[Bethesda, MD] 01/19/13 - New Year, Old Formats! (HMS, Plastics, MFB)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

New Year, Old Formats!

[Image: lego-new-year.jpg]

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our January tournament being held Bethesda Marriott in Bethesda, MD on Saturday, January 19, 2013.

New Year, Old Formats! will consist of the 3 tournaments celebrating the 3 Beyblade formats we said goodbye to after Zero-G hit the scene: MFB, HMS, and Plastics!

In addition to having Zero-G products for sale I will also have a limited selection of brand new HMS and Plastics for sale for those who are interested in playing in the 2 older formats. Prices for the older beys are a bit more due to rarity, but will run between $25-40 on the low end. PM me for more details.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in the Norwood Room? Ask at the front desk as I'm not sure which room we are in now. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

MFB Start time: Noon-thirty on the dot
HMS and Plastics Start time: Approximately 3pm
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
MFB Stadium: BB-10 Attack
HMS and Plastics Stadium: Tornado Attack
Surface: Carpet
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport) + a $5 room fee

HMS Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

Plastics Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

MFB Prizes: Plastics and Zero-G beys (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it - and for which tournament or tournaments you are confirmed!

MFB:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Unstoppable
  4. gullwhiz
  5. *Ginga*
  6. Tech
  7. Stars
  8. *AJ*
  9. Time
  10. night wing 247
  11. geetster99
  12. G-SHOCK
  13. Black Wing (maybe)
  14. beymaster15963
  15. Sonikkubey
  16. J o nâ„¢
  17. Beymysterio
  18. Rip Blader 3
  19. Fusion Blader
  20. MFB-revolution
  21. Unstoppable

HMS:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Tech
  5. Stars
  6. *AJ*
  7. Time
  8. geetster99
  9. beymaster15963

Plastics:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Stars
  5. Time
  6. geetster99
  7. beymaster15963

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

i think we should have bangarang or some dubstep and if not dubstep then Savior(same guys who made kotov syndrome)
There was one was one sad thing that happened yesterday. Tech's cs was K.I.A. in a finals battle with my phantom 85 mf
Lol yup. Galaxy sold me a worn (but usable) one for $2, so I'm cool xD
Hell yes Tech, and AJ. Hellofa job.

I so wanted to come.
Totally forgot this was yesterday not that I would have been able to come anyways, Great Job For Getting 3rd in MFB Tech finally nice!
I hope to see everyone next month...
So for sure we're going to have ZeroG Stadia next tournament?? If so, it should be exciting... Tongue_out
January's MFB tournament saw 6 of 22 Bladers go to the finals. 3 were no strangers to the winner's circle, but we also had 3 first-time finalists! Way to go Sonikkubey, rip blader 3 and torchgasher!

Here are the results!

MFB
1st place: geetster99
2nd place: Jonâ„¢
3rd place: Tech
4th place: torchgasher

And while we didn't make it all the way to plastics this month, we did have 12 Bladers in the HMS tournament with 4 going to the finals. geetster keeps racking up the wins, but it looks like Tech is trying to give him a run for his money! Smile

HMS
1st place: geetster99
2nd place: Tech
3rd place: *AJ*
4th place: beymaster

The next tournament is going to be back to Zero-G in the 2nd half of February, and we will do the plastics tournament then too!

See you soon!

Arupaeo
*cough, cough* five in the hms finals
Hell, yes, Plastics and Zero-G? Should be fun ...