Jan

BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2018

Toronto, Ontario
2nd
3rd
Tournament Results
Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre
6 Garamond Court
  The tournament will be at the Heritage Hall in the convention.
12:00 PM on 01/20/2018
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
15 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: eTz2QGz.png]
AT

Join us on Saturday, January 20th, 2018 for a Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament at Anime Shogatsu!  We've hosted a tournament at Anime Shogatsu for two years in a row now; since Anime Shogatsu is back for yet another year, then we'll, of course, be there too!

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. We will finish registration at 12:30PM and will begin the tournament immediately. If you think you're going to be a little bit late, let me know and we may be able to work something out. Thank you!

If you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page! See you all there!

Anime Shogatsu Membership Required
Please note that to enter the convention and gain access to our event, a membership for Anime Shogatsu 2018 is required ($15). Purchase your Anime Shogatsu 2018 membership online here. Memberships are also available at the door, but we recommend purchasing online ahead of time.

Because this event is at a convention, the regular WBO entry fee will not apply.

What is Beyblade Burst?
[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and Hasbro recently launched it in Canada in September 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally. 

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for the duration of the event!

Side Notes
Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect?
Check out this video from one of our previous Toronto Beyblade tournaments:

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

@[JesseObre] @[Hato] @[Technik] @[Thokami] @[Mitsu] @[cadney] @[Naru Blader] @[✱] @[Beyonomics] @[1234beyblade] @[pyrus10000] @[Tempest546] @[EX139] @[BAWB18] @[EvanTO] @[ArmaanTO] @[SUGOI-KONICHEWA] @[Minion] @[Zay] @[IsaiahW] @[Hell Diablo] @[Unipegasus] @[vallabh gondkar] @[DRose] @[TheRipper27] @[Neceal] @[Rwbbyish] @[OldSchool™] @[ali12345456] @[jameschaos] @[LordSigma] @[RishiBeyblade] @[Zayan] @[Jack1] @[Keïvin] @[Jackson77] @[Hunter08] @[XavierWBO] @[Gyro] @[RubenWBO] @[Honcho] @[Xcalius rules] @[BeybladeStefan] @[MatthewWBO] @[Zenon] @[RandyWBO] @[RaptorsFan] @[Jorel5] @[TominesK] @[Pegq] @[HassanWBO] @[Shay] @[Supreme Beesly] @[Dewyou] @[FlatTips] @[DizWBO] @[Ragerydon] @[Mr.Paradox] @[SamIAm] @[yoh001] @[zatte] @[byonicboy] @[Tsunagu] @[kerpao] @[Newtype] @[Flux] @[Tahoor] @[GODBLADER] @[CarterWBO]

Hey everyone! We've decided on the date for our next tournament. We'll be hosting Burst Format on Saturday, January 20th at Anime Shogatsu. You can find the full details above. Please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of the page if you can make it.

Hope to see you guys there!
I can come can’t wait and HAPPY NEW YEAR
One question me my dad and sister are coming does that mean I have to 3 member ship tickets?
kei what is on your list of beyblades for sale
(Jan. 05, 2018  7:01 PM)Tahoor Wrote: One question me my dad and sister are coming does that mean I have to 3 member ship tickets?

To enter the convention you need a ticket so I would say yes.
(Jan. 05, 2018  7:01 PM)Tahoor Wrote: One question me my dad and sister are coming does that mean I have to 3 member ship tickets?

I believe you will indeed need one ticket for each person, but I would contact them to confirm this: http://animeshogatsu.com/contact-us/

(Jan. 05, 2018  8:17 PM)spitfirexi Wrote: kei what is on your list of beyblades for sale

I have a lot of new stuff incoming (RBV9, Spriggan Requiem, BG-08 Screw Trident sets, the Amaterios.7M.X), but I will probably not have it until the next tournament after Shogatsu. Will post an update if I am able to get anything new before the tournament, but you can see my current list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BzEX...sp=sharing

If there's anything you want, please PM me as I will not be bringing everything to the event.
So can you guys give me directions to get the ticket for the tournament? And also so in total to join the tournament it would be 30 dollars because 15 for tournament and 15 for tournament?
(Jan. 05, 2018  9:15 PM)Cam77 Wrote: So can you guys give me directions to get the ticket for the tournament? And also so in total to join the tournament it would be 30 dollars because 15 for tournament and 15 for tournament?

