Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

The revolve I used on DSR was optimal, but the one on VGR was the dud one I guess? It doesn't that much anymore haha.
(Jun. 07, 2016  12:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: All I am bringing up is that if you talk about how one combination defeated Revolve customizations easily, then those who used the latter should come forward and confirm whether their Revolve is defective, or normal. Does it not make sense?

So far there is almost one chance in two of having a defect, so this seems like legitimate grounds for verifications.
If the chance is one in two, I am extremely doubtful that every revolve I faced was the bad mold. Just test the combo against both molds and see the results.

It looks like @[PidgeotWiz] had the bad mold, he actually lost the bottom piece to his revolve at one point and had to switch Drivers.
(Jun. 07, 2016  3:50 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2016  12:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: All I am bringing up is that if you talk about how one combination defeated Revolve customizations easily, then those who used the latter should come forward and confirm whether their Revolve is defective, or normal. Does it not make sense?

So far there is almost one chance in two of having a defect, so this seems like legitimate grounds for verifications.
If the chance is one in two, I am extremely doubtful that every revolve I faced was the bad mold. Just test the combo against both molds and see the results.

It looks like @[PidgeotWiz] had the bad mold, he actually lost the bottom piece to his revolve at one point and had to switch Drivers.

Speaking of that piece, I ended up finding it in my backpack, but I accidentally left the driver in @[Yami]'s toolbox when I was looking at pieces before heading out, so now I'm here with an Xtreme driver while the bottomless Revolve sits in his box. Really wish he'd get back to me so we could fix this situation.
This list needs to be updated badly here's a proposal based on mitsu's combost list in what to buy in burst

Quote:
Using the pieces above, you can make these competitive combos:

ATTACK
Valkyrie Heavy/Force/Gravity Xtreme
Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme

DEFENSE
Wyvern Heavy/Gravity/Spread Zephyr
Wyvern Heavy/Gravity/Spread Revolve
Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Gravity Orbit
Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Gravity Revolve

STAMINA
Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Gravity Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Gravity Defense

BALANCE
Deathscyther Ring/Spread/Heavy Zephyr/Accel
Valkyrie Heavy/Spread/Gravity Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Gravity Orbit
Dark Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Gravity Orbit
Neptune Spread/Heavy Zephyr
Neptune Heavy/Gravity/Spread Revolve
Valkyrie Heavy/Force Zephyr

Things to add/consider
V2 and O2 tests have shown to be on par with Valkyrie and xcalibur
Neptune has a good mix of Defenser and stamina but is it good enough for either of the categories individually?
Thanks MJ99TCGGaming for revised version. here are somethings, i think we should considered ]

I think you should add Spread or Knuckle on Valkyrie _ Accel/Zypher.

Add Needle and Claw to Defence too, I know they are old parts but they aren't outclassed at all.

I think VG/S/FN should be added. It's very good stationery attack type and Needle have little bit movement then Revolve, which could help it avoid KO better + it's has good grip and due to movement it can dodge attackers and KO/Burst Stamina types that a Survive/Revolve can't Burst/KO

I just meant we should not overlook old parts like assault, Blow, [b]Defence[b] as they still do there job pretty well
I've been meaning to propose an update to this for a while, but got sidetracked with the New York thing and the Dark Knight thing. Changes are in bold?
Quote:
Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

Attack
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Force/Spread/Gravity Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr (removed ɑssault)
  • Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme (removed ɑmaterios)
  • Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle Xtreme/Accel

Defense
  • Wyvern/Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Gravity Defense/Gyro/Claw/Needle/Revolve/Orbit

Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Defense/Gyro/Claw/Revolve (removed Survive)

Balance
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Spread/Gravity Claw/Revolve/Orbit/Needle (removed Survive)
  • Neptune Heavy/Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Revolve/Orbit
  • Deathscyther/Dark Deathscyther Heavy/Gravity Orbit
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Ring Accel/Zephyr (moved from Stamina, removed Blow)

I have my own ideas about what I would want the tier list to look like, but some of them are different to what the rest of the community thinks so I should probably let everyone else decide. It's no secret that personally I would love to split Attack and Defense into Burst/KO based subsections, but there are a few people who disagree that such a split exists and their opinions should be respected too. I also want Armed up there somewhere, although no one else seems to like it (though Kei was kind enough to try it a few times). Being the hardest Disk to Burst has to be useful somehow right?

