Battle Strikers Discussion

The previous thread is far different than what it began as, so I decided to make this new thread to discuss Battle Strikers. If you have any discussion or questions for me, this is the place to post it.

Disclaimer: I am an employee of MEGA Brands Inc. and work on the Battle Strikers project.
i was actully thinking about this when i was at work how the other theard was just have fights and arguments on it
ive got a question are there any plans to make them spin at more RPM's?or cant you tell us about it?
Currently, Battle Strikers spin faster than Metal Fight Beyblade. The difference is that they are unable to retain the speed the same way MFB is. We are working to address this, so if you are asking if you will see a significant increase in performance over time, the answer is yes.
a thing that i find cool in beyblade an cant see in BS is the recoil that happens when blades hit each other. along with the cool voices we hear. just thought id tell you Tongue_out
(Oct. 02, 2009  3:07 PM)Pegasis Wrote: a thing that i find cool in beyblade an cant see in BS is the recoil that happens when blades hit each other. along with the cool voices we hear. just thought id tell you Tongue_out

Wut!?

As for your mention of recoil, obviously we are always looking to make the battle experience more enjoyable and entertaining.
I'd assume that he means noises instead of voices.
The reason you don't hear these noises with Battle Strikers is because of the material that they're made from.
I'd take an educated guess and say that metal attack and defense parts will be released as the series develops.
So I was out with my dad today and I saw some Battle Strikers, and as I was inspecting the boxes he commented on how they looked like Beyblades.

Then I proceeded to tell him Brad's story and he was impressed. :]

Also I really like the prices of them; was really tempted to pick up one of either the Tsunami Starter Pack or the Battle Strikers Tournament Set because the prices weren't too prohibitive at all. Will get some online after I look through all the models.
The prices are really good. Actually, a couple weeks ago, Target was running a special: Discounted started, comes with your choice of booster. Don't know if they are still doing it.
Question: Is there any advantage to using the Mail Order thing as opposed to buying it in stores?
Is there any plans on releasing these in the middle east?
(Oct. 05, 2009  9:44 PM)fragbait Wrote: The prices are really good. Actually, a couple weeks ago, Target was running a special: Discounted started, comes with your choice of booster. Don't know if they are still doing it.
Question: Is there any advantage to using the Mail Order thing as opposed to buying it in stores?

If you don't have any launchers, the mail order thing is probably a pretty good deal. If I didn't already have a launcher, I would definitely be buying the special offer combo. Even the tournament set is a good idea.

I really want Turbine, and the green/silver launcher, but I already have a launcher, and I just can't see the point in buying two more launchers just for one top. Although I don't have a stadium either... and I guess I could sell the other launchers...

I was also kind of hoping that I was going to get that free sample, but "ambassador jess" seems to have flaked out on me for that. :\
Minion, I'll ask Ambassador about it. I know I've been meaning to but I keep forgetting, so i sent her a message now.
(Oct. 05, 2009  10:22 PM)Pegasis Wrote: Is there any plans on releasing these in the middle east?

Currently I've not heard anything, but I'll keep you posted.
I went onto the Battle Strikers website and found a game; when i started playing the game i learnt all i need to know about them for now.. but im interested and might buy one eventually. actually i do have one question.

You use magnets to direct the Striker right... but how far away can your finger be for it to still change your strikers movement.? and does it effect your opponents striker.?
(Oct. 06, 2009  4:39 AM)ReallyRandomTJ Wrote: I went onto the Battle Strikers website and found a game; when i started playing the game i learnt all i need to know about them for now.. but im interested and might buy one eventually. actually i do have one question.

You use magnets to direct the Striker right... but how far away can your finger be for it to still change your strikers movement.? and does it effect your opponents striker.?

A couple inches. And, yes, they will affect your opponent's Striker.
I see... thanks for answering my questions Fragbait. Smile
(Oct. 06, 2009  6:16 AM)ReallyRandomTJ Wrote: I see... thanks for answering my questions Fragbait. Smile

No problem. Of course, if I'm wrong, correct me Brad Smile
The ideal distance is 1-2cm.

