650 Dixon Rd
  Anime North 2018
6:00PM on 05/25/2018
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Metal Fight Limited

A limited amount of official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
20 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

@ ANIME NORTH 2018, May 25 – Metal Fight Limited Format
BUY TICKETS HERE
Price listed under Admission on this page is for Child - Friday Pass

ABOUT BEYBLADE NORTH 2018

Beyblade North 2018 brings giveaways and high-speed battles for players of all ages and skill levels! Compete in our tournaments or play free battles just for fun at Anime North 2018 on May 25th for this Metal Fight Limited Format event and on May 26th for our Burst Format event. Even if you’re new to the game, our expert bladers will give you hands-on training and equipment to battle with.

To play in our events, you will need to purchase a single day or weekend pass for Anime North, which also grants you access to the rest of the convention. Purchase tickets here before they sell out! Weekend passes in particular routinely sell out before the convention.

If you have any questions about our event itself, please feel free to post them here! Otherwise, for more information about Anime North 2018 in general, please visit their website.

FRIDAY, MAY 25: METAL FIGHT LIMITED FORMAT

Friday — 6 to 10 PM
  • Metal Fight Limited Tournament: 6:00PM Registration, 6:30PM Tournament Start
  • During All Booth Hours: Free Play and Training from Expert WBO Bladers

SATURDAY, MAY 26: BURST FORMAT MAIN EVENT

Our booth will be open for the majority of convention hours across both Friday and Saturday at Anime North. We'll be running at least one tournament on each day, with the remainder of time dedicated to free play, side events, and training for new and intermediate Bladers.

Saturday — 10:30 AM to 6 PM

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted areas on the maps below:

[Image: uJ2Aia4.jpg]
[Image: jvMcafe.jpg]

You can also download the complete Anime North 2018 schedule here. Note: some of the times posted in the official schedule are actually incorrect. Please follow the event times posted in this thread.

GIVEAWAYS, CONTESTS, SHOP, and MORE (DETAILS COMING SOON)

[Image: RlPaanG.png]
Final Prizes/Shop Stock TBD

The fun doesn’t stop with just our tournaments! Stay tuned for details in the coming months regarding the giveaways and contests we will be running throughout Friday and Saturday at BEYBLADE NORTH 2018!

Come compete with us for your chance to win prizes not only by placing in tournaments, but by entering contests and random giveaways all weekend (throughout Friday and Saturday at all of our events during Anime North), too!

We also plan to have a limited amount of Beyblade Burst in stock for our shop to help any players looking to improve their collection or pick up their first Beyblade!

Zankye Giveaway Donation
Thanks to originalzankye, we will now have all of the following Beyblades to giveaway to tournament participants and winners!

[Image: uqXv50R.jpg]

Please check out his Youtube channel when you get a chance!

We will be giving away a few items just before the start of the event on Friday and on Saturday, and then more at the end of the first stage before the finals. So be sure to stick around until the end.

Thanks, Zankye!

SIDE NOTES

Have your Account page open during registration. Participants being registered to the tournament must login to their accounts on any device able to access the profile page prior to registration in order to prove they are the account owner and to ensure their username is accurately transcribed. Alternatively, you can bring a printed copy of your account page to show the tournament host during registration.

No Bey? No prob!
: Don't have any Beyblades? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use at each of your matches!

Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect? Check out this video and a tournament report from our Anime North events last year:

Read Tournament Report

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

it's been like an entire year since i've been on this site

it's time

for me to blow a carp ton of money on beyblades; is anyone going to be selling anything here?
(May. 07, 2018  2:31 AM)Keïvin Wrote: it's been like an entire year since i've been on this site

it's time

for me to blow a carp ton of money on beyblades; is anyone going to be selling anything here?

I'll have a bunch of new MFB Legends beys for sale on Fridays MFB tourney. Joyful_3
As an accompanying parent but not competing, do I need to pay admission as well?
(May. 09, 2018  2:06 AM)aariz_beyblade Wrote: As an accompanying parent but not competing, do I need to pay admission as well?

