BBG-3/4 Zero-G Stadium Attack Type Discussion

... R on R? What do you mean by that?
(Jun. 04, 2012  4:08 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: ... R on R? What do you mean by that?

Right on Right AKA One Right Spin Beyblade versus another Right Spin Beyblade.
I found something interseting about the 160 SB set-up :

For those whom have been following the CoroCoro posts (very few) would have seen the sneak peek of the Guardian Revizer's "Perfect Balance Counter" feature. This feature enables the Guardian Revizer to stay 'Stationary' in the ZeroG stadium even in high tilt angles.
When the ZeroG Stadium is in stationary status, the Guardian Revizer stays in the center with little to no movement at all.When the ZeroG Stadium is forcefully tilted (in such an odd case by one's hand), the Revizer just seems to keep in the center of the Stadium. It almost does seems like magic but its actually physics.

Here is the actual Physics behind the special 160 SB set-up:

The design of the special 160 Track and SB Bottom allows the Bey to have a 'Perfect' right angle spin point (90 degrees) where the balance is in the center of the Bey.

No matter how high the Tilt is of the Zero G Attack Type Stadium, the combination of the 160 Track and the Sharp Ball Bottom will always have a 90 degree angle that keeps the bey completely contacting the Stadium surface (and thus not being knocked out). This helps the Bey to keep its own Centrifugal Force and its own Spin Rate.

A combo that should be tested to prove this theory is :

MSF Revizer Revizer 160 SB

(I do apologize for this extremely long post.)
Don't worry about making long posts if they are good.

While I generally don't trust advertised combos and features in magazines aimed at selling combinations (not that a few big combo's haven't come from them before), that is definitely something I'd like to see tested at least just to confirm it.

The main concern I have is that revizer revizer isn't the most balanced setup, so something like Duo may work better, but I don't really know much about survival in Zero-G. We definitely do need to re-evaluate the stamina track range for Zero-G, given the need for taller tracks and the introduction of new heights, even things like 135 need to be tested again, not to mention all the new tracks we're getting (especially after the Proper Track Drought that was 4D).
But th!nk, stamina is not the main focus of the Zero G Stadium. Duo is also a second alternative, but I think that Revizer provides the best defense.

Furthermore, MF-H/MF-L Duo Aquario 160 SB (Stamina Mode) should be tested so I thank you for your kind advice.
That is a good point, I was thinking more in terms of making a beyblade with good stamina as well as the ability to stay in the ring, but as I said, I'm still not that familiar with the mechanics of Zero-G, haha.

Hopefully, someone will check it out, especially as we have had barely any testing of those parts in general.
SB helps the Beyblade acheive a "perfect" 90 degree angle along with the 160 track. No other spin track and performance tip can consistently do this in the Zero G stadium. Duo and Phantom have the best stamina but Phantom has slightly more (Phantom also has recoil, Duo doesn't.) Duo does have more stamina than Revizer even though Revizer has slightly more defense when synchromed in the combo Revizer Revizer. I personally think Duo is the "prefect hybrid" of defense and stamina. Plus with a MF-H or a MF-L, Duo is heavy enough not to move much if not at all in the Zero G Beyblade Stadium, and as an added bonus, MF-L provides the extra stamina that's many be sometimes needed. Overall, to me the best top tier Balance Type right now in Zero G is
MF-H/MF-L Duo Aquario 160 SB. Like you said th!nk, more testing is needed but currently, this is the best I've found...

Thank You for your thoughtful and insightful advice.
Competitive Metal Fight Zero G Beyblade Combos List

Attack- MF/MF-H Flash Escolpio/Orion/Pisces S130/CH120/D125/GB145 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Phoenic Phoenic CH120 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Theif Phoenic CH120 R2F/RF/CF (Crystal Up Mode)

Defense- MSF Revizer Revizer E230/TH170/GB145 CS/RDF/GCF
MSF Saramanda Saramanda E230/TH170/GB145 CS/RDF/GCF
MF-H Duo Aquario/Cancer/Kerbecs E230/TH170/GB145 CS/RDF/GCF

Stamina- MF-L Duo Aquario/Cancer/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 EDS/D/SD/SB
MF-L Phantom Cancer/Hades/Aquario/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 EDS/D/SD/SB

