Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Mar. 26, 2012  6:40 PM)Universe² Wrote: Ok, I know this question will have biased answers, but I'll ask it anyways Smile
Which generation do you suggest I get back into, Plastic or HMS? Please give reasoning for your answer. I'm leaning towards Plastics because they're cheaper.

Plastics, HMS will murder your wallet unless you have a fair amount of expendable income.

(Mar. 27, 2012  12:10 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2012  8:05 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I've never really understood why there's a term for "Upper Smash". Where's "Sideways Smash"? Sideways Smash sounds dumb but it's the exact same idea, but with a different vector direction.

I understand that it's to help people understand what they're seeing and help them differentiate from Upper Attack, but Smash Attack in an upward direction is just what it is, nothing requiring extra definitions, haha.

I'm going to quote my own post because I forgot to respond to what several guys responded with a couple pages back. Just so I don't have to quote several quotes!

I completely agree th!nk. However, I just don't feel another vocab word is necessary. Although I do support and understand Hazel's original response, I just feel now it should just be referred to as Smash Attack, towards the sky, haha.

Although, you guys have been pretty good with not making it a term, being that nobody suggested that it goes on BeyWiki and that you guys explain it very well. I guess it's the capitals and use of "Upper" and not "upwards" as it had originally been, as Dan pointed out, that had made me feel like a new term was starting to start, even though it was originally just referred to as "upwards Smash", with Smash captialized only, and the way I personally think it should be.

Hahaha, wow that last sentence jumbled my brain!

We have Force Smash, and people get confused. There's no argument anyway, it's already in the vocab Tongue_out_wink

Ah, Force Smash is a good point, haha. I think I'm making too big of a deal of something so small, haha.Words
No noted differences, and B: D isn't a competitive part.

Probably belongs in purchase consultation too, but eh.
(Mar. 27, 2012  5:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: No noted differences, and B: D isn't a competitive part.

Probably belongs in purchase consultation too, but eh.

So would a B: D from Sonokong, have a higher chance of having a 5min+ spintime than a Takara one?
No noted differences, as I said, so probably not.

I do wonder about those spin time variations still and the phantom wheels themselves...

Still largely irrelevant either way, as I said, it's not a competitive part.
I've heard about this.... I'm still sceptic about whether there really is a difference in wheels, I understand that with bd you could get one with slightly better balance or something, but surely in fusion wheels, there can't be huuuuge variations... Please enlighten me if I'm wrong! Wink
Sorry to say, but you are wrong. Smile
Even though common sense may lead you (not only you, almost everyone here) to believe that Metal Wheels should not have much differences, but with 4D around, things changed a bit. There are MAJOR weight variations among 4D parts. If your Phantom weighs around 40 grams, mine can weigh around 45, and XYZ's around 42 and whatever.
Please read the thread related to this matter in the Advanced Forum, for more details. Smile
Ouch, now I'm super worried that I have rubbish 4d wheels.... :o thanks for answering btw, I would have lead a misleaded life otherwise....! But seriously, I'm off to read more about this, thanks again!
Yeah, I don't have a proper scale, but I have 2 Fang MWs. One is nice and heavy, but the other one is REALLY light.

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it, the Cores are slightly different, too. They still fit with each other, but hey.
Can i use transparent tape on facebolt to protect stickers and can i use printed stickers.
(Mar. 28, 2012  4:37 AM)Sayak Blader Wrote: Can i use transparent tape on facebolt to protect stickers and can i use printed stickers.

It is better not to apply anything on top of the stickers, but you can indeed use printed stickers as long as they are not covering unintended areas of the Beyblade.
Thanks Kai-V
I tried putting clear tape over stickers ages ago. It's not very good. It peels off and practically ruins the sticker. Even worse than applying the original sticker with no modification.
1. hey guys EarthBullC145WD would be better with a metal face or withount in a takara tomy box stadium?
2. do metal faces reduce stamina?
metal faces reduce stamina... and if you want a more defense then put the metal face
(Mar. 28, 2012  8:15 AM)gameboysuperman Wrote: 1. hey guys EarthBullC145WD would be better with a metal face or withount in a takara tomy box stadium?
2. do metal faces reduce stamina?
1. It would be much better without the C145 track. AD145 would be better on it.
2. Metal faces concentrate the weight at the centre of the bey which makes it easier to stop the bey. (Check out the Physics topic for the explanation) however, MF-L is preferred these days on Stamina customs to reduce the recoil which they suffer.
so which one is better for compettiveness?
EDIT: i want a good defense along with stamina
(Mar. 28, 2012  8:28 AM)gameboysuperman Wrote: so which one is better for compettiveness?
EDIT: i want a good defense along with stamina
that totally depends on the type of bey you prefer... love defense use MF-H like stamina MF-F,, thata what i know
whats H & F
(Mar. 28, 2012  8:39 AM)gameboysuperman Wrote: whats H & F
H-heavy
F-feather
You should have redirected him to the Metal Face article on Beywiki.
Question-
Is there a noticeable difference between TT and Hasbro EWDs?
I just read it here-

(Mar. 28, 2012  3:58 PM)reggie yi Wrote: i hope they dont change the tip, i mean hasbro has already make more complex tips suck as EWD for killer beafowl UW145 EWD

hey i have a question,
the wide square stadium is of what type? (attack, balance, defense or stamina)
and what types of beys have the most advantage in this stadium?
Its not attack type definitely and IMO Stamina types would be advantageous in this stadium.