Because of convention policy, the cost is actually only $15 total for the ticket. That's why it says "$15 cash or $15 with Blader Passport" in this thread; it signifies there is a cost whether you have a WBO Passport or not due to the cost of the ticket for the convention.

You can buy tickets online here: http://animeshogatsu.com/membership/
Hi,
I am new for this site and my son really want to join this tournament so here we are!
Quick question:
4 of us in the family will go, should i buy a passport and three tickets, or 1 passport and 4 tickets?
Thank you
(Jan. 08, 2018  10:16 AM)Tristanong Wrote: Hi,
I am new for this site and my son really want to join this tournament so here we are!
Quick question:
4 of us in the family will go, should i buy a passport and three tickets, or 1 passport and 4 tickets?
Thank you

Hello! Because this event is at a convention, the regular WBO entry fee will not apply. You'll just need to purchase four tickets: http://animeshogatsu.com/membership/

So, you do not need a WBO Blader Passport for this particular event. Regularly our events are $6 for a single event or $20 CDN for a year-long Blader Passport. Almost all of our events don't take place at conventions, so this one is a bit of an exception.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!
hi oldschool can I have your list of beyblades for sale
hi there .. i will be taking my son to the tournament. do i have to buy the ticket in advance or can i pay at the door?
(Jan. 12, 2018  10:53 PM)chasethedrainer Wrote: hi there .. i will be taking my son to the tournament. do i have to buy the ticket in advance or can i pay at the door?

Great! I would recommend buying your ticket in advance (http://animeshogatsu.com/membership/), as the pre-registration price is $15 (ends January 15th) while the price at the door is $20.
Hi

This is gonna be my 4th tourtement but 1rst wbo tourtement
(Jan. 05, 2018  8:25 PM)Kei Wrote: If there's anything you want, please PM me as I will not be bringing everything to the event.

My son is looking for Spriggan Requiem. Do you have one for sale? 

Is the best place to purchase these from eBay?

Like this one:https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Takara-Tomy-Beyblade-Burst-B-100-Starter-Spriggan-Requiem-0-Zt-Japan/282790581159?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20170831090034%26meid%3Da32aaa5ce10745d0abb18d72b318ea26%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D192426456298&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Is that where you get yours from? How long do they take to ship from Hong Kong?

Is there anyone in the Toronto area that sells them?

If my son wanted to come to this tournament just to purchase a beyblade, would we have to pay to enter?

Thanks!
Can't wait
(Jan. 13, 2018  4:05 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  10:53 PM)chasethedrainer Wrote: hi there .. i will be taking my son to the tournament. do i have to buy the ticket in advance or can i pay at the door?

Great! I would recommend buying your ticket in advance (http://animeshogatsu.com/membership/), as the pre-registration price is $15 (ends January 15th) while the price at the door is $20.

I'll be bringing my daughter who's 3.5 years old. Does she need a ticket too?
(Jan. 15, 2018  11:22 PM)Cjdurak Wrote: Can I use drain fafnir 4 glave atomic

Yes, you can
(Jan. 15, 2018  4:17 AM)chasethedrainer Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2018  4:05 AM)Kei Wrote: Great! I would recommend buying your ticket in advance (http://animeshogatsu.com/membership/), as the pre-registration price is $15 (ends January 15th) while the price at the door is $20.

I'll be bringing my daughter who's 3.5 years old. Does she need a ticket too?

I am pretty sure she requires a ticket.
Alright i'll join the bandwagon.
Excited to see how many people we have registered!

