Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

It is about being aggressive, yes, but the plastic gives the more stamina when the bey loses speed. That may be why, or maybe becasue it's a new part.
I find CS to be infinitely more controllable too, even mint.
I have two questions.
1st: Did anyone from Uk bought something from plamoya and expierienced taxes. If yes how big were they because I want to buy a rock giraffe.
2nd: How big would the EMS shipping on Rakuten be for a booster? I don't know the weight so I can't use the shipping estimator.
(Jun. 11, 2010  11:34 AM)BetaBladerXL Wrote: I have two questions.
1st: Did anyone from Uk bought something from plamoya and expierienced taxes. If yes how big were they because I want to buy a rock giraffe.
2nd: How big would the EMS shipping on Rakuten be for a booster? I don't know the weight so I can't use the shipping estimator.

On plamoya, my gosh... the taxes were HUGE - £20+ but that is to be expected with customs.

However, when I ordered using the SAL option, it didn't get stopped by customs.
oh... thanks!
(Jun. 11, 2010  10:47 AM)Sora. Wrote: I've noticed that a lot of people have started using CS instead of RF in customs. I don't really see why, though. It's less aggressive than RF. I thought that aggressiveness was the most important thing in attack bottoms. There something I'm missing here?

For a few reasons

1) RF has been out for a while so we're trying to find how the new bottoms fit in the metagame.
2) It's a carp-load easier to control than a new RF
3) It's kinda a fun bottom that's not useless.
Also doesn't the fact that it's less aggressive meant it's less likely to go out of the stadium and also it's got more stamina cause it has a stamina mode or something doesn't it?
I know that the flame wheel is known for its good stamina but yesterday i tested with an 145 trach and a HF bottom and i realized that it had good force smash, i was suprised to see that flame caprocorn 145HF won not by out spinning storm pegasis 100RF but by making S. pegasis loose its balance by forcing it down towards the floor of the stadium so is it true that flame wheel could hav some force smash too other than only having stamina capabilities?
No one has really tested flame as an attack wheel, probably because of it's horrible recoil. I'll do some testing tomorrow when I get home.
Flame has great stamina. My Flame (face) DF145SD outspins my Virgo DF145SD 100% of the time.
Read properly. He was talking about attack properties.
The mold variation of Virgo is important, yours may be a 3 minute mold. Mine, though it is a 3 minute mold, it still outspins all other stamina blades
Edit: Flame doesn't have attack abilities
(Jun. 11, 2010  5:07 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Flame has great stamina. My Flame (face) DF145SD outspins my Virgo DF145SD 100% of the time.

You must have Virgo (trash mold).
(Jun. 11, 2010  5:10 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Read properly. He was talking about attack properties.

I know, but he said it was good, and I just wanted to say that it's great. Please stop being so pedantic.

(Jun. 11, 2010  5:11 PM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: .

True. I keep forgetting that my Virgo wheel is quite terrible.
(Jun. 11, 2010  4:26 PM)silver knight Wrote: I know that the flame wheel is known for its good stamina but yesterday i tested with an 145 trach and a HF bottom and i realized that it had good force smash, i was suprised to see that flame caprocorn 145HF won not by out spinning storm pegasis 100RF but by making S. pegasis loose its balance by forcing it down towards the floor of the stadium so is it true that flame wheel could hav some force smash too other than only having stamina capabilities?

What you experienced is a "wobbler" It's not actually forced smash. When a tall beyblade looses it's spin it starts to tilt back and forth "wobbling" and it can force a lower profile beyblade down causing a drastic loss of spin or sometimes (depending on the track in my experience) outright kill the opponent's spin. My Stamina combo does it all the time to my Rock Leone and Dark Cancer.
(Jun. 11, 2010  5:16 PM)Train Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2010  4:26 PM)silver knight Wrote: .
My Stamina combo does it all the time to my Rock Leone and Dark Cancer.

That sounds like a really great combo. What is it?
(Jun. 11, 2010  5:21 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2010  5:16 PM)Train Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2010  4:26 PM)silver knight Wrote: .
My Stamina combo does it all the time to my Rock Leone and Dark Cancer.

That sounds like a really great combo. What is it?

It's just a standard top tier stamina Flame Bull DF145SD I prefer it over Geminos the extra weight seems to let it take hits better and I know that's insane because:

A: it's a Stamina custom and extra weight should be bad
B: it's just a 1.1g difference in weight
Where is it written that extra weight is bad for stamina? Provided it isn'it in the center of the bey, it adds momentum, and makes it spin longer. That's why, for example, Libra has more stamina than Infinity Libra.
(Jun. 11, 2010  5:54 PM)Clerish Wrote: Where is it written that extra weight is bad for stamina? Provided it isn'it in the center of the bey, it adds momentum, and makes it spin longer. That's why, for example, Libra has more stamina than Infinity Libra.
Taken from the Beywiki:

Gemios's lightness alleviates a small amount of weight from the rest of the Beyblade it is being used on, thus decreasing the friction the Bottom has with the BeyStadium floor. It can be put to use in the custom, Earth Gemios DF145SD.

Meaning it lasts longer. Less friction due to lighter weight = longer spin rotation.
I forgot to say that. That's the reason because weight in the center, not adding momentum, just increases the friction, lowering stamina. Weight in metal wheels is so far from the center that the momentum added more than compensates for the increase of friction, while weight in clear wheels adds both a bit of momentum and a bit of friction, so the stamina should be the same for light and heavy ones, if not better for the latter ones.
Yes, that is the flywheel effect. I wrote an article on that, however it still needs to be revised ...
I think we still have to see if weight in clear wheel adds more momentum than friction to the bey, or vice-versa :\
If your ordering from hobby links japan are there any addditional costs apart from shipping and the price? It's my first time ordering from there.
Another question came to mind: the 105HF/S Bottom from Storm Aquario seems to make any bey last long, at least when I test it.. for Rock Leone, would it be better for me to put the 105HF/S over a 145B or ED145B in terms of taking hits and stamina?