Beyblade Burst DB Episode #16 (July 9, 2021)

(Jul. 03, 2021  7:41 PM)Instarez Wrote: I think this battle will be a big shift in story for the Season, just like Lane Vs Lui. I think we will get Rashad solidified as a proper antagonist and have the story focus on him, because up until now he's been more of a background character.

same im looking forward to rashad's development
Here's what I personally think the sequence of events is based off of the preview
(Jul. 03, 2021  8:04 PM)Instarez Wrote: Here's what I personally think the sequence of events is based off of the preview

ooooh tbh i dont want rashad to turn into that type of antagonist *cough cough*
(Jul. 03, 2021  8:12 PM)BladeKingX Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  8:04 PM)Instarez Wrote: Here's what I personally think the sequence of events is based off of the preview

ooooh tbh i dont want rashad to turn into that type of antagonist *cough cough*
It's not very original but unfortunately that's what they're setting him up to be based on how he's acting and his summary.
(Jul. 03, 2021  8:42 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  8:12 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: ooooh tbh i dont want rashad to turn into that type of antagonist *cough cough*
It's not very original but unfortunately that's what they're setting him up to be based on how he's acting and his summary.

hmm understandable

That's a good sequence and I agree that is what will happen
I actually don't dislike Rashad. It would just be absolutely ridiculous for him to beat Valt in this match. It would make zero sense. Defeating Valt with his very own bey...good lord. I don't think it's going to happen, but then again, things that don't make sense and are ridiculous have happened before. I'm also hoping this is part of a character arc for Rashad, him learning his needs to walk his own path, him coming to understand he's not Valt and he needs to walk his own road which would result him getting his own bey. If not, then this whole using Valtryek will truly be ridiculous imo.
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:35 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I actually don't dislike Rashad. It would just be absolutely ridiculous for him to beat Valt in this match. It would make zero sense. Defeating Valt with his very own bey...good lord. I don't think it's going to happen, but then again, things that don't make sense and are ridiculous have happened before.

You seem very on edge. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rashad having Valkyrie. He should be around Valt's level in certain areas since he has the same bey. These types of complaints are the strangest ones. Who cares if he has Valkyrie? He's not gonna disrespect the Valkyrie name or something lmao.
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:43 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:35 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I actually don't dislike Rashad. It would just be absolutely ridiculous for him to beat Valt in this match. It would make zero sense. Defeating Valt with his very own bey...good lord. I don't think it's going to happen, but then again, things that don't make sense and are ridiculous have happened before.

You seem very on edge. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rashad having Valkyrie. He should be around Valt's level in certain areas since he has the same bey. These types of complaints are the strangest ones. Who cares if he has Valkyrie? He's not gonna disrespect the Valkyrie name or something lmao.

On edge? No. Just making a point. I don't think you got what I said. Him having Valtryek at this stage isn't the problem, I'm saying him keeping Valtryek is what will be the issue. If it's used as part of Rashad's character arc, then that would be great. But if he has it the whole season that does nothing for his character when he could have actually been taken in an interesting direction by coming to understand the need to walk his own road. In addition, it would be far better for them to introduce new motifs for new bladers instead of re-using old ones for new bladers. As far as being on the same level as Valt, him simply having Valt's bey shouldn't put him on Valt's level, no one's resonance and connection to Valtryek is stronger than Valt's. Rashad doesn't even really have a connection to Valtryek as was mentioned in a previous episode.
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:54 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:43 PM)Instarez Wrote: lmao valt is bad rashad is god

On edge? No. Just making a point. I think don't think you got what I said. Him having Valtryek at this stage isn't the problem, I'm saying him keeping Valtryek is what will be the issue. If it's used as part of Rashad's character arc, then that would be great. But if he has it the whole season then that does nothing for his character when he could have actually been taken in an interesting direction by coming to understand the need to walk his own road. In addition, it would be far better for them to introduce new motifs for new bladers instead of re-using old ones for new bladers. As far as being on the same level as Valt, him simply having Valt's bey shouldn't put him on Valt's level, no one's resonance and connection to Valtryek is stronger than Valt's. Rashad doesn't even really have a connection to Valtryek as was mentioned in a previous episode.
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:54 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:43 PM)Instarez Wrote: You seem very on edge. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rashad having Valkyrie. He should be around Valt's level in certain areas since he has the same bey. These types of complaints are the strangest ones. Who cares if he has Valkyrie? He's not gonna disrespect the Valkyrie name or something lmao.