Can someone get back to me on this?
(May. 09, 2018  5:25 PM)aariz_beyblade Wrote:
(May. 09, 2018  2:06 AM)aariz_beyblade Wrote: As an accompanying parent but not competing, do I need to pay admission as well?

Can someone get back to me on this?

Anime North is a big convention. So to get in to AN you must buy a Pass ALL parents who accompany kids must buy a pass as well. The pass will get you into then tournament.
(May. 09, 2018  8:51 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(May. 09, 2018  5:25 PM)aariz_beyblade Wrote: Can someone get back to me on this?

Anime North is a big convention. So to get in to AN you must buy a Pass ALL parents who accompany kids must buy a pass as well. The pass will get you into then tournament.

thanks.
It turns out my rev-up launcher is broken. Does someone happen to have a spare that I can borrow/buy for the tournament?
Location update!

Kei Wrote:

All BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 events will be hosted in our space at the back of Hall B in the Toronto Congress Centre. Please see the highlighted areas on the maps below:

[Image: uJ2Aia4.jpg]

[Image: jvMcafe.jpg]

You can also download the complete Anime North 2018 schedule here. Note: some of the times posted in the official schedule are actually slightly incorrect. Please follow the event times posted in this thread.
Whomst has a spare Metal Flat they'd be willing to sell me/let me borrow during the tournament? Mine is pretty loose and I'd prefer not to have to constantly tighten it between battles, haha.
This probably isn't the place to ask, but is the thunder wheel banned in MFB limited? I know that the pre-hybrid Libra is and that the thunder wheel is kinda like the hasbro version of Libra. Thank you.
(May. 17, 2018  2:06 AM)bladekid Wrote: This probably isn't the place to ask, but is the thunder wheel banned in MFB limited? I know that the pre-hybrid Libra is and that the thunder wheel is kinda like the hasbro version of Libra. Thank you.

Thunder is not banned because unlike the PHW Libra, it's too light to be used for defense, making it pretty much outclassed.
(May. 17, 2018  2:20 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(May. 17, 2018  2:06 AM)bladekid Wrote: This probably isn't the place to ask, but is the thunder wheel banned in MFB limited? I know that the pre-hybrid Libra is and that the thunder wheel is kinda like the hasbro version of Libra. Thank you.

Thunder is not banned because unlike the PHW Libra, it's too light to be used for defense, making it pretty much outclassed.
Thanks
Does anyone have a left string launcher for metal beys available to buy? If so, please msg me.
(May. 19, 2018  1:22 AM)Toxic Cheeto Wrote: Does anyone have a left string launcher for metal beys available to buy?  If so, please msg me.

I'm still organizing what I'll have available for Friday. I'll keep you in mind if I find an extra.

On that note, here are the Legends Beyblades and Shogun Steel I'll have for sale on Friday.
Prices are in CAD. Will accept USD equivalent.

Early Bird Special

If you purchase any Legends or Shogun Steel Beys before 6:00PM, $5 off per Bey! ^_^

Storm Pegasus 105RF $40
Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F $40
Lightning L-Drago L100HF $35
Meteo L-Drago LW105LF $45
Rock Leone 145WB $40
Twisted Tempo 145WD $35
Hades Kerbecs BD145DS $25
Burn Fireblaze 135MS $20

Samurai Ifrit W145CF $30
Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF $40
Gladiator Bahamoote SP230GF $30
Berserker Behemoth SR200BWD $25
Bandit Genbu F230TB $is too expensive
Thief Zirago WA130HF $20
Archer Gargoyle SA165WSF $35
Bandit Golem DF145BS $20
Thief Phoenix E230GCF $25

New Spare tips
RB
RSF
RF (purple)
RF (blue)
RS

[Image: 2buIT6U.jpg]

[Image: I7u1Teb.jpg]

[Image: u7rG46j.jpg]
hey guys. My 9 year old son is wanting to take part for the first time but has beyblade burst and not metal fusion. Can he borrow it for the competitions there?

