Beat Lynx TH170WD Draft- Finished!

Edited the post before Hazel's with a more detailed explanation of Track choice (I guess you can call it that).

Pictures are delayed; sorry.
I added the updated WD description and added in the Track choice... thing. Tongue_out

Due to problems with my camera, I won't be able to upload pictures for a while...

Come to think of it, if it's okay with Hazel, I think it'd be better if he took the pictures for the sake of time.
(Aug. 18, 2011  11:50 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Overall
This Beyblade is comprised of excellent parts for all categories of beyblade, which is a genuinely rare occurrence, Beat being one of the best right-spin attack wheels to date, TH170 finding a home in considerably good Stamina, Defense and Balance customizations and WD though having been released many times before still remains a favorite for stamina customizations. Every blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

A very long run-on sentence there. How about:
GaHooleone Wrote:This Beyblade contains excellent parts for all beyblade categories, which is a very rare occurrence. Beat is one of the best right-spin attack wheels to date, comparable to VariAres or Blitz; TH170 is used to great effect in top-tier Defense, Stamina and Balance customizations and WD, despite its numerous releases, still sees use in decent Stamina customizations. Every blader should own at least one of this beyblade

Semicolons are used because according to the rules of grammar, a semicolon must be used when the different clauses (when commas are normally used) contain commas themselves.

Also, as I've noticed with many articles on here: Sounding fancy does not matter. It simply overstuffs the English language. The idea is to be clear and concise so the reader can firmly grasp what you are talking about. Making it sound fancy only looks beneficial to the writers themselves.
GaHooleone Wrote:This Beyblade contains excellent parts for all beyblade categories, which is a very rare occurrence. Beat is one of the best right-spin attack wheels to date, comparable to VariAres or Blitz; TH170 is used to great effect in top-tier Defense, Stamina and Balance customizations and WD, despite its numerous releases, still sees use in decent Stamina customizations. Every blader should own at least one of this beyblade
I'll get to rewording it sooner or later.

GaHooleone Wrote:Also, as I've noticed with many articles on here: Sounding fancy does not matter. It simply overstuffs the English language. The idea is to be clear and concise so the reader can firmly grasp what you are talking about. Making it sound fancy only looks beneficial to the writers themselves.

Dan kind of co-wrote it, hah. Tongue_out

(Oct. 30, 2011  7:20 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Also, as I've noticed with many articles on here: Sounding fancy does not matter. . Making it sound fancy only looks beneficial to the writers themselves.

It also sets the standards for Beywiki and how someone reading it will think of it/the community.
(Oct. 30, 2011  7:39 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: I meant rewording the original Overall section.

He did that for you though
With an unforeseen stroke of luck, my camera is working now! Grin Expect pictures in a couple of hours.
(Oct. 30, 2011  7:40 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2011  7:20 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Also, as I've noticed with many articles on here: Sounding fancy does not matter. Making it sound fancy only looks beneficial to the writers themselves.

It also sets the standards for Beywiki and how someone reading it will think of it/the community.

The WBO can still sound like a prestigious community while being clear and concise. Using complicated words doesn't help if they're grammatically incorrect and/or incomprehensible to the reader.
I think this sermon is best presented to BBS..
(Oct. 30, 2011  8:38 PM)Dan Wrote: I think this sermon is best presented to BBS..
True that.
Any more suggestions for the draft?

Any word on pictures?
(Oct. 30, 2011  8:59 PM)Hazel Wrote: Any word on pictures?
Currently resizing 'em to 800x600. It'll be about 20 minutes.
Make sure you keep the originals in case you do something goofy with these, too, lol.

If you prefer, I can resize them all.
Lol, I swear I have no idea at all what happened to that first batch. XD

Nah, I've already started.
Sorry for the delay; my dad picks the most inopportune times to tell me I have to do chores. Tired

I'll edit this post with pictures in a couple minutes (not lying this time!).

EDIT: Got 'em.

Assmbled (Attack Mode):

Assembled (Defense Mode):

Side view:

Bottom view:

Face:

Clear Wheel (top):

Clear Wheel (bottom):

PC Frame (top):

PC Frame (bottom):

Metal Wheel (top):

Metal Wheel (bottom):

MW + PC Frame in Attack Mode:

MW + PC Frame in Defense Mode:

TH170 (170):

TH170 (195):

TH170 (220):

WD:
There's hair or wire or something in all of the TH170 images, and the lighting makes your WD look extremely odd, especially in the last picture. I'd re-take those. Facebolt picture is also quite blurry and dark, you may need to use the flash for that one.
Got it. I dunno how I didn't notice the hair. Tongue_out

The flash on my camera is EXTREMELY bright, but if it comes to that, so be it.

When taking pictures using flash, especially in Macro photography, if the surface you're photographing directly is glossy or a color that will reflect light, always aim the center mass of the shot a bit south of the primary target, or north if you can get it to stay in focus. This will drastically reduce the reflective glare on that surface.
(Oct. 30, 2011  8:38 PM)Dan Wrote: I think this sermon is best presented to BBS..

Ouch. But true. Either way, your Beat looks, well, beat up. If I can get my dad's camera, I may be able to take pictures next weekend at Stage Fright, since I'll be buying one NIP from Dei.
i'm in because i never in my life one a real prize
The Face picture isn't getting any better, even with Hazel's tips, so I guess it'll have to stay. :\

The TH170 and WD pics turned out better, however. Should be adding those in as soon as my Internet decides to quit being exceptionally slow...
For the face, you can also try finding the brightest artificial lighting in your house and placing the face on a piece of paper directly under it, and then shooting from a close angle so you're not casting a shadow with the camera/your hand.
Okay, I'll go try that.

Added the new TH170 and WD's in.