I removed assault and amaterios from Attack since they don't seem to see much use whatsoever (assault has a niche use as a Staller killer with some Stamina, and I don't think amaterios is as powerful as the other Layers listed), but that's up for debate. I think most of us will agree that Survive is outclassed by Revolve, if not already Claw and Gyro.

Also got rid of Mobile Defense entirely since it's pretty much irrelevant in today's meta. From the beginning it was a risky style of play since it relied so heavily on predicting how your opponent would launch, and a bad prediction could easily result in you being KOed or Bursted. Now with Xtreme existing and assault being easier to obtain even predicting correctly generally isn't enough to save you.

Speaking of mobile combos, I also moved the Deathscyther Staller to Balance since despite being a competitive option it doesn't really have the raw Stamina to contend with Revolve (except maybe VHR and WHR actually nevermind STH beat Time in this matchup), though they still stand a good chance of outspinning Defense/Claw/Gyro and other Stationary things with a lower risk of Bursting.

What does everyone else think?
List looks good I would say move the accel/zephyr attack combos to balance
I think the list looks fine, but what changes would you want, Wambot? I think it would be interesting to see what you would recommend changing.
I agree with MJ99TCGGaming. I was at GOOD OLD CANADA BEY and saw Valkyrie on Accel OS Stamina after getting some good hits in and stalling. I think it could be used as an Attack/Stamina hybrid.
This may have been posted before, but anybody ever try Obelisk Odin Spread Zephyr? I was just playing around with it and it was unstoppable. Generally Odin is unstoppable.
(Jul. 25, 2016  11:42 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: This may have been posted before, but anybody ever try Obelisk Odin Spread Zephyr? I was just playing around with it and it was unstoppable. Generally Odin is unstoppable.

Yep You're right Odin is unstoppable that's why(You probably heard of this already this) The WBO banned The Layer Odin in tournaments because it's to OP
(Jul. 24, 2016  2:34 PM)Hato Wrote: I think the list looks fine, but what changes would you want, Wambot? I think it would be interesting to see what you would recommend changing.

Dream ⋆ List (WIP) (Click to View)

(Jul. 24, 2016  10:08 AM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: List looks good I would say move the accel/zephyr attack combos to balance

(Jul. 24, 2016  4:10 PM)jonahblader13 Wrote: I agree with MJ99TCGGaming. I was at GOOD OLD CANADA BEY and saw Valkyrie on Accel OS Stamina after getting some good hits in and stalling. I think it could be used as an Attack/Stamina hybrid.

All right, that sounds fair enough. As odd as it sounds, in the list spoilered above I felt the need to single out Valkyrie Spread Zephyr in particular for Balance over the other Valk/V2 ____ Accel/Zephyr listed, if only because of the Disk. Spread has more Stamina and OWD than Heavy or Force and while it has less than Gravity, it is more resistant to Bursting and has the smooth edge, which makes it a better Disk for Stalling. It's honestly not too much of a stretch to say that VSZ stands a good chance of winning against almost every other competitive combo on the list, except Xtreme based combos.