On edge? No. Just making a point. I don't think you got what I said. Him having Valtryek at this stage isn't the problem, I'm saying him keeping Valtryek is what will be the issue. If it's used as part of Rashad's character arc, then that would be great. But if he has it the whole season that does nothing for his character when he could have actually been taken in an interesting direction by coming to understand the need to walk his own road. In addition, it would be far better for them to introduce new motifs for new bladers instead of re-using old ones for new bladers. As far as being on the same level as Valt, him simply having Valt's bey shouldn't put him on Valt's level, no one's resonance and connection to Valtryek is stronger than Valt's. Rashad doesn't even really have a connection to Valtryek as was mentioned in a previous episode.

First of all, you blatantly missed one of my points. I said he should be around Valt's level in certain area. The same Bey means the same speed, power, and stamina. What's gonna change is the power of special moves. Second, reusing Valkyrie isn't a war crime. Nothing about his character indicates he should be carving his own path, that's just an assumption. There's no valid reason for Rashad not having a Valkyrie. There is an actual reason why he does though.
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:02 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  10:54 PM)Admiral W Wrote: On edge? No. Just making a point. I don't think you got what I said. Him having Valtryek at this stage isn't the problem, I'm saying him keeping Valtryek is what will be the issue. If it's used as part of Rashad's character arc, then that would be great. But if he has it the whole season that does nothing for his character when he could have actually been taken in an interesting direction by coming to understand the need to walk his own road. In addition, it would be far better for them to introduce new motifs for new bladers instead of re-using old ones for new bladers. As far as being on the same level as Valt, him simply having Valt's bey shouldn't put him on Valt's level, no one's resonance and connection to Valtryek is stronger than Valt's. Rashad doesn't even really have a connection to Valtryek as was mentioned in a previous episode.

First of all, you blatantly missed one of my points. I said he should be around Valt's level in certain area. The same Bey means the same speed, power, and stamina. What's gonna change is the power of special moves. Second, reusing Valkyrie isn't a war crime. Nothing about his character indicates he should be carving his own path, that's just an assumption. There's no valid reason for Rashad not having a Valkyrie. There is an actual reason why he does though.

Fair point. Without taking resonance or having an acutal bond with your bey into account then yes the beys themselves would be around the same, but when you add resonance and an acutal connection to the bey, then that's another story. Rashad isn't connected to Valtryek so it shouldn't be nearly as powerful as Valt's. 

Him keeping Valtryek does nothing for his character. Everything we've learned about Rashad tells us that he admires Valt and Valtryek which is great, but he's taken it to the point that he's emulating Valt to such a degree that he's literally copying his bey. He did it by making Brave and he took it further by making Savior. He isn't walking his own path, he's trying to walk Valt's. We see that in the series. 

In addition, I said him learning to walk his own road would be a good character arc for him and would actually make him using Valtryek at this stage part of an interesting direction to take the character. And of course there's a valid reason for him not to use Valtryek; new motifs. It's better to create new motifs for new bladers instead of re-using old ones. That keeps things fresh and adds to the canon of beys we have in-universe.
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:12 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:02 PM)Instarez Wrote: First of all, you blatantly missed one of my points. I said he should be around Valt's level in certain area. The same Bey means the same speed, power, and stamina. What's gonna change is the power of special moves. Second, reusing Valkyrie isn't a war crime. Nothing about his character indicates he should be carving his own path, that's just an assumption. There's no valid reason for Rashad not having a Valkyrie. There is an actual reason why he does though.

Fair point. Without taking resonance or having an acutal bond with your bey into account then yes the beys themselves would be around the same, but when you add resonance and an acutal connection to the bey, then that's another story. Rashad isn't connected to Valtryek so it shouldn't be nearly as powerful as Valt's. 

Him keeping Valtryek does nothing for his character. Everything we've learned about Rashad tells us that he admires Valt and Valtryek which is great, but he's taken it to the point that he's emulating Valt to such a degree that he's literally copying his bey. He did it by making Brave and he took it further by making Savior. He isn't walking his own path, he's trying to walk Valt's. We see that in the series. 

In addition, I said him learning to walk his own road would be a good character arc for him and would actually make him using Valtryek at this stage part of an interesting direction to take the character. And of course there's a valid reason for him not to use Valtryek; new motifs. It's better to create new motifs for new bladers instead of re-using old ones. That keeps things fresh and adds to the canon of beys we have in-universe.

