BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: WBO North American Championship!!

World Bladers! The revolution begins! The WBO is proud, and incredibly excited to announce our first ever North American Championship: BEYBLADE REVOLUTION as a part of BEYDAYS 2013!

On Saturday, May 25th, 2013 during our annual global celebration of Beyblade, BEYDAYS, the best Bladers in North America will gather in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at ANIME NORTH 2013 in order to compete for the prestigious title of WBO North American Champion!!!

So, do you think you have what it takes? BEYBLADE REVOLUTION will be open to the public, but if you don't live near Toronto, you can earn paid travel expenses to Toronto by winning a tournament in the WBO North American Championship Qualifier Series!

All tournaments are ZERO-G Format.

Ruling Clarification:

This list is likely not final, so please stay tuned for updates about more qualifiers in the coming days/weeks!

What do Qualifiers win?
Winners of these tournaments will receive the following:
  • Paid travel expenses, by plane or bus (whichever is cheapest) to ANIME NORTH 2013 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for BEYBLADE REVOLUTION.
  • An ANIME NORTH 2013 Pass

Qualifiers will be responsible for finding/paying for accommodations in Toronto, but we will work closely with each of you to make sure that you find somewhere suitable. Additionally, the winner will be required to consult with the Committee before booking their flight/bus, and then after approval, provide a booking confirmation to the WBO Committee before they can provide reimbursement for the traveling costs.

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Qualifiers + Extra Credits + Free Face Booster!
To help subsidize the high cost of flying/busing the qualifiers to Toronto, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Qualifier Series tournaments, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport, and there will be no prize reimbursement apart from the travel expenses for the winner. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the bigger this championship will be! However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the championship, all participants in Qualifier Series tournaments will receive the following:

All Passport Holders who participate in a WBO North American Championship Qualifier Series tournament will gain an entry into this exclusive BeyLotto! What can you win, you ask? Well, here's the prize breakdown:

1st Place: WBO T-Shirt + WBO 4GB USB Key + BBG-26 Starter Samurai Pegasis W105R²F or BBG-27 Starter Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF

2nd Place: WBO 4GB USB Key + BBG-26 Starter Samurai Pegasis W105R²F or BBG-27 Starter Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF

3rd Place:: BBG-26 Starter Samurai Pegasis W105R²F or BBG-27 Starter Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF

Besides the WBO T-Shirt, all of the prizes are being donated by our very own WBO Authorized Dealer, dimsum2u! You can see what items he has for sale here.

Donations
For anybody who wishes to support us beyond participating in any of the qualifier tournaments, you are also welcome to make a donation!
As always, for every $10 donated, you'll receive a gift from us in the form of Face Booster WHITE or Face Booster BLACK II; it's your choice.

However, for those of you who are even more awesome and choose to donate more (before May 12th, 2013), we have some very special gifts available!:

Royal Face
1. For a limited time, donators of at least $30 will have the option of choosing the retired Royal Face instead. It has not been openly available for nearly four years!

Signed WBO T-Shirt
2. Donators of at least $60 will receive a WBO T-Shirt signed by all Committee Members–both current and former–who attend BEYBLADE REVOLUTION, including WBO Founder, Bey Brad!

Signed BB-10
3. Donators of at least $100 will receive a BB-10 BeyStadium Attack Type signed by all Committee Members–both current and former–who attend BEYBLADE REVOLUTION, including WBO Founder, Bey Brad!

All donations and entry fees will be used to help fund BEYBLADE REVOLUTION, including, but not limited to, things such as: plane/bus tickets for qualifiers, prizes, trophies, and promotional materials (posters, flyers, etc).

Official Thread
If you think you can make it to the tournament, post in the official thread here! If you have any questions about the tournament specifically, please post them there.

Are you as excited about the championship as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADE #BEYBLADEREVOLUTION

This will without a doubt be one of the biggest, most exciting events in WBO history, so if you can make it, you will not want to miss it! For those of you around the world who won't be able to make it, you can be certain that there will be extensive coverage of the entire tournament here on the WBO, on our Twitter/Facebook pages, and on BeyChannel!

For everybody else around the world ... stay tuned for news on BEYDAYS 2013 tournaments near you. Wink
Oh man, this is awesome! Wish there could be one in Chicago. Will this be annual? Or is it a one time thing?
Anyway, this is amazing and a big thank you to everyone who is helping make it possible!
(Apr. 04, 2013  7:34 PM)Outnumbered Wrote: Oh man, this is awesome! Wish there could be one in Chicago. Will this be annual? Or is it a one time thing?
Anyway, this is amazing and a big thank you to everyone who is helping make it possible!

This is almost certainly going to be a one time thing, so if you can somehow make it, do it!!

If you can prove to us that there would be enough participants for a Qualifier in Chicago, we would definitely consider it if you submit a proposal within the next week or two.
This is so awesome! Too bad there isn't a tournament in CA. I also like the idea of giving a WBO Shirt and BB-10! I also can't wait until BeyDays! Hopefully there will be a tourney in my area when it happens.
This is so cool! Too bad there isn't a qualifier tournament in Los Angeles.
OMG 0.0 so this is what Barreto meant... AWESOMEEE!!!!
Oh, my, god.

