Battle Strikers Discussion

(Oct. 08, 2009  6:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The world will be a very different place one year from now.

I am not worried about Beyblade. I feel we are making a better toy.

well i disagree with 'i fell like we are making a better toy' but the world will be a lot different in a year
(Oct. 08, 2009  7:03 PM)bey_masta12345 Wrote: well i disagree with 'i fell like we are making a better toy' but the world will be a lot different in a year

You don't know what's coming. Smile
Once battle strikers can hold a higher RPM, they will pwn so damn bad. And make them smaller if you dont mind. :] Jk But yeah they are kind of big. I was thinking, small and compact = MadnessSPARTTAAAAA!
Size is a bit of an issue because if they are too small you won't be able to control them. However, we recognize that some players perceived the original line of tops as too bulky, so our goal wasn't so much to shrink them as it was to make them sleeker.
Want to see the new series, but dont want to see MFB fail Unhappy
Cant waitttttt! Also, Brad & MEGA, are you gonna change anything with the magnet system?
What kind of types are there for Battle Strikers? ( Defense, attack etc.) Do you plan on making any types like a compact one or a zombie?
(Oct. 08, 2009  9:27 PM)Dragonsclaw Wrote: What kind of types are there for Battle Strikers? ( Defense, attack etc.) Do you plan on making any types like a compact one or a zombie?

Offense, Defense and Control.

Offensive attributes cause damage to your opponent.
Defensive attributes allow you to prevent damage.
Control attributes allow you to control your Striker with more precision.

Types like Zombies and Compacts were born organically from combinations of parts that formed as the line went on. Obviously, competitive archetypes are going to arise, but due to the drastic difference in gameplay I do not think they will be similar to Beyblade. Expect offensive strategies to be far more successful.
(Oct. 08, 2009  9:11 PM)Ash Wrote: Cant waitttttt! Also, Brad & MEGA, are you gonna change anything with the magnet system?

Not sure what you mean.
(Oct. 08, 2009  7:03 PM)bey_masta12345 Wrote: well i disagree with 'i fell like we are making a better toy' but the world will be a lot different in a year

You can't disagree with an opinion! If he feels that they are making something better, that's how he feels! But you can have your own opinion of disagreeing that they are making a better toy Tongue_out

(I'm not really a big jerk, I'm just teasing Tongue_out )

On another note- Back when an ambassador from Mega came to the WBO and offered free toy samples, I didn't get on the initial list, but when I few people never followed through with their mailing addresses, I was one of the replacements. And for what I believe was due to the confusion of me not being one of the original people on the list, I never received the toy sample. I contacted ambassador Jess some weeks later to see what was up, and she said it was still to be sent out. Some many more weeks later I talked to Brad about it, and he got things sorted out for me.

I don't mean to be greedy when it comes to free swag, but when you are promised things, it is especially nice when they come through. He also took the time to get me the set with a stadium, which was super nice. So thank your Brad, Jess, and Mega Brands in general, for being super customer friendly. I look forward to continued enjoyment with your products Smile
Really glad you got your set so quickly. Jess definitely didn't mean to ignore you or anyone; sometimes, things just get mixed up. So I'm happy it was all resolved. Turbine and Mauler have some cool parts, and I love the yellow Turbo Launcher ... reminds me of Kamen Rider The Bee.

[Image: ge-06.jpg]

Be sure to share your impressions with us Smile
http://www.youtube.com/user/BattleStrikers

Just added a bunch of videos in a new feature called Striker Skills. Check it out!
(Oct. 09, 2009  5:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/user/BattleStrikers

Just added a bunch of videos in a new feature called Striker Skills. Check it out!

Watched the main video... Haha "Hi Its Steve" XD
Cool did i see tank (the battle striker obviously) in that video.? Eee and also the videos helped me understand a little bit more about Battle Strikers now i don't have to rely on what i saw on the game. lmao
ahaha steve did such a good job

i was in charge of concept and script, but i did not write the "hi it's steve!" part

so now every time i see him i say, "hey, it's steve! from battle strikers hq!"

and yes, that was tank
There is actually a lot more complexity to Battle Striker than first meets the eye. Good stuff. Also, Battle Strikers are selling well at my superstore here in the UK.
Those videos definitely make the game look a lot more fun than just doofing around on my hardwood floors with them has.
(Oct. 09, 2009  1:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ahaha steve did such a good job

i was in charge of concept and script, but i did not write the "hi it's steve!" part

so now every time i see him i say, "hey, it's steve! from battle strikers hq!"

and yes, that was tank

Wink Well the script and concept we're awesome Brad. Cool

and that "hey its steve" part kinda added a little something for him to enjoy (or get completely annoyed at everytime he sees you he probably will here it for a long time to come.. am i right? XD)

Its funny im getting used to Battle Strickers faster then i did with MFB. lmao probably because the names of the parts are easier to remember (from the game i understood Grin)
After watching the videos, I've been wondering about the magnets. Does it solely operate from magnetic attraction, or does it vary between repulsion and attraction based on how you position your controller near your Striker?
(Oct. 09, 2009  5:36 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: After watching the videos, I've been wondering about the magnets. Does it solely operate from magnetic attraction, or does it vary between repulsion and attraction based on how you position your controller near your Striker?

Currently the Controller is designed for attraction only. It's possible to maneuver it for repulsion but it does not work very well. Obviously it's something we're still considering. Personally, I'd love to see some repulsion.
I am wondering which product would become most popular. But i think younger people will like battle strikers because they have no patience and would like to control them(i probably just stated the obvious but you know..)
(Oct. 09, 2009  6:59 PM)bey_masta12345 Wrote: I am wondering which product would become most popular. But i think younger people will like battle strikers because they have no patience and would like to control them(i probably just stated the obvious but you know..)

Yes, because Virgo Vs. Libra in the Stamina Bey Stadium is so much fun.

Honest question for you guys: what do you think of the names?
Any differences with the different locks?
Also, fine with the names.
(Oct. 10, 2009  2:07 AM)fragbait Wrote: Any differences with the different locks?

They are all the same.
(Oct. 09, 2009  8:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Honest question for you guys: what do you think of the names?

From What i've seen of the names... I think there cool. Eee
(Oct. 10, 2009  2:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They are all the same.

it would be nice to see more powerful magnets on the control Strikers.
(Oct. 09, 2009  8:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, because Virgo Vs. Libra in the Stamina Bey Stadium is so much fun.

Honest question for you guys: what do you think of the names?

well some of the names are ok i mean I'm sure they appeal greatly to kids(which i know is the direct audience) but in my opinion i think they could use a little work.

Names that are pretty good:
Nautilus
Scimitar
Wolfen
Gauntlet
Mauler
Names that need work:
Skullor
Ninjutsu
Sharkblade
Eaglestrike
Rhino