Rashad's entire character right now is that he wants to be recognized on Valt's level. Using Valkyrie to do that is a very direct way of telling Valt he's on the same level. This implies he can use Valkyrie just as well as Valt can though, and that would be pretty hard to do. Either way not having many new motif's should be expected. I don't support reusing Beys but it happens a lot these days.
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:31 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:12 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Fair point. Without taking resonance or having an acutal bond with your bey into account then yes the beys themselves would be around the same, but when you add resonance and an acutal connection to the bey, then that's another story. Rashad isn't connected to Valtryek so it shouldn't be nearly as powerful as Valt's. 

Rashad's entire character right now is that he wants to be recognized on Valt's level. Using Valkyrie to do that is a very direct way of telling Valt he's on the same level. This implies he can use Valkyrie just as well as Valt can though, and that would be pretty hard to do. Either way not having many new motif's should be expected. I don't support reusing Beys but it happens a lot these days.

I can understand if that's how you view Rashad, but everything we've seen shows us the acutal reason he's emulating Valt and Valtryek is because he admires them both and wants to get stronger by doing it this way, not necessarily trying to prove he's on Valt's level by using Valtryek. He's thinks the only way for him to become strong is by emulating Valt & Valtryek something he actually mentions; again walking Valt's path and not his own. They particularly emphasized that in episode 11. There's nothing really indicating he can use Valtryek as well as Valt. There's nothing forcing them to reuse beys for new characters. It's far better for them to give Rashad his own bey later down the line and therefore add to the canon of beys.
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:37 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:31 PM)Instarez Wrote: Rashad's entire character right now is that he wants to be recognized on Valt's level. Using Valkyrie to do that is a very direct way of telling Valt he's on the same level. This implies he can use Valkyrie just as well as Valt can though, and that would be pretty hard to do. Either way not having many new motif's should be expected. I don't support reusing Beys but it happens a lot these days.

I can understand if that's how you view Rashad, but everything we've seen shows us the acutal reason he's emulating Valt and Valtryek is because he admires them both and wants to get stronger by doing it this way, not necessarily trying to prove he's on Valt's level by using Valtryek. He's thinks the only way for him to become strong is by emulating Valt & Valtryek something he actually mentions; again walking Valt's path and not his own. They particularly emphasized that in episode 11. There's nothing really indicating he can use Valtryek as well as Valt. There's nothing forcing them to reuse beys for new characters. It's far better for them to give Rashad his own bey later down the line and therefore add to the canon of beys.

That was literally in the summary for Rashad.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:00 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2021  11:37 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I can understand if that's how you view Rashad, but everything we've seen shows us the acutal reason he's emulating Valt and Valtryek is because he admires them both and wants to get stronger by doing it this way, not necessarily trying to prove he's on Valt's level by using Valtryek. He's thinks the only way for him to become strong is by emulating Valt & Valtryek something he actually mentions; again walking Valt's path and not his own. They particularly emphasized that in episode 11. There's nothing really indicating he can use Valtryek as well as Valt. There's nothing forcing them to reuse beys for new characters. It's far better for them to give Rashad his own bey later down the line and therefore add to the canon of beys.

That was literally in the summary for Rashad.

He's using Valtryek because he believes it's the best bey; That's what was stated In his summary. He believes the only way to get strong is by using it which is something he states in episode 11. It's his goal to surpass Valt, but he thinks the only way to become strong is by emulating him and his bey. That's the reason he's doing this, not because he thinks it will prove he's on Valt's level, he thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level. He's not charting his own course to becoming strong, he's trying to walk Valt's road to get there.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:00 AM)Instarez Wrote: That was literally in the summary for Rashad.

He's using Valtryek because he believes it's the best bey and the only way to get strong is by using it. That's was stated In his summary and he literally states that in episode 11. It's his goal to surpass Valt, but he thinks the only way to become strong is by emulating him and his bey. That's the reason he's doing this, not because he thinks it will prove he's on Valt's level, he thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level. He's not charting his own course to becoming strong, he's trying to walk Valt's road to get there.

