Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

(For help with coming up with combos, please see the Build Me a Combo thread instead.)

Below update put together by MonoDragon and Rebel Blader (August 23, 2018)

Traditional Attack
  • (Level Chip) Winning Valkyrie 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Xtreme/Xtreme'/Hunter/Jolt
  • (Level Chip) Buster Xcalibur 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Xtreme/Xtreme'/Hunter/Jolt (maybe)
Stationary Attack
  • (Level Chip) Winning Valkyrie 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Revolve/Eternal/Orbit/Atomic
  • (Level Chip) Buster Xcalibur 7/0/10 (Meteor/Bump) Revolve/Eternal/Orbit/Atomic (maybe)
Stamina
  • (Level Chip) Archer Hercules 7/10 Eternal/Revolve/Orbit/Atomic
  • (Level Chip) Crash Ragnaruk 7/10 Eternal/Revolve/Orbit/Atomic
Defense
  • (Level Chip) Revive Phoenix 7/0/10 (Cross/Glaive/Meteor/Bump) Orbit/Atomic/(maybe Friction)
Defense/Stamina Hybrid
  • (Level Chip) Hell Salamander 7/0/10 (Cross/Glaive/Bump) Atomic
Spin Equalizing
  • Spriggan Requiem 4/5/7/0/10 (Glaive/Cross/Star/Bump) Atomic/Destroy/Bearing
  • (Level Chip) Hell Salamander 4/5/7/0/10 (Cross/Glaive/Star/Bump) Orbit/Atomic/Bearing

Original Post (Click to View)
I would take Defense off of the Wyvern combo, because it really is a lot worse than Survive. I would be OK with adding Kerbeus Heavy Survive as a hybrid, because it seems to spin longer than Wyvern and take hits better than Deathscyther. Deathscyther Spread Accel is definitely a good mobile stamina type and should definitely be added.
(Oct. 17, 2015  7:31 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: I would take Defense off of the Wyvern combo, because it really is a lot worse than Survive. I would be OK with adding Kerbeus Heavy Survive as a hybrid, because it seems to spin longer than Wyvern and take hits better than Deathscyther. Deathscyther Spread Accel is definitely a good mobile stamina type and should definitely be added.

I agree with removing the Defense Driver from Wyvern, but the reason I kept it up there because Mitsu had it up on his list in What to Buy to be Successful in Burst.

Anyone who's well versed in Burst want to weigh in on Kerbeus Heavy/Spread Survive and Deathscyther Spread Accel? @[Bey Brad] @[Kei] @[Mitsu] @[1234beyblade] @[gankoba] @[ZachBob] @[-HB-] @[Manicben] Sorry if I left anyone out, these were just the people off the top of my head.
Kerbeus Heavy Survive: 34g
Kerbeus Spread Survive: 34g
Deathscyther Spread Accel: 34g

About Wyvern Heavy Defense, I don't own a Wyvern myself and really just listened to 1234beyblade's perspective and his testings. But I do recall Zoroaste mentioning that it wasn't so great in his Wyvern Heavy Survive (also really iffy about Survive personally) thread.

I don't see a problem with adding Kerbeus Heavy/Spread Survive. It seems like it has OK defense and OK stamina too. At Toronto's BOTS event, @[ULTIMATE BLAZE]'s Kerbeus Heavy Survive managed to out-spin my Kerbeus Heavy Defense. It'd be cool if someone can confirm the results I got.

@[1234beyblade] and I are absolutely in love with Deathscyther Spread Accel. I'd add it to Balance for sure.

EDIT: Also, Burst terminology. Instead of Attack, Balance, Stamina and Defense, it'd be cool if we can start using Strikers, Balancers, Survivors and Defenders instead. Smile
Why the change in terminology?
Yeah, no need to change the terminology. They didn't end up using that for Burst.

Kerbeus Heavy Survive should definitely be added for it's combination of Stamina and Defensive properties. Better Stamina than Wyvern, better Defense than Deathscyther.

I also think Claw has a place on this list for Defense/Stamina as well.

Can someone explain the exact usage scenarios for Deathscyther Spread Accel? I can understand the idea, but haven't tried it myself. If someone could explain what exactly it can and can't beat that would be great!
(Oct. 17, 2015  9:54 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Kerbeus Heavy Survive: 34g
Kerbeus Spread Survive: 34g
Deathscyther Spread Accel: 34g

About Wyvern Heavy Defense, I don't own a Wyvern myself and really just listened to 1234beyblade's perspective and his testings. But I do recall Zoroaste mentioning that it wasn't so great in his Wyvern Heavy Survive (also really iffy about Survive personally) thread.

I don't see a problem with adding Kerbeus Heavy/Spread Survive. It seems like it has OK defense and OK stamina too. At Toronto's BOTS event, ULTIMATE BLAZE's Kerbeus Heavy Survive managed to out-spin my Kerbeus Heavy Defense. It'd be cool if someone can confirm the results I got.

