Beat Lynx TH170WD Draft- Finished!

You just need to wait until Kei gets time. He's extremely busy during the week.
I hate to be impatient, but Kei has not replied back to me regarding this draft yet. I'll send him another PM, but in the meantime, is there anything else anyone wants to say?
Mmm, I think Kei has been rather busy lately, he did run a tourney yesterday, IIRC, and a lot of people have stuff going on at this time of year.

"with mid-height being thwe most preferred, while high heights are negligible. Beat is a two-sided Metal Wheel, and works best with two-sided Clear Wheels, namely Lynx.:

Spelling error, and probably change the latter to including or something. The unobtrusiveness of Lynx is probably its best aspect in regards to beat. But maybe I'm just really carp about getting plastic out of the way of metal.

Other than that it seems to be a solid draft.

Fixed. Specifically is an okay substitute for namely, seeing as Lynx is the most preferred CW for Beat, right?
Be careful. Do we really know that there is no better CW?
Maybe you should mention that the Aquila CW is a good alternative for Lynx?
The Wheel comes with Lynx. What would the point be in an alternative? If we start listing the number of CW's that will work with it we'll be here all day. However, the way the article currently reads implies Lynx is the ONLY CW for it.

Seriously, there's no need to mention specific CW's past the point of them sharing the same number of sides, and maybe that this includes lynx. (Again, without implying it is the ONLY option).
IMO, specifically doesn't mean, "You must use this CW and no other or else your combo will suck," it's just saying, "This CW works nicely with it, so that's probably your best option."

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Lynx outperforms Aquila.

There is no reason to consider Aquila.
Specifically implies no other cw works as well. In this case you could also read it as "lynx is the only two sided cw", which is a bit awkward.

That said, do any other articles mention cw choice? Seeing as from hazels post not all two sided cw's work equally (but we cannot assume lynx is the best as we haven't tested every cw), it is just an awkward sentence.

As for Aquila, I put it on yesterday and again, the wings jut out like they do on Vulcan (where this compromises the wheel's performance).
I believe Lynx is the only CW that fits on the MW in this particular way... regardless, I doubt any CW would fit in exactly as "perfect" a way as Lynx does, and Lynx obviously does not hinder contact of any kind, so I genuinely do not see the point in bringing up alternate solutions to a nonexistant problem.
I used th!nk's suggestion and replaced 'specifically' with 'including'.

I've looked over the draft, and I don't think there's anything left to be done to it.
Since no one has anything to say, I guess it's time for Kei to make his judgement. Smile
Under attack customization it should be "Beat's" rather than "Beats'" because the Beat wheel is not plural and doesn't end with an S.

Also maybe you should consider changing under the Lynx clear wheel one of the "designs" to a different word. It doesn't sound too well worded as "It's design is two designs"
(Aug. 18, 2011  11:50 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Note: This Beyblade was originally released as the 'Super Rare' Bey in Random Booster Volume 7 Beat Lynx. It has been released from SonoKong as a Starter.

Face: Lynx
The Face of this Beyblade represents Lynx, one of the 88 constellations in space. It is one of the few printed Faces in the 4D lineup.

4D Clear Wheel: Lynx
Weight: 3.06 grams
The original release of Lynx is a translucent brown, almost tan color. Its design emulates two ears of a cat, with a notch in between each space. This symmetrical shape has good synergy when used in tandem with Beat.

4D Metal Wheel: Beat
Total Weight: 38.6 grams
The 4D Metal Wheel Beat is divided into two parts: the PC Frame and the Core. The Metal Wheel is one of the main reasons to purchase this Beyblade, since Beat is arguably one of the best right-spin Attack Wheels. Its best uses are mid- and low-height Attack customizations, with mid-height being the most preferred. Beat is a two-sided Metal Wheel, and works best with two-sided Clear Wheels, such as Lynx.

--PC Frame
The PC Frame of Beat is the same translucent brown color as the 4D Clear Wheel. There are triangular designs on the top and bottom of the PC Frame, resembling cat ears; and the weight is mainly focused on the opposite ends of the Frame. By rotating this PC Frame, Beat will be in Attack Mode or Defense Mode. Attack Mode exposes the Core's protusions, whereas Defense Mode covers them.

