Ask a question, get an answer! #2

After reading the Burst Event rules again, I've a question about this segment:

Quote:Foreign Substances: Beyblade parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way. Bladers who intentionally modify the performance of their equipment will be disqualified and potentially banned from future WBO events.
I've assumed this applies to clear nail polish or adhesives for keeping the stickers on, but I wanted some clarification. It seems there are a fair number of people who apply it to the stickers, but also plenty that go completely sticker-free.
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:16 PM)TheLionisDead Wrote: Is Scythe Kronos of any use in standard format ( excluding synchromes), is it legal to switch the upper clear wheel with Leone II clear wheel?

Scythe is in fact a fairly good Stamina type assuming Synchromes aren't in the mix, and was top tier at one time IIRC. It's outclassed by Phantom and Duo, though, and since Standard involves a lot of Synchromes, Scythe is competitively useless as a Stamina type thanks to its inferior Stamina to Duo/Phantom and low weight compared to Synchromes.
(Apr. 04, 2017  6:26 PM)Cake Wrote: Scythe is in fact a fairly good Stamina type assuming Synchromes aren't in the mix, and was top tier at one time IIRC. It's outclassed by Phantom and Duo, though, and since Standard involves a lot of Synchromes, Scythe is competitively useless as a Stamina type thanks to its inferior Stamina to Duo/Phantom and low weight compared to Synchromes.

Please don't say a part is competitively useless because it isn't top teir.
(Apr. 04, 2017  7:49 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Please don't say a part is competitively useless because it isn't top teir.

Well unfortunately for you, it is true because it isn't really viable if you want to have a good chance of winning in standard, unless you banned some specific parts out. Sure, it's good on it's own and better than many wheels, but many of the wheels it's better than are likely limited format, a format 4D Scythe isn't allowed in.
(Apr. 04, 2017  7:57 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Well unfortunately for you, it is true because it isn't really viable if you want to have a good chance of winning in standard, unless you banned some specific parts out. Sure, it's good on it's own and better than many wheels, but many of the wheels it's better than are likely limited format, a format 4D Scythe isn't allowed in.

it's true that it isn't as great as Duo or something. But it has some of it's own advantage too like able to resist spin-stealing and 230ing better lol.

But yeah it isn't completely useless. there just hasn't been any well rounded conbo that's being discovered using Scythe (85RS is great defence but can't hold against LTAC and anything else. SA165BWD is top-tier in ZRG IMO). But we can say in most area Duo outclassed it.

But Death isn't top-tier ethier, but it's still used as replacement of Duo. So maybe it's Second-Tier. I have some brand new combos with Scythe that can be very good, will try them at 23rd event Smile
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:47 PM)Aristo Wrote: After reading the Burst Event rules again, I've a question about this segment:

I've assumed this applies to clear nail polish or adhesives for keeping the stickers on, but I wanted some clarification. It seems there are a fair number of people who apply it to the stickers, but also plenty that go completely sticker-free.

A thin layer of nail polish to protect stickers is actually okay. If you have anything else in mind, though, you should definitely ask us here before going ahead.
(Apr. 04, 2017  7:49 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Please don't say a part is competitively useless because it isn't top teir.

I love a lot of not-quite-top-tier parts, but Scythe is not really even close to top tier or even competitive in a Stamina role anymore. It's far lighter than Synchromes so it's severely threatened by Genbull/Girago E230 destabilizers, it's vulnerable to KO because most opponents it will face are 50% heavier than it and are at least somewhat aggressive, and it's directly outclassed as a Tornado Staller or other niche Stamina role by Phantom, which is in turn outclassed by Duo's superior defenses thanks to those same weight and Attack vulnerability concerns. You'll probably lose to Dragooon, you'll lose to Attack, you'll lose to E230, and you'll lose to Duo Stamina, so I can't say it's at all viable, despite how much I like using stuff outside the meta.

I do specify that it's outclassed as a Stamina type because its free-spinning PC frame gimmick makes it still a very strong Defense type, of all things. Scythe Uranus 85RS is a niche but weirdly effective low-Track Defense combo that can tank hits from most Attack types because the PC frame gets in the way and absorbs the blow. It's still a very niche use, and it's only good for Defense (it's very easy to outspin RS) but it's very effective at what it does.
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:07 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: I kinda agree bud since the old members left mostly the community has gotten quiet to an extent but there are quite a few cool new Bladers who joined too. Though I'm unknown I was around in the community like 10 years ago and left after 5 or so years due to some issues at home but now I come back and see a whole new system and a lot of different people but it's still an awesome place to be at and sometimes change is for the better and beyblade season is coming up were yet to get burst in the uk but once we do u can bet things will get live on the forum. Still remember the days when I used to look at jr_tiger's collection in awe lol.

I've been on this site since before the anniversary overhaul of the site. Who is/was jr_tiger?
(Apr. 04, 2017  9:12 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: I've been on this site since before the anniversary overhaul of the site. Who is/was jr_tiger?

https://worldbeyblade.org/User-JR-Tiger
I recently got this but I can't find any info on what model it is or what those buttons do, I've never seen a launcher like that before. Anyone knows?

http://imgur.com/H01JYDB
http://imgur.com/rto5q0H
(Apr. 04, 2017  9:43 PM)Kalnur Wrote: I recently got this but I can't find any info on what model it is or what those buttons do, I've never seen a launcher like that before. Anyone knows?

