Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

Ahaha, pretty much.
Lol, yup, I still haven't even found anything in the new releases that can compete with it, although OHD and ORD are super close, I can't even tell which is even better at this point
(Nov. 19, 2015  6:13 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Lol, yup, I still haven't even found anything in the new releases that can compete with it, although OHD and ORD are super close, I can't even tell which is even better at this point

The metagame is saved!
Lol, yeah, Quake, Horosood and Minoboros definitely aren't saving it. Extreme should though hopefully. If it is anything like the one I made, then it should definitely do the trick. Hopefully Excalibur and Force are good as well. It's so far away though Crying
(Nov. 19, 2015  7:17 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Lol, yeah, Quake, Horosood and Minoboros definitely aren't saving it. Extreme should though hopefully. If it is anything like the one I made, then it should definitely do the trick. Hopefully Excalibur and Force are good as well. It's so far away though Crying

Gyro could be

Yggracil ring Gyro vs odin heavy defence
Ok, I have added Odin Heavy Defense/Claw to Defense, Stamina, and Balance under a Stamina/Defense hybrid.

Does anyone think Odin Heavy/Spread Accel should be added for Mobile Defense?

Now that more people have tried out Amaterios and Assault what should be done with them? My intuition tells me Assault should be added to the Deathscyther Staller and Mobile Defense combos but we need to see some testing first.
Yeah anyone did odin central defense vs odin central claw
Yeah, I woukd add Odin Heavy/Spread Accel to mobile defense for sure. And yeah, I would basically add Assault to every place that has Accel. I think it's top tier for attack and mobile defense. It's harder to use for attack, but that shouldnt keep it off the list
Let add Odin Armed Claw as well!
I'd say we can probably remove Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive completely. I'm not to sure how they preform against Odin Heavy Claw, but from @[Blitz]'s tests, Odin Heavy Defense puts a stop to them easily. Deathscyther is still a viable option for Stamina but with Odin up there and being so much better for Defense, it just seems kind of useless to have up there.

(Nov. 16, 2015  10:04 PM)Blitz Wrote: Odin Heavy Defense VS Valkyrie Heavy Survive

Equipment: BeyStadium Standard Type, BeyLauncher + Launcher Rubber + Logger
Procedure: OHD launched first each round, Valkyrie has been used a fair amount.

Odin Heavy Defense: 15 Wins (6 by OS, 8 by BF & 1 by KO)
Valkyrie Heavy Survive: 5 Wins (3 by BF & 2 by KO)
Draws: 2 (double burst)
It is completely normal for certain types of combinations to efficiently counter other types of customizations though. It does not make them second-tier necessarily. Also, a top-tier list is never made with just one test result from one person.
(Nov. 19, 2015  2:27 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I'd say we can probably remove Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive completely. I'm not to sure how they preform against Odin Heavy Claw, but from @[Blitz]'s tests, Odin Heavy Defense puts a stop to them easily. Deathscyther is still a viable option for Stamina but with Odin up there and being so much better for Defense, it just seems kind of useless to have up there.

(Nov. 16, 2015  10:04 PM)Blitz Wrote: Odin Heavy Defense VS Valkyrie Heavy Survive

Equipment: BeyStadium Standard Type, BeyLauncher + Launcher Rubber + Logger
Procedure: OHD launched first each round, Valkyrie has been used a fair amount.

Odin Heavy Defense: 15 Wins (6 by OS, 8 by BF & 1 by KO)
Valkyrie Heavy Survive: 5 Wins (3 by BF & 2 by KO)
Draws: 2 (double burst)
I usually keep away from posting in burst threads (as I'm not really that involved in the meta right now) but he did say that the Valkyrie was used heavily, that might've effected the performance some, especially considering it was bursted 8 times. It would probably be better to wait for some more tests before drawing to many conclusions.
Maybe now that Odin is banned we should update this?

