Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

what face booster does dragoon face come in and how can I get that booster?
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:34 AM)81ack dranz3r Wrote: what face booster does dragoon face come in and how can I get that booster?

This question belongs in the Questions about the WBO thread. This thread is for questions regarding Beyblade (the hobby).

Anyway, the Dragoon Face comes in the Face Booster Black which can be obtained by donating a minimum of $10 USD to the WBO through PayPal.
In general for a defense type beyblade, is is better to have a taller or shorter track? Sorry if this is a noobish question lol. I'm new to blading and am constantly trying new combinations for defense. Thanks! Smile
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:31 AM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Track 100 !!! Dude L.LDrago is an attack based bey 100 would much suit thte nbey rather than a 145 with would be the worst bey in century.

It is actually rather effective.

MF Lightning L Drago 145RF - MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
14 - 6 with 2 KOs in favour of Earth.
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:45 AM)otastam Wrote: In general for a defense type beyblade, is is better to have a taller or shorter track? Sorry if this is a noobish question lol. I'm new to blading and am constantly trying new combinations for defense. Thanks! Smile

Good question. I might do some testing in a bit with a high attack bey vs. a low defence. I think it'd be interesting to see the results as, I assume, the defence custom would probably sustain less hits...
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:31 AM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Track 100 !!! Dude L.LDrago is an attack based bey 100 would much suit thte nbey rather than a 145 with would be the worst bey in century.
Lightning L Drago at 145 height would not be 'the worst bey in century'.
Lightning L Drago is a Smash Attack wheel that need to make most contact possible with the opposing Wheel in order to deliver strong hits.

MF Lightning L Drago 145RF would work nicely against other Beys at 145 height.
This is also the main point of using CH120 in the top tier Attack combo MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF.

However, through recent testing, Lightning L Drago has been proving to be effective on low heights as well.

EDIT: Beaten (?)
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:54 AM)momiji manju Wrote: taller track.
I assume you were replying to otastam's post? :\
whats better dragoon ms or slash riger ms?
(Aug. 08, 2010  12:04 PM)aquilla rulles! Wrote: whats better dragoon ms or slash riger ms?

Dragoon MS, but then I'd say this question's like 'is storm pegasis 105RF better than Lightning L Drago 100HF?' A lot of it comes down to its running core, but I'd personally say Slash Upper is better than Metal Attacker.
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:59 AM)Diamond Wrote:

Yeah, sorry. A bit slow on the posting today.
(Aug. 08, 2010  12:36 PM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:59 AM)Diamond Wrote:

Yeah, sorry. A bit slow on the posting today.

Would you mind elaborating a little further about the taller track please? Being new to blading, information like that is very useful for me! Any advice is greatly appreciated! Smile
(Aug. 08, 2010  12:48 PM)otastam Wrote: Would you mind elaborating a little further about the taller track please? Being new to blading, information like that is very useful for me! Any advice is greatly appreciated! Smile

Beywiki Wrote:A current top-tier Attack combo is MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF (Upper Mode). MF and RF help reduce the recoil Lightning experiences, and CH120 allows you to switch heights to accommodate the Beyblade you are facing. If you are facing a higher Beyblade using a 145 Track, use CH120 at the 145 height, or if you are facing a lower Beyblade with D125, use CH120 at the 120 height. Doing this allows the Lightning Metal Wheel make the most contact possible with the opposing Wheel, rather than the Track.
Beywiki is your friend Smile
(Aug. 08, 2010  12:48 PM)otastam Wrote: Would you mind elaborating a little further about the taller track please? Being new to blading, information like that is very useful for me! Any advice is greatly appreciated! Smile
Cpt. Squirrel already answered your question a few posts above:

(Aug. 08, 2010  11:51 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Good question. I might do some testing in a bit with a high attack bey vs. a low defence. I think it'd be interesting to see the results as, I assume, the defence custom would probably sustain less hits...
However, Defense types generally use tall tracks with useful gimmicks such as GB145 and C145. GB145 is heavy (which benefits Defense customizations) while C145's free moving claws help absorb hits from low Attackers.

(Aug. 08, 2010  12:52 PM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: Beywiki is your friend Smile
otastam was asking about this, not Lightning L Drago:
(Aug. 08, 2010  11:45 AM)otastam Wrote: In general for a defense type beyblade, is is better to have a taller or shorter track? Sorry if this is a noobish question lol. I'm new to blading and am constantly trying new combinations for defense. Thanks! Smile

(Aug. 08, 2010  1:17 PM)Diamond Wrote: However, Defense types generally use tall tracks with useful gimmicks such as GB145 and C145. GB145 is heavy (which benefits Defense customizations) while C145's free moving claws help absorb hits from low Attackers.

Pegasis 145RF - MF Earth Bull 90WB:
11 - 9 with 5 KOs in favour of Earth
2 draws (redone)

Seems impressive, right?

MF Pegasis 145RF - MF Earth Bull 90WB:
16 - 4, all 4 wins were KOs in favour of Earth
1 draw (redone)

I think that this was really an exercise in proving either how luck plays a part in this game or how the increased weight given to Pegasis by the MF increases the smash attack - it did seem to hit a lot Earth a lot harder and further.
(Aug. 08, 2010  1:43 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: I think that this was really an exercise in proving either how luck plays a part in this game or how the increased weight given to Pegasis by the MF increases the smash attack - it did seem to hit a lot Earth a lot harder and further.
Yo, it seems like you're testing the difference between Pegasis 145RF and MF Pegasis 145RF more than testing Defense combos on low Tracks, hah.

EDIT: Or were you actually planning to do that?
lol nah I just prefer to use Ray 100RF, MF Lightning L Drago 90RF and (MF) Pegasis 145RF for testing because Storm 100RF doesn't perform well for me, MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF rattles around too much for me and I just can't use Quetz 90RF effectively.
Is there anyway someone could possess Sol Blaze atm? Like other than takara etc.
Search online stores. If that doesn't work try YJA.
Whats a nice replacement for RF? the rubber wore down
R2F, WF them 2 are the only ones i managed to sliding shoot with other than RF.
I also managed to make a slight flower pattern with F as well, but it's definitely not as effective as RF.
(Aug. 08, 2010  2:06 PM)Medz Wrote: Is there anyway someone could possess Sol Blaze atm? Like other than takara etc.
Other than TAKARA-TOMY ? There is no way. Currently there is LAWSON, a Japanese online store, some eBay pre-orders, and Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Sol Blaze has not been released yet however.
Alright thanks. Some guy on MFG, is saying he is selling Sol Blaze and some other beys. I figure hes trying to scam people.
(Aug. 08, 2010  4:50 PM)Medz Wrote: Alright thanks. Some guy on MFG, is saying he is selling Sol Blaze and some other beys. I figure hes trying to scam people.

Not really, because some toy shops in Hong Kong import lots of Sol Blaze for sale.
(Aug. 08, 2010  4:51 PM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: Not really, because some toy shops in Hong Kong import lots of Sol Blaze for sale.
But do they really have it in stock right now ? In theory it is not even released.