Best Out of the Box?

Poll: Zero-G synchrome sets, do they count as out of the box?

Yes
66.29%
No
33.71%
Total: 100% 175 vote(s)
What error did I make? And calling me one of the worst members on this site is showing great control by the way
(Mar. 20, 2013  11:44 PM)Time Wrote: What error did I make? And calling me one of the worst members on this site is showing great control by the way

Well making the thread in the first place is a good start, then formatting the OP and thus shaping the discussion about it as you have, putting some things that were clearly wrong up there - the whole HMS section aside from the stamina category, etc etc. I mean, I've posted very clearly about most of this stuff, if you hadn't been too busy focussing on my disapproval of your little pet project here.

As for you being one of the worst members of the site, there's nothing worse or more damaging than a fool who can't see the error of his own ways, and persists at it, misleading others along the way. I stand by the statement 100%, and the appropriateness of saying it no matter who feels otherwise - even members more senior than me, if that is the case: You're a terrible member, Time, and you shouldn't have made this thread. If you're uncomfortable with the fact, that's your problem, not mine. Your own stubbornness makes saying things like this necessary - I can't get through to you any other way.
This whole thread is an error. The thing about Dranzer V points that out in big bold letters. Uh actually it is and what he says is probably true.
I will repeat what I said before, instead of criticizing why not contribute, lashing out at me in no way benefits this site, whereas both of your knowledge could clearly benefit this thread
Wow, can the insults stop and the simple error of Dranzer V be fixed or not done ? There was no need at all to call anyone the worst Member of this site, and obviously if it was so wrong to open this thread, it would be closed already. Knowing what Beyblade is the best out-of-the-box is nothing compared to the possibilities of customization, but it is still good to have such information for reference.
Time:

This thread is so awful there's no point though. Why the hell can't you see that?! If you make an important thread make sure you can actually contribute to it properly and not leave it to others.
Thank you for your understanding Kai-V, I never had the intention of changing it to Dranzer V. As think has clearly pointed out I am not a god of beyblade knowledge like he is, I was merely trying to finalize one way or another based off of what others had said to me. Additionally, is that not the point of commenting in the first place, the ability to share knowledge? It would be extremely difficult to find a beywiki page done entirely by one person and the competitive combos also were not based off of the opinions of one person. When there is endless discussion on the best overall beys I do not understand why one person has to hold an absolute verdict on every single one of the best uncustomized beys.
(Mar. 20, 2013  11:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Wow, can the insults stop and the simple error of Dranzer V be fixed or not done ? There was no need at all to call anyone the worst Member of this site, and obviously if it was so wrong to open this thread, it would be closed already. Knowing what Beyblade is the best out-of-the-box is nothing compared to the possibilities of customization, but it is still good to have such information for reference.

There is far more wrong here than that, though: The whole consideration of 'type' at all, the entire HMS section bar Wolborg MS are horrible uncustomized and DGMS isn't listed (and the OP is not wrong in stating that the best uncustomized beys for HMS are quite clear, I don't know how errors that hilarious were made by anyone), and the fact Driger V2 will basically beat and outperform any uncustomized beyblade in plastics making the inclusion of anything else completely pointless (a great example of why the type-based classification system used here is foolish), the fact no thought has been given to great but not the best uncustomized beys which should really still be listed especially if taking the "just for information" route, the constant silly suggestions instead of any clear direction, and more and more and more.

As my PM to you just stated, when an experienced member sets aside the time to make a worthwhile version of something like this, basically, when someone updates What to buy in MFB/makes what to buy in plastics/HMS, they shouldn't have to deal with Time to do it, as none of the work will be his.

This thread should be closed, and when someone not-terrible has time to put something like it together, they should make a new one - just like a bad draft in the beywiki subforum, which I'd assume is a strong precedent of how to treat important reference works and hackjob attempts at making them.

If you wanted a thread like this then you should have suggested to other, more experienced members, that they should look at making one, not done so yourself, Time. Your words on collaboration are perhaps the most sensible thing I've ever seen you post, but you need to understand without a good foundation, a good leader, which can only be provided by the first poster, it will never work - and without it, at best, someone who didn't do squat will get credit for others hard work - the OP is the one who ends up getting thanked in the end, after all. As much as we work together on things and perhaps people should care less about credit, the simple fact is that's how people are, and having a poorly done version of something open discourages people who might be able to do a good job of it from doing it themselves.
That is one of the main reasons I think this thread should be closed. Hopefully, that makes some sense to you, and seeing as you've openly admitted you aren't by any means able to do even a decent job of it by yourself, I think it is only fair for me to again suggest this thread be closed - at the very least, it has already served the purpose of notifying people who are able to do a good job of it that threads at least similar to this (albeit more practical) are needed, after all.

(Mar. 20, 2013  11:58 PM)Ultra Wrote: If you make an important thread make sure you can actually contribute to it properly and not leave it to others.

Hey, look, someone who actually gets what I'm getting at here! Thankyou and hallelujah!
Th!nk, this thread is well-intended, fun to post on, and cannot harm you in any possible way. Stop being such a saber-toothed nut beetle and let this thread go on without you attacking somebody for no reasonable reason.

I'm legit surprised you didn't get banned for half the stuff you posted in here, goddamn

EDIT: Just because someone's name isn't in italics doesn't mean they can't post a good thread, and you really shouldn't go out of your way to derail posts for that reason.