Was this the news?! Good thing we waited for this!

I cannot wait!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh damn! I'd love to be a part of this. Can we host tournaments and become part of the qualifiers? If so, I'd love to host a New York tournament!
lol too bad I can't go to the qualifiers Uncertain well at at least I hope that whoever represents PR doesn't loose on the first round Tired cause here almost everyone has the I-suck-at-beyblade dissease
(Apr. 04, 2013  7:39 PM)Fluttershy Pony Wrote: This is so awesome! Too bad there isn't a tournament in CA. I also like the idea of giving a WBO Shirt and BB-10! I also can't wait until BeyDays! Hopefully there will be a tourney in my area when it happens.

(Apr. 04, 2013  7:42 PM)Cade Wrote: This is so cool! Too bad there isn't a qualifier tournament in Los Angeles.

We've contacted poliswag to host in Los Angeles, so hopefully we should have something confirmed within the next few days!

(Apr. 04, 2013  7:53 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh damn! I'd love to be a part of this. Can we host tournaments and become part of the qualifiers? If so, I'd love to host a New York tournament!

We're actually waiting on a response from [Pyro] for the New York Qualifier. So, stay tuned for details on that. Wink

(Apr. 04, 2013  8:00 PM)Infinity Wrote: lol too bad I can't go to the qualifiers Uncertain well at at least I hope that whoever represents PR doesn't loose on the first round Tired cause here almost everyone has the I-suck-at-beyblade dissease

Why can't you go? D:
This is the biggest news I've ever seen on the WBO. Maybe if I get a tournament in IN soon, we could have a qualifier. What I'd do to compete in this.
Can't go because my parents have a non-important appointment that day and I can't get them to postpone it Tired I have some luck
(Apr. 04, 2013  8:12 PM)Tri Wrote: This is the biggest news I've ever seen on the WBO. Maybe if I get a tournament in IN soon, we could have a qualifier. What I'd do to compete in this.

It'd have to be within the next month and a bit (we need time to organize everything once we have a list of qualifiers), so you should start gathering Bladers like ... now!
(Apr. 04, 2013  8:29 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Can we attend more then 1 regional?

Qualifier, you mean? Yes, of course. However, if somebody wins two qualifiers, the 2nd/3rd Place finishers of the second qualifier they won will battle for the paid travel expenses/AN Pass instead, under the same format that would have normally been played between the top two finishers. Do you understand?

Also, if certain qualifiers in highly active areas within busing distance of Toronto end up being successful, there may even be a second one in those areas depending on how quickly it can happen.
(Apr. 04, 2013  8:36 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2013  8:29 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Can we attend more then 1 regional?

Qualifier, you mean? Yes, of course. However, if somebody wins two qualifiers, the 2nd/3rd Place finishers of the second qualifier they won will battle for the paid travel expenses/AN Pass instead, under the same format that would have normally been played between the top two finishers. Do you understand?

Also, if certain qualifiers in highly active areas within busing distance of Toronto end up being successful, there may even be a second one in those areas depending on how quickly it can happen.

Regional/Qualifer same thing hah. I might be playing in a few now hah.
Brb...Donating all my money for a signed bb-10 and shirt lalala
Hot damn! This is just what I need; another incentive to go to AN! The closest one to me is the one in Richmond, so if I want a chance at going, I had better do some major convincing.

Then again, I have no experience with the Zero-G format. Eh, there's a first time for everything! Smile
My heart skip..skip..skip..skipped a beat. Dude my Blader Spirit is so ready for this. Good Luck to all.
Wow, so this is definitely starting to look more like an "official" world championships but only for North America xD We're getting somewhere Smile

Thanks committee and donors for making this all possible!
can they have one in GA? I really want one there, I missed the north carolina games summit.
(Apr. 04, 2013  9:12 PM)diblee123 Wrote: can they have one in GA? I really want one there, I missed the north carolina games summit.

That's up to the Georgia members to decide. If you/they can gather enough participants and find a suitable host, then we can consider hosting one there as a part of the WBO North American Championship Qualifier Series.
How comes there aren't any tournaments in Turks and Caicos Islands.
(Apr. 04, 2013  9:30 PM)gabrielclay13 Wrote: How comes there aren't any tournaments in Turks and Caicos Islands.

Because there has been no active WBO Beyblade community down there, up until this point at least.
I really wish that there can be an NJ/ PA/ NY qualifier's tournament because that'd stir up a lot of bladers. The only thing is, it'd have to be in a range where it'd be easily reached by all three states. I think NJ because it's in between PA and NY and both railway services meet there. the thing is, PA members that would take the train would have to change trains in Trenton station. I think probably in Hamilton NJ but that's just my thinking. Kei what do you think?