain because usually villains dont show up any later than this point of the season. Red eye showed up in ep 15 of God. Arthur showed up in like ep 24 or 25  of  Gt BUT we can all agree he wasnt that good of a villain. Lain showed up around ep 16  as well. It unfortunate but probable.
(Jul. 04, 2021  3:15 AM)Brave Sword Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  1:30 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm really not interested in the whole "dark path" direction I hope they don't go that route. I'd prefer Rashad be the antagonist without necessarily being a villain. Making him Bell's main rival I think is the better bet.

Yes I hope we end up having rashad as a main rival. But its more likely Rashad will be the villain because usually villains dont show up any later than this point of the season. Red eye showed up in ep 15 of God. Arthur showed up in like ep 24 or 25  of  Gt BUT we can all agree he wasnt that good of a villain. Lain showed up around ep 16  as well. It unfortunate but probable.

hmm it all adds up
(Jul. 04, 2021  3:15 AM)Brave Sword Wrote:

What I'm saying is that I prefer there not a be a "villain" at all. An antagonist isn't necessarily a villain. Lui in season 1 is a good example of this. He was the main antagonist but he wasn't a villain. In other words I don't mind Rashad being the main antagonist, but I don't want him to be a villain/evil.
(Jul. 04, 2021  3:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote: What I'm saying is that I prefer there not a be a "villain" at all. An antagonist isn't necessarily a villain. Lui in season 1 is a good example of this. He was the main antagonist but he wasn't a villain. In other words I don't mind Rashad being the main antagonist, but I don't want him to be a villain/evil.
Ik that's your opinion but based on what has been implied it seems like Rashad is more likely going to be a villain or stuff like that other than a main rival. When Lui was first introduced he was depicted as the ultimate or no.1 blader meanwhile rashad is depicted as a student to valt when he got introduced. And based on what he has done so far which is influencing basara to abandon his bey to make a new is pretty much just like astem and him having valkyrie can be symbolized as a jealousy to valt
(Jul. 04, 2021  3:47 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  3:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote: What I'm saying is that I prefer there not a be a "villain" at all. An antagonist isn't necessarily a villain. Lui in season 1 is a good example of this. He was the main antagonist but he wasn't a villain. In other words I don't mind Rashad being the main antagonist, but I don't want him to be a villain/evil.
Ik that's your opinion but based on what has been implied it seems like Rashad is more likely going to be a villain or stuff like that other than a main rival. When Lui was first introduced he was depicted as the ultimate or no.1 blader meanwhile rashad is depicted as a student to valt when he got introduced. And based on what he has done so far which is influencing basara to abandon his bey to make a new is pretty much just like astem and him having valkyrie can be symbolized as a jealousy to valt

It's possible it may go that route, but it's certainly isn't written in stone. I understand that's what you've gathered from it, but what we've been presented with can be viewed from many different angles. While Rashad hasn't been presented as the top blader, I don't think that would disqualify him from being the main antagonist without being a villain.

What Ashtem did was for purely selfish reasons in order to create the ultimate bey, Rashad's advice to Basara wasn't at all malicious or self serving.

While it's possible the whole using Valtryek thing can be born from jealousy in the end, that's not what's been presented to us thus far, based on what we've seen it comes from a place of admiration which is something that was mentioned in episode 11. Now it's possible that admiration may morph into jealousy, but we haven't seen any indication of that thus far so we can't really base a prediction on that.

In other words, based on what we've seen I don't think anyone can really predict with certainty where they may take things given they're many different directions it can go in. Having said all that I simply prefer them not to go the villain route.
Wow, I actually managed to catch up on Burst for once. I used to hang around these episode threads a year ago, and now I finally can come back here

That small quip aside — Im personally in neutral territory concerning Rashad’s status. Im not too concerned whether he should be a villain or a simple rival. On one hand, if he were to be extremely villainous, I suppose that could keep the plot interesting in a way. Most series and works are thought to be interesting because viewers are captivated with villainous characters — making Rashad worse than an everyday rival would probably keep the audience enticed. Though, personally, I dont really find this amusing in Burst: Shu’s Spryzen possession was unintentionally funny half the time and hard to take seriously, and Phi’s villain motive was pretty childish. There could be a way to make Burst villains plausible and serious to handle, but Burst kinda makes it funny to me

On the other hand, having Rashad as a “rival antagonist” is a pretty good idea. I personally feel like Rashad’s personality sets him up as an ordinary rival for reasons already mentioned above. Like Lui, who was a pretty off-putting character at best but wasnt the “going to destroy/take over the world” type of evil. It kinda fits how Burst leans towards a realistic atmosphere, whereas the previous series had a lot more threats and supernatural occurrences

Overall, I dont mind which of the two would happen. Heck, they could do the “Jokes! He seems like an antagonist but was actually on the good side!” card and I will still not care (okay, I lied... maybe I would care, because that is kinda not a common route). As I said multiple times on this site, Im not super impressed with Burst’s writing but hey, DB got my interest and now Im willing to see how this unfolds
(Jul. 04, 2021  4:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
"What Ashtem did was for purely selfish reasons in order to create the ultimate bey, Rashad's advice to Basara wasn't at all malicious or self serving." While it's true it wasn't regarded as a villainous act suggesting people to change beyblade + his dialogue is pretty sus at least imo.

"In other words, based on what we've seen I don't think anyone can really predict with certainty where they may take things given they're many different directions it can go in. Having said all that I simply prefer them not to go the villain route." Yes i agree with you in this last part so let's just wait till this episode airs
I think Rashad as a villian is a 50/50.
(Jul. 04, 2021  7:20 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  4:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
"What Ashtem did was for purely selfish reasons in order to create the ultimate bey, Rashad's advice to Basara wasn't at all malicious or self serving." While it's true it wasn't regarded as a villainous act suggesting people to change beyblade + his dialogue is pretty sus at least imo.

