Ask a question, get an answer!

G Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:Is it legal to switch the direction of the plastic CWD to another direction? For example, I switch Slash Riger's plastic piece around so it can "smash" in left spin.

If it works without any modification, yep.

YES. =)

Another question: Is the 5 Saint Beasts Booster like an RBA, in which it has random parts from multiple bey? Or is it a full, single bey (like opening up one of these and you get a full Proto Grey Driger MS or something)?
Just to keep in mind: Ideal says they have it in stock, but they really don't D:

D:!

I was really hoping to pick up a lot of these for a shot at DGMSUV.
Yeah, we were all pretty disappointed by that. Unhappy Even in Japan, it's impossible to get Beyblade stuff now.
That'd be about $70 USD right? It's still a good price since you're getting stuff like that Gyro Bey, Uriel 2, Gaia Dragoon, and tons of other cool stuff.

My question: What's the difference between smash vs spike attacks? I know spike focuses one a few strong points, but does it matter if the attack point/wings are like pointed or flat?
Juv Wrote:http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u18004363

8000 Yen, way over priced?

WHOA o_o; It's pretty expensive! I wouldn't say over-priced, though. Glad you won.

G Wrote:That'd be about $70 USD right? It's still a good price since you're getting stuff like that Gyro Bey, Uriel 2, Gaia Dragoon, and tons of other cool stuff.

My question: What's the difference between smash vs spike attacks? I know spike focuses one a few strong points, but does it matter if the attack point/wings are like pointed or flat?

Because there is more weight focused on smaller points, it will hit harder.
Would it matter if the wings were pointed (Ex: Flash Leopard, Trygle) or like flat (Ex: Dragoon V2) though?
I'd imagine that the energy of the pointed wings are more focused/concentrated, while the energy of the flat wing is spread out evenly.
I know that, but I just want to know if the points had to be flat or either pointed in order to be considered a spike attacker.
Can you give me a specific example?
G Wrote:I know that, but I just want to know if the points had to be flat or either pointed in order to be considered a spike attacker.

When I saw spike attack in one of the threads in BBF, I thought "pointy!"......... I could be wrong though. =/
Tamer Brad Wrote:Can you give me a specific example?

Pointed (Ex: Flash Leopard, Trygle)
Flat (Ex: Dragoon V2)

Well pretty much the question should have been: What kind of attack does Metal Driger have in left and in right spin with the four bigger wings?

I put down the wiki:
Quote:The four larger points has Smash Attack in right spin while it has Spike Attack in left spin.

But King said it was the opposite. I just want clarification for it pretty much.
Dragoon V2 has spike attack. Look at the "flat" part. It has pointed spikes.
That defines it as Spike Attack? Haha I've been thinking this all wrong. Thanks for the clarification!
From what I remember, ARs with notches such as Dragoon V2 in left spin, were for Spike Attack. Some others that have them are, Metal Driger in right spin, one of BK's AR wings, Dragoon MSUV AR in left spin, Wyvern DJ in left spin (not sure if there're more). Dragoon V2 is the only good one though, some of the others don't even work since they're either too small or covered by another part of the AR.

A smaller contact point would increase pressure upon hitting the opposing blade (I'm no expert with this stuff, just what I remember from back at OtC). I remember it being compared to how someone being steped on by a flat shoe would feel much less pain than someone being steped on by a high pointy heel.

I'm somewhat confused with this too though. Normal smash attack ARs, such as Trygle's wing's in right spin, aren't exactly thick, while Dragoon V2 has a larger area of contact, which while I'm not sure if the small notches affect it that much, still hits a lot harder.
Quote:I'm somewhat confused with this too though. Normal smash attack ARs, such as Trygle's wing's in right spin, aren't exactly thick, while Dragoon V2 has a larger area of contact, which while I'm not sure if the small notches affect it that much, still hits a lot harder.

The area of contact is not as large as it looks. Only the tips of the spikes make contact.
Is SG Flat supposed to be perfectly flat (referring to the tip)? Mine is almost semi-flat, with the edges of the tip being curved, just a little bit.
That sounds right, Elmo.
Mostly yeah, but some SG Flat tips are flat with a really thin outer circle on the rim of the tip like how GDV is.
Is Dragoon S limited gold version legal?
Is the weight disk legal? It's round.
Blade12 Wrote:Is Dragoon S limited gold version legal?

I'm assuming you mean the transparent plastic version with the gold weight disc, that was marketed as the gold edition here. And yes, if I remember right, that would be Wide Defence, which I'm pretty sure is (was) legal, but there was some issue with plated weight discs some time back.

G Wrote:Mostly yeah, but some SG Flat tips are flat with a really thin outer circle on the rim of the tip like how GDV is.

Really? All of mine are the perfectly flat type... there's two versions of it o.0?
Juv Wrote:What is this?

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e70354268
and
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w14598007

The first lot is a number of cardboard sheets that slot together to form a circle - they are used to stop beyblades flying out of a stadium and into your face. You get them with the HMS Try Set!

The second lot contains two magnetic weight disks. One side is south and the other is north, so depending on what magnetic spin gear you have, you either have it facing south or north polarity. Smile
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:Is Dragoon S limited gold version legal?

I'm assuming you mean the transparent plastic version with the gold weight disc, that was marketed as the gold edition here. And yes, if I remember right, that would be Wide Defence, which I'm pretty sure is (was) legal, but there was some issue with plated weight discs some time back.

G Wrote:Mostly yeah, but some SG Flat tips are flat with a really thin outer circle on the rim of the tip like how GDV is.

Really? All of mine are the perfectly flat type... there's two versions of it o.0?

As per the plated WDs, yes they're illegal by Takara's standards, but I think the community allows them. I don't think any of us see "home-plating" as something to be concerned about.

As per the flat tips, I imagine there are mild mold differences.
Yepp, but they aren't as deep as GDV's. The only one I know of for sure is one the Hasbro Kid Dragoon.