1234beyblade and I are absolutely in love with Deathscyther Spread Accel. I'd add it to Balance for sure.

EDIT: Also, Burst terminology. Instead of Attack, Balance, Stamina and Defense, it'd be cool if we can start using Strikers, Balancers, Survivors and Defenders instead. Smile

From what I've read around it seems that most people prefer Survive over Defense (Driver) for Defense (Beyblade Type) because as Zoroaste/ZachBob put it Survive has more "give". Since Survive has less friction with the Stadium than Defense more of the force of the impact is directional rather than rotational (meaning it is distributed to pushing the Beyblade away rather than rotating the Layer). That explanation is pseudo-sciencey at best and I'm not sure if that explains it but at least I think that's what happens.

Basically Survive has better "Burst Defense" and Defense (Driver) has better "KO/OF Defense", but from what it seems at this point in time Burst Defense is more valuable. This might change if TAKARA-TOMY releases a Defense Layer with strong teeth.

Claw vs. Survive tests would be useful for seeing if Claw deserves a spot.

For the terminology, I think Over Finish and Spin Finish are still official, but the weird type names got retconned.
List looks good so far, once we all get our hands on the new upcoming releases I think some parts of the list will change haha. Also, for Wyvern Heavy Accel, Spread is a good alternative option for it, I've had tons of success with it. Happy to see Wyvern up on the list after it was claimed as mediocre for a bit, then I tested it and let Brad and Zoroaste know about it, then they were able to get it up on here, nice guys! Really is what testing is about Smile

Regarding Kerbeus Survive vs Kerbeus Defense, it really is just a match of who can launch better than the other and who's Survive is worn out more. At Burst on to the Scene: Toronto, I was able to OS a Kerbeus Survive combination with Kerbeus Defense, but in a later match I lost against it. It really does vary.

And yo @[Mitsu] , as Kei asked, how does Deathscyther Spread Accel perform? If you and 1234beyblade played around with it, you guys should get some tests up! Remember something can't really go on a tier list without tests.
Kerbeus heavy defense isnt on? Why?
(Oct. 26, 2015  4:22 PM)loyd87 Wrote: Kerbeus heavy defense isnt on? Why?

Because it doesn't perform well. Kerbeus can probably be removed from this list entirely with the introduction of Wyvern. But it's also worth considering that Burst is still very new and we don't totally understand its gameplay yet.
Yeah, upon further testing, Wyvern has better stamina for sure. Sorry that I judged it incorrectly. It is very close and I actually won with it, but I was obviously just out launching my opponent. I would argue that Odin needs to be added as well. Odin seems to me to outclass Deathscyther. OSA and OSS are better than their Deathscyther counterparts, by a nose, but a solid nose. I will post tests tonight showing the test results that make me think that. Deathscyther is really close, so maybe we can leave it on, but in my opinion, we should eventually take it off too, after we get more tests done on Odin. And maybe add Valkyrie Spread Survive? I dunno, at first I thought that it was phased out by OSS, but the tests I did were inconclusive and we know that it is good against Deathscyther. So I would change it to:
I removed Kerbeus and added Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive. Not sure what to classify it as, but Attack/Stamina seemed fitting at the time because its primary objective is to Burst the opponent and if that cannot be achieved it can try to OS/SF it.

No offense to you but I'd want to see some other members' input on Odin before adding it. From what gankoba was saying earlier it was doing really well on an Attack setup, have you tried Odin Heavy Accel? And now it also outclasses Deathscyther for Stamina?
(Oct. 26, 2015  6:16 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah, upon further testing, Wyvern has better stamina for sure. Sorry that I judged it incorrectly. It is very close and I actually won with it, but I was obviously just out launching my opponent. I would argue that Odin needs to be added as well. Odin seems to me to outclass Deathscyther. OSA and OSS are better than their Deathscyther counterparts, by a nose, but a solid nose. I will post tests tonight showing the test results that make me think that. Deathscyther is really close, so maybe we can leave it on, but in my opinion, we should eventually take it off too, after we get more tests done on Odin. And maybe add Valkyrie Spread Survive? I dunno, at first I thought that it was phased out by OSS, but the tests I did were inconclusive and we know that it is good against Deathscyther. So I would change it to:

Personally, i think Odin should be added. From my tests it seems to outclass Deathscyther but only by a little bit. We need more tests first. We should leave Deathscyther on the list for now because it is still very good. Also, you put Valkyrie in Balance and Attack. I feel like the defense driver is still good. I gotta do some tests on that. I'm not sure about adding Valkyrie Spread Survive, its a possibility because it beats Deathscyther Spread Survive.
Valk + Survive is a super niche combo and is good at killing Deathscyther, basically. Not sure that I would consider it a "top combo" but if you can safely predict the opponent's Deathscyther then it's an easy road to victory.