"In other words, based on what we've seen I don't think anyone can really predict with certainty where they may take things given they're many different directions it can go in. Having said all that I simply prefer them not to go the villain route." Yes i agree with you in this last part so let's just wait till this episode airs

Rashad told Basara to thow Solomon away but Basara said he will battle forever with Solomon but Rashad said If you won't throw it away you will never win and become stronger. Rashad thinks Valkyrie is the Ultimate Bey. So he thinks he can become a great blader with a Strong Bey only.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:19 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote: He's using Valtryek because he believes it's the best bey and the only way to get strong is by using it. That's was stated In his summary and he literally states that in episode 11. It's his goal to surpass Valt, but he thinks the only way to become strong is by emulating him and his bey. That's the reason he's doing this, not because he thinks it will prove he's on Valt's level, he thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level. He's not charting his own course to becoming strong, he's trying to walk Valt's road to get there.

But you can't get to Valt's level by just owning a Valkryie that's like buying Strike God Valkryie and beating everyone you battle oh no Valt's been through a lot with Valtryek and has gone through rigorous training he learned from everyone he battled and understood Valkryie like Valt stated "He's the only one that can connect with Valtrek's true feelings" that is very true because Azure Eye and (Probably) Rashad failed trying to become strong just by owning Valkryie and Ken said something that very well relates to this topic "Beys choose their bladers" That is very true that would explain why Valt is the only one that can tap into Valkryie's true feelings because Valkryie chose Valt. Also, it's almost impossible to go Valt's way to becoming stronger because like I stated before he's resonated with Valtryek and both of them have experienced things nobody else can experience the same so summing it up Rashad is wrong about just having Valkryie and going "Valt's way" to become stronger.

Well Ranzo have Glide Ragnaruk and can use moves that can Rantaro and Ranjiro
(Jul. 05, 2021  8:01 PM)Beyblade8986 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:19 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: But you can't get to Valt's level by just owning a Valkryie that's like buying Strike God Valkryie and beating everyone you battle oh no Valt's been through a lot with Valtryek and has gone through rigorous training he learned from everyone he battled and understood Valkryie like Valt stated "He's the only one that can connect with Valtrek's true feelings" that is very true because Azure Eye and (Probably) Rashad failed trying to become strong just by owning Valkryie and Ken said something that very well relates to this topic "Beys choose their bladers" That is very true that would explain why Valt is the only one that can tap into Valkryie's true feelings because Valkryie chose Valt. Also, it's almost impossible to go Valt's way to becoming stronger because like I stated before he's resonated with Valtryek and both of them have experienced things nobody else can experience the same so summing it up Rashad is wrong about just having Valkryie and going "Valt's way" to become stronger.

Well Ranzo have Glide Ragnaruk and can use moves that can Rantaro and Ranjiro

Ok and? Being able to use moves that the original owner of the bey made up isn't really proving anything because seriously to pull off a rush launch all u have to do is tilt your launcher that's not very hard (No offense just tryin' prove a point)
(Jul. 05, 2021  8:09 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  8:01 PM)Beyblade8986 Wrote: Well Ranzo have Glide Ragnaruk and can use moves that can Rantaro and Ranjiro

Ok and? Being able to use moves that the original owner of the bey made up isn't really proving anything because seriously to pull off a rush launch all u have to do is tilt your launcher that's not very hard (No offense just tryin' prove a point)

I got it bro 😉👊
ok guys a quick question (not because i dont know or anything lawl): which character defeated at least 2 of the previous main protagonists (in beyblade)?
(Jul. 05, 2021  8:55 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: ok guys a quick question (not because i dont know or anything lawl): which character defeated at least 2 of the previous main protagonists (in beyblade)?
Well, Hyuga did. First, he defeated Drum by bursting though he was badly beaten after. Then, he defeated in Aiga in that Battle Royale match in the Legend Festival by out spinning him and the other Legends. Matter of fact, Hyuga could've been a fan favorite and a strong blader if he had that manga development in the anime.
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:45 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  8:55 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: ok guys a quick question (not because i dont know or anything lawl): which character defeated at least 2 of the previous main protagonists (in beyblade)?
Well, Hyuga did. First, he defeated Drum by bursting though he was badly beaten after. Then, he defeated in Aiga in that Battle Royale match in the Legend Festival by out spinning him and the other Legends. Matter of fact, Hyuga could've been a fan favorite and a strong blader if he had that manga development in the anime.

alright cool beans
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:49 PM)BladeKingX Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:45 PM)Dark red Wrote: Well, Hyuga did. First, he defeated Drum by bursting though he was badly beaten after. Then, he defeated in Aiga in that Battle Royale match in the Legend Festival by out spinning him and the other Legends. Matter of fact, Hyuga could've been a fan favorite and a strong blader if he had that manga development in the anime.

alright cool beans

Was that the right answer?
~This post has been deleted~
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:55 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: ~This post has been deleted~

Wonder what you deleted **puts on hat** we have a mystery to solve!
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:49 PM)BladeKingX Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:45 PM)Dark red Wrote: Well, Hyuga did. First, he defeated Drum by bursting though he was badly beaten after. Then, he defeated in Aiga in that Battle Royale match in the Legend Festival by out spinning him and the other Legends. Matter of fact, Hyuga could've been a fan favorite and a strong blader if he had that manga development in the anime.

alright cool beans
yep
(Jul. 05, 2021  10:04 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:55 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: ~This post has been deleted~

Wonder what you deleted **puts on hat** we have a mystery to solve!

I put something in the wrong thread
Who do you think will awaken first