The current actual working list:
Quote:
Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

Attack
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Force/Spread/Gravity Xtreme Removed Accel & Zephyr)
  • Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
  • Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle Xtreme Removed Accel & Zephyr)

Defense
  • Wyvern/Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Gravity Defense/Gyro/Claw/Needle/Revolve/Orbit

Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread/Gravity/KnuckleDefense/Gyro/Claw/Revolve

Balance
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Spread/Gravity Claw/Revolve/Orbit/Needle
  • Neptune Heavy/Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Revolve/Orbit
  • Deathscyther/Dark Deathscyther Heavy/Gravity Orbit
  • Deathscyther/Neptune Heavy/Spread/Ring Accel/Zephyr
  • Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr (moved from Attack)
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Force/Spread/GravityAccel]/Zephyr (moved from Attack)

(Jul. 26, 2016  1:16 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2016  11:42 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: This may have been posted before, but anybody ever try Obelisk Odin Spread Zephyr? I was just playing around with it and it was unstoppable. Generally Odin is unstoppable.

Yep You're right Odin is unstoppable that's why(You probably heard of this already this) The WBO banned The Layer Odin in tournaments because it's to OP

Remember, Obelisk Odin and Odin are two completely different parts despite having similar names, and they perform in different ways. Just because the original Odin was a powerhouse doesn't mean that all of its iterations will be (just look at Wyvern vs W2 or Libra vs Flame Libra).

I was actually advised to purchase O2 because I was told it had good Burst Attack, but that was later only found to be true against Odin (which I can't even replicate myself, IMO the Layer just sucks for Attack in general). I believe O2SZ was one of the first combos I tried when I got Obelisk Odin and while it did ok vs some Wyvern and Deathscyther combos I personally didn't find it very impressive.

Something I forgot to ask about in my last post: Minoboros Anti-Attack. The idea has been thrown around a couple times, but has it ever actually been tested? In 1234beyblade's Round Robin CBT some Minoboros Xtreme combo demolishes Valkyrie Xtreme 3-0 or 3-1 so I think it's worth taking a look at if it hasn't been tested already. That particular CBT is also where you can check out VSZ in action.
One of the first combos I wanted to do with Xtreme was Minoboros Heavy Xtreme. After a long time I finally got an Xtreme now and played a bit with Minoboros Heavy Xtreme. It´s a cool combo but it´s attack potential isn´t that good from what I´ve seen. k1mboslice1305 did battle with Minoboros Heavy Xtreme against his girlfriend who used Deathscyther Heavy Accel which is the same combo ManticoreKid used when he battled against me some time ago. Minoboros Heavy Xtreme lost against Deathscyther Heavy Accel but won in a rematch.
Trans should be added to the stationary Valkyrie combos and yielding should be added wherever revolve is
(Sep. 28, 2016  10:08 AM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: Trans should be added to the stationary Valkyrie combos and yielding should be added wherever revolve is

Its both stationary and mobile but beyhaha
Bumping this so something can get done about it

Quote:Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Force/Spread/Gravity Xtreme
Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle Xtreme

Defense
Wyvern/Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Gravity Defense/Gyro/Claw/Needle/Revolve/Orbit/Yielding

Stamina
Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Defense/Gyro/Claw/Revolve/Yielding

Balance
Valkyrie Heavy/Spread/Gravity Claw/Revolve/Orbit/Needle/Yielding/Trans
Neptune Heavy/Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Revolve/Orbit/Yielding
Deathscyther/Dark Deathscyther Heavy/Gravity Orbit
Deathscyther/Neptune Heavy/Spread/Ring Accel/Zephyr
Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr
Valkyrie Heavy/Force/Spread/Gravity Accel/Zephyr/Trans

@[Kei] @[Bey Brad] @[Mitsu] @[Kai-V] @[1234beyblade] @[Wombat] @[Cake] any additions or objections?
maybe Obelisk odin for attack and balance
Attack
V2 seems too inconsistent to me to be on the tier list, it's like the chaos of attack types.

Defense
I think K2 should be off there and Baldur should be up there instead of it.
Wyvern/Baldur | Heavy/Gravity/Armed | Revolve/Claw/Bite/Orbit

Stamina
Take out Ring, Claw, and Gyro from the stamina type combo, it's outclassed.