Minion, I talked to Ambassador about it and she says it must have been lost in shipping. PM me your address and I will have another one sent.
Here's a question for you guys.

There is a very high likelihood of being an age limit placed on tournaments, probably 14. I would truly like everyone to be able to compete but obviously there is something unfair about a 20 year old playing against an eight year old ...

If there is sufficient demand for a Free Age division we could look into it. Barring that, however, how would you like to see Battle Strikers reach out to you? Would a "mentorship" program that would gain you access to limited edition Strikers etc. appeal to you? e.g., you would go to tournament locations and teach about Battle Strikers and help administer events.
(Oct. 07, 2009  4:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Here's a question for you guys.

There is a very high likelihood of being an age limit placed on tournaments, probably 14. I would truly like everyone to be able to compete but obviously there is something unfair about a 20 year old playing against an eight year old ...

If there is sufficient demand for a Free Age division we could look into it. Barring that, however, how would you like to see Battle Strikers reach out to you? Would a "mentorship" program that would gain you access to limited edition Strikers etc. appeal to you? e.g., you would go to tournament locations and teach about Battle Strikers and help administer events.

I'm pretty bitter about age restrictions being placed on fun, but I can appreciate why they exist. I think I'd have been pretty intimidated by competing against a 20 year old when I was 12.

I've already expressed an interest in just helping out at events though. And I wouldn't mind just being able to attend tournaments, even if I couldn't compete. Free battle with the older crowd, or any younger kids who didn't feel intimidated would be worth going to the event in my opinion.

Of course any way that Mega would try to accommodate us would be appreciated. We may not be a huge demographic, but being cut out entirely (especially for something uncontrollable, like age) is a little unfair. I probably won't stop playing, even if I can't go to events, but I would way rather be involved.
(Oct. 07, 2009  5:51 PM)Minion Wrote: Of course any way that Mega would try to accommodate us would be appreciated. We may not be a huge demographic, but being cut out entirely (especially for something uncontrollable, like age) is a little unfair. I probably won't stop playing, even if I can't go to events, but I would way rather be involved.

Please know that I understand this better than anyone; however, the age restriction at 14 was my proposal. I'd even posted in the Hasbro/Nelvana thread that there needs to be an age restriction. All of us here are in favour of a free age division; however, it's a simple matter of it not being feasible because there is not going to be enough people to support it, and obviously it isn't fair to younger players if one adult comes to a tournament and beats all the kids.

With the proposed mentorship concept it would enable you to gain the same prizes that kids are able to win through tournaments while still being involved in them, albeit in a different way. We definitely want to support Battlers no matter what their age, but it's a matter of logistics that limits how far we can take that.

If you have any other ideas, I'm open to them.
You could divide it into three groups:
Junior (9 and below)
intermediate (10 - 14)
adult (15 onwards)

This would encourage kids to still go to tournaments but not be intimidated by older players. Then there could be three separate finals, each with a different winner, but the same prize would be given
(Oct. 07, 2009  6:34 PM)Cyber Kerberous Wrote: You could divide it into three groups:
Junior (9 and below)
intermediate (10 - 14)
adult (15 onwards)

This would encourage kids to still go to tournaments but not be intimidated by older players. Then there could be three separate finals, each with a different winner, but the same prize would be given

It's impossible to do it this way. The divisions will be too small and it would be too tough to manage. Currently the only division planned is 6-14.
I really dig the idea of a mentoring program. I always enjoyed hands-on teaching of beyblade back in the day. There's a real sense of satisfaction one gets when sharing their skills. This definitely gets my vote!
I think that a Mentorship is a great idea. Besides, if enough adults want to compete they'll find a way to organize.(World Battle Strikers Organization anyone?)
Wow.. Battle Strikers are still around so kids these days dont get bored as easily as a thought(i am a fine one to talk im only 12) but i seriously gotta get 1 probably dragonblaze, anyway i came to ask how you think kids will react when the beyblades come out? will this affect it? i know beyblade has an anime to back it up but most kids watch carpy cartoona and might not care.
The world will be a very different place one year from now.

I am not worried about Beyblade. I feel we are making a better toy.