Barrie, Ontario
Tournament Results
Centennial Park/Beach
65 Lakeshore Dr
  Close to the playground.
11:00 AM on 07/21/2019
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Join us on Sunday, July 21st 2019 at Centennial Park for a Beyblade Burst Format tournament!

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. Registration begins at 11:00AM. We will finish registration at around 12:00PM and will begin the tournament shortly thereafter. Thank you!

If you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page! See you all there!

We'll be playing at Centennial Park near the children's playground. Easy access to food and restrooms. Also next to the beach! Bring your swimsuits! Joyful_3

[Image: uNP8xww.png]

If you are running late PLEASE give me a call and I will add you to the roster. DO NOT TEXT!
647-327-3103

Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for your tournament matches!

Have a BeyStadium? Bring it!
We will be bringing stadiums for this event, but more are always welcome! Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

Not sure what to expect?
Check out footage from some of our previous events that took place at Dufferin Grove Park. More can be watched on Beyblade Channel!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 21, 2019  9:18 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2019  9:16 PM)originalzankye Wrote: Amazing tournament! Battles went by smoothly and was a great setting to try out

Who won?

1sr henwooja1
2nd WonderMax
3rd Newtype
4th Avatar999
(Jul. 19, 2019  4:20 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Thank you Zankye, it's really generous of you and is very appreciated.  Keep up the good work on your channel!

Zankye's Prize contribution for the Barrie Tournament

[Image: barrie.jpg]
Our pleasure
(Jul. 22, 2019  12:46 AM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2019  9:18 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Who won?

1sr henwooja1
2nd WonderMax
3rd Newtype
4th Avatar999
Congratulations Wink.
Thanks to all who came out to the event! To those who did not come, you missed out on the incredible beach! 10x better Wasaga beach! It also allows BBQ!
The spot we used was awesome. Lot's of tree shade overhead & breeze, washrooms 20 feet away and a HUGE Gazebo in case of rain. Did I mention the beach? Sandy shores, no gravel or cobble!

We even had a Blader come out all the way from London, Ontario! O_O
As always, thanks to originalzankye for the prize contributions! Also a shout out for all the judges who did a great job! Papabey Newtype henwooja1 originalzankye
The next Barrie event will likely be hosted by Papabey once he finishes up his Organizers Quiz. Wink

Next GTA event will be held in Brampton Saturday July 27th in Chinguacousy park. Same spot as last time. Picnic Area #3. Event will be posted tomorrow evening once I finish submitting the spreadsheet for today's event. See you all there. Joyful_3
(Jul. 22, 2019  12:46 AM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2019  9:18 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Who won?

1st henwooja1
2nd WonderMax
3rd Newtype
4th Avatar999

Congratulations!
(Jul. 22, 2019  1:45 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2019  12:46 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: 1sr henwooja1
2nd WonderMax
3rd Newtype
4th Avatar999
Congratulations Wink.

(Jul. 22, 2019  6:05 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2019  12:46 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: 1st henwooja1
2nd WonderMax
3rd Newtype
4th Avatar999

Congratulations!

Yo! Thank you so much! It really means a lot to me
(Jul. 22, 2019  3:33 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2019  1:45 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Congratulations Wink.

Yo! Thank you so much! I really mean a lot
You deserved the win after getting top 3 a lot, and helping on the WBO Wink.
Results spreadsheet. Joyful_3
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
Hey OldSchool™, I just got to this event in the processing queue, and I noticed something off about the spreadsheet, so I went back and checked the tournament bracket. It appears that at first, in Challonge you marked your first round battle against WonderMax as a win for you, and that is reflected in the spreadsheet. However, in the middle of the third round, the result of that match gets changed into WonderMax favor. Who is the correct winner of this match?

Kei ~Mana~ The Supreme One what your thoughts on this? If OldSchool™ was the winner of the first round match, I think that only rounds 1-3 of the tournament should be processed as the changing of result would have thrown off the matchmaking for future rounds. If it was WonderMax and this was a mistake that was just not caught until later on, I'd say only the first round gets processed (in accordance with whatever other tournament where this happened in the past).
(Oct. 03, 2019  6:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Hey OldSchool™, I just got to this event in the processing queue, and I noticed something off about the spreadsheet, so I went back and checked the tournament bracket. It appears that at first, in Challonge you marked your first round battle against WonderMax as a win for you, and that is reflected in the spreadsheet. However, in the middle of the third round, the result of that match gets changed into WonderMax favor. Who is the correct winner of this match?

Kei ~Mana~ The Supreme One what your thoughts on this? If OldSchool™ was the winner of the first round match, I think that only rounds 1-3 of the tournament should be processed as the changing of result would have thrown off the matchmaking for future rounds. If it was WonderMax and this was a mistake that was just not caught until later on, I'd say only the first round gets processed (in accordance with whatever other tournament where this happened in the past).

This probably doesn't help but I do remember that WonderMax won against Olschool but then that would mean he wouldn't face me in the third round as I was 2-0 and he was 1-1. This continues throughout seeds and round as if the system was matching seeds who won and seeds who lost there previous rounds
Wombat We should wait for confirmation from OldSchool, but if WonderMax was indeed the winner then only the first round should be processed.
Ok, I think I know what happened. Each seed wasn't paired up properly according to their seed number. Ex: 1 instead of being paired up with 16 was paired up with 9. As well the system paired people up with a win and people with a loss in the second round. This continues until everything is completely scrambled.
(Oct. 03, 2019  6:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Hey OldSchool™, I just got to this event in the processing queue, and I noticed something off about the spreadsheet, so I went back and checked the tournament bracket. It appears that at first, in Challonge you marked your first round battle against WonderMax as a win for you, and that is reflected in the spreadsheet. However, in the middle of the third round, the result of that match gets changed into WonderMax favor. Who is the correct winner of this match?

OldSchool™, any update on this? Is what henwooja1 says correct, that WonderMax won his first round match against you?
Since it's been over a month since I raised the initial issue in this thread, and OldSchool has yet to respond despite being contacted several times, I've decided to only process the first round of Swiss for this tournament. Based on what henwooja1 says, WonderMax was the actual winner of the match in the first round, meaning that it was entered incorrectly in the Challonge, ruining the matchmaking for the whole rest of the tournament.