Balance- MF-H Flash Aquario Delta Drive
Ifraid Ifraid TH170 SF
I think it's a little too early in the stages of Zero-G testing to have made a tiers list already. It was a nice attempt of you to do so, but there are far more variables to consider now along with more parts that need retesting to compile an accurate, competitive list just yet. If you have the necessary equipment yourself, though, you could try contributing to the wave of testing that's needed to be done in order to make the Zero-G top-tiers list a reality one day. Smile
Carly, I understand that it's a little too early for a top tier list..., however, I've already tested n extensive amount (at least more than almost every other member here.) I've tested every part that has been released in the Zero G stadium (from 4D and onwards.) Let this list be a reference for those who don't know what to use, what to benchmark against, and what too add too (if necessary.)

I'd like to add that 2.5 months is not in any way - too early... Members haven't been testing enough. By this time, in MFB, we had a good idea which parts were top tier in the current metagame
(Quetzalcoatl,Libra,Virgo)...
(Jun. 15, 2012  6:34 AM)Mu Wrote: Competitive Metal Fight Zero G Beyblade Combos List

Attack- MF/MF-H Flash Escolpio/Orion/Pisces S130/CH120/D125/GB145 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Phoenic Phoenic CH120 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Theif Phoenic CH120 R2F/RF/CF (Crystal Up Mode)

Stamina- MF-L Duo Aquario/Cancer/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 EDS/D/SD/SB
MF-L Phantom Cancer/Hades/Aquario/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 EDS/D/SD/SB

Ifraid Ifraid TH170 SF

I appreciate the use of my combos in the Balance customizations, however, I agree with Carly, I believe it is too early to have a "complete" tier list. It's obvious as what should be on the Defense list, as Defense is one of the easiest catergories to know.

For Stamina, I believe that more testing should be done upon D/SD. SB/BS, ect, are quite fine from my findings, but D ESPECIALLY is quite risky to use, even against the calmest cutomizations. SD performs seemingly better.

Attack is where is gets tricky.
For CH120, it's a risky height to use if you launch too deep at an angle. It can almost literally kill the RPM in just a few moments, definitely resulting in a loss.
Onto something I believe people might not agree with me on-
I do not believe Flash should be on this list.
Why?
Flash is more of an OHKO wheel. OHKO's on Flash need to be performed almost directly after launch - in BBG-04, it's quite difficult to do this. (for me at least)
I believe Variares should belong on here. Variares can KO at both high RPM and low RPM - the recoil of the wheel makes this more of an advantage in BBG-03. Vari is so far what I have found to work best for attack , specifically on RF, against the best defense setups I have for myself.
For the Attack tier list, I believe more tracks need to be added. ED145 is one of those tracks. Using MF Variares R145RF, you must be VERY precise where you launch, how you launch, your power, take into the equation your opponents setup, weight, ect., and if R145 hits the stadium - it's almost definitely over. ED145 is essentially R145, but free spinning. Whilst not as powerful, it keeps Vari up, and if Vari begins to tilt too far over onto the side, ED145's free spinning allows it to keep going with less interruption, like R145 produces, increasing stamina, and keeping you in the match longer.
Also, why Phoenic Phoeic? I haven't seen any tests on it at all..

(Jun. 15, 2012  3:07 PM)Mu Wrote: I'd like to add that 2.5 months is not in any way - too early... Members haven't been testing enough. By this time, in MFB, we had a good idea which parts were top tier in the current metagame
(Quetzalcoatl,Libra,Virgo)...

I'd also like to add that in the BB-10 (which I believe at the time was used for testing) it's more formulatic, it is quite easy to predict what EXACTLY will happen against what. In Zero-G, it has a lot of more variables. You must take into account the usual things, but now with the stadium moving, swaying, and spinning, it's much more difficult to begin to form a tier list, since there are many more variables, making testing and saying EXACTLY what will happen, harder.
We do have a general idea of what works in Zero-G right now, but I believe it's still just a wee bit too early to make one. A "protoype" list is great though! Smile

BBG-03 Attack Type Beystadium
Beylauncher L/R

MF Variares (Left Spin) ED145RF vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230RS
Basalt launched first.

MF Variares ED145RF
13 KO
1 OS
0 SKO
14 wins, 70% win rate.