Balance
Take out Deathscyther and Ring, stall doesn't exist anymore, but that neptune combo is good for mobile defense, though I really don't think mobile defense is really relevant at this point. So it could be debatable if this as a whole should even be there.

Would add trans on there.

Would remove force and spread and replace it with Triple and Knuckle.
Baldur? Has anyone even used it in a tournament at all? As far as I have read on here, only Kei posted his observations and that was that Baldur was merely decent. At least Kaiser Kerbeus was used in winning combinations in events.
Quote:Wyvern/Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Gravity Defense/Gyro/Claw/Needle/Revolve/Orbit/Yielding

Needle is pretty cool and I do like it as a Driver. However, it isn't super gripped to the stadium floor, which results in an inconsistent Defense type. It is also aggressive with a hard launch, so gripped or not, you're closer to the pockets for a period of time.

One thing I believe we need to keep in mind is keeping pieces that haven't been tested on certain combinations off the list. There are some exceptions, but an example of this is Yielding, which has good stamina but doesn't necessarily mean it has the greatest defense in the world.

Another thing we should also keep in mind is that versatility plays a pretty big role in Beyblade Burst. Top-tier combos should be consistent in most areas. I have pretty limited experience with Kaiser Kerbeus but I do not believe it really deserves a spot up there. I've said this in the past, but Wyvern has comparable Defense and much better Stamina. The Kaiser Kerbeus tests here also kind of say something.

Wyvern + Orbit seems more Balance, does it not?

Quote:Balance
Deathscyther Heavy/Gravity Orbit

Probably more fitting under Stamina?
(Oct. 12, 2016  2:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Baldur? Has anyone even used it in a tournament at all? As far as I have read on here, only Kei posted his observations and that was that Baldur was merely decent. At least Kaiser Kerbeus was used in winning combinations in events.

Me and kei tested it at an event before, it destroyed every attack type kei threw at it. Mine recently broke so yeah, cant really back that up but i know it's god tier for defense. But then again im gonna contradict myself, defense doesn't really exist so I guess scratch that.
Well if you guys never share your findings to the community and nobody else confims it, for sure it should not really be added as top-tier hah. At least for now.
(Oct. 12, 2016  2:46 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2016  2:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Baldur? Has anyone even used it in a tournament at all? As far as I have read on here, only Kei posted his observations and that was that Baldur was merely decent. At least Kaiser Kerbeus was used in winning combinations in events.

Me and kei tested it at an event before, it destroyed every attack type kei threw at it. Mine recently broke so yeah, cant really back that up but i know it's god tier for defense. But then again im gonna contradict myself, defense doesn't really exist so I guess scratch that.

Was it straight BBB or Baldur with other parts?
(Oct. 12, 2016  2:36 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Attack
V2 seems too inconsistent to me to be on the tier list, it's like the chaos of attack types.

Defense
I think K2 should be off there and Baldur should be up there instead of it.
Wyvern/Baldur | Heavy/Gravity/Armed | Revolve/Claw/Bite/Orbit

Stamina
Take out Ring, Claw, and Gyro from the stamina type combo, it's outclassed.

Balance
Take out Deathscyther and Ring, stall doesn't exist anymore, but that neptune combo is good for mobile defense, though I really don't think mobile defense is really relevant at this point. So it could be debatable if this as a whole should even be there.

Would add trans on there.

Would remove force and spread and replace it with Triple and Knuckle.

The lack of D2 on your list gives me the premonition that it's getting banned soon, lol

Attack: I still rather like V2 on Xtreme, though I will admit it's a lot less consistent on Accel and Zephyr and I wouldn't put it on anything Stationary. Not a huge fan of Xcalibur on anything but Xtreme either.