RC Meteo L-Drago. I guess
(Apr. 04, 2017  9:43 PM)Kalnur Wrote: I recently got this but I can't find any info on what model it is or what those buttons do, I've never seen a launcher like that before. Anyone knows?

Looks like a remote control version of meteo drago
I know a lot of people really like the metal series and burst is new, but does anyone still host plastic gen tournaments?

just a random curiosity.

also just a quick question for everybody/anybody What is your favorite plastic gen bey/bey lines

Example/My Personal Opinion: I like Flash Leopard and all the Draciel variants :p
(Apr. 05, 2017  4:00 AM)AnimefanX Wrote: I know a lot of people really like the metal series and burst is new, but does anyone still host plastic gen tournaments?

just a random curiosity :p

Not really outside of HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day in July.
(Apr. 05, 2017  4:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Not really outside of HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day in July.

RIP the Bladebreakers DX
(Apr. 05, 2017  4:07 AM)AnimefanX Wrote: RIP the Bladebreakers DX

We here in Mumbai actually host PLA & HMS randomly in 2-4 months atleast. I will be trying to get lots of PLA and HMS and try to sell atleast 1 of those beys to all after-2015 joinned member for affordable price to increase frequency of those format in 2nd half of this year.
Is Zero G a part of the Metal Fight system? As in the way parts work, I guess? Not sure how to explain it, but that's the best way I can phrase my question. Back before I quit Beyblade, I thought it was an entirely different system but it doesn't appear that way.
(Apr. 05, 2017  5:51 AM)AeroRespawn Wrote: Is Zero G a part of the Metal Fight system? As in the way parts work, I guess? Not sure how to explain it, but that's the best way I can phrase my question. Back before I quit Beyblade, I thought it was an entirely different system but it doesn't appear that way.

Zero g beyblades are part of the MFB system and as such compatible with MFB Beyblade
(Apr. 05, 2017  5:51 AM)AeroRespawn Wrote: Is Zero G a part of the Metal Fight system? As in the way parts work, I guess? Not sure how to explain it, but that's the best way I can phrase my question. Back before I quit Beyblade, I thought it was an entirely different system but it doesn't appear that way.

Zero-G is more of an extension of MFB. Tracks and Bottoms are cross-compatible, but their Stone Faces and Chrome/Crystal Wheels are not. Also, wibbly-wobbly stadiums.
Ah okay, that makes sense. It's cool that tracks and bottoms are cross-compatible, but awkward at the same time because of the chrome/crystal wheels.

Right after I posted my question, I realized that the anime sort of answers my question because Gingka is mentioned in Zero-G (or appeared, I don't know, I never watched Zero-G).
(Apr. 04, 2017  8:38 PM)Angry Face Wrote: A thin layer of nail polish to protect stickers is actually okay. If you have anything else in mind, though, you should definitely ask us here before going ahead.

is a thin layer of [super glue brush on] ok too? it's like nail polish.
(Apr. 05, 2017  7:50 AM)ZYeYO Wrote: is a thin layer of [super glue brush on] ok too? it's like nail polish.

I've used a thin coat of liquid super glue to seal facebolt decals in the past, but it can definitely be finnicky. If you could post a picture of your result, though, that would give us a better indicator.
What's a good way of cleaning Beyblade Burst Layers and Discs?
(Apr. 05, 2017  7:50 AM)ZYeYO Wrote: is a thin layer of [super glue brush on] ok too? it's like nail polish.

I build and paint plastic and metal miniatures for wargames and display, and use super glue for metal pieces. 

Super glue dries thicker than nail polish, and can end up looking clumpy and crusty. It'll be glaringly obvious once it's dried. It will be difficult to brush on due to its adhesion - it will try and stick the surface to a brush, most likely ruining both the bristles and the sticker.

Nail polish acts more like a coat of varnish, which is used when sealing a mini after painting/decals. This protects it from everyday wear and keeps the pigment on the model. I'd recommend this option - particularly a proper varnish for models - much more than super glue.
(Apr. 05, 2017  12:32 PM)Angry Face Wrote: I've used a thin coat of liquid super glue to seal facebolt decals in the past, but it can definitely be finnicky. If you could post a picture of your result, though, that would give us a better indicator.

[Image: w7eg7m.jpg]

[Image: beygs6.jpg]

I have done some test's with other AR's and it makes no Difference in Gram's as seen here
 I
 I
V
[Image: 2crnh4h.jpg]

(Apr. 05, 2017  12:58 PM)Aristo Wrote: I build and paint plastic and metal miniatures for wargames and display, and use super glue for metal pieces. 

Super glue dries thicker than nail polish, and can end up looking clumpy and crusty. It'll be glaringly obvious once it's dried. It will be difficult to brush on due to its adhesion - it will try and stick the surface to a brush, most likely ruining both the bristles and the sticker.

Nail polish acts more like a coat of varnish, which is used when sealing a mini after painting/decals. This protects it from everyday wear and keeps the pigment on the model. I'd recommend this option - particularly a proper varnish for models - much more than super glue.

yeah I got that when I went to use a already old used Super Glue Brush On. when you use a new opened Super Glue Brush On its more forgiving.
The super glue I use is the [LOCTITE Super Glue Brush On].