But you can't get to Valt's level by just owning a Valkryie that's like buying Strike God Valkryie and beating everyone you battle oh no Valt's been through a lot with Valtryek and has gone through rigorous training he learned from everyone he battled and understood Valkryie like Valt stated "He's the only one that can connect with Valtrek's true feelings" that is very true because Azure Eye and (Probably) Rashad failed trying to become strong just by owning Valkryie and Ken said something that very well relates to this topic "Beys choose their bladers" That is very true that would explain why Valt is the only one that can tap into Valkryie's true feelings because Valkryie chose Valt. Also, it's almost impossible to go Valt's way to becoming stronger because like I stated before he's resonated with Valtryek and both of them have experienced things nobody else can experience the same so summing it up Rashad is wrong about just having Valkryie and going "Valt's way" to become stronger.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:19 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote: He's using Valtryek because he believes it's the best bey and the only way to get strong is by using it. That's was stated In his summary and he literally states that in episode 11. It's his goal to surpass Valt, but he thinks the only way to become strong is by emulating him and his bey. That's the reason he's doing this, not because he thinks it will prove he's on Valt's level, he thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level. He's not charting his own course to becoming strong, he's trying to walk Valt's road to get there.

But you can't get to Valt's level by just owning a Valkryie that's like buying Strike God Valkryie and beating everyone you battle oh no Valt's been through a lot with Valtryek and has gone through rigorous training he learned from everyone he battled and understood Valkryie like Valt stated "He's the only one that can connect with Valtrek's true feelings" that is very true because Azure Eye and (Probably) Rashad failed trying to become strong just by owning Valkryie and Ken said something that very well relates to this topic "Beys choose their bladers" That is very true that would explain why Valt is the only one that can tap into Valkryie's true feelings because Valkryie chose Valt. Also, it's almost impossible to go Valt's way to becoming stronger because like I stated before he's resonated with Valtryek and both of them have experienced things nobody else can experience the same so summing it up Rashad is wrong about just having Valkryie and going "Valt's way" to become stronger.

That's exactly true, and I hope that's something Rashad comes to learn over the course of the season. Rashad believes that doing it Valt's way is the only way he can become strong and I'm hoping that part of his character arc this season will be him coming to the realization that he has to chart his own course as a blader instead of trying to walk Valt's road.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:22 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:19 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: But you can't get to Valt's level by just owning a Valkryie that's like buying Strike God Valkryie and beating everyone you battle oh no Valt's been through a lot with Valtryek and has gone through rigorous training he learned from everyone he battled and understood Valkryie like Valt stated "He's the only one that can connect with Valtrek's true feelings" that is very true because Azure Eye and (Probably) Rashad failed trying to become strong just by owning Valkryie and Ken said something that very well relates to this topic "Beys choose their bladers" That is very true that would explain why Valt is the only one that can tap into Valkryie's true feelings because Valkryie chose Valt. Also, it's almost impossible to go Valt's way to becoming stronger because like I stated before he's resonated with Valtryek and both of them have experienced things nobody else can experience the same so summing it up Rashad is wrong about just having Valkryie and going "Valt's way" to become stronger.

That exactly true, and I hope that's something Rashad comes to learn over the course of the season. Rashad believes that doing it Valt's way is the only way he can become strong and I'm hoping that part of his character arc this season will be him coming to the realization that he has to chart his own course as a blader instead of trying to walk Valt's road.

The only way to become stronger is going your own way that's how all the main characters became stronger that's what Rashad needs to learn so that's why Valt needs to beat Rashad in the next episode
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:24 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:22 AM)Admiral W Wrote: That exactly true, and I hope that's something Rashad comes to learn over the course of the season. Rashad believes that doing it Valt's way is the only way he can become strong and I'm hoping that part of his character arc this season will be him coming to the realization that he has to chart his own course as a blader instead of trying to walk Valt's road.

The only way to become stronger is going your own way that's how all the main characters became stronger that's what Rashad needs to learn so that's why Valt needs to beat Rashad in the next episode

You hit the nail on the head.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:25 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:24 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: The only way to become stronger is going your own way that's how all the main characters became stronger that's what Rashad needs to learn so that's why Valt needs to beat Rashad in the next episode

You hit the nail on the head.

Discovering plot be like
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:19 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote: He's using Valtryek because he believes it's the best bey and the only way to get strong is by using it. That's was stated In his summary and he literally states that in episode 11. It's his goal to surpass Valt, but he thinks the only way to become strong is by emulating him and his bey. That's the reason he's doing this, not because he thinks it will prove he's on Valt's level, he thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level. He's not charting his own course to becoming strong, he's trying to walk Valt's road to get there.

No one ever claimed this lol

(Jul. 04, 2021  12:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:00 AM)Instarez Wrote: That was literally in the summary for Rashad.