Defense: K2 still sees quite a bit of use in non-Toronto places. I know Yami (was) a huge fan of it, Stormscorpio1 and I think loyd87 have used it, and I know someone in the UK used it (I want to say Balance Blader?). Can't really say my opinion about Baldur since I know frustratingly little about it (The Layer looks good for Smash but it's actually good at Defense? Is Bumper useful at all? Bite was getting outspun by Xtreme in a few videos I saw, is it really viable? How is Bite for a RB-Attack type thing? How does it compare to Unite?). As for Wyvern, unless they have a perfect one like 1234beyblade does, I'm surprised that anyone still uses it over Neptune. I find it has much worse Stamina and is much easier to Burst than Neptune while being harder to KO, but as KO Attackers are pretty rare in the current meta the cons of using it seem to outweigh the pros.

Stamina: I don't have a problem with removing Claw and Euro, but I know a few people here still think Ring is good? I know JoJo and Dark both used it on their Deathscyther Revolves (though I think Dark prefers DKY now). Aside from that one random Unicorn combo I would never use Ring over Spread, but this list isn't just my opinion so we should probably see what others have to say.

Balance
I'm not fully convinced that Stallers are unviable quite yet, how does DSA stack up against D2 Gravity Defense/Orbit? I was getting VST to almost OS D2HD consistently (as in D2 would only win by a few rotations, but this could translate into a win with someone who is better at controlling Trans, or if the D2 player mispredicts and Weak Launches).

I was never a huge fan of Mobile Defense either since I never saw the point in it. As Mitsu said, you're just closer to the exits, and even on same-speed tips (Accel vs. Accel, etc.) you only have about a 50% chance of guessing the right side of the Tornado Ridge to launch on so you run away from your opponent rather than into them... and if you're up against Xtreme, you get run down no matter which side you choose. It's honestly Stall, but with worse Stamina lol.

Trans can be added to the V2 combo, and while I think V2 is straight up inferior to vanilla Valk on Trans setups, it clearly gets the job done for some people at least. I've also got no problem with adding Knuckle to V_T, but when I first started developing the combo Spread was specifically chosen for its LAD, Stamina, and relatively high Burst Resistance for when it switches to S mode. If Triple is obviously better than Force on Valkyrie, then by all means add Triple and remove Force, but I wouldn't know since I don't own Triple and have never seen the two compared. Speaking of which has anyone ever tried Magnum on Valkyrie either? At the last MD event Time used VMX (though he didn't place, so it won't show up on the list) and was saying how the plastic extends out from beneath the Layer and (might) hit opponents?

I still want to split the list into Burst/KO based subcategories, but I've also pretty much given up on the fact that it's never going to happen.

(Oct. 12, 2016  3:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well if you guys never share your findings to the community and nobody else confirms it, for sure it should not really be added as top-tier hah. At least for now.

I agree with this, despite having done that in past drafts of the list. Unless someone provides test results that show that Baldur is as great as you say for Defense, or it starts popping up on the Winning Combos list at least semi-frequently, it won't be added to the list. But if we won't just take your word for it, and will keep being skeptical of your claim until you support it in some way... well then, OK, that's what we want to believe. e.e
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if D2 doesnt get banned ( though I really think it needs to, but hey, whatever more time to exploit the game) because Brad is extremely against banning stuff as soon as it comes out. Anyway like I said, if only my baldur wasn't broken I would gladly prove it.

D2 can OS DHD if you have a balanced one, no way do I believe stall can beat it, I personally wouldn't be scared of hard launching against a Valk Trans combo with D2 either.

I would never use Neptune over wyvern (though I do agree that Neptune has better defense in certain scenarios (vs Xcal for example) but they both have their pros and cons), even if it wasn't perfect because at least wyvern has a chance of beating D2 unlike Neptune. Side note, but finding a perfect wyvern really is not hard, it's easier than finding a good deathscyther or dark deathscyther from my experience with finding balances.

Lastly, I think if you use ring then you're just asking for a loss lol, it's so easy to burst Ring combos.

But whatever, I have my own tier list that I personally follow, what the public one looks like wouldn't really matter to me in the end, just giving my opinion because I was asked for it xd.