Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

Couldn't Hasbro Wolborg 1's tip work?
(Dec. 18, 2008  6:20 PM)yruahippo Wrote: Okay I just realised I have no idea what Driger F does. I mean the base...it has weird pieces of metal and springs and stuff.....but do they actually do anything? Because on mine they just seem to wobble and create a lower spin time...

Actually it's the tip that is wobbly. But my question still stands.

EDIT: Another question. As I'm still trying to learn all the physics side and everything, can someone quickly explain the pro's and con's of weight in a Beyblade? Or at least clarify what I've already been told....
As in I've heard people say that it's good to have an attack blade weighing a lot so that it has more force behind it and it doesn't just bounce back and lose spin when it hits. But i've also heard people saying that it is good to have a defensive Beyblade weighing a lot so it withstands attack. So......does that mean having a light Beyblade is totally pointless? Or are there good points to that as well? Also, would a heavier blade spin for longer? And would that also depend on the tip?

Wow, I feel like an idiot for having to ask all that. >//////<

EDIT2: Thought of another question. XD Anyone know the official pronounciation of Quetzlcoatl? Or however it's spelled.....

yruahippo,

As for Driger F's BB, Full Auto Clutch Base, it's an interesting part and it's disappointing it doesn't have more practical applications. Most clutch Beyblades switch from Survival to Attack, but FACB is unique in that it switches from Attack to Survival. Essentially, its purpose is to beat full-on Attack Beyblades or Balancers by hitting it hard at the beginning, then just outlasting it at the very end. Unfortunately, it tends to not work at all and hit walls until it topples over, defeated and worthless and covered in carp.

The pros and cons of weight in a Beyblade ... it's a complicated question. However, I think these articles can give you a bit of an overview:

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Spin_velocity
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Compact
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Smash_Attack (incomplete)
(Dec. 18, 2008  6:20 PM)yruahippo Wrote: EDIT: Another question. As I'm still trying to learn all the physics side and everything, can someone quickly explain the pro's and con's of weight in a Beyblade? Or at least clarify what I've already been told....
As in I've heard people say that it's good to have an attack blade weighing a lot so that it has more force behind it and it doesn't just bounce back and lose spin when it hits. But i've also heard people saying that it is good to have a defensive Beyblade weighing a lot so it withstands attack. So......does that mean having a light Beyblade is totally pointless? Or are there good points to that as well? Also, would a heavier blade spin for longer? And would that also depend on the tip?
It depends on the weight and the distribution of the weight.

For attackers, when it weighs a lot, that's a good thing. But you must also consider that a lighter attacker can move faster. It cuts both ways. A heavier attacker must be able to spin faster, to make up for the lack of momentum. This works better for upper attack, since the objective is to off-set the target, not to hit it away. But, a lighter attacker can fly around the stadium. Although it is not spinning as fast, it is moving around faster. This is very good for smash attack.

For defence and survival, something heavier has an increased defence, naturally. And, a heavier weight would better maintain its spin. However, for, say, a spin-stealing type survivor, the heavier it is, the harder it will be to steal spin, and the easier it'll tip over and fall at the end of the battle. This is why zombies have to be as light as possible.

(Dec. 18, 2008  6:20 PM)yruahippo Wrote: EDIT2: Thought of another question. XD Anyone know the official pronounciation of Quetzlcoatl? Or however it's spelled.....

I would expect it to be similar to the original pronounciation of quetzalcoatl?
Does the MFB Attack Staium have a Tornado Ridge. & does any1 no anywhere that deals in £ apart from the intoy who have the Stadium. (or any with a tornado ridge)
Thanks everyone. Grin I learnt a lot. XD
(Dec. 19, 2008  1:20 PM)draciel09 Wrote: Does the MFB Attack Staium have a Tornado Ridge.

Yes.
Right now the only beyblades listed to come out through February are Gemios, Capricorne and if it doesent come out in december Escorpio. Does anyone expect there to be any other releases of new beyblades within the next 2 months besides these?
(Dec. 20, 2008  4:27 AM)Maz Wrote: Right now the only beyblades listed to come out through February are Gemios, Capricorne and if it doesent come out in december Escorpio. Does anyone expect there to be any other releases of new beyblades within the next 2 months besides these?

I haven't heard of anything.
What do you expect though? I remember with HMS it was generally one new beyblade a month (correct me if i'm wrong). I dont know what it was with plastic, enlighten me please what it was. But yeah do you expect anything else? Maybe a new beyblade in another random booster?
I don't expect anything more than the already announced products ...

I doubt we'll see a new RB till March or April.
I am expecting a release for Launcher Grip parts in late February and a normal left shooter, even its just a hope do you think Takara-Tomy will release a normal Left shooter aside from the Left String Shooter released with Drago?
Is there a notable difference between the performance of the D125 and the 125?
(Dec. 20, 2008  11:08 AM)ZenX Wrote: I am expecting a release for Launcher Grip parts in late February and a normal left shooter, even its just a hope do you think Takara-Tomy will release a normal Left shooter aside from the Left String Shooter released with Drago?

This would be expected by Takara-Tomy. If they do any other starters that are left then they will release them. It would be nice to see a left ripcord/shooter released though.
is jiriya ms worth 30$??? as i mgiht by one for that price
(Dec. 20, 2008  5:54 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: is jiriya ms worth 30$??? as i mgiht by one for that price

Well, for me yes...
(Dec. 20, 2008  6:02 PM)ZenX Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2008  5:54 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: is jiriya ms worth 30$??? as i mgiht by one for that price

Well, for me yes...

awesome im buying it then just found out they that the amazon seller dont ship to the u.k omg Tired
Which wheel has better upper attack, Bull or Virgo?
Bull has more attacking capability, however, since it has poor balance it can't use it, therefor, Virgo is better in practical terms...
(Dec. 20, 2008  2:26 PM)Sasch Wrote: Is there a notable difference between the performance of the D125 and the 125?
(Dec. 21, 2008  2:32 PM)Sasch Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2008  2:26 PM)Sasch Wrote: Is there a notable difference between the performance of the D125 and the 125?

D125 is heavier and adds more stamina...
cutewolfsam just came round with a Spring Launcher. Anyone wanna enlighten us onto what it actually does/how we use it? Maybe it's broken......it doesn't really seem to have any effect on anything. Uncertain
hey maybe its like the spring launcher from the plastic series... ABSOLUTELY USELESS lol
(Dec. 21, 2008  4:42 PM)The Shredder Wrote: hey maybe its like the spring launcher from the plastic series... ABSOLUTELY USELESS lol

Lol. Yeah it is that one. XD I can't understand why they would add something that has literally no effect on anything. 0_0
Depends which Spring Launcher you're talking about. There are several launchers that incorporate springs.
(Dec. 21, 2008  10:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Depends which Spring Launcher you're talking about. There are several launchers that incorporate springs.

Oh fine then.
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/prod...ain400.jpg
This. Except it's red.