Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

I dunno, it seems like a normal field of study for me. Then again... I was in the "gifted" class.
(Jul. 12, 2010  2:07 PM)gurugulu Wrote: Should stamina types have metal faces?

If you have read the previous posts, you should know the answer: NO
Found a video about angular momentum with Geomags: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebjHSJM2b...re=related

It shows that:
When the weight is focused towards the interior, the spin velocity is higher.
When the weight is focused towards the exterior, the spin velocity is lower, but the spinning force lasts longer.
(Jul. 12, 2010  2:16 PM)Clerish Wrote: Found a video about angular momentum with Geomags: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebjHSJM2b...re=related

It shows that:
When the weight is focused towards the interior, the spin velocity is higher.
When the weight is focused towards the exterior, the spin velocity is lower, but the spinning force lasts longer.
That's what I needed to make sure of. Thanks for the info!Joyful_2
(Jul. 12, 2010  2:08 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I dunno, it seems like a normal field of study for me. Then again... I was in the "gifted" class.
You were learning about these things when you were 13? Wow...
(Jul. 12, 2010  2:22 PM)Climax Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2010  2:08 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I dunno, it seems like a normal field of study for me. Then again... I was in the "gifted" class.
You were learning about these things when you were 13? Wow...

Yeah. We actually did the chair experiment in class, but I wasn't sure that everyone had a rotating chair, so I changed it to a standing version.
(Jul. 12, 2010  1:41 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Here's a little experiment you can do at home. Make sure you have a wide open space if you do, though.

Pick up some things with some heft to them with both hands, and spin around with them close to your body, then with your arms extended. Notice how it's much harder to stop with your arms extended? The more weight that is focused on the outside, the more energy it takes to change its momentum. This means that it takes a larger amount of energy for it to spin, resulting in it being slower, but it also means that it takes a larger amount of energy to stop it from spinning.
This is actually an experience I 'discovered' (because I did not know of it before) when I was writing the Flywheel Effect article, hah.
Should the discussion above be moved to the Physics thread?:\
would a hopping force smash blade be any good? or does the hopping blades suck rule still apply?
(Jul. 12, 2010  4:25 PM)mchlbant Wrote: would a hopping force smash blade be any good? or does the hopping blades suck rule still apply?

according to my knowledge a "hopping" beyblade would still suck even if it had a lot of force smash because hopping would cause lack of stamina because the its not properly placed on the stadium floor and unlike smash attack blades force smash blades need decent stamina to defeat its opponent so overall Hopping is not a good sign
ok thanks
Does anyone know what the "official" version of Grand Ketos will be? I mean as in the version that will be used in the show/Beywiki.
(Jul. 12, 2010  4:49 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Does anyone know what the "official" version of Grand Ketos will be? I mean as in the version that will be used in the show/Beywiki.
In the anime, both Grand Ketos' will be used by the two other members of team Excalibur. We could probably just make two Track and two Bottom sections. From what I remember though, one of them is bigger on the box ...
In the thread weights of MFBs or something like that i said that the TT 2nd mold of earth ways more than the sonohong version of earth but i thought sonohong used the exact 2nd mold of earth produced by TT so is there really a defference between these two
(Jul. 12, 2010  5:43 PM)silver knight Wrote: In the thread weights of MFBs or something like that i said that the TT 2nd mold of earth ways more than the sonohong version of earth but i thought sonohong used the exact 2nd mold of earth produced by TT so is there really a defference between these two
This ?
Quote:Earth
30.78 (TT Mold) (submitted by ♥)
32.92 (Sonokong Mold) (submitted by ♥)
33.1 (Sonokong Starter Earth Virgo)
33.2 (Takara Tomy Starter Earth Aquila) (Reinforced)
Personally, 33.1 and 33.2 are basically the same thing. The first mold is the one that weighs only 30.78, and the others could be relatively considered all second mold, I think. Especially since ♥ and Jerf's weighing machine are probably not the same at all.
why do we that 2 set of rules when their little to no differences???
(Jul. 12, 2010  7:36 PM)DarkBlader1 Wrote: why do we that 2 set of rules when their little to no differences???
You mean the Rulebooks ? So one is more of a simplified version for Standard Format, and the other has the rules for everything.
would it be better to have one set and make a section stander rules?
just saying.
(Jul. 12, 2010  7:43 PM)DarkBlader1 Wrote: would it be better to have one set and make a section stander rules?
just saying.
Hm, people should not necessarily have to print everything if they only want to host a Metal Fight Beyblade tournament, which is most likely always going to be the case. We just noticed a mistake in the Standard Rules though, but otherwise it should be good ...
I know GG beyblades are fake and I will never buy them.
But I'm just wondering, are they worth it and do they work properly?
Has anyone had them?
(Jul. 13, 2010  12:12 AM)ha1o1622 Wrote: I know GG beyblades are fake and I will never buy them.
But I'm just wondering, are they worth it and do they work properly?
Has anyone had them?

They are not worth it. You cannot use them in tournaments, they break very easily, and they do not perform as well.
But how can you tell if its fake aside from the GG sign on top of the box? How can you tell just looking at it?
(Jul. 13, 2010  12:30 AM)ha1o1622 Wrote: But how can you tell if its fake aside from the GG sign on top of the box? How can you tell just looking at it?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Update-F...ut?page=11
Another question. Has the WBO held a tournament in Edmonton, Alberta?
(Jul. 13, 2010  3:16 AM)ha1o1622 Wrote: Another question. Has the WBO held a tournament in Edmonton, Alberta?
Not yet.

By the way, it is not really "the WBO" who holds tournaments : we approve of events that the fans themselves organise. The members of the Committee cannot live everywhere and host all the tournaments. Unfortunately, hah.