Got a huge sale list update or you guys:

[Image: u8VBywQ.jpg]

Kei's Beyblade Items For Sale
Sales are First Come, First Served, All Prices in Canadian Dollars

Click to View My For Sale List with Prices

JUST ADDED:
- B-100 Spriggan Requiem.0.Zt x2
- B-00 Amaterios.7M.X x4
- B-101 01 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Beat Kukulcan 7 Under Hunter (Rare 1)
- B-101 02 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Dranzer Flame Yell Zeta (Rare 2)
- B-101 03 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Valkyrie 1 Flow Edge Evil God Version (Black/Purple) x2
- B-101 04 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Blast Jinnius 1 Defense (Black) x2
- B-101 05 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Guardian Kerbeus 7 Nothing (Blue)
- B-101 06 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Kreis Satan 5 Guard (Yellow) x2
- B-101 07 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Mad Minoboros 5 Vortex Zephyr (White)
- B-101 08 Random Booster Vol. 9 - Gigant Gaia 8 Under Quake (Red)
- B-101 Random Booster Vol. 9 Beat Kukulcan.7U.Hn (Unconfirmed) x2
- BG-08 01 Random Layer Collection Vol.8 - Inferno Ifrit (Black) x3
- BG-08 02 Random Layer Collection Vol.8 - Acid Anubis (White) x3
- BG-08 03 Random Layer Collection Vol.8 - Killer Deathscyther (Blue) x4
- BG-08 04 Random Layer Collection Vol.8 - Maximum Garuda (Red) x3
- BG-08 05 Random Layer Collection Vol.8 - Screw Trident (Prize Layer) x3
- B-78 BeyLauncher Black x1
- B-45 Light Launcher + Long Winder x1

Other Highlights Still in Stock (See full list for all items):
- B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 - Shelter Regulus 5 Star Tower (Prize Beyblade)
- God Valkyrie Layer (White, Limited Store Campaign Version
- B-00 Dragoon S.W.X Gold Ver. (CoroCoro Limited)
- B-67 08 Random Booster Vol. 5 - Draciel Shield Central Press (Rare 2)

Click here or the link above for my full list with prices.

I will not be bringing everything to this event. If you want anything, please PM me if you haven't already and I'll be sure to bring it.

(Jan. 14, 2018  6:44 PM)mepthe Wrote: My son is looking for Spriggan Requiem. Do you have one for sale?

Is the best place to purchase these from eBay?

Is that where you get yours from? How long do they take to ship from Hong Kong?

Is there anyone in the Toronto area that sells them?

If my son wanted to come to this tournament just to purchase a beyblade, would we have to pay to enter?

Thanks!

I do indeed! See my list above.

I would say eBay is the easiest way to order Beyblades, and maybe the most effective if you are fine with waiting a little bit longer than normal and are not buying a huge volume.

Myself, since I often order a lot for the whole community I usually order via Japanese retailers and Yahoo! Japan Auctions and then have them shipped all at once from a middleman service called http://zenmarket.jp/.

Nobody sells the TAKARA-TOMY Beyblades in Toronto that I am aware of, unfortunately. I will be providing A&C Games (where we usually play in the winter) with some Beyblades to stock so that people who aren't in the community yet can find/purchase them, but I would recommend going directly through me instead since it'll be faster and cheaper.

You have to purchase a membership to enter the convention. If he really wants to come to only purchase a Beyblade, I may be able to meet you outside very briefly during the event if we can agree on a specific time. Send me a private message and we can discuss that.

However, I would highly recommend he come to play in the tournament as well! We always love seeing new people join. :)

(Jan. 15, 2018  4:17 AM)chasethedrainer Wrote: I'll be bringing my daughter who's 3.5 years old. Does she need a ticket too?

That's a good question ... not sure what their policy is on this. I would try contacting Anime Shogatsu directly: http://animeshogatsu.com/contact-us/
ILL buy a beat kukulcan co formed for 53 or whatever it costs without the bey code but can I pay 25 at the tournament then the rest for the next tournament?