MF-H Basalt Aquario 230RS
2 KO
3 OS
1 SKO
6 wins, 30% win rate.

Competitive Metal Fight Zero G Beyblade Combos List (Now Updated)

Attack- MF/MF-H VariAres ED145 RF/R2F/LRF/CF
MF/MF-H Blitz Unicorno II ED145 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Phoenic Phoenic ED145 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Theif Phoenic ED145 R2F/RF/CF (Crystal-Up Mode)

Stamina- MF-L Duo Aquario/Cancer/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 EDS/SD/SB
MF-L Phantom Cancer/Hades/Aquario/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 EDS/SD/SB

Ifraid Ifraid TH170 JB/SF
MF-H/MF-L Duo Aquario 160 SB

Raigeko, Phoenic has a lot of hidden smash potential. As Carly stated somewhere before, in a standard BB-10, Theif Phoenic consistently KO's Duo BD145 CS... and I had predicted this and so I tested and got one conclusion - Phoenic can maximize its full smash attack power in the Zero G Attack Type Stadium with or without a synchrom...

Any other suggestions to the list ?
EDS won't work in attack stadium because it will go off balance
Alright, I'll remove EDS..., however, if EDS gets off balance, it'll have somewhat of an offensive pattern as I've tested it already... still, it may be risky...

Thank you for your insightful advice Galaxy4Stars !

Competitive Metal Fight Zero G Beyblade Combos List (Updated Again)

Attack- MF/MF-H VariAres ED145 RF/R2F/LRF/CF
MF/MF-H Blitz Unicorno II ED145 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Phoenic Phoenic ED145 R2F/RF/CF
MSF Theif Phoenic ED145 R2F/RF/CF (Crystal-Up Mode)

Stamina- MF-L Duo Aquario/Cancer/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 SD/SB/BS
MF-L Phantom Cancer/Hades/Aquario/Cygnus AD145/TH170/230/160 SD/SB/BS

Balance- Ifraid Ifraid TH170 JB/SF
MF-H Flash Aquario Delta Drive
MF-H/MF-L Duo Aquario 160 SB/BS

Anybody can give advice, and I'll update the list from there on...

Oh yeah RDF needs to be off tho it the same as EDS

L Drago Guardian AKA LDG Should up as Attack also and GCF as attack also
I just don't think it's a good idea to be building a tiers list for Zero-G yet. I think instead of jumping right into a list, we should be trying to find what makes a good Defense combo first since they're passive and easy to determine even without Attack. Then, we can look for Stamina combos that work well in the Zero-G environment that will also defeat Defense. And finally, we can work on Attack combo's to beat the Stamina customs as they're the most wild and will need the most time perfecting. (Mu, this should be sounding familiar. xD)

My take on things:

Defense, for now, should definitely be:
  • MSF-H Revizer Revizer GB145/160/TH170/E230RS/MB (WB/B/SB?)
  • MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda GB145/160/TH170/E230RS/MB (WB/B/SB?)
  • MF-H Duo (?) Aquario/Bull/Cancer/Kerbecs GB145/160/TH170/E230RS/MB (WB/B/SB?)

I'm unsure how Duo stacks up to the Synchromed Wheels before it in terms of Defense. As for Bottoms, MB for sure, but I'm also not too sure about the S-series and possibly all smooth B-series Bottoms (excluding JB/JSB) as they're all exempt from the effects of the swaying gimmick.

As for Stamina:
  • Duo Aquario/Bull/Cancer/Cygnus AD145/160/TH170/230SB/B
  • Phantom Aquario/Bull/Cancer/Cygnus AD145/160/TH170/230SB/B

The smaller B-series Bottoms because they'll have better Stamina (probably) than the the other Bottoms already being used for Defense and so that they too will be immune to the stadium's sway by certain aggressive Beys. Still not too sure about S or D-series Bottoms being used for Stamina, particularly D-series because I don't know how they'd do against each other, whether or not the stadium will stay calm (I'd think so) in a D-v.-D battle.

Attack:
  • ???