He's using Valtryek because he believes it's the best bey; That's what was stated In his summary. He believes the only way to get strong is by using it which is something he states in episode 11. It's his goal to surpass Valt, but he thinks the only way to become strong is by emulating him and his bey. That's the reason he's doing this, not because he thinks it will prove he's on Valt's level, he thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level. He's not charting his own course to becoming strong, he's trying to walk Valt's road to get there.

They directly stated he aspires to be closer to Valt. He can only use a nickname (Valt brother) because he's not close enough to Valt to call him his first name. To do this he will prove he is on the same level.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:35 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:19 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: But you can't get to Valt's level by just owning a Valkryie that's like buying Strike God Valkryie and beating everyone you battle oh no Valt's been through a lot with Valtryek and has gone through rigorous training he learned from everyone he battled and understood Valkryie like Valt stated "He's the only one that can connect with Valtrek's true feelings" that is very true because Azure Eye and (Probably) Rashad failed trying to become strong just by owning Valkryie and Ken said something that very well relates to this topic "Beys choose their bladers" That is very true that would explain why Valt is the only one that can tap into Valkryie's true feelings because Valkryie chose Valt. Also, it's almost impossible to go Valt's way to becoming stronger because like I stated before he's resonated with Valtryek and both of them have experienced things nobody else can experience the same so summing it up Rashad is wrong about just having Valkryie and going "Valt's way" to become stronger.

No one ever claimed this lol

(Jul. 04, 2021  12:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote: He's using Valtryek because he believes it's the best bey; That's what was stated In his summary. He believes the only way to get strong is by using it which is something he states in episode 11. It's his goal to surpass Valt, but he thinks the only way to become strong is by emulating him and his bey. That's the reason he's doing this, not because he thinks it will prove he's on Valt's level, he thinks it's the only way to get to Valt's level. He's not charting his own course to becoming strong, he's trying to walk Valt's road to get there.

They directly stated he aspires to be closer to Valt. He can only use a nickname (Valt brother) because he's not close enough to Valt to call him his first name. To do this he will prove he is on the same level.

That's not acutally what the bio said. It said that he calls Valt big brother; it's a term of endearment, it's something Kit used to do as well. It said that he wants to overcome Valt and that he believes Valtryek is the best bey, not that he's trying to prove he's on Valt's level by using it. He's trying to get to Valt's level by using Valtryek, he thinks the only way to become strong is by using it. He directly states that in episode 11. He's walking Valt's road instead of his own.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:43 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:35 AM)Instarez Wrote: No one ever claimed this lol

That's not acutally what the bio said. It said that he calls Valt big brother. It said that he wants to overcome Valt and that he believes Valtryek is the best bey, not that he's trying to prove he's on Valt's level by using it. He's trying to get to Valt's level by using Valtryek, he thinks the only way to become strong is by using it. He directly states that in episode 11. He's walking Valt's road instead of his own.
My bad it says that he’s actually trying to surpass Valt, however to surpass someone of course you have to be on the same level. That’s common sense. Some random super weak blader can’t beat Valt. However if he has Valkyrie and if he can use it like Valt, he gets to be on the same level, and then would hypothetically use it better and in turn be stronger.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:46 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:43 AM)Admiral W Wrote: That's not acutally what the bio said. It said that he calls Valt big brother. It said that he wants to overcome Valt and that he believes Valtryek is the best bey, not that he's trying to prove he's on Valt's level by using it. He's trying to get to Valt's level by using Valtryek, he thinks the only way to become strong is by using it. He directly states that in episode 11. He's walking Valt's road instead of his own.
My bad it says that he’s actually trying to surpass Valt, however to surpass someone of course you have to be on the same level. That’s common sense. Some random super weak blader can’t beat Valt. However if he has Valkyrie and if he can use it like Valt, he gets to be on the same level, and then would hypothetically use it better and in turn be stronger.

It's his goal. Just because it's his goal doesn't mean he's there yet. Doesn't mean he's on Valt's level. It was Kitt's goal to surpass Valt, but he never reached Valt's level. Rashad is working towards that. He's believes the only way to get there and to get strong is by using Valtryek; he says exactly that in episode 11. He's emulating Valt in order to try and reach and surpass Valt.

Again there's nothing to suggest he can use Valtryek as well as Valt can, and as I stated before, just because he's using Valtryek doesn't mean he's on Valt's level. Rashad doesn't have a connection to Valtryek, especially not one nearly as strong as Valt's connection to Valtryek which is what makes all difference in the end.