[Bethesda, MD] 01/19/13 - New Year, Old Formats! (HMS, Plastics, MFB)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

New Year, Old Formats!

[Image: lego-new-year.jpg]

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our January tournament being held Bethesda Marriott in Bethesda, MD on Saturday, January 19, 2013.

New Year, Old Formats! will consist of the 3 tournaments celebrating the 3 Beyblade formats we said goodbye to after Zero-G hit the scene: MFB, HMS, and Plastics!

In addition to having Zero-G products for sale I will also have a limited selection of brand new HMS and Plastics for sale for those who are interested in playing in the 2 older formats. Prices for the older beys are a bit more due to rarity, but will run between $25-40 on the low end. PM me for more details.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in the Norwood Room? Ask at the front desk as I'm not sure which room we are in now. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

MFB Start time: Noon-thirty on the dot
HMS and Plastics Start time: Approximately 3pm
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
MFB Stadium: BB-10 Attack
HMS and Plastics Stadium: Tornado Attack
Surface: Carpet
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport) + a $5 room fee

HMS Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

Plastics Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

MFB Prizes: Plastics and Zero-G beys (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it - and for which tournament or tournaments you are confirmed!

MFB:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Unstoppable
  4. gullwhiz
  5. *Ginga*
  6. Tech
  7. Stars
  8. *AJ*
  9. Time
  10. night wing 247
  11. geetster99
  12. G-SHOCK
  13. Black Wing (maybe)
  14. beymaster15963
  15. Sonikkubey
  16. J o nâ„¢
  17. Beymysterio
  18. Rip Blader 3
  19. Fusion Blader
  20. MFB-revolution
  21. Unstoppable

HMS:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Tech
  5. Stars
  6. *AJ*
  7. Time
  8. geetster99
  9. beymaster15963

Plastics:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Stars
  5. Time
  6. geetster99
  7. beymaster15963

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Google maps, as well as the link in the first post ...
Sonikkubey is MFB all the way.
Will MFB be 1st out of all 3 tournaments
Coming for MFB... not sure about HMS and Plastic though.

Im backkkkkk Eee
(Jan. 01, 2013  6:06 PM)MFB-revolution Wrote: Will MFB be 1st out of all 3 tournaments

Yes, it will be starting first. Then the HMS and Plastics will be run interleaved with one another t try and maximize the time that the TA stadiums are in use.
Out of random curiosity... Is there a train or bus station anywhere close to the venue?
(Jan. 01, 2013  7:22 PM)J o nâ„¢ Wrote: Coming for MFB... not sure about HMS and Plastic though.

Im backkkkkk Eee
yay cant wait to see u there

Certainly yes, Medical Center (Red line) is the closest to the hotel or Grosvenor-Strathmore

For bus:
(from Grosvenor)

(From Medical Center)

sign me up for MFB thanks can't wait
(Jan. 02, 2013  4:03 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2013  6:06 PM)MFB-revolution Wrote: Will MFB be 1st out of all 3 tournaments

Yes, it will be starting first. Then the HMS and Plastics will be run interleaved with one another t try and maximize the time that the TA stadiums are in use.
I so want to attend one of your "3 for all tournaments" to see how you do this. I'd love to try it but I think it would just take 9 hours to finish 3 tournaments. Maybe I'll make it down to Maryland some time this year...
WOO i'm comin for MFB sooooo excited
Question. Since it's only for one day, that means I won't have to pay to get into the hotel, right? Other than the $5 of course.
(Jan. 07, 2013  12:42 AM)sushiblade99 Wrote: Question. Since it's only for one day, that means I won't have to pay to get into the hotel, right? Other than the $5 of course.

I'm unsure, I would think that you would have to pay 5$ for each tournament but it could be all for 5$ but I think its the first option more. Though however, if it does happen to be 5$ per tournament you could just buy a blader passport for 10$ which gives you free tournaments for a year and access to special WBO events.
So in the end it will be
5$ (If its 5$ for all which I doubt)
15$ for all the tournaments
10$ for Blader Passport.
Just to clarify:

$15 for all tournaments
$10 Blader Passport
$5 Room Fee

So, $20 total without the passport, $5 with the passport.
Yo, to be smart since your new, I would pay $10 for passport with $5 room fee if you want to attend HMS and Plastic tournament.

AND, since you hold the passport you can participate WBO lottery each month.
Rip Blader 3 and Fusion Blader will be there!
Darn, I was so excited, but something just came up. Can't come. Maybe February!
Do you still have to pay the fee for all three tournaments if your only competing in one of the tournaments if so i might not be able to make it
You have to pay the fee for each individual tournament. I.E., if you only attend MFB, you only have to pay $5.
Wait, there isn't any room fee info in the OP. Does that mean there isn't one? >u>
$15 for all 3 events + Room fee. I see where hes going. so no fee since we're having 3 tournaments
(Jan. 10, 2013  9:52 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: You have to pay the fee for each individual tournament. I.E., if you only attend MFB, you only have to pay $5.

k cool thanks i'll be there can't wait
Well im already confirmed my old name was NIGHTWING Xi chabged it to G-SHOCK just a heads up
(Jan. 11, 2013  12:33 AM)Stars Wrote: $15 for all 3 events + Room fee. I see where hes going. so no fee since we're having 3 tournaments
Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying.
But I was thinking that Passport holder would have to pay the room fee tho...

CONFIRMED:
Non passport bladers don't have to pay the room fee

Bladers with Passport have to pay room fee.