Let's just get through with Stamina and Defense first, ha ha. xD

Anything on the list has to be safe from scraping and just going nuts to even be effective, hence nothing can be below 145-height. I have some ideas on Attack, but I don't want to jump too far ahead of myself (and those testing). Most of this is just based on [my] common sense and what I've heard about certain testings, so others may disagree.
Stamina will be the hardest to find, IMO.
I took the liberty of combining Carly R. Jepsen's list with my own and this is what I came up with :

Attack- MF-H/MF VariAres ED145/TR145/C145 RF/R2F/LRF/CF
MF-H/MF Blitz Unicorno II ED145/TR145/C145 R2F/RF/CF

Defense- MSF-H/MSF Revizer Revizer E230/TH170/160/GB145 CS/RS/MB/SB/JB/GCF
MSF-H/MSF Saramanda Saramanda E230/TH170/160/GB145 CS/RS/MB/SB/JB/GCF
MF-H/MF Duo Aquario/Cancer/Kerbecs/Bull E230/TH170/160/GB145 CS/RS/MB/SB/JB/GCF

Stamina- MF-L Duo Aquario/Cancer/Cygnus/Bull AD145/160/TH170/230 SD/SB/B/JB/BS
MF-L Phantom Cancer/Hades/Aquario/Cygnus/Bull AD145/160/TH170/230 SD/SB/B/JB/BS

Balance- Ifraid Ifraid TH170 JB/SF
MF-H Flash Aquario Delta Drive
That list is marginally better, I like it. Tonight I'll be fooling around with C145 and JB some more, hopefully I will find some interesting uses for them, or at the very least, see if they can be used.

Ugh, stupid phone, I was scrolling down from the top of the page and accidentally gave the thread a one star rating. If a mod sees this post, can you undo it if possible? Thanks.
Maybe I should rephrase what I meant by posting that enormous message above: I still think more testing is necessary, but those are the main things that I believe we should be looking into first. We can hold off on Attack and Balance for now as Defense and Stamina types on B-series Tips are easier to determine. If we can get some mirror testing done between most of the D-series Bottoms and B-series Bottoms, then we'll be able to see which series of Bottom performs better in terms of pure Stamina in the stadium. So <Stamina MW> <Stamina CW> <Stamina Track> <D-Series Bottom> v. <Stamina MW> <Stamina CW> <Stamina Track> <B-Series Bottom> first?
I think Carly R. Jepsen's method is decent : proceed by elimination. Start with what he posted, which is not a top-tier list but just a list of what seems to do well right now; test other parts, other combinations; see if any of them beat anything on that list, strong enough to eliminate one of the customizations in the list. Once absolutely nothing else can be eliminated, there will be a top-tier list.
Carly, will be doing some testing with :

MF-L Phantom Cancer AD145 B/SB/JB/BS VS MF-L Phantom Cancer AD145 D/SD/SB/BS and...
MF-L Duo Aquario AD145 B/SB/JB/BS VS MF-L Duo Cancer AD145 D/SD/SB/BS

(10 rounds each, I will get really tired...)

I tested C145 and TR145 for attack. They both did extremely well (but are still outclassed by ED145) and so I added them on my updated list (post #193)... I also tested JB and it did well in both defense and stamina... so it was now added on the updated top tier list...
Yeah, I also tried C145 last night, it didn't perform as well as ED145 did, for sure.
Rai, if you have it, try testing TR145... it doesn't do as well as ED145 but you should really try it out...
Hmmm...so TR145 has a possibility of became of some value to Zero-G? It could be as a Attack or Defense-Type track. And with all this on Zero-G, I'm having headaches. I think I might need tutorial on this Zero-G stuff. Also, since my last combo seem like a total dud, can I recommend a another combo? MF-H/MF-L Duo Aquario/Bull/Kerbecs B:D? The reason I decide on this combo is because of the B:D's "phenomenal" balance and the Duo's "perfect hybrid of defense on stamina".

Another thing, I just want to explain myself as to why I recommend my last combo. I thought the circumference of the circle flat would cover most of the R145 and keep it under control. Therefore, when the bey tilts to a certain point, it would accelerate and take a chance at a Zero-G Knockout, and then brought back under control, making this a decent Balance-type. But, based on your talk on how a R145 acts in a Zero-G Attack Type Stadium, it seems my theory was wrong...

And on last thing, I want to contribute as much as I can to this thread, and not sound like a total noob or idiot. So, if anyone know the basis a making a decent Zero-G bey, that would be a BIG help.-_-