BEYBLADE BAR: Re-Opening April 2019

As some of you may have already heard, TAKARA-TOMY will be opening a Beyblade Bar in Japan this January to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade! It will be open between January 7th and January 29th (at 池袋パルコ6F「カフェアドレス」) and they've just posted more details about it on the Beyblade website: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/beybladebar

When you order items on the menu you'll have a chance to win a Driger Slash Clear Version Layer or an exclusive Bakuten Shoot Clear File!:

[Image: WV5RYSI.png]

[Image: iUqeeG9.png]

Here's what else you need to know:
[Image: DCRjdFv.jpg]

The funniest thing on the page was this though:
Beyblade Bar Rules/Regulations (Google Translated) Wrote:※ Due to the drunkenness, in-store Beyblade game in drunken state, it will interfere with yourself, as well as the surrounding customers' safety, please refrain.

And maybe the "Trypio Waffle":
[Image: rjFE646.jpg]

Really wish I could be in Japan for this ahaha.

2019 UPDATE:

(Mar. 16, 2019  11:45 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Nobody posted about the reopening of the Beyblade Bar yet?

[Image: meinimg.jpg]

And of course it opens mere days after I leave Japan...

Metal Fight Beyblade will also be celebrated this time.

[Image: indeximg01_r.jpg]

Open from April 5th to April 30th 2019.
Thanks for sharing the info and images, Kei!

THAT CLEAR DRIGER LAYER IS CRAZY AWESOME! I can't believe they made that work of art... I can already see how many people want it, haha. The clear file is also cool. I really wish I could go to Japan now, ahh... The food looks pretty good; loving those Dranzer and Driger flags. And that Trypio waffle looks great ;3; I will have to check out what else they have. And I have to say, I never thought I would be able to use the phrase "drunk on Beyblades" properly hahahaha
https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/beybladebar_menu
That bar menu looks delicious! I wish they would say what's in their drinks so I can recreate it. And combining Beyblade and alcohol gives me an idea for a new drinking game lol

Whoever is going to the Beyblade Bar is so lucky! Be sure to let us know how it is Grin
If only Hasbro could do something like this but I'd still be under age
Love that the non-alcoholic drinks are labelled "S" and the alcoholic ones are labelled "F".

Can't say the food looks delicious, but I would certainly love to go.
This sounds awesome!! Another reason to add to the list of "why I need to go/live in japan"
(Dec. 19, 2016  12:42 AM)Captain_Pancake Wrote: This sounds awesome!! Another reason to add to the list of "why I need to go/live in japan"

It closes on January 29th 2017 though. Pack your bags today.
Siliva posted a translated version of the manga strip in another thread, so here it is:

[Image: A1bUBE9.jpg]
Mao's line is made absolutely awkward by the choice to make the characters look like very young teenagers again.
I could really go for a drink at a Beyblade bar right now...
Wah, it's in Ikebukuro! It's at Parco, that's right next to the station! Are there any other active members in Tokyo? I want someone to go with me! XD
(Dec. 31, 2016  8:01 AM)Wizard Wrote: Wah, it's in Ikebukuro! It's at Parco, that's right next to the station! Are there any other active members in Tokyo? I want someone to go with me! XD

I don't think there is right now, so you have to go and report back (after procuring clear Driger S Layers for all of us, of course) about how it was!
Damn it, so I have to take PICTURES??? Talk about a pain in the blade base.

I'll definitely pop in for sure. I'll watch the topic on Twitter beforehand if I'm able and then try to make some friends to go. Otherwise I'll annoy my buddy until he goes with me.
It'd be awesome if they have some for sale there. Alternatively, they could manufacture some old Beys again. That'd be cool.
Man I want that clear file...

[Image: C1ZqiEoUQAA7scz.jpg]

[Image: C1ZqifQVEAAsoCT.jpg]
That is one file I want too ! I hope there would be some on YJA if lots of people win that hah. Thanks for the Photo Kai its look more good in real !
The clear Driger S Layer is quite cool too, except whatever happened to make the stickers so grainy.
[Image: C1ct7GUXgAAjPMx.jpg]
Wow thanks for the pics Kai-V I love that Driger layer so far and I want that file also
Apparently, toy manufacturers in Japan have been bothered by the declining birth rate there and this is why some are slowly shifting attention to their adult fanbase. There are people out there not playing necessarily out of nostalgia for the past, but seriously in the present, as an adult, and apparently they just discovered that or they only now decided to acknowledge it... And if the Beyblade Bar is popular enough, there are plans to open a permanent one later on.
A photograph of Beyblade battles inside the Beyblade Bar:

[Image: C1iLpoYUoAEXa69.jpg]

And a big banner inside:

[Image: C1iFBRtVQAEJl9I.jpg]

And all these character posters...
[Image: C1iBlTlVEAAu-R9.jpg]
[Image: C1iBl85UUAAr8HX.jpg]
[Image: C1iBmiZVQAEwdEj.jpg]
[Image: C1iBnJsUAAEksNg.jpg]
From: https://twitter.com/mammothjiro/status/8...0528223232

Damn.

[Image: C1h7s47UQAAJvsv.jpg]
[Image: C1h7s48VEAEL_Eo.jpg]
[Image: C1h7s49UcAAKkBs.jpg]

[Image: C1h7BHzUsAAGgb9.jpg]

[Image: C1hmkufUQAAIM4L.jpg]

[Image: C1hmkuhUoAAF5EJ.jpg]
Awesome! I was about to post some of those. WARI-BEY is posting some pictures on Twitter.

(Jan. 06, 2017  5:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The clear Driger S Layer is quite cool too, except whatever happened to make the stickers so grainy.

Wow ... I really want one.

(Jan. 06, 2017  1:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Apparently, toy manufacturers in Japan have been bothered by the declining birth rate there and this is why some are slowly shifting attention to their adult fanbase. There are people out there not playing necessarily out of nostalgia for the past, but seriously in the present, as an adult, and apparently they just discovered that or they only now decided to acknowledge it... And if the Beyblade Bar is popular enough, there are plans to open a permanent one later on.

That's interesting. And it's definitely true. Every tournament I attended in Japan–even the small ones–always had at least a couple adults (ranging from their 20s even up to probably 50s or 60s!) playing in them. Crossing my fingers the Beyblade Bar stays open longer!
But that message is very contradictory with reality though, since there has apparently not been any all-ages tournaments in many months in Japan.
(Jan. 07, 2017  3:47 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But that message is very contradictory with reality though, since there has apparently not been any all-ages tournaments in many months in Japan.

I don't know what it's like now, but this past April in Tokyo and Osaka when I was there it wasn't that hard to find them. That being said, the age restricted tournaments did far outnumber the all-ages tournaments.
Well it would be almost a full year since you went, and the complaints from the adult Beyblade community in Japan have come since hah.
Weird! I don't understand why there would have been a change because there was clearly a relatively significant number of adult participants before and it's not like kids don't have enough of their own age-restricted events to play in.