Beyblade Artist Contest! ^_^

Roan Wrote:I don't imagine anyone else putting that much effort into this.

[Image: marusamedragoonsz7.png]
A vector is available if our author here needs 'em. Sorry for the scanner noise and size (click for larger image), but its all I have save the vector right now.

Once again, still a little fuzzy on the rules. If there's another prize to be won I'm interested in competing in the second challenge as well. I've had quite some time on my hands since the end of classes and some ideas, too. Looking forward to it.

Its been a while since I did something like this, it was fun! 0Smile
Marin Wrote:A little confusion on the rules:
How many potential prizes are there to be won? If there are multiple prizes, could someone win multiple prizes?

Look forward to seeing others' stuff; I'm working on something now.

Good-luck everyone.
3 prizes that at this moment in time are..... well I guess thats my secret for now but they aren't going to be cheep.Joyful_3 and yes i said you can enter all three contest with 3 pic's and will all 3 if you are good enough at it so if you want Marin you can enter another one. Joyful_3 VERY GOOD PICS! Cant wait to see the others!
saiyanangel5 Wrote:Here's my entry for the Dragoon Murasame bit beast design. I haven't done any 2D stuff in a while, so it was definitely good practise for me with the good old Photoshop. I might create a 3D model of it later, but not for the contest.

I re-sized the image to fit the page.
[Image: dragoonmurasamehg5.jpg]

Tell me what you guys think.

it looks awesome!
Marin Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I don't imagine anyone else putting that much effort into this.

[Image: marusamedragoonsz7.png]

this one cool two!
Wow, I didn't think anyone would really put any effort into this! Gasp Good job saiyanangel5 and Marin, both entries are awesome.
i like how saiyan's reminds me of a dinosaur and i like dinosaurs

i like how marin's is so cute
bugturtles Wrote:i like how saiyan's reminds me of a dinosaur and i like dinosaurs

I just noticed both designs included jaw-connecting ligaments, haha.

bugturtles Wrote:i like how marin's is so cute

:-3

Takeru Wrote:you can enter all three contest with 3 pic's and will all 3 if you are good enough at it so if you want Marin you can enter another one.

I'll try and set some time for myself this week to get some supplies so I can start working when exams end Grin
Wow those are both awesome guys, but I'm pretty sure mine is still better.
If anything I don't think anyone else will draw a goofier picture than that, it made me laugh so hard I was crying. Joyful_3
Thanks to those who like my design. I can tell that i've got a lot of free time because i'm literally doing nothing at the moment. I've finished my Uni year and i'm waiting for work placement replies and also waiting to move back home.

I'll probably try doing something for the other contests. It'll be interesting thinking what to create.
Marin Wrote:I just noticed both designs included jaw-connecting ligaments, haha.

I think that has, at some point, become the standard for dragon-related designs. I can't remember the last time I saw a dragon or other reptilian beast that wasn't depicted with it.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:I can't remember the last time I saw a dragon or other reptilian beast that wasn't depicted with it.

Well, you know, except for the dragoon fellow both designs were probably based at least a little bit on XD
Well only one week left and only 3 pic's so far, what will the next one look like and who will win?
ok since finals came about I have no choice but to extend the final date from the 21st to the 27th so people you still have time, for those who needed more time got it. Oh yeah and the prizes the prizes are............ the new Takara Beyblade's for FREE paid by me Takeru Joyful_3 I'll be spending a lot of money on you guys that win prizes will be shipped to the winners homes so if this doesn't motavate you I don't know what will. Joyful_3
I'm still in the process of creating the other artwork, so it's good that there's an extension. I've been busy the past week helping my friend create artwork for a game for the BBC.

I have a question about the beyblade design. Do you want it to be a plastic version or HMS?
Progression! If you want you can draw a line of beyblades from the begining till now(like the Beybrakers team) so take your pick the im looking fawerd to the HMS ones.
So, just the Beyblade and not the bitbeast
saiyanangel5 Wrote:I re-sized the image to fit the page.
[Image: dragoonmurasamehg5.jpg]

Wow, Holy Awesomeness, Nice one.

Bey Brad Wrote:Wow those are both awesome guys, but I'm pretty sure mine is still better.

Lol, Yeah if he wants to do it the other way round.
narushi Wrote:So, just the Beyblade and not the bitbeast
Yeah, it has to have a unique design baby! Joyful_3 And the contest has been extended even more to 7/12/08 just to get out all the kinks out and to let everyone have a happy 4th of July!Joyful_3
I'm in the process of moving out my Uni house and back home, so i haven't had time to finish my other beyblade picture. Hopefully i'll have it done by the 4th July.
[Image: dragoonpg1md2.png]

Well that wasn't so hard as I thought it might be :-P And hey, I still have a few hours to go, haha

Some of the above might need some explaining, so here goes.

In the first image we have the full 'blades in all their pseudo-three-dimensional glory. Needless to say, these are from the HMS series, and they're not light on the metal.

[Image: dragoonpg2pp3.png]

For this blade, the strategy is clear: relentless attack. I decided to go in this direction during the preliminary design process 'cause I thought it was an appropriate incarnation of a beyblade named after a sword. I found that the HMS blades never really lived up to their name: so, it was my first decision that both blades should be almost entirely metal to increase spin velocity and give it more attacking power. Even in the first steps of the design there was a huge flaw in the blade: with the solid sword appendages the recoil would have been so high it would've stopped spinning/flipped/jumped out of the stadium just about anytime it hit an obstruction (be it an opponent or a stadium wall). To combat this, I decided to turn my head to the design of gallzy and make a large subordinate attack ring. The idea was that the subordinate ring would spin independently of the main blade, reducing recoil. One thing I always found with the gallzy blade, though, was that the sub-attack ring didn't spin quite freely enough to always absorb hits. I added ball bearing casings to the Weight Disk to reduce friction between the WD and SAR. The core of Marusame Dragoon MS was originally going to be completely metal, but I decided that the added weight wasn't absolutely necessary. The core has a flat, plastic blade base for fast attacking.

The last additions were some decals, the colour scheme (it matches the bit beast design I drew for the other contest), and of course the part names: I went with a fire/water/wind scheme because those are the elements of the 'beast.

[Image: dragoonpg3um9.png]

For Marusame MSVU, I wanted to improve on the original design in as many ways as possible. The first decision was to make the blade as heavy as possible to give it that extra punch it might need. The decision was made to make the attack ring completely metal. This part would be useful both with the subordinate AR in attack combinations and alone in defense combinations. The SAR was increased in diameter, and given a more aggressive design that would be absolutely devastating in battle. Although the SAR is painted gold, the part is completely metal like its predecessors'. Flame Curtain works largely in the same way as far as the bearings are concerned with one majour difference: the skirt of the WD extends about half again more to the ground, increasing the blades weight once again. To deal with the extra weight, the blade needed a new mode of moving. The core was so named Liquid Metal because its super-flat rubber base lets the blade – with some luck – sacrifice endurance for the ultimate one-hit kill.

The new colour-scheme has prominent use of green, the colour of my depiction of Marusame Dragon's eyes. The blade matches Marusame Dragoon's enchanted katana's colour as well.

I was pretty pleased with the result, hope you guys like it too Joyful_3