BeyChannel Revitalization Project!

Oh, wow Tris, very cool! And the narration by Dude, some people have yet to get over the accent! Very faint, though. Congratulations on the face too, by the way. Awesome Smile
The WBO is awesome to have started making videos again! But there are 16 dislikes... Unhappy
But on the bright side, there is also 16 likes!
Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to more Beyblade Lessons!
And Kei, is it okay if we just send you raw footage, or do we have to edit it a bit first?
>Videos must have not been posted on YouTube before
I'm out of luck.

On a more serious note, I'm glad to see that the BeyChannel is finally having more activity, and even more glad that we can now submit our own tournament footage! This is definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion. Smile

Hopefully I can get some tournament footage for you guys, assuming Georgia gets 8 active tourney-goers again... :\
(Oct. 16, 2012  8:57 PM)BladerPegasis Wrote: And Kei, is it okay if we just send you raw footage, or do we have to edit it a bit first?

You'd have to edit it down into a 2-4 minute clip. That's the point of the entire idea; it saves me, or someone else from potentially having to download a couple gigs of tournament footage, without knowing what the quality is like. If our contributors can trim it down to only the best footage (most people who didn't participate in the tournament don't want to sit through a 20 minute video of mostly poor footage, for example), it makes it much easier for us to assess whether we can put it up or not.

If you want further specifics on how the process would work, feel free to PM me. Smile

(Oct. 16, 2012  10:02 PM)Primal Wrote: Hopefully I can get some tournament footage for you guys, assuming Georgia gets 8 active tourney-goers again... :\

I hope so too! I'm not sure what the situation is like in Georgia right now, but I hope you're at least in the process of attempting to gather enough Bladers for a tournament again!
(Oct. 16, 2012  12:38 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2012  12:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2012  10:01 AM)Mahoutsukai Wrote: No me gusta voice for voice over. F 2 3 0, Gambuuul....otherwise great job on bringing it back to the community.

Gam and Gen sound relatively similar, and that is the correct way to pronounce Tracks ... 100 = ichi maru maru, one zero zero.

But there's an "mm" sound to it.

Isn't it just awkward when you pronounce it like that? Since we normally pronounce it: Two-thirty, not two three zero ..

Or is it just me..?
O.o I guess I'm the only one who would pronounce it Twenty-three oh?
Anyways, it's cool to see the Beychannel being revitalized, and congratulations to Tris on his Peridot Face.
What's with the negative criticism on the narrative voice? It seems fine for me. I was actually smiling when I watched it. It made the video 'fun'. The faint accent gives it a character.

Imagine if it was Blader DJ who narrated it, you guys would've been goo goo gaa gaa over it. Hahaha.

Anyway, is there any other constructive criticism on it? Do you think a narrator is needed? Video length is fine? Information is condensed enough? Music clip is OK? Before hitting the 'Dislike' button, it'd be great if you guys could help the BeyChannel improve and press the 'Like' button instead Smile

Also, awesome job Tris!
i can make tournament videos if you guys wish ;D ill do anything to help Cute
Congrats Tris and Dude for getting the Peridot Face! I subbed and I hope more tournament vids will come!
(Oct. 17, 2012  3:39 AM)Uwik Wrote: Anyway, is there any other constructive criticism on it? Do you think a narrator is needed? Video length is fine? Information is condensed enough? Music clip is OK? Before hitting the 'Dislike' button, it'd be great if you guys could help the BeyChannel improve and press the 'Like' button instead Smile

Yes, please everyone, if you have any suggestions, let us know! We're still open to tweaking a few things for the next Beyblade News video, which should be up this week.

(Oct. 17, 2012  3:42 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: i can make tournament videos if you guys wish ;D ill do anything to help Cute

Awesome! Send me a PM if you're interested in the details regarding what we expect.
i'm subscriber no.9990,
anyways,i plan to shoot the 20th Oct tourney in India
is it fine if only the final matches are recorded?
because the qualification part is boring to shoot,and i'm sure i'll be eliminated before the finals :P
Hmm, I think you should ditch the narrating on the videos. Or add someone who talks normally (was that even his real voice?).

Losing 15 or so Subscribers from this kind shows that others agree .. or whatever.

It's really awesome that the channel is coming, last time I saw it the video before the newest one, which was many months ago. Good work people.
The epic return of the epic beychannel.I will share the channel for sure.the channel was death for so long time that I had forgotten about it LOL
Nice... I think Bey Bash still have some videos that haven't been posted on youtube. We will contribute when we are done with the editing.
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rock on
Hmm, quick question, listening to what kei said in the OP, is that all you need us to film. Also, should we film the placers? Or prizes?
(Oct. 17, 2012  4:32 AM)zeneo Wrote: anyways,i plan to shoot the 20th Oct tourney in India
is it fine if only the final matches are recorded?
because the qualification part is boring to shoot,and i'm sure i'll be eliminated before the finals Tongue_out

Shoot whatever footage you think is the most interesting!

(Oct. 17, 2012  11:26 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Hmm, quick question, listening to what kei said in the OP, is that all you need us to film. Also, should we film the placers? Or prizes?

"is that all you need us to film"? What do you mean?
You can film the placers and the prizes, if you'd like. Check out some of the tournament videos that have been previously posted on BeyChannel to get an idea for the type of footage we're looking for.
I feel like recording the upcoming Toronto tournament... I mean, I have a good quality camera and everything... I wonder if I'll be able to tell which battles are going to epic >Uncertain
(Oct. 18, 2012  4:17 AM)pyrus10000 Wrote: I feel like recording the upcoming Toronto tournament... I mean, I have a good quality camera and everything... I wonder if I'll be able to tell which battles are going to epic >Uncertain

Just shoot as much as you can and you'll be bound to end up with at least 2-4 minutes of good footage. Wink And make sure to PM me sometime soon if you're interested in actually doing it. I'll send you the more specific guidelines.
Epic news! I am very happy that the beychannel is still alive Wink
Like I wrote in the comments of the video, I don't agree with the "Beyblade News" videos. The WBO criticises people for making those kind of videos, so why do it yourself? Plus, the one that was created really isn't informative. Over half of the video is spent advertising this site, rather than focusing on the actual Bey itself.
They get criticised because, most of the time, they just "steal" the information from here and they do not post anything here ... The Beyblade News videos are purposely not too revealing because they are really just a way to let subscribers who might not browse the site often that hey, there is new news, so come and see.
(Oct. 19, 2012  1:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: They get criticised because, most of the time, they just "steal" the information from here and they do not post anything here ... The Beyblade News videos are purposely not too revealing because they are really just a way to let subscribers who might not browse the site often that hey, there is new news, so come and see.

Exactly. We are simply utilizing social media as tools to let our users–who might not check our website constantly, but do check Facebook/Twitter/Youtube often–know that things are happening at the WBO, most of which don't really happen anywhere else outside of Asia/Japan (ie. Beyblade news, tournaments, contests, etc). It's a way of keeping people informed.
And I might as well "drop this bomb-like hint" now : we are even going to bring this update-notification system to a whole new level, hopefully very soon.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Awesome, I really did not know we could go much higher than this, haha.
Are you expecting an announcement by November?