Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

im not sure if this goes here, but is painting your weight disk illegal?
(Aug. 25, 2008  2:11 AM)Gotruto Wrote: yah, all Left-spin ARs should be used in left spin, but that doesnt always work for right-spin ARs

There's no such thing as a "Left-Spin AR" and a "Right-Spin AR". This is a blanket statement and doesn't really make sense.

Matt, look at the direction Dragoon G's spikes are pointing in. Which direction makes more sense?

I'm not sure about painting WDs ... I would think it is legal, though.
ok thanks
im pretty sure the answer to this is no but i wanted to ask to make sure anyway.

i already have a bank account i can acess freely with navy fed but at my age is it possible to open another account and use paypal with it? if so should i stay with navy fed or is there a reliable bank that would be better for this purpose and can someone walk me through the process. also since dads in navy we move a lot so i would need a bank i can aces over seas
if you`re wondering yes i know basically nothen about banks
I asked it on Damashii before. They said painting WDs and Metal Frames from HMS were legal... just don't overload it with paint though.
Brad, by Left or Right spin ARs i ment the direction of the original beyblade it came with.
(Aug. 25, 2008  4:36 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Brad, by Left or Right spin ARs i ment the direction of the original beyblade it came with.

In that case this is a pretty silly thing to say.
did they come out with any of the saint shields beyblades in plastic? (besides flash leopard)
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:18 PM)Brye Wrote: did they come out with any of the saint shields beyblades in plastic? (besides flash leopard)

Voltaic Ape.
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:20 PM)G Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:18 PM)Brye Wrote: did they come out with any of the saint shields beyblades in plastic? (besides flash leopard)

Voltaic Ape.

Voltaic/Vortex Ape 2 (from the anime), if you want to be technical about it.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Queen/3992/

Does anyone know what this stuff is? I don't think it's paint. Is it solvent dye? Is it ink?

I'm not sure. I just want to know, because I'm trying to find new ways to color my custom set. I don't want to touch enamel again.
maybe its auto laquer? (sp.?) its pretty awesomly awesome though lol, i'd like to try to do that but i wish there was a guide to painting it but making it feel like it is like the plastic
The closest thing I can get to that plastic feel is like how they did it with the Hyper Blades.
(Aug. 26, 2008  1:43 AM)Anubis Wrote: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Queen/3992/

Does anyone know what this stuff is? I don't think it's paint. Is it solvent dye? Is it ink?

I'm not sure. I just want to know, because I'm trying to find new ways to color my custom set. I don't want to touch enamel again.

Looking at it, the first impression I get is spraypainted; it looks like a cheap spraypaint, in matt finish, without any other coating. Hmm it could possibly also be powercoated, but I'm not too sure since I don't have much experience with it. It just looks like several powercoated products I've seen before, but it looks like a really thin finish, so I'll be going with the thin layer of spraypaint.

(Aug. 25, 2008  1:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm actually curious if there's any other ARs that are useful for Smash other than those two ...

Hmm personally, I swear by Seaborg, other than its tendacy to fly off.
(Aug. 26, 2008  1:43 AM)Anubis Wrote: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Queen/3992/

you mean the lucifer custom?
I'm with composer, likely paint. but dosen't look matte to me.
ie. this page black dragoon v paint job

I would like to think that would be the an example of the dying process Beholder documented at one point.
maybe also on that site
Solvent Dye is done with heat, in a pot full of heated water. You can just use RIT dye for that, in fact.

Powdercoating (If that's what Nic meant) is also done with heat, but far too much for the plastic. Powder clings to the item with static electricity, and then heat from an oven melts these particles together to form a plastic-like coating. It can be done to weight disks, metal frames, and MFB wheels.

I guess for painting I'll have to try acrylic. I really hate the finish I get with enamels.
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:50 PM)Anubis Wrote: Solvent Dye is done with heat, in a pot full of heated water. You can just use RIT dye for that, in fact.

Powdercoating (If that's what Nic meant) is also done with heat, but far too much for the plastic. Powder clings to the item with static electricity, and then heat from an oven melts these particles together to form a plastic-like coating. It can be done to weight disks, metal frames, and MFB wheels.

I guess for painting I'll have to try acrylic. I really hate the finish I get with enamels.

I always use acrylics, they chip easier but enamels give a really bad finish. I have an excellent looking black DEMS and red DGMSUV done with acyclic paints. I'd suggest Games Workshop paints, they are amazing but very pricey
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:58 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:50 PM)Anubis Wrote: Solvent Dye is done with heat, in a pot full of heated water. You can just use RIT dye for that, in fact.

I always use acrylics, they chip easier but enamels give a really bad finish. I have an excellent looking black DEMS and red DGMSUV done with acyclic paints. I'd suggest Games Workshop paints, they are amazing but very pricey

Do you use a base coat? Do you do any light sanding? Clearcoat?

I'm going to experiment with thinned out epoxy as a coat for the edges that contact opponents.
(Aug. 26, 2008  11:20 PM)Anubis Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:58 PM)Evan Wrote:

Do you use a base coat? Do you do any light sanding? Clearcoat?

I'm going to experiment with thinned out epoxy as a coat for the edges that contact opponents.

I do two coats of the same color, no base. I tried using Clear Coat, didn't turn out well; I just go over it with nail polish.
is bba balancer the same as galeon BB wise? i know the AR and SAR are the same
Yes, BBA Balancer is the same.

Ah yes, I forgot that the plastic can't take it xD all the stuff that I've seen powdercoated are metal, so I just overlooked that.

Hmm I hate enamel too, it's good for walls and banners and stuff but not small parts. Why not try basic spraypaints?

http://www.overjoyed.com.sg/images/produ...nippon.jpg

I use something like this for spraying plastic parts. I like how the finish turns out.

http://beywiki.com/images/6/64/HMSgrips.jpg

The RSMS grip is sprayed with one layer of this black paint, then one layer of matt transparent for protection.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:30 AM)Nic Wrote:

Ah yes, I forgot that the plastic can't take it xD all the stuff that I've seen powdercoated are metal, so I just overlooked that.

Hmm I hate enamel too, it's good for walls and banners and stuff but not small parts. Why not try basic spraypaints?

http://www.overjoyed.com.sg/images/produ...nippon.jpg

I use something like this for spraying plastic parts. I like how the finish turns out.

http://beywiki.com/images/6/64/HMSgrips.jpg

The RSMS grip is sprayed with one layer of this black paint, then one layer of matt transparent for protection.

I'm not a fan of spray on paint for Beyblades, too much of a risk of putting too much on it and ruining the part.
I have always used spray paints and I've done pretty well, it's just that the enamel dries rather sticky and can't be washed too well, etc.
I want to try brushing the paint on next time.

I'll try some basic paints like Nic said.

I don't get it, sounds like you knew the answer anyway..:\

w.e. I always though this paint was interesting, but never tested it.
Krylon Fusion. was being advertised a few years ago. Suppost to bond.