--Core
The Core of Beat could be seen as a representation of the snout of a Lynx, along with the Clear Wheel which represents its ears. There are diamond-shaped designs on the inside of the Core, and two main protruding contact points. These protrusions produce ferocious Smash Attack, but unfortunately also create Recoil. In its entirety, it looks very similar to the Vulcan Metal Wheel.

Use in Attack Customization
A Metal Face, mid-height Track, and Rubber Flat are the best options for reducing Beat's Recoil, and maximizing its Smash. An increase in movement speed can be attained by using the same parts, but opting for a low-track instead. Beat's most prominent combinations are MF Beat Lynx/Aquila GB145/R145/CH120RF and Beat Lynx/Aquila 85RF/R2F.

Track: Triple Height 170
Weight: 4.39 grams
The Track of this Beyblade is a darker shade of brown than the 4D Clear Wheel and PC Frame. It is a height-changing Track similar to CH120, and its possible heights are 170, 195, and 220. TH170 is infinitely more versatile than 230 because of this Mode Change. The 170 and 195 heights are best used against 145-height Attack and Stamina combinations, and the 220 height is best used for outspinning low-track Attack, Defense, and Stamina combinations.

Use in Defense Combination
TH170's best results come from the Basalt Metal Wheel and CS Bottom, in the combination MF-H Basalt Bull/Aquario/KerbecsTH170CS.

Use in Balance Combination
TH170 is a key part in the combination MF/MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF. This combination succeeds due to its ability to do well against all types of opponents.

Bottom: Wide Defense
Weight: 0.7 grams
Wide Defense, as its name implies is one of the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, WD, PD, EWD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D or SD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using an SD-based customization, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly outspin your D or SD based opponent.

WD has some defensive capabilities as well, but because it still uses a form of a sharp tip, its friction with the stadium floor is decreased, which, as a result, makes it easier to knock around than something like RS which has much more friction with the stadium floor. WD does of course offer superior Stamina to RS which in rare cases would be an advantage, but RS more often than not has enough Stamina to outlast Attack types.

Use in Stamina Customization
Though WD is not as good as EWD and BGrin in terms of Stamina, it can still do well in the Stamina combo Basalt Bull AD145WD/Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD.

Overall
This Beyblade contains excellent parts for all Beyblade Types, which is a very rare occurrence. Beat is one of the best right-spin Attack wheels to date, comparable to VariAres or Blitz; TH170 is used to great effect in top-tier Defense, Stamina and Balance customizations and WD, despite its numerous releases, still sees use in decent Stamina customizations. Every blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

I'm going to do a complete revamp of WD, but I'll post it in the Errors on the Wiki Topic.

This is really good.
I would change the description on the Basalt TH170WF custom there: "This combination succeeds by utilising it's great momentum and versatility to perform well all types of opponents."

Because the main reason it works is the huge momentum it has, and the adustable height (195 being probably the best, given it hassles 145-heights so badly). WF helps by clinging to the tornado ridge and allowing for a great range of movement patterns through different launches.
Yeah that's what I thought but I wasn't sure so I left it alone.
I thought Beat went well on 130 height tracks?
To my knowledge, it doesn't do well on them. It's kind of an awkward height for it; 145 and 120 are better.
(Nov. 22, 2011  4:52 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I thought Beat went well on 130 height tracks?

It does "okay" on S130, but not nearly as well as on GB145.
Oh, geez, the OP is showing up as undefined. Chocked_2 Once I have a chance I'll fix it.

I feel like this is becoming SPAM, but... Anything else to add to the draft (look at Shaba's post).
Haven't heard anything from Kei on this yet. Anything else needed? Any spelling/grammar errors I need to fix?
I think you should put MF Blitz UnicornoTH170RF/R2F (170 alone) as an attack custom. I mean, it won second place at the Novm Brawl in MD. . . . and when I tried it out for my self, it was pretty decent. I dont have TH170 or blitz yet but you can PM Galaxy4Ever about it. It seems to be one of his favorite combo.