Battle Strikers... heard of it?

BTW, if you aren't able to launch your top manually, you don't really have full control over the top. =/
And thanks for clearing that up a bit.
(Mar. 23, 2009  11:56 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: BTW, if you aren't able to launch your top manually, you don't really have full control over the top. =/
And thanks for clearing that up a bit.

You do after the launch.

But seriously, if you want to differentiate yourselves from beyblades, then don't make a fighting spinning top toy. Everyone will call it a beyblade.

Instead, if you want to make a new product, take the great elements of what beyblade had, and add in the magnetic thing and whatever else you want to.
(Mar. 24, 2009  12:28 AM)Commie Wrote: You do after the launch.

But seriously, if you want to differentiate yourselves from beyblades, then don't make a fighting spinning top toy. Everyone will call it a beyblade.

Instead, if you want to make a new product, take the great elements of what beyblade had, and add in the magnetic thing and whatever else you want to.

To play devils advocate, I would hardly call Takara the inventors of the spinning top toy. Countless other cultures have had that for centuries. This form of toy will be with us for many many years to come. They evolved the concept, but the toy itself and its function is still the same.

Plus, I think it is a little late in the game to suggest scrapping the lineup.
To add to Khel's comments, spinning tops have been around for over 2000 years. Tops are the oldest toy and one of the oldest play patterns in history. That being said, this is the first time battling tops have no need for pull strings or rip cords- through the advances of technology. It's true, we could've made a different kind of toy using magnetic technology (and we have, countless times). However, battling tops are a continuing trend in the market and we wanted to continue with the evolution in Spinning tops. Evolving and changing up a toy or play pattern is hardly a new concept, Beyblades wouldn't exist if it was.
*cough* Engine Gear Shooter *cough*
Is this your website?!
http://www.megabrands.com/
I've heard of quite a few of those!
Yes that would be our website.. and, sorry I'm not sure I understand the comment regarding the Engine Gear Shooter?
There was a beyblade launcher called the Engine Gear Shooter that worked without a ripcord/winder/pullstring. It wasn't highly used though.
The reason this electronic tech hasn't been adopted is because the rotation speed is so slow, as evidenced in the video. In the sense of this game though, it makes sense having one hand free.
(Mar. 25, 2009  5:42 PM)Giga Wrote: Oh my god
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UjRBC77DHY
2:19

"it's not like your ordinary beyblade" lol

So it comes in six different parts but we have no details on what those parts are and what they control ... furthermore, I'm not convinced that being able to vaguely control the top adds anything to gameplay; if anything, it may detract from the nuances.
(Mar. 25, 2009  6:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: "it's not like your ordinary beyblade" lol

So it comes in six different parts but we have no details on what those parts are and what they control ... furthermore, I'm not convinced that being able to vaguely control the top adds anything to gameplay; if anything, it may detract from the nuances.

Lol, and agreed. 6 parts is nice, though. (lol, they acted like that was something really new or something, bugged the hell out of me)
How successful these things will be will heavily depend on how effectively you can control the Battle Striker. Since controlling the tops is the main feature, if it is something that it hard to do, then the entire line will fail.

I'm curious to see how the parts are changed.
I feel bad for the creators. The beyblades are just not going to leave room for "battle strikers" to sell.
I also noticed in the video there picking up the tops with there magnetic thingy's. (is that fair?)
Honestly the MFB's move so much faster with more intense battles I really dont think you going to fool anyone over the age of 8 with the "control" gimmick. Kids want fast, intense games. Beyblade gives them that. I dont want to bash your toy but man why a spinning top? It just doesnt seem like good marketing. Everyone remembers beyblade and when they release them in the states everyone is going to go "oh yeah" and drop there magnetic fingers.
I noticed that the magnets were picking up the tops as well ...
Yeah this toy would've had more of a chance if it was released during the beyblade hiatus. Releasing it now right when beyblade is coming back isn't such a good idea. It's not even like they're TT Hongli fakes and might be able to fool some people... they look nothing like beyblades.
I think it's either you try to combat a really popular toy like beyblade (which I don't think the Battle Strikers can do) or try to make beyblade imitations therefore tricking people because most kids would not be able to tell the difference.
Let's be fair, here. They're not trying to "trick" people into thinking they're Beyblades and I think that's a really unfair comparison to make.
(Mar. 25, 2009  9:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Let's be fair, here. They're not trying to "trick" people into thinking they're Beyblades and I think that's a really unfair comparison to make.

I wasn't saying that they were trying to trick people....
I'm just sad that this line will beat the release of beyblades in 2010. I'm sure all of the "uninformed" little kiddies will believe that Beyblade are a rip-off of Battle Strikers. Tired
Well, this is, of course, if Battle Strikers does get popular. I mean it does seem that the line is being released through Mega Blocks, and they are popular...right?
battle strkiers are not better ther worse
(Mar. 26, 2009  12:49 AM)sousa98 Wrote: battle strkiers are not better ther worse

Okay Sousa, we get it. If you have nothing more than this to contribute you can stop posting already.
I thought it was kinda cool that you could pick up the tops...I mean my little cousin would probably adore these ( she is 7 mind you).
I believe it would be great for kids under the age of 8 or so but I wouldn't think that this toy could
attract an older crowd.

Hope that helps :}
I think this thread is getting to the point where everyone is just repeating themselves.
I agree with Khel the points are being repeated.
I think the ambassador has the general idea of our thoughts about it I think..?
(Mar. 26, 2009  1:04 AM)TehAlex Wrote: I agree with Khel the points are being repeated.

You're contributing to that problem.

Read the topic before posting. If you have nothing new to add, don't post.