Anyway, I agree with what a lot of other posters have recommended for the list. Could you post a working list based on all the suggestions that we could critique from there?
While I agree with what you said about th!nk which are quite truthful (made me laugh haha) there are clearly a few things wrong with this thread, and you shouldn't haphazardly start a thread which intends to be looked at and used without being able to do most of the heavy lifting.
I think I'll put out my 2 cents on the MFB List...

Attack:
VariAres D: D (F-Mode)
Diablo Nemesis X: D (XF-Mode)
Cosmic Pegasus W105R2F
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack) GB145 RF from the Gravity Perseus Ultimate Reshuffle Set (It does have RF right?)

Stamina:
Phantom Orion B: D
Scythe Koronos T125 EDS
Hell Kerbecs BD145 DS

Defense:
Death Quetz 125 RDF
MF-H Basalt Horogium 100 RS from the Strongest Blader Set

Balance:
MF-M Duo 230 MB from the Ultimate DeluXe Set

I'm probably wrong on most accounts, but this is what I have of the top of my head.
As a matter of fact, Meteo can't Attack and Gravity can't defend.
So those kinda don't count.
Thanks Jan, I'll take those two down then.
No....Screw Capricorne 90MF is a pretty terrible attacker. It is light and does not have enough smash to supplement its limited movement and underwhelming weight....

Diablo Nemesis XGrin in Extreme Flat mode, Variares DGrin in Flat mode, and Cosmic Pegasus W105R2F are the best out of the box attackers. IMO If used properly, Diablo and Vari can KO close to every other uncustomized beyblade.
(Mar. 26, 2013  9:33 PM)Meow! Wrote: No....Screw Capricorne 90MF is a pretty terrible attacker. It is light and does not have enough smash to supplement its limited movement and underwhelming weight....

Diablo Nemesis XGrin in Extreme Flat mode, Variares DGrin in Flat mode, and Cosmic Pegasus W105R2F are the best out of the box attackers. IMO If used properly, Diablo and Vari can KO close to every other uncustomized beyblade.

I didn't think XF could keep the Sliding Shoot's pattern, but if anyone can do it, it's you, Meow! haha

But yeah, I agree with Variares on F mode and Cosmic Pegasus, but maybe Hyperblade Blitz Striker could be added as well? IIRC Hasbro uses a softer, more aggressive rubber then TT or Sonokong, and if launched correctly, RSF can move at a decent speed. Add that to Blitz's power and I think it would make a good OOTB Attacker.
I like that edited list a lot.

I have a soft spot for Screw Capricorne 90MF; it was my first attacker, and barring swapping the clear wheel with Horogium I used it out-of-the-box forever. Those were the days, haha! I'll agree it's not up to snuff nowadays though.

EDIT: I just got the Hasbro Blitz and its rubber is definitely realllllly soft, but I don't have a BB-10 with me to see how it performs. If it's even remotely aggressive it definitely is a contender for this list.
Meow!- Diablo has considerable amount of recoil, and XF isn't too good at handling it. OK, Diablo is heavy enough to handle its own recoil but, is it actually that good?
I don't own one, so I may not quite know...
On the plastics part, instead of doing Attack: Defense: Stamina: Balance:, it should be:

Smash Attack:
Upper Attack:
Grip Based Defense:
Weight Based Defense:
Zombie:
Compact:

And if you really wanna get technical and truly do every type, you could also include:
Spin Stealing Upper Attack:
Balance:
Endurance:
Circle Survivor Defense:
Attack:
People have already opposed the concept of differentiating best Out of the Box beyblades on the basis of types. Is it wise to increase the number of types even then?
I think we'd end up listing some really bad Out of the Box beys up there; due to lack of alternatives (i.e. you can't list Driger V2 for best Compact OOTB bey as it doesn't fit the label. Instead you'd end up listing _____, which, in reality- sucks).

Just a suggestion/question. Smile
Hmm... Maybe we could format the list kind of like a tier list rather than grouped by type, at least for the older gens?
That could work what did you mean by working list?
Is this what you meant by working list?
Plastic:
Attack:
Defense:
Stamina:
Balance: Driger V2

HMS (fairly easy to assume, however if anyone disagrees feel free to voice your opinion):
Attack: Dragoon MS/UV
Defense: Jiraiya MS
Stamina: Wolborg MS
Balance: DEMS

MFB:
Attack: Cosmic Pegasus 105R2F/Diablo Nemesis XGrin Variares DGrin
Defense:
Stamina: Phantom Orion B: D
Balance:

Zero-G:
Attack:
Defense:
Stamina:
Balance:

MFB used in Zero-G stadiums:
Attack:
Defense:
Stamina: Phantom Orion B: D
Balance:

Zero-G used in BB-10:
Attack:
Defense:
Stamina:
Balance:
As th!nk said I don't the types for Plastics are going to work since Driger V2 completely outshines everything. Also same for Zero G but for the reason that they are really bad uncustomized due to they way the system works. Most Zero G uncustomized will get killed when going against normal MFB uncustomised due to how bad they without being synchromed. Also some are quite unbalanced when not synchromed.
How do we suggest one individual zero-g bey for someone to purchase then? Is the automatic assumption going to be dark knight dragooon because its setup is mildly usable and its one of the heaviest setups (other than some of the random booster things)?
I don't know. Tbh there's not much point in suggesting the best beys out the box for MFB in general. It's a concept that only worked in plastics because of beys like Driger S and V2 and Galeon which did pretty well out of the box and for HMS because of things like Wolborg MS and DEMS. You've taken it upon yourself to expand a concept which only worked in very limited quantities which is why you're struggling. None of them perform well out of the box so I don't think it should be included at all really.