Also is the $20 separate to the amount for admission to the Anime north?
(May. 19, 2018  2:24 PM)aariz_beyblade Wrote: hey guys. My 9 year old son is wanting to take part for the first time but has beyblade burst and not metal fusion. Can he borrow it for the competitions there?

Also is the $20 separate to the amount for admission to the Anime north?

He certainly can! That being said, if he has Beyblade Burst I would highly encourage you to come to our event on Saturday if you weren't planning to! It's Burst Format. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BEYBLAD...8-Saturday

The $20 listed in the thread represents the Child - Friday Pass; there is no separate cost for our events at Anime North.

BEYBLADE GIVEAWAY UPDATE

Thanks to @[originalzankye], we will now have all of the following Beyblades to giveaway to tournament participants and winners!

[Image: uqXv50R.jpg]

Please check out his Youtube channel when you get a chance!

We will be giving away a few items just before the start of the event on Friday and on Saturday, and then more at the end of the first stage before the finals. So be sure to stick around until the end.

Thanks, Zankye!
Hey everyone: just as a heads up, I'm planning on recording several of the matches of this event as well as Saturday's event as footage for my YouTube channel, in accordance with the WBO's photography policy:

All Rulebooks – Photography Policy Wrote:By attending any World Beyblade Organization Organized Play Event, you agree as either an organizer, participant, or spectator to potentially be photographed or included by video shot by staff members, organizers, or other participants/spectators.

If you would prefer to not be included in any photographs or videos, please notify the host of the event and they can make an effort to notify the person taking photos and video to minimize your appearance in them as much as possible. However, guarantees of complete exclusion cannot be made given the nature of shooting photos and video at our events (you may still appear in the background depending on the circumstances, for example). We thank you for your understanding in this matter.

If you are attending an event and plan on taking photographs or video, please ensure to do so respectfully and if you are asked to refrain from shooting someone, please make every effort to do so.

However, if you would prefer not to have your matches recorded, please let me know ahead of time either here, by Private Message, or at the tournament itself. I recently had a user contact me requesting to have a video featuring them removed, so I figured I should probably post this in advance.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS

Kei Wrote:Have your Account page open during registration. Participants being registered to the tournament must login to their accounts on any device able to access the profile page prior to registration in order to prove they are the account owner and to ensure their username is accurately transcribed. Alternatively, you can bring a printed copy of your account page to show the tournament host during registration.
Here’s a look at some of the sweet prizes we have available for tournament winners and some lucky participants in addition to the ones donated by originalzankye available throughout the weekend!

[Image: gFz9tsm.jpg]

[Image: 5aPIbq1.jpg]
For anyone attending, if you have a TAKARA-TOMY Attack Stadium that we can use for the tournament, or any other stadium that could be used for free play, please feel free to bring it and post here to let us know. Thank you!
Early Bird Special

If you purchase any Legends or Shogun Steel Beys before 6:00PM, $5 off per Bey! Joyful_3
Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

Also, for some historical context going into this weekend ... today marks the 10th anniversary of one of the first tournaments in the history of the WBO … BEYBLADE’S NOT DEAD! at Anime North on 5/24/08 in Toronto. View the original video: http://bit.ly/beybladesnotdead

And to mark the anniversary, I've put together a video of uncut footage that I shot from the tournament. Some of it has never been published!

(May. 24, 2018  8:59 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Early Bird Special

If you purchase any Legends or Shogun Steel Beys before 6:00PM, $5 off per Bey! Joyful_3
Cool, Ive been meaning to get more of mfb beys.
This tournament has now been processed into the WBO Metal Rankings.

@[1234beyblade]'s 5-1 performance has put him a mere four points away from the now retired @[Hell Kid]'s all-time high of 1,780 BR for the Metal Rankings. Incredible!