Beat Lynx TH170WD Draft- Finished!

(Oct. 17, 2011  1:06 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  1:01 AM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  12:43 AM)Hazel Wrote: I see all 1000x1000 images. Also, it appears they're skewed instead of properly resized... that pretty much obliterates the quality of them. They're smushed.

So should I just retake them? If so, it'll have to wait until a week from now, seeing as I don't get home from school until 5:00.

If you no longer have the originals, retaking them is your only option. If you do have the originals, having someone else resize them for you if you cannot would be the best thing to do.
I've still got the originals.

If you're okay with it, could you try resizng them? You're the closest resource I have at the moment, so I chose you out of convenience, hah. Tongue_out
Sure. Upload them to photobucket and PM them to me. I'll get them back to you ASAP.
Since I can't retake the pictures until Sunday at the earliest, are there any suggestions for the actual draft?
I don'y know anything about the Beat Metal Wheel. But if it is a normal 4D Metal Wheel, then this:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-W...#pid814336

If not, just put the core after the 4D Metal Wheel Section.
(Oct. 19, 2011  2:28 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I don'y know anything about the Beat Metal Wheel. But if it is a normal 4D Metal Wheel, then this:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-W...#pid814336

If not, just put the core after the 4D Metal Wheel Section.

Beat consists of a PC Frame and a Metal Wheel. No other fancy shenanigans.

Just clarifying.
Metal Wheel or Metal Frame?

Because if it's a 4D Metal Wheel, Metal Wheel shouldn't be one of the parts of it.
(Oct. 19, 2011  2:36 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Metal Wheel or Metal Frame?

Because if it's a 4D Metal Wheel, Metal Wheel shouldn't be one of the parts of it.

There is only one piece of metal involved in the entirety of the Beyblade. The mode change is facilitated entirely by the PC frame.

Not sure where that would qualify.
Oh yeah, the original combination is not MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF/MF that is mixing up combos: Bluezee and my combination before that was with 230WF/MF, Hero and Th!nk only used WF.
MF was decent, but yeah, WF outclasses MF in that combo. The combination itself works due to it's impressive momentum, making it very difficult to KO, able to KO lower grip and even higher-grip opponents in head on collisions.

As for the name of parts, should be in instructions or on the box.
Well, I think it says the same thing for all of the regular MWs as it does Beat, so I'd say it's a Metal Wheel.

@th!nk and Dan: I'll take MF out as soon as I'm back from school.

Got the part name off the box, which is "4D Metal Wheel". The Metal and Plastic parts of the 4D Metal Wheel are not considered separate parts.
(Oct. 19, 2011  5:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: Got the part name off the box, which is "4D Metal Wheel". The Metal and Plastic parts of the 4D Metal Wheel are not considered separate parts.

But they are called the PC Frame and the Core, which together, oddly, form the 4D Metal Wheel.
So I guess the correct name for the metal part of Beat would be the Core? :\
(Oct. 19, 2011  8:53 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: So I guess the correct name for the metal part of Beat would be the Core? :\

Yes, it should be.
(Oct. 19, 2011  8:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2011  8:53 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: So I guess the correct name for the metal part of Beat would be the Core? :\

Yes, it should be.

Fixed.

Any other suggestions, guys? Like I said, I can't take the pictures just yet, so...
I would leave the pc frame and core as a single section (4d metal wheel) and discuss the two sub-parts as one, referring to each part by it's proper name. Seems odd to have sections for parts that are considered "one".
(Oct. 19, 2011  9:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: I would leave the pc frame and core as a single section (4d metal wheel) and discuss the two sub-parts as one, referring to each part by it's proper name. Seems odd to have sections for parts that are considered "one".

They are "considered" one only because they cannot be interchanged with another Beyblade's parts, but they are two totally different parts.
Maybe so, but if we separate the sections, maintaining the standard presentation of beywiki would be awkward.

I.e.

PC Frame: Beat

Blah blah

Metal Core: Beat

Blah blah

Looks weird. The pc frame's defense mode is largely negligible thus only requires a short mention, and for attack mode it is just moved out of the way. In my opinion it would look better, be more fitting stylistically, and no less effective to present them in a single section.

You could compromise with a single 4d mw section with subsections for the pc frame and metal core, but as I've said, the former would be redundant.

At the risk of repeating myself, you can't really talk about the pc frame without discussing the core, so it's redundant giving it its own section.
I see your point; I'm sure I mention the Core at least twice in the PC Frame section, and vice versa. It is kind of redundant, but I'm still not sure whose advice to follow.

IMO, it looks pretty good either way, whether it be

4D Metal Wheel: Beat
-PC Frame
words words words

-Metal Core
words words words

or

Beat's PC Frame
words words words

Metal Core: Beat
words words words

In the end, I think it would come down to the king of Beywiki (Kei), but I'll leave it as is for now.
I have always gone for that first format you just mentioned, Kaiba Hiwatari. Like in an average development paragraph in a school assignment : you start with something very short and very general, and then you discusss the smaller points inside. So, you talk about Beat, how it has two parts, etc. and then you write specifically about each part.
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I have always gone for that first format you just mentioned, Kaiba Hiwatari. Like in an average development paragraph in a school assignment : you start with something very short and very general, and then you discusss the smaller points inside. So, you talk about Beat, how it has two parts, etc. and then you write specifically about each part.

Oh, okay; I thought you were going for the second format. I'll go ahead and fix that.
Combined the PC Frame and Core into one section. If that's not the way you wanted it, Kai-V, please tell me.
(Aug. 18, 2011  11:50 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: 4D Metal Wheel: Beat
Total Weight: 38.6 grams
The 4D Metal Wheel Beat is divided into two parts: the PC Frame and the Metal Core. The Metal Wheel is one of the main reasons to purchase this Beyblade, since Beat is arguably one of the best right-spin attack wheels when used in Attack Mode. Beat is a two-sided Metal Wheel, and works best with two-sided Clear Wheels, namely Lynx.

--PC Frame
The PC Frame of Beat is an equally translucent brown color as the 4D Clear Wheel. The weight is mainly focused on the opposite ends of the Frame. By rotating this PC Frame to either cover or expose the protrusions on Beat, it will be in either Attack Mode (protrusions exposed) or Defense Mode (protrusions covered). There are triangular designs on the top and bottom of the PC Frame, resembling cat ears.

--Core
The Metal Core of Beat could be seen by some as representing the snout of Lynx, where the Clear Wheel represents its ears. It has some diamond-shaped designs on the inside of the Metal Wheel and has two main contact points, which are the protrusions on either side of the Wheel. In its entirety, it looks very similar to the Vulcan Metal Wheel. Due to these protrusions, it suffers from recoil.

I know some things in the general description of the 4D Metal Wheel work better as conclusions for that section, but the way I placed things here is how I think it should be done. Perhaps the sentences that are more conclusive can be reworded to be less 'final'.
Thanks. I wasn't entirely sure of how to word it. Tongue_out

Anything else?
Took the pictures today, though they'll still most likely be up on Sunday. In the meantime, is there anything you guys think needs to be mentioned/rearranged/taken out?