Here is a list I think is appropriate (i probably forgot some stuff so just add anything you think deserves to be on the tier list)

Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Force Xtreme/Assault/Accel
Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme
Amaterios Heavy Xtreme

Defense
Stationary
Wyvern Armed/Heavy Claw/Needle
Neptune Heavy/Armed Defense/Claw/Needle
Mobile
Wyvern Heavy Zephyr/Accel/Blow

Stamina
Stationary
Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread Defense/Survive
Chaos Heavy/Ring Defense/Survive (Easily bursted, but has the best stamina in the game)
Mobile
Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread Zephyr/Accel/Blow

Balance
Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Needle/Claw/Survive
Hm, do we know about Zephyr and Neptune for sure ? I think we should wait for more tests from others.
(Feb. 03, 2016  7:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, do we know about Zephyr and Neptune for sure ? I think we should wait for more tests from others.

Mitsu also agreed on zephyr being good, it would be great if we could get more people in on it though, and since tooth wear is not a problem anymore there should be more tests (They've been fixed from B-23 forward, unfortunately Gold Valk still has bad teeth, so that would be the only problem in testings), but yeah Neptune does need more tests for sure, I just personally found it pretty good.

I did some minor tests with Zephyr vs Accel stalling and Zephyr managed to OS DHD right when it was getting to the bottom, while accel just barely won most of the time (sometimes DHD won), versus Zephyr where it won basically all of its battles stamina wise (it got bursted sometimes).
Yeah, Zephyr is definitely very good. I'll post my tests on it later in the day Smile

I'm honestly not sure about Neptune though. Slopes seem to play a factor in Burst defense. Wyvern still seems to remain the competitive go-to because of it.
I only used it for two battles at Beyblade Shogatsu (and won both), but Valkyrie Force Zephyr did well for me. Based on my (admittedly, little) experience with it so far, I'd say Zephyr deserves a spot somewhere on the list. Cool to hear that it actually seems to have better Stamina than Accel too.

Amaterios Heavy Xtreme seems debatable to me at this point. No real tournament success yet. I have tested it a little and found it to be OK, but I think we need a few more people to test it before it's added to the list.
Yeah sorry I was a bit busy these last few days. I've just updated it with basically the list 1234beyblade posted with a few differences.

I kept ɑssault on Mobile Defense (I feel like it has more of a chance of outrunning Xtreme in the event that the Beyblades are chasing each other, and also hits with more speed than Accel/Zephyr/Blow in the event that the Beyblades collide head on). I also think Spread should stay on Mobile Defense as the extra LAD can really help you out at the end of the battle when facing Heavy.

I also didn't put the stationary Chaos combo on the list either. Sure, it does have the best Stamina in the game, but being Burst by almost everything else gives it too much of a weakness for it to be considered competitive. MF-L Phantom (Stamina Mode) Cygnus B:D has the best Stamina in MFB, but it isn't listed as Top Tier because it is too easily KOed by too many other combos to be viable in a competitive situation.

Also what does everyone think about Deathscyther Spread/Ring/Heavy/ Accel/Zephyr/Blow as a Stamina/Attack Hybrid rather than pure Stamina? I know at least 1234beyblade has stated that DHA can land some decent Attacks, but what does everyone else think?

I also think Attack and Defense should be divided into Burst Attack and Burst Defense as well, but I'm not 100% sure on what goes where (like for example I think ɑmaterios Xtreme is a mix between the two, similarly to Heavy Claw setups for Defense).
something I don't understand why balance hybrid Stamina/attack is DeathScyther on attack type drivers. normaly DeathScyther is an Attack Layer with an awesome Stamina. IMO it could be in the same categories of Hybrid Att/Stamina or may be I miss something in the explanation of that categories of hybrid.
Deathscyther is billed as an Attack-type Layer but it's more successful at Stamina than Attack, IMO.
I never said Deathscyther has decent attack, that would be stars.
I'd only ever use Deathscyther X Accel for attack if I had badly misjudged the matchup and felt that KO/Burst was my only way of winning.
ok I understand now hah thx to clarify it!
so spriggan is now outclassed?!
Spriggan has never been top-tier IMO. Sorry @[Kei].