Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

Isn't wyvern heavy/central blow is far better then accel?
So.. whats the best wheel for each class at this point? I know DeathScyther is the best for stamina, but what about Defense and attack?
(Nov. 13, 2015  5:51 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: So.. whats the best wheel for each class at this point? I know DeathScyther is the best for stamina, but what about Defense and attack?

Deathscyther isn't the best for stamina.

Attack:Valkyrie/Spriggan
Defense:Wyvern
StaminaGaspdin
I don't personally own an Odin, but judging by how close Zoroaste's mirror match testings between the two were, it seems kind of hard to say which one is the better option.

EDIT: @[FIREFIRE], as far as I know, we don't actually have any official testings on Blow. I don't own one like I don't Odin, but it seems pretty interesting. Not as aggressive as an Accel but also quite a bit more stamina.
Yeah, it is super close, but I think that when they seemed to be launched at the same exact rpm, Odin had just a tiny bit more stamina. You and your opponents launch strength will likely decide the outcome of a match between the two
Yeah I have good stamina and OK attack. Perfect for mobile defense. (except it can't gain it's balance after getting knocked off balance as you can see in this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mejLGon1J8M )
(Nov. 13, 2015  5:19 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Isn't wyvern heavy/central blow is far better then accel?

Why do you think so?
I am kind of on the fence about Blow (for stalling, I don't think it is aggressive enough for attack). It seems, with a really powerful launch, that you can get it to stall well, and that it has more stamina than Accel, because of the smaller surface area in contact with the stadium floor. The only problem I see, is when it gets hit (and the weaker the launch, the more this is a problem). It seems that when it gets hit, it loses a great deal of stamina, moreso than Accel. Some battles seem like it is better than Accel and some battles it seems to be the other way around. Does anybody else have thoughts on this?
Ultimately, using Blow doesn't translate to winning matches. Not in my experience, anyway.
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  5:19 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Isn't wyvern heavy/central blow is far better then accel?

Why do you think so?

Because blow has very close speed (if not the same) to accel but more stamina and it can retain flower patten better then accel. More stamina and same (or more) defense then accel make it better mobile defense driver. How accel stay more close to exit increase chances knock outing, also it can attack rapidly again and again with more stamina then accel (see in this video)
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:49 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Why do you think so?

Because blow has very close speed (if not the same) to accel but more stamina and it can retain flower patten better then accel. More stamina and same (or more) defense then accel make it better mobile defense driver. How accel stay more close to exit increase chances knock outing, also it can attack rapidly again and again with more stamina then accel (see in this video)

For what I saw, the flower pattern was not better than accel, it needed at least one hit with trident in order to aim to the center of the stadium (it bounced back and forth basically)
Also when it lost certain amount of stamina started to lay in the center of the stadium

Even having that in mind I don't think they have a weak launch, so, if you need a really strong launch to have any flower pattern launch, it doesn't relay on skill, but power, so is not reliable for all
Even with a very powerful launch, Blow doesn't seem to have enough speed while flowering and thus doesn't have enough attack power to do enough damage to a good defense bey. Even with the best launch, it acts like Accel does with a weak sliding shoot, not hitting hard enough and bursting itself. It flowers the easiest because it is the slowest. The attack speed of a beyblade is directly related to the amount of friction that it's tip has on the stadium floor. So Blow has the least, then Accel, then Assault and then presumably Extreme will be the fastest. The only thing I am on the fence about is it's ability as a mobile defense driver and it doesn't seem to even be good for that, because it seems to lose any extra stamina that it may have when it gets hit and knocked off balance
(Nov. 15, 2015  2:58 AM)Izhkoort Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:49 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: [quote='Bey Brad' pid='1295720' dateline='1447529689']

Why do you think so?

Also when it lost certain amount of stamina started to lay in the center of the stadium

With heavy/ring will gain balance back better then central.

With central
With heavy (disk)
So when used with Valk, Blow cant get enough momentum to perform strong attacks... Is this a result of Valkyrie though? Is Valkyrie meant for momentum based attack or is there a wheel in Burst with actual smash attack yet?
(Nov. 18, 2015  4:12 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: So when used with Valk, Blow cant get enough momentum to perform strong attacks... Is this a result of Valkyrie though? Is Valkyrie meant for momentum based attack or is there a wheel in Burst with actual smash attack yet?

I don't know about MFB, but in plastics and HMS smash attack is entirely dependent on momentum.
Ok, then. I used the wrong term to describe it. I'm probably thinking of something else.
(Nov. 18, 2015  5:31 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Ok, then. I used the wrong term to describe it. I'm probably thinking of something else.

If you mean the "Barrage" mode of certain 4D wheels, that are based on "wearing" the opponents stamina by hitting them, there wasn't competitive beyblades using this kind of subtype(?) because it could backfire easily, a normal KO was more reliable than a that
No, I meant a Bey that gets its attack power not form moving fast, but from large protrusions in its design that give it attack power even at slow speeds.
(Nov. 18, 2015  8:53 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: No, I meant a Bey that gets its attack power not form moving fast, but from large protrusions in its design that give it attack power even at slow speeds.

You mean something like lightning or blitz? Blitz striker 100rsf use a not so aggressive tip.

This video prove blitz attack power. It can ko something like mf-h twisted tempo 130rs at very rpm and speed you mean something like that right?
(Nov. 18, 2015  11:06 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Yes, exactly that.

Its called smash attack

By looking in this and few other videos it looks like no burst have that strong smash attack when not moving fast. Though Valkyrie and deathsyther have good smash attack but at slow speed they both are not as good (burst finish!!! Lol) I think extreme (driver) will be game changer if I don't self burst.

https://youtu.be/-acivncwBME
On a more relevant note ...

Is anyone in objection to the immediate addition of Odin Heavy Defense? The test results and tournament success is more than enough to warrant its addition.
(Nov. 17, 2015  12:03 AM)Mitsu Wrote: I'd say OHD is probably better than Wyvern Heavy Claw/Survive, but I still think Wyvern Heavy Accel (and most likely Odin Heavy Accel) are better as well. But even then, I think it's the safest option in a case where someone can be going stamina but also with attack in the mix.

I'd say we can probably remove Deathscyther for stamina and replace it with OHD and OHC.

It seems like Odin Heavy Defense is also passable for Defense as well. OHD is probably not the best option for defense but is for stamina. Not sure if I'd want it added to balance as a hybrid because the amount of defense and stamina isn't as equally distributed, but would add it to both areas rather.
So in the meta currently, Survive is better for defense than Defense, and Defense is better for stamina than Survive? Man, that's messed up lol.

Should Deathsycther be removed, tho? I mean, it may be the second best at Stamina but its still viable, yes?
November 2015 Update

GOD TIER

Odin Heavy Defense

TRASH TIER

Everything else