I don't think we know enough about Odin yet to say where it belongs, regardless of how extremely promising it looks.
I really like Claw. It's good, but the only bad thing is it scrapes sometimes. It has about as much stamina as Survive.
Survive doesn't scrape, though, so unless Claw has some other compelling advantage — which it very well might, and I'm hoping to find it — then it's difficult to recommend. I guess it could be considered an alternative to Survive though.
I'm iffy on Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive. For one, it's only intended to beat Deathscyther stamina and even then, from what I've experienced at ZANKYE 100K, it's not a reliable counter to it like attack is. It works some of time but definitely not all. Personally, when playing Cadney that day — my DSS versus her VHS — I had won 3-1. But I also know that she went like 6-0 in her block just using it. @[Kei], @[Bey Brad], do you remember what she was able to beat?

EDIT: Guys, we must actually have official testings (more than one or two for sure) to consider adding something to the list. Before we make a decision on what we do with Odin and Claw, we need legitimate tests and definitely some tournament experience.
(Oct. 26, 2015  9:13 PM)Wombat Wrote: No offense to you but I'd want to see some other members' input on Odin before adding it. From what gankoba was saying earlier it was doing really well on an Attack setup, have you tried Odin Heavy Accel? And now it also outclasses Deathscyther for Stamina?
Cool. None taken, we should probably wait until others test it first. From my experience it is not good at conventional attack (on Heavy Accel) because it is not aggressive enough. I haven't done any full on tests though. Some have suggested that maybe Odin Spread Blow might be good as a destabilizer combo. I will test that soon and add it to the testing thread that I will make tonight
(Oct. 26, 2015  9:36 PM)Mitsu Wrote: But I also know that she went like 6-0 in her block just using it. @[Kei], @[Bey Brad], do you remember what she was able to beat?

I believe she beat my Wyvern Heavy Survive with it. I don't recall anything else.
(Oct. 26, 2015  9:36 PM)Mitsu Wrote: EDIT: Guys, we must actually have official testings (more than one or two for sure) to consider adding something to the list.

THIS.

Please guys, when you're suggesting combinations to add, please have tests or winning combinations from tournaments ready to prove the combo.

I'm in love with Claw by the way, it's basically the same as Survive, but has a sharper tip when NIB and it has a lot of more defense than Survive does. The claws allow the Bey to stay in the stadium when it usually would have been KO'd. I recommend tilting the Bey a little bit when launching against an Accel tip, that way you have a better chance of the claws grinding against the bottom of the stadium rather than being KO'd or bursted right away.

Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive should be up there. Just look at how well it did in the last tournament. I was able to win 3 matches with it as well. It beats anything Deathscyther, including Heavy/Spread Accel (not against 1234beyblade's launch though). It's weakness is Wyvern, since Wyvern > Valkyrie.
I beat Kai-V 's Wyvern heavy accel and Wyvern heavy survive. With it. I may be lost one match with it Last sunday
(Oct. 26, 2015  10:59 PM)LMAO Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2015  9:36 PM)Mitsu Wrote: EDIT: Guys, we must actually have official testings (more than one or two for sure) to consider adding something to the list.

THIS.

Please guys, when you're suggesting combinations to add, please have tests or winning combinations from tournaments ready to prove the combo.

It might be worth it to start on the right foot and bring attention back to this : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Finding-...ts-quicker

I really mean no offense either, Wombat, but "tentative" should be written either in the topic title or in the first post, because with this list being in the first post, anybody could take it as the official final list.
So what is the word on Odin and Claw? I know Odin Heavy Defense can OS Deathscyther Spread Survive, but what about other Odin variants such as Odin Heavy/Spread Claw/Survive (maybe Armed Claw too)? And while Claw is better than Survive for Stationary Defense, is it also superior Stamina wise?

EDIT: Forgot about Odin Mobile Defense (as in a type of custom, Mobile is not a Disk), what's everyone's opinion on that? Wyvern is still better, but would Odin be considered competitive as well?
I tried Odin Spread Claw Vs. Odin Spread Defense and Defense just barely won out. But that was before I started trying Heavy.
(Nov. 12, 2015  9:26 PM)Wombat Wrote: So what is the word on Odin and Claw? I know Odin Heavy Defense can OS Deathscyther Spread Survive, but what about other Odin variants such as Odin Heavy/Spread Claw/Survive (maybe Armed Claw too)? And while Claw is better than Survive for Stationary Defense, is it also superior Stamina wise?

EDIT: Forgot about Odin Mobile Defense (as in a type of custom, Mobile is not a Disk), what's everyone's opinion on that? Wyvern is still better, but would Odin be considered competitive as well?

I think Wyvern is still a little better for Defense, but Odin Heavy/Spread Accel can be more safe than using Wyvern Heavy/Spread Accel because Odin has the best stamina in the game and it has a decent amount of Defense. Odin should definitely be on this list. It has a bit more stamina than Deathscyther and its a little harder to burst.